What is Your LA Confidential?

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Spock

What is Your LA Confidential?

#1 Post by Spock » Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:48 am

If anyone wants to play.

A lot of games of this type ask what movie will you always watch if you flipping channels and it is on-well, this might be a little different.

What movie(s) do you make a point to watch every year or two or whatever?

My main one is LA Confidential. I make a point to watch it every year or two. I love that movie and the way the mystery unfolds and I don't get bored with a regular rewatch.
Another 2 are Blood Diamond and The Lighthorsemen.

Chinatown should be on this list as a fairly common rewatch but my disk is broken and I haven't seen it for awhile..

Even as the kids have gotten older, we rewatch Secondhand Lions, Ghost and the Darkness and Jaws and the miniseries Centennial on a regular basis. Also Hatari, The Searchers and Bringing Up Baby.

Bob Juch

Re: What is Your LA Confidential?

#2 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:56 am

I watch many favorites every so often, but my memory is excellent, so I don't need to watch them often.

On my list:
Goodfellas
The Shawshank Redemption
Stand By Me
Dances With Wolves
Blade Runner
The Godfather I & II
Gladiator
The Usual Suspects
Memento
Good Will Hunting
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#3 Post by Beebs52 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:52 pm

For light stuff Bridesmaids.
"Look awayyyy!"
Well, then

silverscreenselect

#4 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:15 pm

As Spock already knows, I love watching The Wild Bunch. When HBO Max came on, I was pleased to learn that it was more or less a staple on the service.

On the lighter side, I get a kick out of watching "Road House," the greatest B-movie of all time.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Spock

#5 Post by Spock » Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:36 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:15 pm
As Spock already knows, I love watching The Wild Bunch. When HBO Max came on, I was pleased to learn that it was more or less a staple on the service.

On the lighter side, I get a kick out of watching "Road House," the greatest B-movie of all time.
I know I cross-posted this from Sons of the Pioneers on The Wild Bunch before but Ugly Hombre's comments are wonderful. Plus there is the book on it called "The Wild Bunch: Sam Peckinpah, a Revolution in Hollywood, and the Making of a Legendary Film"

https://frontierpartisans.com/13983/mel-wild-bunch/

>>>'There was a bar in the PI outside Clark on MacArthur Highway , ran by a retired SF guy where Army types and shady characters passed the time and drank San Miguel, ate balut and plotted.

I was a young AF GI and did not belong there. Late 70’s early 80’s- they played “The Wild Bunch” all night on some kind of a prehistoric projection TV. Must have went in there 100 times, took all my pard’s there to watch it- we drank a Rabbit bus load of serbesa. Saw some very strange sights. lol-"<<<<<<

>>>>"You no longer have beat up verified tough guys and old tarantula’s who know how to handle a rifle like Holden, Ryan, Oates, the great Ben Johnson and so on. What you have today- in the film world, is a bunch of foppish girl singers."<<<<

Spock

#6 Post by Spock » Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:13 pm

>>>>>>>'There was a bar in the PI outside Clark on MacArthur Highway , ran by a retired SF guy where Army types and shady characters passed the time and drank San Miguel, ate balut and plotted.

I was a young AF GI and did not belong there. Late 70’s early 80’s- they played “The Wild Bunch” all night on some kind of a prehistoric projection TV. Must have went in there 100 times, took all my pard’s there to watch it- we drank a Rabbit bus load of serbesa. Saw some very strange sights. lol-"<<<<<<

Hey TGirl and Beebs-either of you 2 ever spend time in an ex-Special Forces bar in the Philippines-late 70's/early 80's? Not that I would judge. Shady characters, indeed.