My Gawd, The West is Laughable

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
silverscreenselect

Re: My Gawd, The West is Laughable

#26 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:12 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:49 am
Not as spiffy as one of USA Today's Women of the Year
(very fitting of this thread)
Here's some food for thought:
Business Insider 7/26/17 wrote:In a country where a TV station once said it'd buy its gay citizens "a one-way ticket overseas," Russian media followed Trump's tweets about banning transgender people from serving in the US military closely. In a country where a TV station once said it'd buy its gay citizens "a one-way ticket overseas," Russian media followed Trump's tweets about banning transgender people from serving in the US military closely.

While Russian state-owned media's strategy has been to consistently ignore coverage of LGBT rights in its own country (most Kremlin-backed papers reiterated the government's denial of uncovered "death camps" for gay men in Chechnya) it it has not shied away from covering Trump's tweets this week. "Trump announced that he made such a decision after consulting generals and other military experts," wrote state-owned paper RIA Novosti. As only 16% of Russians feel that LGBT people should be accepted by society, many state-owned and independent newspapers published lengthy think-pieces on why Trump's decision was correct.

Daily tabloid paper Moskovskij Komsomolets even went so far as interviewing "sexual pathologist" Nikolay Poderin to explain why transgender people will cost the US military "a pretty penny." "For many transgender people, [sex reassignment surgery] is the primary goal in life while everything else, including military service, is a secondary plan," Poderin told MK.
https://www.businessinsider.com/russian ... ban-2017-7

So let's see. The U.S. military recruits and promotes people according to merit to ensure that the best trained and qualified individual is in each position. The Russian military excludes and mocks gays and transgenders in favor of guys who pass the Spock macho eye candy recruitment video test.

How's that working out for them in Ukraine?

A large part of their problem is that they aren't operating their equipment as it should be. They don't have the proper intelligence of what the Ukrainians are doing, while the Ukrainians (undoubtedly with US help) have a great idea where their troops and vehicles are going.

If you want an armed forces that operates at peak efficiency as opposed to one that looks good in training videos and satisfies some people's ideas of the proper places of transgenders in society, I would suggest following the American model rather than the Russian model. Of course it took us a long time to realize that. It wasn't until after World War II that blacks were allowed to do anything other than mess hall duty and it's taken additional decades to get women into all branches and specialties. But we're miles ahead of the Russians. And you can see the results of their policy in Ukraine.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Weyoun

#27 Post by Weyoun » Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:53 pm

Not surprised to see Spock rooting for fascist Putin over “woke” America

flockofseagulls104

#28 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:58 pm

Weyoun wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:53 pm
Not surprised to see Spock rooting for fascist Putin over “woke” America
Yup, Putin is a genius for taking advantage of our weaknesses and using them against us. Doesn't mean he's being praised. But you wouldn't understand that, would you?
When ya gonna answer my questions, doc?
Last edited by flockofseagulls104 on Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

BackInTex

#29 Post by BackInTex » Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:59 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:12 pm
BackInTex wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:49 am
Not as spiffy as one of USA Today's Women of the Year
(very fitting of this thread)
Here's some food for thought:
Business Insider 7/26/17 wrote:In a country where a TV station once said it'd buy its gay citizens "a one-way ticket overseas," Russian media followed Trump's tweets about banning transgender people from serving in the US military closely. In a country where a TV station once said it'd buy its gay citizens "a one-way ticket overseas," Russian media followed Trump's tweets about banning transgender people from serving in the US military closely.

While Russian state-owned media's strategy has been to consistently ignore coverage of LGBT rights in its own country (most Kremlin-backed papers reiterated the government's denial of uncovered "death camps" for gay men in Chechnya) it it has not shied away from covering Trump's tweets this week. "Trump announced that he made such a decision after consulting generals and other military experts," wrote state-owned paper RIA Novosti. As only 16% of Russians feel that LGBT people should be accepted by society, many state-owned and independent newspapers published lengthy think-pieces on why Trump's decision was correct.

Daily tabloid paper Moskovskij Komsomolets even went so far as interviewing "sexual pathologist" Nikolay Poderin to explain why transgender people will cost the US military "a pretty penny." "For many transgender people, [sex reassignment surgery] is the primary goal in life while everything else, including military service, is a secondary plan," Poderin told MK.
https://www.businessinsider.com/russian ... ban-2017-7

So let's see. The U.S. military recruits and promotes people according to merit to ensure that the best trained and qualified individual is in each position. The Russian military excludes and mocks gays and transgenders in favor of guys who pass the Spock macho eye candy recruitment video test.

How's that working out for them in Ukraine?

A large part of their problem is that they aren't operating their equipment as it should be. They don't have the proper intelligence of what the Ukrainians are doing, while the Ukrainians (undoubtedly with US help) have a great idea where their troops and vehicles are going.

If you want an armed forces that operates at peak efficiency as opposed to one that looks good in training videos and satisfies some people's ideas of the proper places of transgenders in society, I would suggest following the American model rather than the Russian model. Of course it took us a long time to realize that. It wasn't until after World War II that blacks were allowed to do anything other than mess hall duty and it's taken additional decades to get women into all branches and specialties. But we're miles ahead of the Russians. And you can see the results of their policy in Ukraine.
thanks for being such a good Exhibit I for the thread.

You bring up Russia’s lack of complete dominance because…. they don’t have transgenders in their military and The Ukraine does? Is that your point? If so, please provide evidence The Ukraine has been recruiting transgenders. If not, your post makes as much sense as having a transgender person in a scientific leadership position.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#30 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:38 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:58 pm
Yup, Putin is a genius for taking advantage of our weaknesses and using them against us.
How's that working out for him in Ukraine?

silverscreenselect

#31 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:06 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:59 pm
thanks for being such a good Exhibit I for the thread.

You bring up Russia’s lack of complete dominance because…. they don’t have transgenders in their military and The Ukraine does? Is that your point? If so, please provide evidence The Ukraine has been recruiting transgenders. If not, your post makes as much sense as having a transgender person in a scientific leadership position.
To be honest, I wasn't trying to compare the Russian military to the Ukrainian military in terms of recruitment of gays and transgenders because I didn't know what the Ukrainian policy was. I did point out that Russia is excluding a sizable number of potentially good soldiers because of their prejudices and stereotypes. 21st century warfare is a high tech venture and countries that have high-end weapons systems and support and intelligence capabilities (like Russia and the US) need the best people for job. Excluding substantial segments of the population because of anti-gay and anti-trans hysteria defeats that purpose.

You also seem to believe that there is something inherently wrong with having a transgender person in a "scientific leadership position." If Admiral Levine is the best person for the job, then I don't see what the problem is. On the other hand, if Admiral Levine had been held back or discharged because of being transgender, then we would have a less qualified person in that position simply because of unfounded anti-trans hysteria.

But I did look up gays and trans in the military in Ukraine, and the answers were not surprising. First, there is a substantial anti-gay/anti-trans sentiment in Ukraine. Second, after the 2014 conflict with Russia revealed how badly prepared the Ukrainian military was, they took major steps to upgrade their recruiting. This involved welcoming gays and trans individuals in along with everyone else who was willing and qualified. Third, the military is changing a lot of people's minds about the status of gays. And that was before the current fighting. I'm sure that when word gets out about exactly who did what during this war, you'll find that the trans soldiers were fighting right alongside the cis soldiers.

From a 2017 article:
NBC News 10/28/17 wrote:The Ukrainian military is not known to be particularly welcoming to LGBTQ people, but it needed bodies in early 2014 to confront Russian forces that had entered Ukrainian territory on their way to annexing Crimea. That Ukraine was woefully unprepared for battle was obvious in several ways: outdated equipment; approximately 130,000 poorly trained troops (compared with 845,000 experienced Russian soldiers); an organizational structure widely accused of corruption; and the brutal hazing of new recruits and volunteers.

Many of those military newcomers have been gay and transgender soldiers who ignored prejudice and harassment to defend their country against invasion. The Ukrainian military’s poor reputation started to turn with the rise in volunteer battalions, which flooded the front line — and included nontraditional troops, like openly LGBTQ people and women — and fought alongside Ukrainian soldiers against the Russian intervention. While broader Ukrainian society has its share of overt homophobic threats — like members of the ultranationalist Right Sector group threatening that this year's March for Equality, an LGBTQ event in Kiev, would end in a "bloodbath" — [one gay Ukrainian soldier] said threats like these do not exist in the army.

“The most horrible thing that can happen is a light joke that comes from elderly Soviet people,” he said, recalling experiences of the openly gay soldiers that he knows and his own personal encounter delivering supplies to the front line. “On the street during the [Euromaidan] Revolution everyone was the same,” he said, referring to the uprisings in February 2014 that led to the ouster of Viktor Yanukovych as president. “Old, young, gay, straight, whatever. All social borders were broken.”
https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out ... ts-n822291

From a 2021 article:
LGBTQ troops and vets go to war with homophobia in Ukraine

The silence inside a makeshift cinema in the heart of Kyiv was shattered with the crash of a windowpane. Fireworks flashed. Homophobic attackers were attempting to besiege the screening of a film about the lives of LGBTQ people. The assailants threw tear gas and pyrotechnics. A member of the audience jumped up onto the windowsill and began throwing the projectiles back onto the street — shocking the men outside, who quickly ran away.

That man was Viktor Pylypenko, a former member of the Ukrainian army's anti-terror detail in Donbass and the founder of a federation for equal rights for LGBTQ communities. Now a trim 34-year-old sporting a hoodie and earrings like a proper big-city hipster, Pylypenko was a volunteer in the Donbass Battalion during intense fighting against separatists in eastern Ukraine from 2014 to 2016. On the front, comrades called him the "Frenchman," on account of his work as a trained translator of English and French. In the summer of 2018, Pylypenko became the first Ukrainian soldier to publicly declare his homosexuality. "It was scary of course, like stepping into the unknown," he said. Pylypenko had kept the fact that he liked men to himself, not telling the soldiers with whom he shared the trenches.

After coming out, Pylypenko felt empowered to approach dozens of gay, lesbian and transgender active-duty soldiers and veterans. In 2019, about 30 of them formed an advocacy group for LGBTQ service people and participated in Kyiv's March for Equality for the first time. Today, the group has more than 100 members — and it's growing. "In some units, they may talk about LGBTQ rights in the military on their smoke break," Pylypenko said. "Afterwards, somebody will Google our group and get in touch." Pylypenko said the ways in which comrades might react to a soldier's coming out depend a lot on the unit and its commander. When he came out, he said, he was subjected to verbal abuse on social media. Most of his colleagues, however, voiced support: "especially those with whom I fought against the enemy, with those I saved the wounded with."

The most powerful weapon LGTBQ soldiers have in their arsenal is public relations. Like other advocacy groups, they are fighting for civil partnerships, the same-sex marriage alternative found in many countries but still illegal in Ukraine. Advocates for LGBTQ communities say the soldiers' work has begun to shift views in society. Ukrainians see the military and veterans as defenders of their homeland, and the army enjoys more public trust than any other institution in the country.

"One of our aims is to expose the lies of Russian propaganda myths that claim Ukraine is being ruled by a 'neo-Nazi junta,'" Pylypenko said. "How could there be talk of neo-Nazis in an army that has gay-friendly units, and in which gay and lesbian active-duty and veteran service members can come out without fear?" "Why should we look to Russia?" Pylypenko said. "We were part of that empire. Why should we have to listen to them trash the Ukrainian military and the LGBTQ community? We must look to the free world, to Europe. We must aspire to democratic values."

https://www.dw.com/en/lgbtq-troops-and- ... a-58059054

Estonut
Evil Genius

#32 Post by Estonut » Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:24 am

...I would suggest following the American model rather than the Russian model. Of course it took us a long time to realize that. It wasn't until after World War II that blacks were allowed to do anything other than mess hall duty ...
You're only off by a hundred years, you ignorant fuck.

The Proud Legacy of the Buffalo Soldiers

You're supposed to be a movie buff. Were you too racist to ever see "Glory," either?
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

silverscreenselect

#33 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Mar 17, 2022 7:46 am

Estonut wrote:
Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:24 am
...I would suggest following the American model rather than the Russian model. Of course it took us a long time to realize that. It wasn't until after World War II that blacks were allowed to do anything other than mess hall duty ...

You're supposed to be a movie buff. Were you too racist to ever see "Glory," either?
I am aware of the Buffalo Soldiers and units like the Tuskegee Airmen who fought in World War II. But these units were few and far between and usually required extensive jumping through bureaucratic hoops to establish. The official policy of the military during World War II was that segregated units were better for morale and cohesion, and all-Black support units invariably served under white officers. Truman officially ended that policy by an executive order after the war, although it took years to fully implement. There's no question that we didn't use black soldiers as efficiently and effectively as we could have in World War II thanks to the racial policies in place at the time.

BackInTex

#34 Post by BackInTex » Thu Mar 17, 2022 7:47 am

Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:06 pm

You also seem to believe that there is something inherently wrong with having a transgender person in a "scientific leadership position." If Admiral Levine is the best person for the job, then I don't see what the problem is.
I'd see something inherently wrong with a 5 time divorcee being a marriage counselor. Some things are just disqualifying regardless of one's other credentials. I wouldn't put a flat-earther in charge at NASA, either.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#35 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Mar 17, 2022 8:14 am

BackInTex wrote:
Thu Mar 17, 2022 7:47 am
Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:06 pm

You also seem to believe that there is something inherently wrong with having a transgender person in a "scientific leadership position." If Admiral Levine is the best person for the job, then I don't see what the problem is.
I'd see something inherently wrong with a 5 time divorcee being a marriage counselor. Some things are just disqualifying regardless of one's other credentials. I wouldn't put a flat-earther in charge at NASA, either.
Here's a link to a Wikipedia page with 39 biographies of transgender scientists. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category: ... scientists

It's a good thing that their superiors didn't share your views about what is "just disqualifying regardless of one's other credentials." They include Dr. Alan Hart, whose research into tuberculosis led to his holding supervisory positions in both Idaho and Connecticut, limiting the spread of the disease in those two states. Also Ben Barnes, a member of the National Academy of Sciences and a leading neurological researcher. Ironically, Barnes found that his work was more widely accepted after he transitioned to female than when he published similar findings as a woman.

Estonut
Evil Genius

#36 Post by Estonut » Thu Mar 17, 2022 8:20 am

Thu Mar 17, 2022 7:46 am
Estonut wrote:
Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:24 am

I am aware of the Buffalo Soldiers and units like the Tuskegee Airmen who fought in World War II. But these units were few and far between and usually required extensive jumping through bureaucratic hoops to establish. The official policy of the military during World War II was that segregated units were better for morale and cohesion, and all-Black support units invariably served under white officers. Truman officially ended that policy by an executive order after the war, although it took years to fully implement. There's no question that we didn't use black soldiers as efficiently and effectively as we could have in World War II thanks to the racial policies in place at the time.
You can't admit you're wrong, can you?

This'll really burn your racist britches:
https://www.army.mil/blackamericans/timeline.html

They've been fighting since the revolution.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

silverscreenselect

#37 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:08 am

Estonut wrote:
Thu Mar 17, 2022 8:20 am
My statement was never intended as an absolute. Just like my statement about "mess hall duty" wasn't an indication that blacks didn't serve in a lot of other non-combat support positions. It was intended to show that blacks (and also women) were not fully integrated into the military until relatively recent years. And that deprived our country of a lot of talent. And those who did wind up doing the fighting often had to fight just as hard against the military bureaucracy and prejudice just to have an opportunity to fight the enemy.

Appa23

#38 Post by Appa23 » Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:17 am

Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:08 am
Estonut wrote:
Thu Mar 17, 2022 8:20 am
My statement was never intended as an absolute. Just like my statement about "mess hall duty" wasn't an indication that blacks didn't serve in a lot of other non-combat support positions.
Regardless of your intent, you did state it as an absolute that Blacks did not serve in any role other than "mess hall duty".

Be an adult, own the mistaken statement, and everybody can move on.

Bob Juch

#39 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:21 am

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

silverscreenselect

#40 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Mar 19, 2022 11:18 pm

Spock wrote:
Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:56 am
This video comparing US and Russian military recruitment has been floating around for awhile, but it struck me that many here in the bubble that SSS and the Bobs live in may not have seen it.

Posted without comment as none is needed.

https://twitter.com/MattWalshBlog/statu ... 0538131468
According to Dartmouth political scientist Jason Lyall, whose recent book Divided Armies examines the role of morale on battlefield performance, you can see its effects in dispatches from the Ukrainian front. “Russian morale was incredibly low BEFORE the war broke out. Brutal hazing in the military, second-class (or worse) status by its conscript soldiers, ethnic divisions, corruption, you name it: the Russian Army was not prepared to fight this war,” he explains via email. “High rates of abandoned or captured equipment, reports of sabotaged equipment, and large numbers of soldiers deserting (or simply camping out in the forest) are all products of low morale.”
https://www.vox.com/2022/3/18/22977801/ ... week-three

But they sure do look good in those recruitment videos.

silverscreenselect

#41 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Mar 22, 2022 7:19 am

Spock is big on these comparison pictures, so here's one that should give him a thrill:

Weyoun

#42 Post by Weyoun » Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:07 am

What a cringe post by Spock.

While the West may be “laughable,” at least they are not objectively incompetent, resulting to murdering civilians because they cannot achieve any strategic military goals.

Are you able to delete this whole thread, Spock? Because this makes you an embarrassment.

tlynn78

#43 Post by tlynn78 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:14 am

Weyoun wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:07 am

While the West may be “laughable,” at least they are not objectively incompetent, resulting to murdering civilians because they cannot achieve any strategic military goals.

Are you able to delete this whole thread, Spock? Because this makes you an embarrassment.
Not objectively incompetent? Have you heard any of the speeches from our president or vice lately?
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Weyoun

#44 Post by Weyoun » Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:31 am

tlynn78 wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:14 am
Weyoun wrote:

Not objectively incompetent? Have you heard any of the speeches from our president or vice lately?
Great response. I bet you’ve been caught wearing an “I’d rather be Russian than a Democrat shirt.”

tlynn78

#45 Post by tlynn78 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:58 am

Weyoun wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:31 am
tlynn78 wrote:
Weyoun wrote:

Great response. I bet you’ve been caught wearing an “I’d rather be Russian than a Democrat shirt.”

You'd lose that bet, but I imagine you're accustomed to that. I know the concept may be a bit abstract for you to grasp, but being embarrassed by our 'leadership' doesn't preclude one being disgusted by Putin's actions.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

flockofseagulls104

#46 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:14 am

Weyoun wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:
Weyoun wrote:

doc weyoun is proof that education and wisdom are two separate things. He has a lot of nerve calling anyone else an embarrassment.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Bob Juch

#47 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:37 am

tlynn78 wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:58 am
Weyoun wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:

Great response. I bet you've been caught wearing an "I'd rather be Russian than a Democrat shirt."

You'd lose that bet, but I imagine you're accustomed to that. I know the concept may be a bit abstract for you to grasp, but being embarrassed by our 'leadership' doesn't preclude one being disgusted by Putin's actions.
Weren't you embarrassed by TFG? The whole world except Russia and North Korea laughed at him!
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

BackInTex

#48 Post by BackInTex » Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:43 am

Bob Juch wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:37 am
tlynn78 wrote:
Weyoun wrote:

Great response. I bet you've been caught wearing an "I'd rather be Russian than a Democrat shirt."

Weren't you embarrassed by President Trump? The whole world except Russia and North Korea laughed at him!
No they didn't, but they are laughing at the current guy.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#49 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:48 am

BackInTex wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:43 am
Bob Juch wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:
Weren't you embarrassed by President Trump? The whole world except Russia and North Korea laughed at him!
You mean the world that is, again, following American leadership in uniting behind a common response to Russia's aggression? The world that, again, trusts America's values and its fidelity to the truth and to its allies?

I'm sorry, BiT, but if you actually believe what you wrote, then you're living in a parallel universe that's disconnected from reality. And if you don't believe what you wrote, then it's beneath you. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

tlynn78

#50 Post by tlynn78 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:00 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:48 am
BackInTex wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:43 am
Bob Juch wrote:
You mean the world that is, again, following American leadership in uniting behind a common response to Russia's aggression? The world that, again, trusts America's values and its fidelity to the truth and to its allies?

I'm sorry, BiT, but if you actually believe what you wrote, then you're living in a parallel universe that's disconnected from reality. And if you don't believe what you wrote, then it's beneath you. --Bob
LOL - yes, Bob, I often think, of the two of you, BiT's the one with a tenuous grasp of reality. Try watching news from overseas. It's enlightening - for those capable of enlightenment.