My Gawd, The West is Laughable

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Spock

My Gawd, The West is Laughable

#1 Post by Spock » Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:39 pm

Glad to see the Brits are fully serious in this crisis. My Gawd, we are laughable.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... trong.html

>>>"Security chief tells our spies to go woke: With a full Ukraine invasion imminent in Europe's worst crisis since WW2, MI5 and MI6 officers are being told to think about their 'white privilege'... and avoid using words such as 'grip' and 'strong'"<<<<

>>>"UK's spies are being urged to consider 'white privilege' and declare pronouns"<<<<

This just happened to be the Brits. We are doing the same crap here.

Spock

Re: My Gawd, The West is Laughable

#2 Post by Spock » Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:56 am

This video comparing US and Russian military recruitment has been floating around for awhile, but it struck me that many here in the bubble that SSS and the Bobs live in may not have seen it.

Posted without comment as none is needed.

https://twitter.com/MattWalshBlog/statu ... 0538131468

silverscreenselect

#3 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:08 am

Spock wrote:
Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:56 am
This video comparing US and Russian military recruitment has been floating around for awhile, but it struck me that many here in the bubble that SSS and the Bobs live in may not have seen it.

Perhaps Spock can fill us in on how many wars have been won with nifty recruiting commercials.

From what I've read, about 75% of Russia's standing armed forces are now in and around Ukraine. They aren't all the equivalent of the NAVY Seals. By the way, about 1/3 of the Russian army are conscripts, not volunteers as we have in the U.S. So Putin's ads don't quite fill the bill as far as staffing the army. And that includes a substantial number of those fighting in Ukraine. It remains to be seen how well morale stands up if they have to endure weeks or months of irregular warfare with actual bullets flying.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Spock

#4 Post by Spock » Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:35 am

Then we have delusional john Kerry babbling yesterday about the carbon footprint of the invasion and how he hopes that Putin will still help us against climate change. Yeah, I am sure he will be right on that.

https://twitter.com/AndrewCFollett/stat ... wsrc%5Etfw

Spock

#5 Post by Spock » Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:45 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:08 am
Spock wrote:

Perhaps Spock can fill us in on how many wars have been won with nifty recruiting commercials.

From what I've read, about 75% of Russia's standing armed forces are now in and around Ukraine. They aren't all the equivalent of the NAVY Seals. By the way, about 1/3 of the Russian army are conscripts, not volunteers as we have in the U.S. So Putin's ads don't quite fill the bill as far as staffing the army. And that includes a substantial number of those fighting in Ukraine. It remains to be seen how well morale stands up if they have to endure weeks or months of irregular warfare with actual bullets flying.
Do you think armed civilians (ie irregulars) might defeat the Russians?

silverscreenselect

#6 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:54 am

Spock wrote:
Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:45 am
Not in any sort of organized battle, but it remains to be seen how well morale will hold up if this is a prolonged occupation.

And you seem to imply that the invading army consists of 200,000 men like those shown in that ad. It's not.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#7 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:10 pm

Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:54 am
Spock wrote:
Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:45 am
Not in any sort of organized battle, but it remains to be seen how well morale will hold up if this is a prolonged occupation.

And you seem to imply that the invading army consists of 200,000 men like those shown in that ad. It's not.
Emphasizing that point, Ukraine reports that a number of Russian soldiers (a battalion, if memory serves) surrendered to Ukrainian forces. It seems they hadn't known they were sent to Ukraine to kill Ukrainians.

That's the real difference between American armed forces and Russian armed forces. Individual American soldiers and units are trained to make independent decisions when necessary. Russian armed forces rely very heavily on centralized command and control. That means we need soldiers (such as the target audience for that ad) who know how to think.

Any bets on how long it takes Spock (like Tucker Carlson) to pivot? --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#8 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:28 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:10 pm
Emphasizing that point, Ukraine reports that a number of Russian soldiers (a battalion, if memory serves) surrendered to Ukrainian forces. It seems they hadn't known they were sent to Ukraine to kill Ukrainians.
I will say that reports of numbers of casualties and equipment losses from either side must be taken with a grain of salt at this point. But I've heard from a lot of places that the Ukrainians are putting up more resistance than the Russians and some Western analysts had thought. They handed out over 10,000 AK-47s in Kiev yesterday to any man who wanted one. If they get into street fighting in Kiev, we'll see just how much stomach the Russians have for that sort of combat.

Zelensky has really proved himself a hero and a leader, which is highly surprising considering that he was a comic who played a politician on TV. Contrast what he's done to what the President of Afghanistan did, hightailing it out of there at the earliest opportunity. Add to that over 1700 people in Russia arrested for protesting. I'll say flat out that Putin isn't going to have a change of heart. But those around him may, and they're only one bullet away from solving a lot of their problems.

wbtravis007

#9 Post by wbtravis007 » Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:40 pm

Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:28 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:10 pm
I will say that reports of numbers of casualties and equipment losses from either side must be taken with a grain of salt at this point. But I've heard from a lot of places that the Ukrainians are putting up more resistance than the Russians and some Western analysts had thought. They handed out over 10,000 AK-47s in Kiev yesterday to any man who wanted one. If they get into street fighting in Kiev, we'll see just how much stomach the Russians have for that sort of combat.

Zelensky has really proved himself a hero and a leader, which is highly surprising considering that he was a comic who played a politician on TV. Contrast what he's done to what the President of Afghanistan did, hightailing it out of there at the earliest opportunity. Add to that over 1700 people in Russia arrested for protesting. I'll say flat out that Putin isn't going to have a change of heart. But those around him may, and they're only one bullet away from solving a lot of their problems.
I wouldn't be shocked if someone were to take him out. It really seems like he is truly unhinged, and totally miscalculated here.

silverscreenselect

#10 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:50 pm

Spock:

How are those "Vladimir Putin Wants You" homoerotic fantasy recruitment ads doing right now?

silverscreenselect

#11 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun Feb 27, 2022 12:23 am

Spock wrote:

Here's a picture of some captured Russian soldiers. They sure don't look like the guys in the recruitment ad. By the way, American marketers are smart enough to know that an American equivalent of that Russian ad would be a complete laughingstock from the first moment it aired.

silverscreenselect

#12 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:39 am

We're seeing a lot of video of destroyed and abandoned Russian vehicles. It's understandable that an advancing army would lose some vehicles, but fully operational vehicles that were abandoned suggests that the crack Russian combat force Spock and Matt Walsh are so in love with isn't so crack after all.

Bob Juch

#13 Post by Bob Juch » Sun Feb 27, 2022 1:29 pm

Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:39 am
We're seeing a lot of video of destroyed and abandoned Russian vehicles. It's understandable that an advancing army would lose some vehicles, but fully operational vehicles that were abandoned suggests that the crack Russian combat force Spock and Matt Walsh are so in love with isn't so crack after all.
Russia forgot the lessons of WW2. They're repeating the same mistakes Germany made.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

jarnon

#14 Post by jarnon » Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:14 am

Germany to increase defence spending in response to 'Putin's war' - Scholz

What Trump couldn't accomplish through bullying, and Biden with traditional diplomacy, has happened. NATO is more united than ever.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

BackInTex

#15 Post by BackInTex » Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:29 am

jarnon wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:14 am

What Trump couldn't accomplish through bullying, and Biden with traditional diplomacy, has happened. NATO is more united than ever.
Fear is a highly motivating thing.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

silverscreenselect

#16 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:11 am

jarnon wrote:

I think that Biden had a lot to do with the NATO solidarity that's being shown. Remember a month ago when the German chancellor hemmed and hawed about whether sanctions would include Nord Stream and Biden said flat out they would. But the Ukrainian success on the battlefield has had a lot to do with increasingly ramping up the sanctions.

jarnon

#17 Post by jarnon » Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:27 am

Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:11 am
jarnon wrote:

I think that Biden had a lot to do with the NATO solidarity that's being shown. Remember a month ago when the German chancellor hemmed and hawed about whether sanctions would include Nord Stream and Biden said flat out they would. But the Ukrainian success on the battlefield has had a lot to do with increasingly ramping up the sanctions.
Yes, Trump and Biden have different goals with regard to NATO. For Trump the businessman, it was always about paying your fair share. Biden is more concerned with unity in imposing sanctions. Now, thanks to Rash Putin, we have both.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

silverscreenselect

#18 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:40 am

Spock wrote:
Spock:

Your buddy Matt Walsh has been taking a lot of flack since he posted this all the way back on Feb. 24. His new theory is that information about the war is like disinformation being spread in the early days of COVID. (You remember COVID. It's the hoax that people like Walsh and Flock dismissed that has killed over 900,000 Americans in two years.) He also blames liberals and RINOs like Adam Kinzinger for recklessly sounding the alarm and now noting that Putin has been exposed as a paper tiger. According to Walsh, if he's a paper tiger, we were wrong to be concerned about him. Walsh also sidesteps the issue of his admiration for Putin's recruitment video by saying that "they" were never his troops. Which of course begs the question, if Putin's recruits perform so poorly, then perhaps our methods of staffing our Armed Forces shouldn't be sneered at.
Matt Walsh wrote:I don’t like being lied to. It’s that simple. That’s why I’m annoyed by the incredible volume of bullshit and propaganda being spread about the Ukraine conflict. Some people don’t mind being deceived, or even like it, so they get mad at those of us who simply ask for the truth. This is the early days of covid all over again. People are hysterical. Media feeding the panic. Lots of blatantly false information being spread around. You are expected to believe everything you hear. People who question the narrative are shouted down and shamed. I do know how modern warfare works which is exactly why I find it hard to believe that the Russians lost 3500 troops in three days.
For the record, I've acknowledged that reports of Russian casualties can't be taken as gospel. But there's far too much documentary evidence of destroyed and damaged vehicles to dismiss this as Ukrainian or Western propaganda (interesting that Walsh doesn't condemn Russian propaganda efforts, i.e. "de-Nazification").
News organizations do have modern forensic tools at their disposal to tell the difference between real and fake video of the conflict and they are using it.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/fact-chec ... -1.6365682

silverscreenselect

#19 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:23 pm

I got some updated comparison photos for Spock:

themanintheseersuckersuit

#20 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:34 pm

Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.

silverscreenselect

#21 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:38 pm

These T-shirts are selling at real bargain prices right now. I"m sure Flock wants to pick up a few.

jarnon

#22 Post by jarnon » Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:16 am

Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

silverscreenselect

#23 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:01 pm

Spock wrote:

Just thought I would bring up another one of Spock's golden oldies that hasn't aged very well.

I will say that I've seen a number of photos of dead Russian officers in their obituary notices posted on Twitter. They do look very spiffy in their dress uniforms.

BackInTex

#24 Post by BackInTex » Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:49 am

Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:01 pm
Spock wrote:

Just thought I would bring up another one of Spock's golden oldies that hasn't aged very well.

I will say that I've seen a number of photos of dead Russian officers in their obituary notices posted on Twitter. They do look very spiffy in their dress uniforms.
Not as spiffy as one of USA Today's Women of the Year
(very fitting of this thread)
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

tlynn78

#25 Post by tlynn78 » Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:06 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:49 am
Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:01 pm
Spock wrote:

Not as spiffy as one of USA Today's Women of the Year
(very fitting of this thread)
Very fitting, indeed.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire