Regime change

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Beebs52
Queen of Wack

Regime change

#1 Post by Beebs52 » Sat Mar 26, 2022 3:05 pm

Isn't "not remaining in power" a regime change? And wouldn't that be a good thing?
Well, then

jarnon

Re: Regime change

#2 Post by jarnon » Sat Mar 26, 2022 3:49 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 3:05 pm
Isn't "not remaining in power" a regime change? And wouldn't that be a good thing?
Hopefully it would be. It's always possible the next leader will be worse.

Putin has destroyed the structure for orderly transfer of power. The Russian people ousted the Communist hard-liners who deposed Gorbachev; it could happen again.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

silverscreenselect

#3 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:36 pm

There are a lot of people who are worried that this might provoke Putin. Tough shit.

Biden has to lead 30 NATO countries to keep a unified message going and that's a tough job. I'm glad we finally have a President who's willing to call out Putin for what he is. Later the White House staff issued some "clarifications" of Biden's statement which nobody is going to listen to or believe. Biden said what he meant and he saved it for the last minute of his speech.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

tlynn78

#4 Post by tlynn78 » Sun Mar 27, 2022 9:24 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:36 pm
There are a lot of people who are worried that this might provoke Putin. Tough shit.

Biden has to lead 30 NATO countries to keep a unified message going and that's a tough job. I'm glad we finally have a President who's willing to call out Putin for what he is. Later the White House staff issued some "clarifications" of Biden's statement which nobody is going to listen to or believe. Biden said what he meant and he saved it for the last minute of his speech.
"Lead" 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

silverscreenselect

#5 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun Mar 27, 2022 9:46 am

tlynn78 wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 9:24 am

"Lead" 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
I know that actual leadership from a president, as opposed to pushing aside rulers from some countries and kissing Putin's ass, has been an unknown quality in the United States for four years, but it's back now, even if you refuse to recognize it.

tlynn78

#6 Post by tlynn78 » Sun Mar 27, 2022 4:48 pm

Sun Mar 27, 2022 9:46 am
tlynn78 wrote:

"Lead" 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
I know that actual leadership from a president, as opposed to pushing aside rulers from some countries and kissing Putin's ass, has been an unknown quality in the United States for four years, but it's back now, even if you refuse to recognize it.
Lol, bless your heart.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#7 Post by Beebs52 » Sun Mar 27, 2022 4:59 pm

tlynn78 wrote:

"Lead" 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
You can't even appreciate one of the few times I agree with what Biden said.
Well, then

tlynn78

#8 Post by tlynn78 » Sun Mar 27, 2022 5:07 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 4:59 pm
tlynn78 wrote:

"Lead" 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Blind pigs, enaht..

a1mamacat

#9 Post by a1mamacat » Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:59 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:

"Lead" 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
I believe he was actually responding to tgirl’s standard scornful attempt at humor.
Lover of Soft Animals and Fine Art
1st annual international BBBL Champeeeeen!

tlynn78

#10 Post by tlynn78 » Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:56 pm

a1mamacat wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:59 pm
Beebs52 wrote:

I believe he was actually responding to tgirl’s standard scornful attempt at humor.

Oh, sweetie. There's humor, then there's laughable. I'm sure you can guess which is inspired by his (and others) commitment to stupidity.

silverscreenselect

#11 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun Mar 27, 2022 10:15 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:56 pm
Oh, sweetie. There's humor, then there's laughable. I'm sure you can guess which is inspired by his (and others) commitment to stupidity.
Stay comfortable in your right-wing information silo. It's much easier than actually seeing what's going on in the real world.

Spock

#12 Post by Spock » Mon Mar 28, 2022 8:08 am

SSS>>>"Biden has to lead 30 NATO countries to keep a unified message going and that's a tough job. <<<<

How is that working out for him?

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/ ... -biden.php

Yes it is a Powerline blog linked story-but the quotes are taken from a British Newspaper "Telegraph" story embedded in the post.

>>>"Emmanuel Macron led a chorus of disapproval following the US president’s comments, in which he called Vladimir Putin a “butcher” and insisted the Russian premier “cannot remain in power”.

Downing Street said it was for the Russian people to choose their leader, while Mr Biden’s own secretary of state contradicted the president in an attempt to limit the diplomatic fallout."

"A Downing Street spokesman said that regime change was not a policy being pursued by Boris Johnson and echoed comments made by Nadhim Zahawi earlier."

"Rebuking his US counterpart, Mr Macron, the French president, said on Sunday: “I think we must do everything to avoid the situation getting out of hand. I wouldn’t use these kinds of words because I’m still in talks with President Putin.”<<<

AND NOTABLY

>>>"Joe Biden’s off-the-cuff comments in Warsaw regarding the future leadership of Russia were a shot in the arm for Vladimir Putin.

For one thing, they played right into the false Kremlin narrative of an aggressive Nato, hell-bent on Russia’s destruction."<<<

Spock

#13 Post by Spock » Mon Mar 28, 2022 8:19 am

Spock wrote:
Mon Mar 28, 2022 8:08 am
SSS>>>"Biden has to lead 30 NATO countries to keep a unified message going and that's a tough job. <<<<

Yes it is a Powerline blog linked story-but the quotes are taken from a British Newspaper "Telegraph" story embedded in the post.

>>>"Emmanuel Macron led a chorus of disapproval following the US president’s comments, in which he called Vladimir Putin a “butcher” and insisted the Russian premier “cannot remain in power”.

Downing Street said it was for the Russian people to choose their leader, while Mr Biden’s own secretary of state contradicted the president in an attempt to limit the diplomatic fallout."

"A Downing Street spokesman said that regime change was not a policy being pursued by Boris Johnson and echoed comments made by Nadhim Zahawi earlier."

"Rebuking his US counterpart, Mr Macron, the French president, said on Sunday: “I think we must do everything to avoid the situation getting out of hand. I wouldn’t use these kinds of words because I’m still in talks with President Putin.”<<<

AND NOTABLY

>>>"Joe Biden’s off-the-cuff comments in Warsaw regarding the future leadership of Russia were a shot in the arm for Vladimir Putin.

For one thing, they played right into the false Kremlin narrative of an aggressive Nato, hell-bent on Russia’s destruction."<<<
And then there is this

>>>Those who work for Biden rushed to assure the world that Biden didn’t mean what he said. Upon his return to Washington denied that he meant what he said.

“Mr. President, do you want Putin removed? Mr. President, were you calling for regime change?” a reporter shouted.

“No,” Biden replied before entering his presidential limousine and motorcading back to the White House."<<<<

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/ ... mind-5.php

silverscreenselect

#14 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Mar 28, 2022 8:41 am

Spock wrote:
Mon Mar 28, 2022 8:08 am

AND NOTABLY

1) Biden's comments were not "off-the-cuff." He has in the past said some things quickly, usually in response to a question from the press, like the first time he referred to Putin as a war criminal. These remarks came at the end of a 30-minute speech and immediately before that he said
Ukraine will never be a victory for Russia. For free people refuse to live in a world of hopelessness and darkness. We will have a different future, a brighter future. Rooted in democracy and principle. Hope and light. Decency and dignity. Freedom and possibilities. For God's sake, this man cannot remain in power.
That entire part of the speech was scripted. I don't think Biden's that good a public speaker to seamlessly segue from talking about hope and light, decency and dignity into an ad libbed Vlad's gotta go moment. And it tied in with the earlier tenor of the speech when he addressed the Russian people directly, even though they couldn't hear it.

2) The non-walkback walkbacks from US officials were also part of the game plan. Biden isn't suggesting that we send in a Navy SEAL team to eliminate Putin, but if some of Putin's advisors feel the cost of this war is too much, well..... The official reaction was that our official policy is not to bring about regime change. This has echoes of Claude Rains being shocked to learn that gambling was going on at Rick's Cafe.

3) Macron is trying to play good cop and distance himself from Biden so he can maintain lines of communication with Putin. More song-and-dance.

4) Putin doesn't need any excuses to get provoked. We've spent too much time worrying about what might provoke him. The intended audience wasn't Putin. It was those around him who are in a position to make things difficult for him. Putin also faces the problem that if he responds in Russian media to Biden's comments, he gives them more visibility with the Russian public than they would otherwise have had.

5) What's noteworthy is that the official Russian reaction to Biden's speech hasn't been very demonstrative. They don't want to give Biden's statement any more mileage than it already has.

6) Republicans can be counted on to trash anything Biden says.

flockofseagulls104

#15 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Mar 28, 2022 7:48 pm

I think he was referring to himself in a rare moment of introspection.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

kroxquo

#16 Post by kroxquo » Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:50 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Mon Mar 28, 2022 7:48 pm
52 hours and 45 minutes from the original post to this comment. That is about 52 hours and 35 minutes longer than I thought it would take
You live and learn. Or at least you live. - Douglas Adams

flockofseagulls104

#17 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:56 pm

kroxquo wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:50 am
Mon Mar 28, 2022 7:48 pm
52 hours and 45 minutes from the original post to this comment. That is about 52 hours and 35 minutes longer than I thought it would take
Sorry. I was busy.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

silverscreenselect

#18 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:20 pm

Well someone's talking about regime change:
Duma member and State TV Host Evgeny Popov wrote:It’s time for us, for our people to call on the people of the United States to change the regime in the U.S. … and to again help our partner Trump to become president.
The Russians may not know how to fight a war, but they know who their American political partner is. So does that political partner:
In an interview with JustTheNews, Trump pushed an unproven claim about Hunter Biden's business dealings in Russia, and asked Putin to release any information that he might have about the situation. It's not clear that any material exists, or if the Kremlin has access to it. "I would think Putin would know the answer to that," Trump said, referring to Hunter Biden's potential dealings in Russia. "I think he should release it. I think we should know that answer."

Trump's public appeal to Putin harkens back to his infamous July 2016 comment in which he said, "Russia, if you're listening," and then urged Putin to hack Hillary Clinton's personal emails. It was the start of a years-long effort by Trump to raise his political prospects with foreign help.
https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/29/politics ... index.html

As long as Putin has a useful idiot in Trump and Trump has useful idiots in Flock, this nonsense will continue. We now know Flock's price. It's a set of wristbands to sit in the cool seats next to Herschel Walker.

BackInTex

#19 Post by BackInTex » Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:44 pm

Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:20 pm
Duma member and State TV Host Evgeny Popov wrote:It’s time for us, for our people to call on the people of the United States to change the regime in the U.S. … and to again help our partner Trump to become president.
The Russians may not know how to fight a war, but they know who their American political partner is. So does that political partner:
In an interview with JustTheNews, Trump pushed an unproven claim about Hunter Biden's business dealings in Russia, and asked Putin to release any information that he might have about the situation. It's not clear that any material exists, or if the Kremlin has access to it. "I would think Putin would know the answer to that," Trump said, referring to Hunter Biden's potential dealings in Russia. "I think he should release it. I think we should know that answer."

Trump's public appeal to Putin harkens back to his infamous July 2016 comment in which he said, "Russia, if you're listening," and then urged Putin to hack Hillary Clinton's personal emails. It was the start of a years-long effort by Trump to raise his political prospects with foreign help.

As long as Putin has a useful idiot in Trump and Trump has useful idiots in Flock, this nonsense will continue. We now know Flock's price. It's a set of wristbands to sit in the cool seats next to Herschel Walker.
I don’t know if you’re just stupid or evil or unAmerican . I’m beginning to lean to the latter. I’m with Flock. This place is a den of snakes.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

silverscreenselect

#20 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:17 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:44 pm
I don’t know if you’re just stupid or evil or unAmerican . I’m beginning to lean to the latter. I’m with Flock. This place is a den of snakes.
At a time when Russian State TV talks about getting their "partner" Trump back in office and he implores Vladimir Putin to release the dirt he's surely holding on Hunter Biden, you accuse me of being un-American. (And I haven't even gotten into what the judge had to say about Trump's activities in connection with the January 6 uprising.)

flockofseagulls104

#21 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:32 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:20 pm

I learned a long time ago that he's all three.

silverscreenselect

#22 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:35 pm

Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:32 pm
BackInTex wrote:
Interesting how BiT bypassed that entire post about Trump and his Russian buddies to go after me as un-American.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#23 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:16 am

Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:35 pm
BackInTex wrote:
Interesting how BiT bypassed that entire post about Trump and his Russian buddies to go after me as un-American.
According to far too many Republicans, anyone who disagrees with them is, for that very reason, un-American. That's why they're so adamant about disqualifying voters who disagree with them by any means necessary. Which, ironically, is about as un-American as it's possible to be. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#24 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:59 am

Bob78164 wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:16 am
Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:35 pm
According to far too many Republicans, anyone who disagrees with them is, for that very reason, un-American. That's why they're so adamant about disqualifying voters who disagree with them by any means necessary. Which, ironically, is about as un-American as it's possible to be. --Bob
For God's sake, for once and for all the whole Russia-Trump thing is a hoax and it always has been. The more you cling to that the stupider you are. Hillary and Biden have more connections to Russia and Putin than Trump ever had. You just don't want to look at the evidence and are committed to sticking to your totally disproven narrative.

If Trump was Putin's buddy would he have done everything he could to stop Putin's NordStream Pipeline (Which Biden immediately encouraged)?
Would he have let the US Military confront Russian troops in Syria, killing more than 200 Russian soldiers who were aiding ISIS?
Would he have actually provided weaponry to Ukraine rather than just giving them 'blankets', which is all Obama was willing to do?
Expelled many Russian diplomats for the US?
Closed the Russian Consulate in San Francisco and annexes in Washington and NYC?
Chastised the European members of Nato for their lack of commitment to the organization in urged them to live up to their commitments.
Would he have prevented 'at least $3 billion' in Russian deals from going through by imposing sanctions on Putin's oligarchs?
You never acknowledge that Putin never tried to invade any other country during his administration, and started planning his Ukraine invasion as soon as Biden was elected.

Oh, sure, there are all kinds of articles you can link to that will dispute everything, because if there's one thing leftists are good at it is flooding the internet with any kind of garbage they can come up with to support their approved narrative. But what I have listed are FACTS. And if Trump was a Putin puppet, as your stupid narrative contends, he would never have done ANY of those things. So go ahead, find us your bullshit articles to support your bullshit narrative.

Your turn Stalker. Are you there?
Mueller? Mueller?

silverscreenselect

#25 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:08 am

Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:59 am
Hillary and Biden have more connections to Russia and Putin than Trump ever had. You just don't want to look at the evidence and are committed to sticking to your totally disproven narrative.
There is a big legal difference between disproven and unproven. As for the evidence: