On Fuel Prices and the Farm

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BackInTex

Re: On Fuel Prices and the Farm

#26 Post by BackInTex » Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:27 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:13 pm
You do realize that not one drop of oil from the XL pipeline was going to stay in the U.S., right?
Really? Please explain.

And while you're at it, explain how, if 500,000 barrels a day go somewhere else besides here, as you imply, that it wouldn't relieve the demand for the oil that would now stay here and thereby not affect the price here at home.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#27 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:27 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:54 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:39 pm
Really? Point to specific actions you think President Biden has taken to support your claim. I pointed to specific actions he took that support my claim. —Bob
You know he did bob. He was proud of it. The first thing he did was unilaterally kill the Keystone XL Pipeline. But he then went on to do the whole shmear, like he promised idiots like you. I provided a link for you to check it out. Of course, you ignored it. Here's one link in that article that pertains specifically to your challenge, but there are many more:

https://www.federalregister.gov/documen ... ate-crisis
(See the last paragraph of Section 1 and the entirety of Section 2.)

That link, assuming you are not scared to click on it because your computer monitor might get contaminated by displaying content from a conservative-leaning organization, contains several other links, including a link to the actual legislation that was passed and signed into law that reinstates a long list of swamp-friendly bullshit. It was one of the first things Birden did. The list of regulations, studies, task groups and investigations it calls for is truly frightening to anyone who does not dwell in the swamp.

bob, I thought you were off to Reno. Assuming you are still going and it is not part of your sacrifices to forego your trip, while you are there, dedicate one of your bridge hands to the people of Ukraine. It will, I'm sure, be a comfort to both the Ukrainian people and the people of the US who have to make hard decisions on how to feed their children.

Sorry for the sarcasm, but you show yourself to be an elitist, ultra partisan, egghead snob every time you post here. You really missed your calling. You should be one of those B List Hollywood actors that lectures everyone else about morality. At least IMHO.

----
This post is now officially open for the stalker to insult me in some form or another, and for the mob to change the subject. I expect no direct answer from bob, of course.
You do realize that not one drop of oil from the XL pipeline was going to stay in the U.S., right?
According to whom?
Well, then

flockofseagulls104

#28 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:42 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:27 pm
Bob Juch wrote:

You know he did bob. He was proud of it. The first thing he did was unilaterally kill the Keystone XL Pipeline. But he then went on to do the whole shmear, like he promised idiots like you. I provided a link for you to check it out. Of course, you ignored it. Here's one link in that article that pertains specifically to your challenge, but there are many more:

That link, assuming you are not scared to click on it because your computer monitor might get contaminated by displaying content from a conservative-leaning organization, contains several other links, including a link to the actual legislation that was passed and signed into law that reinstates a long list of swamp-friendly bullshit. It was one of the first things Birden did. The list of regulations, studies, task groups and investigations it calls for is truly frightening to anyone who does not dwell in the swamp.

bob, I thought you were off to Reno. Assuming you are still going and it is not part of your sacrifices to forego your trip, while you are there, dedicate one of your bridge hands to the people of Ukraine. It will, I'm sure, be a comfort to both the Ukrainian people and the people of the US who have to make hard decisions on how to feed their children.

Sorry for the sarcasm, but you show yourself to be an elitist, ultra partisan, egghead snob every time you post here. You really missed your calling. You should be one of those B List Hollywood actors that lectures everyone else about morality. At least IMHO.

----
This post is now officially open for the stalker to insult me in some form or another, and for the mob to change the subject. I expect no direct answer from bob, of course.
According to whom?
C'mon now. This is BJ. He writes one sentence trolls to anything anyone writes that challenges the limits of his comprehension. That's what he does. You are not going to get any answer that makes any sense from him. Wait for an answer from one of the more loquacious members of the mob. After you get past the ubiquitous jabs at me, they might find and link to some article from a non-biased expert in the matter that no one has ever heard of that will prove to us once and for all that we're all full of crap and we should just shut our traps. And then they'll change the subject.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Bob Juch

#29 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:48 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:
Really? Please explain.

And while you're at it, explain how, if 500,000 barrels a day go somewhere else besides here, as you imply, that it wouldn't relieve the demand for the oil that would now stay here and thereby not affect the price here at home.
The plan was to send the oil to a refinery in Port Arthur, Texas, and the products would be shipped to foreign markets. The oil is from tar sands and, therefore, very dirty, so it would have had to be refined first.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

flockofseagulls104

#30 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:56 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:48 pm
BackInTex wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:
Really? Please explain.

The plan was to send the oil to a refinery in Port Arthur, Texas, and the products would be shipped to foreign markets. The oil is from tar sands and, therefore, very dirty, so it would have had to be refined first.
Maybe I'm misinformed, but doesn't ALL crude oil need to be refined?
But again, this is another distractor. The Keystone shutdown was only the first action the Birden administration did to cut down our domestic oil production. Of course you have not bothered to read Section 1 and Section 2 of the executive order I linked to which specifically shows that Birden targeted all the reforms Trump made, not for any other reason except they were done in THE PAST 4 YEARS.
I know it's a lot, but if you have any more trolls, can you make them at least somewhat related to that topic?
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#31 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:25 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:28 am
[President Biden] has made it economically and legally painful to produce oil in the US, simply because he and his backers hated Trump.
Really? Point to specific actions you think President Biden has taken to support your claim. I pointed to specific actions he took that support my claim. —Bob

----
No, flock. I don’t have four years of Executive Orders committed to memory. (And Keystone wouldn’t have been ready for years so it’s cancellation had no IMMEDIATE effect, which is the claim I’m disputing.)

Tell me specifically what regulation the Biden Administration cancelled that has an immediate or short-term effect on the availability of oil here. And connect the dots so that we can see why the cancellation had an immediate or short-term effect.

You can’t do it, and we all know why. You’re too damn lazy to do your own homework, instead pointing to someone else’s talking points with no understanding of your own how they do or don’t support your thesis. That’s what you did with Keystone and that’s what you’re doing with the suspension of Donny’s orders.

And as you may have guessed, they have the Internet here in Reno. But if you’re going to continue making stupid arguments that you don’t even understand well enough to see why they’re stupid, then engaging with you isn’t worth my time. I have more important things to do. Like cleaning my shoes. —Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#32 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:34 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:25 pm
Bob78164 wrote:

----
No, flock. I don’t have four years of Executive Orders committed to memory. (And Keystone wouldn’t have been ready for years so it’s cancellation had no IMMEDIATE effect, which is the claim I’m disputing.)

Tell me specifically what regulation the Biden Administration cancelled that has an immediate or short-term effect on the availability of oil here. And connect the dots so that we can see why the cancellation had an immediate or short-term effect.

You can’t do it, and we all know why. You’re too damn lazy to do your own homework, instead pointing to someone else’s talking points with no understanding of your own how they do or don’t support your thesis. That’s what you did with Keystone and that’s what you’re doing with the suspension of Donny’s orders.

And as you may have guessed, they have the Internet here in Reno. But if you’re going to continue making stupid arguments that you don’t even understand well enough to see why they’re stupid, then engaging with you isn’t worth my time. I have more important things to do. Like cleaning my shoes. —Bob
I *#&$& pointed to the @^#% executive %#^@^ order told all the denizens of the swamp to ^&^%# find all the things that trump did they didn't like and go back to where they were before trump, BOB. And they &&*#^& did it, which is *&(#^ why the price of gas and all other &*#^% things that use oil has been going up for months, BOB. Putin just added an additional surcharge, BOB.

*&#*$^ you, BOB.

OMIGOD. This is why I left before. I should just let their willful ignorance and unwillingness to concede anything even when presented with incontrovertible evidence speak for itself.
I don't care if it is your opinion that it was the right thing for Biden to do, but you have NO ARGUMENT that he targeted everything that had been done FOR THE PREVIOUS 4 YEARS. It is spelled out in the executive order BOB. Just ^&#&^ admit it.
Last edited by flockofseagulls104 on Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#33 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:39 pm

Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:34 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:25 pm

----

I *#&$& pointed to the @^#% executive %#^@^ order told all the denizens of the swamp to ^&^%# find all the things that trump did they didn't like and go back to where they were before trump, BOB. And the &&*#^& did it, which is *&(#^ why the price of gas and all other &*#^% things that use oil has been going up for months, BOB. Putin just added an additional surcharge, BOB.

*&#*$^ you, BOB.
The executive order has no immediate or short-term effect on availability. Explain why I’m wrong. You can’t, because you don’t understand the issues and you’re unwilling to learn or lack the capacity to do so. Based on what I’ve seen from you over the years, my bet is on the latter. —Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#34 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:59 pm

In November 2021, the Environmental Protection Agency announced new regulations governing methane emissions from oil and gas production, transmission, storage, and distribution that would cost more than $1 billion a year.

Last spring, Biden signed a resolution that overturned Trump administration reforms to EPA oil and gas rules. This resolution will worsen energy poverty, reestablish burdensome regulations, and have a disproportionate impact on small businesses.
One of Biden’s first actions after taking office was to halt new oil and gas leases on federal lands and waters, the Biden administration has delayed decisions on these leases — a move that results in higher energy costs for the most vulnerable consumers.

The administration canceled the Keystone XL pipeline and suspended oil and gas leases in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge and New Mexico (despite opposition from the Navajo Nation). It also resurrected the “Waters of the United States” rule, which would increase barriers to energy projects.

The White House is pursuing new standards for particulate matter and ozone, likely tightening them to unachievable levels for much of the country and creating new barriers for energy project permits.

The president also has rescinded Endangered Species Act reforms, a move that will increase red tape and allow litigation to slow down energy projects.
The president has created several bodies within the White House charged with creating new policies to regulate energy. The people who run these councils are unelected and do not need Senate confirmation, but they have been given broad powers to come up with new executive actions — which do not need consent from Congress — to regulate U.S. energy production.
There's just a few, BOB. All of which make it more difficult and costly to develop new energy projects. BUT YOU KNOW IT, BOB! Why are we going to Venezuela, Iran and Saudi Arabia (who apparently won't even answer calls from Birden) and asking them to give us oil, when just over a year ago, we were producing more oil than we needed? BOB?

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#35 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:05 pm

Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:59 pm
In November 2021, the Environmental Protection Agency announced new regulations governing methane emissions from oil and gas production, transmission, storage, and distribution that would cost more than $1 billion a year.

Last spring, Biden signed a resolution that overturned Trump administration reforms to EPA oil and gas rules. This resolution will worsen energy poverty, reestablish burdensome regulations, and have a disproportionate impact on small businesses.
One of Biden’s first actions after taking office was to halt new oil and gas leases on federal lands and waters, the Biden administration has delayed decisions on these leases — a move that results in higher energy costs for the most vulnerable consumers.

The administration canceled the Keystone XL pipeline and suspended oil and gas leases in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge and New Mexico (despite opposition from the Navajo Nation). It also resurrected the “Waters of the United States” rule, which would increase barriers to energy projects.

The White House is pursuing new standards for particulate matter and ozone, likely tightening them to unachievable levels for much of the country and creating new barriers for energy project permits.

The president also has rescinded Endangered Species Act reforms, a move that will increase red tape and allow litigation to slow down energy projects.
The president has created several bodies within the White House charged with creating new policies to regulate energy. The people who run these councils are unelected and do not need Senate confirmation, but they have been given broad powers to come up with new executive actions — which do not need consent from Congress — to regulate U.S. energy production.
There's just a few, BOB. All of which make it more difficult and costly to develop new energy projects. BUT YOU KNOW IT, BOB! Why are we going to Venezuela, Iran and Saudi Arabia (who apparently won't even answer calls from Birden) and asking them to give us oil, when just over a year ago, we were producing more oil than we needed? BOB?
None of which have an immediate or short-term effect on production. The impact of all of these actions on production is years away. Which you might know if you were capable of understanding the issues for yourself instead of simply quoting talking points whose limitations you demonstrably don’t understand. —Bob

flockofseagulls104

#36 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:20 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:05 pm
Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:59 pm

None of which have an immediate or short-term effect on production. The impact of all of these actions on production is years away. Which you might know if you were capable of understanding the issues for yourself instead of simply quoting talking points whose limitations you demonstrably don’t understand. —Bob
Of course, bob. Nobody understands anything but you. More wind to piss into.

Bob Juch

#37 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:51 pm

Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:56 pm
Bob Juch wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:48 pm
BackInTex wrote:

Really? Please explain.

Maybe I'm misinformed, but doesn't ALL crude oil need to be refined?
But again, this is another distractor. The Keystone shutdown was only the first action the Birden administration did to cut down our domestic oil production. Of course you have not bothered to read Section 1 and Section 2 of the executive order I linked to which specifically shows that Birden targeted all the reforms Trump made, not for any other reason except they were done in THE PAST 4 YEARS.
I know it's a lot, but if you have any more trolls, can you make them at least somewhat related to that topic?
Yes, all oil needs to be refined, but oil from tar sands is so dirty that it's not profitable to load it onto a ship unrefined. Actually, the pipeline itself is not very profitable because of the oil it transmits as well as the problems when it inevitably leaks.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

silverscreenselect

#38 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:25 pm

Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:20 pm
Of course, bob. Nobody understands anything but you. More wind to piss into.
No, Flock, you don't understand. You demonstrate that you don't understand by screaming at the Bobs (and ignoring me other than to occasionally refer to me as the stalker) and cutting and pasting various talking points from right wing sources.

You blindly accept that giving oil companies free rein to do whatever they want at the expense of the environment is good policy. A lot of other people don't see it that way. And, as Bob said, all of Biden's reforms don't have an immediate effect on oil production. The biggest reason that oil production didn't increase that much in 2021 was the pandemic and related economic fallout which cratered oil production in 2020 and took it a long time to build back up again.

As for the Keystone Pipeline, it would carry what's known as tar sands oil, which is very dirty oil. It presents more of a danger to the environment and more hazardous byproducts when it is refined. It requires considerably more refining than light crude oil to produce gasoline, diesel, kerosene, and the other common types of usable end products. For that reason, it's not cost effective to refine heavy crude oil for those purposes. Instead, it's used for cheaper products like road surfacing material, plastics components, and petrochemicals. Most of those products are sold overseas, not here in the U.S. It's considerably more likely to cause a leak than other types of oil, and a massive oil leak from the pipeline in the United States could be an environmental disaster. What's more, there's no showing that the oil being transported through the pipeline couldn't be transported by other means. In fact, rail transport has already increased to pick up a lot of the slack.

The U.S. currently gets about 3% of its oil from Russia. This ban won't affect our capacity to get the oil we need very much. But we are very concerned about our European allies who get much more of their oil from Russia. The reason we're trying to increase supply is primarily to help them avoid the pinch. The UAE is now trying to help to increase production.

Flock, if you would avoid the hyperventilating and screaming, people would be far more likely to have a reasoned discussion in response to your posts. For example
BUT YOU KNOW IT, BOB!
Sorry for the sarcasm, but you show yourself to be an elitist, ultra partisan, egghead snob every time you post here.
I *#&$& pointed to the @^#% executive %#^@^ order told all the denizens of the swamp to ^&^%# find all the things that trump did they didn't like and go back to where they were before trump, BOB. And the &&*#^& did it, which is *&(#^ why the price of gas and all other &*#^% things that use oil has been going up for months, BOB. Putin just added an additional surcharge, BOB. *&#*$^ you, BOB
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com