My Gawd, The West is Laughable

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Weyoun

Re: My Gawd, The West is Laughable

#51 Post by Weyoun » Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:37 am

tlynn78 wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:58 am
Weyoun wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:31 am
tlynn78 wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:14 am

Not objectively incompetent? Have you heard any of the speeches from our president or vice lately?
Great response. I bet you’ve been caught wearing an “I’d rather be Russian than a Democrat shirt.”

You'd lose that bet, but I imagine you're accustomed to that. I know the concept may be a bit abstract for you to grasp, but being embarrassed by our 'leadership' doesn't preclude one being disgusted by Putin's actions.
But why bring it up? We actually really weren’t talking about Biden. We were talking about how supposedly macho the Russian military is and how weak the American military is.

Spock in particular felt that Russia was exemplifying some very important values based on the militarism.

From what I can tell, their sense of the militarism is a bunch of conscripts, sloppy planning, and murdering civilians. I’ll pass on praising Russia, and note that Spock looks like an awful and foolish person for praising them.

silverscreenselect

#52 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:03 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:14 am
He has a lot of nerve calling anyone else an embarrassment.
Flock, if you want to see an embarrassment, look in the mirror.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

silverscreenselect

#53 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:15 am

BackInTex wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:43 am
Bob Juch wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:37 am
Weren't you embarrassed by President Trump? The whole world except Russia and North Korea laughed at him!
No they didn't, but they are laughing at the current guy.
As BiT likes to remind me, where's your evidence of this?

Considering how foreign approval of Trump and the United States sank to all-time lows in most countries not run by Vladimir Putin, I can't see how you can say that with a straight face. I did try to get international approval polls, and all the ones I found showed that Biden's popularity abroad was considerably higher than Trump's. However, in fairness, the most recent poll available from Gallup was conducted by early August, before the full effect of the Afghanistan withdrawal sank in.

silverscreenselect

#54 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:18 am

tlynn78 wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:00 pm
Try watching news from overseas. It's enlightening - for those capable of enlightenment.
I'm curious where this overseas "news" is, except on Russian state television which broadcasts clips of Tucker Carlson frequently. Of course, other countries have their own right-wing podcasts as well.

tlynn78

#55 Post by tlynn78 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:39 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:18 am
tlynn78 wrote:
Try watching news from overseas. It's enlightening - for those capable of enlightenment.
I'm curious where this overseas "news" is, except on Russian state television which broadcasts clips of Tucker Carlson frequently. Of course, other countries have their own right-wing podcasts as well.
Germany, GB, Australia to name a few. But by all means, continue to lie to yourself - you're certainly not fooling anyone else. Well, anyone with a functioning brain.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

tlynn78

#56 Post by tlynn78 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:48 am

Weyoun wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:37 am
tlynn78 wrote:
Weyoun wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:31 am

Great response. I bet you’ve been caught wearing an “I’d rather be Russian than a Democrat shirt.”

You'd lose that bet, but I imagine you're accustomed to that. I know the concept may be a bit abstract for you to grasp, but being embarrassed by our 'leadership' doesn't preclude one being disgusted by Putin's actions.
But why bring it up? We actually really weren’t talking about Biden. We were talking about how supposedly macho the Russian military is and how weak the American military is.

Spock in particular felt that Russia was exemplifying some very important values based on the militarism.

From what I can tell, their sense of the militarism is a bunch of conscripts, sloppy planning, and murdering civilians. I’ll pass on praising Russia, and note that Spock looks like an awful and foolish person for praising them.
Psst, look at the title of the thread. Our 'leadership' is a large part of things that are laughable about the US right now, although I find it very curious how 'we're not talking about Biden.." seems to be a pretty standard refrain from the left these days. Curious, but hardly surprising. I thought Bobbo was the thought police on the Bored. I didn't know he'd recruited you, as well. No one here has to explain to you their posts, musings, or anything else. It's not necessary for you to like or approve or agree with someone else's posts.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Weyoun

#57 Post by Weyoun » Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:09 am

tlynn78 wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:48 am
Weyoun wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:

Psst, look at the title of the thread. Our 'leadership' is a large part of things that are laughable about the US right now, although I find it very curious how 'we're not talking about Biden.." seems to be a pretty standard refrain from the left these days. Curious, but hardly surprising. I thought Bobbo was the thought police on the Bored. I didn't know he'd recruited you, as well. No one here has to explain to you their posts, musings, or anything else. It's not necessary for you to like or approve or agree with someone else's posts.
You’re a bit slower than normal - and that is saying something!

Spock’s post was about how the British security services are very woke, and Russia isn’t, and Russia is looking successful right now in part due to that.

Personally, I don’t think Biden is a great president. I view him as a guy who has compounded a lot of mistakes by Trump, including inflationary spending and not taking Covid seriously enough (we’ve taken a step back with vaccine progress).

Now, he is much better than Trump, despite his errors. Trump would have passively let Putin invade Ukraine without any kind of consequence.

So when you bring up the stuff about Biden, I don’t see your point. I agree, he’s not great. But we’re not talking about that. We’re talking about how Spock thinks Russia is super macho and how icky a thought that is.

tlynn78

#58 Post by tlynn78 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:32 am

Weyoun wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:09 am
tlynn78 wrote:
Weyoun wrote:

Spock’s post was about how the British security services are very woke, and Russia isn’t, and Russia is looking successful right now in part due to that.

Personally, I don’t think Biden is a great president. I view him as a guy who has compounded a lot of mistakes by Trump, including inflationary spending and not taking Covid seriously enough (we’ve taken a step back with vaccine progress).

Now, he is much better than Trump, despite his errors. Trump would have passively let Putin invade Ukraine without any kind of consequence.

So when you bring up the stuff about Biden, I don’t see your point. I agree, he’s not great. But we’re not talking about that. We’re talking about how Spock thinks Russia is super macho and how icky a thought that is.

LMAO! So Biden's failings are Trump's fault. Why am I not surprised. Putin had four years while Trump was president to invade, but he waited until Biden was in because... Trump? Bless your heart. Truly. "We're" talking about whatever the hell we want to talk about, your ability to follow along notwithstanding. Quick enough for you?

Weyoun

#59 Post by Weyoun » Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:49 am

tlynn78 wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:32 am
Weyoun wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:

LMAO! So Biden's failings are Trump's fault. Why am I not surprised. Putin had four years while Trump was president to invade, but he waited until Biden was in because... Trump? Bless your heart. Truly. "We're" talking about whatever the hell we want to talk about, your ability to follow along notwithstanding. Quick enough for you?
Any number of sane humans, simply making an observation: "Putin is ruthlessly murdering civilians."

Tlynn: "Yeah, well Biden is causing inflation."

BTW, what would you say Trump did to "prevent" Putin from invading? I am just curious. It wasn't like he was known for being tough on Russia, or supportive of NATO.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#60 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:51 am

Weyoun wrote:
I really don't think that government spending has contributed much to inflation. Note that inflation in Europe and in the U.K. is also quite high, and their governments haven't been spending the way ours has. There is a difference, but the difference can readily be attributed to the observable fact that America's economic recovery has been faster than Europe's. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

tlynn78

#61 Post by tlynn78 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:59 am

Weyoun wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:49 am
tlynn78 wrote:
Weyoun wrote:

Any number of sane humans, simply making an observation: "Putin is ruthlessly murdering civilians."

BTW, what would you say Trump did to "prevent" Putin from invading? I am just curious. It wasn't like he was known for being tough on Russia, or supportive of NATO.
Imaginary conversation isn't really my thing, but I have noticed several of your Bored buds tend to fabricate all manner of scenarios to bolster their arguments, so you've at least got company in your delusions. I didn't say Trump 'prevented' Putin from invading - you said, " Trump would have passively let Putin invade Ukraine without any kind of consequence." (an actual quote from you, not fabricated in my mind - see how that works?) I simply wondered why, if that's the case, he waited until Trump wasn't in office any more to do it.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#62 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:46 am

tlynn78 wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:59 am
Weyoun wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:49 am
tlynn78 wrote:

Imaginary conversation isn't really my thing, but I have noticed several of your Bored buds tend to fabricate all manner of scenarios to bolster their arguments, so you've at least got company in your delusions. I didn't say Trump 'prevented' Putin from invading - you said, " Trump would have passively let Putin invade Ukraine without any kind of consequence." (an actual quote from you, not fabricated in my mind - see how that works?) I simply wondered why, if that's the case, he waited until Trump wasn't in office any more to do it.
He was waiting for Donny to pull us out of NATO, which Donny would have done had he been reelected. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#63 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:57 am

tlynn78 wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:39 am
tlynn78 wrote:
Germany, GB, Australia to name a few. But by all means, continue to lie to yourself - you're certainly not fooling anyone else. Well, anyone with a functioning brain.
Approval of American leadership has recorded double-digit gains in Germany over the last year.

Got any other "facts" you'd like to make up? --Bob

tlynn78

#64 Post by tlynn78 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:05 am

Bob78164 wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:57 am
tlynn78 wrote:
Approval of American leadership has recorded double-digit gains in Germany over the last year.

I didn't make up any facts, Bobbo - I'm referring to the several news reports I've seen from overseas with the anchors mocking Biden's actions, words, etc. You should recognize that, as you're so good at fabricating 'facts' yourself.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#65 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:12 am

tlynn78 wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:05 am
Bob78164 wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:

I didn't make up any facts, Bobbo - I'm referring to the several news reports I've seen from overseas with the anchors mocking Biden's actions, words, etc. You should recognize that, as you're so good at fabricating 'facts' yourself.
Gallup via Axios poll. Bwahaha. Facts. Snort
Well, then

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#66 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:15 am

tlynn78 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:

So your evidence that those countries consider President Biden a laughingstock is that some (unidentified) "anchors" mock him on the air?

You can find people right here in America that will say with a straight face that Donny won the 2020 election. That doesn't make it true. --Bob

BackInTex

#67 Post by BackInTex » Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:48 am

Bob78164 wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:15 am
tlynn78 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:

So your evidence that those countries consider President Biden a laughingstock is that some (unidentified) "anchors" mock him on the air?

You can find people right here in America that will say with a straight face that Donny won the 2020 election. That doesn't make it true. --Bob
And you'll find folk right there in your city, and many others, that will say the Dodger won the 2017 World Series.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#68 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:56 am

BackInTex wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:48 am
Bob78164 wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:15 am
tlynn78 wrote:

And you'll find folk right there in your city, and many others, that will say the Dodger won the 2017 World Series.
So you're supporting my point. Thanks.

By the way, as a Mets fan I'm not particularly invested in the issue, but I really haven't heard anyone say the Dodgers actually won the series. Plenty of sentiment for stripping the Astros of the title, but I can't recall any serious suggestion that the Dodgers be declared the winners. --Bob

silverscreenselect

#69 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:04 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:
It seems the criticism of Biden in Australia originates from Sky News Australia. From Wikipedia:
Sky News Australia is a right-wing[Australian 24-hour cable and satellite news channel available on the Foxtel, Optus Television, and Flash News subscription platforms and on free-to-air television in regional and non-metropolitan areas throughout Australia. Since its takeover by the Murdoch family in 2016, and the subsequent sale of Murdoch's remaining shares in Sky Britain to Comcast, Sky News Australia has no relation to the British Sky News.
By the way, ratings for Sky News Australia are considerably less than for other Australian news channels, and Alan Jones, the host responsible for most of the anti-Biden rhetoric was fired by them a few months ago and is trying to start his own streaming service (that sounds familiar).

So you've got a poorly rated, Murdoch-owned, right-wing news channel in Australia and a host who's since been fired by the channel who are saying nasty things about Biden.

tlynn78

#70 Post by tlynn78 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:09 pm

Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:04 pm
tlynn78 wrote:

It seems the criticism of Biden in Australia originates from Sky News Australia. From Wikipedia:
Sky News Australia is a right-wing[Australian 24-hour cable and satellite news channel available on the Foxtel, Optus Television, and Flash News subscription platforms and on free-to-air television in regional and non-metropolitan areas throughout Australia. Since its takeover by the Murdoch family in 2016, and the subsequent sale of Murdoch's remaining shares in Sky Britain to Comcast, Sky News Australia has no relation to the British Sky News.
By the way, ratings for Sky News Australia are considerably less than for other Australian news channels, and Alan Jones, the host responsible for most of the anti-Biden rhetoric was fired by them a few months ago and is trying to start his own streaming service (that sounds familiar).

So you've got a poorly rated, Murdoch-owned, right-wing news channel in Australia and a host who's since been fired by the channel who are saying nasty things about Biden.
I already told you, go ahead and self-soothe all you want.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#71 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:26 pm

Self soothe. That just makes me smile.
Well, then

Bob Juch

#72 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:22 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:26 pm
Do you use your right or your left hand?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#73 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:26 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:22 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:26 pm
Do you use your right or your left hand?
Hands free dude.
Well, then

Estonut
Evil Genius

#74 Post by Estonut » Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:14 pm

Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:03 am
Are you standing behind him? That's creepy!
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

flockofseagulls104

#75 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:52 am

Estonut wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:14 pm
Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:03 am
Are you standing behind him? That's creepy!
Wow, that's what the stalker is trolling me with? That is even below BJ standards.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton