Brittney Griner

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
themanintheseersuckersuit

Re: Brittney Griner

#26 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:18 am

My favorite part was her complaint that no one advised her of her rights after her arrest.
Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.

Spock

#27 Post by Spock » Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:02 am

themanintheseersuckersuit wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:18 am
My favorite part was her complaint that no one advised her of her rights after her arrest.
Yeah, I got a kick out of that too.

She won't stand for the national anthem-so one assumes that she doesn't like our justice system-but then she pulls a "Midnight Express" stunt and expects that the rest of the world has our justice system.

Most typical liberal stunt ever.

She got kicked in the teeth by reality.

silverscreenselect

#28 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:46 am

Spock wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:02 am
themanintheseersuckersuit wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:18 am
Yeah, I got a kick out of that too.

She won't stand for the national anthem-so one assumes that she doesn't like our justice system-but then she pulls a "Midnight Express" stunt and expects that the rest of the world has our justice system.

Most typical liberal stunt ever.

She got kicked in the teeth by reality.
Most typical conservative misreading of reality ever.

Billy Hayes tried to smuggle several pounds of hash out of Turkey that he had strapped to his body. He was a drug smuggler, no question about it. Whether he deserved the treatment he got in prison is a different story.

Britney Griner was arrested for possession of small, personal amounts of medically prescribed cannabis that's illegal in Russia. Like many celebrities (and tourists in general), she was probably unaware or didn't fully appreciate the drug laws in different countries. But it's also pretty clear that she has been used by the Russians as a political pawn since her arrest.

Liberals also understand that while the U.S. justice system is considerably better than that of other countries like Russia, there's still plenty of room for improvement, especially in the disparate treatment minorities receive.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

BackInTex

#29 Post by BackInTex » Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:40 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:46 am
Liberals also understand that while the U.S. justice system is considerably better than that of other countries like Russia, there's still plenty of room for improvement, especially in the disparate treatment minorities receive.
Some liberals, intelligent ones such as yourself, yes. Most liberals, no. They believe the negative slant of the MSM and think we are what's wrong with the world (and by default the rest of the world is not to blame).
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Vandal
Director of Promos

#30 Post by Vandal » Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:40 am

Brittney Griner released after prisoner swap between US and Russian

President Joe Biden announced that WNBA star Brittney Griner has been released from Russian imprisonment after a prisoner swap.

https://www.usatoday.com/videos/news/20 ... 857831002/
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster