My Gawd, The West is Laughable

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Weyoun

Re: My Gawd, The West is Laughable

#101 Post by Weyoun » Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:23 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:19 pm
Weyoun wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:00 pm
BackInTex wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:03 pm

So he was a man, then a woman, now back to a man, but it's his wife who is crazy. I can see where that might be the case.
Well I don’t know him… her…. him.
Weyoun, I'm actually curious about your take on the wife. How was she crazy and would anyone contact you about that?
Hard to pin down. A cold, mercenary quality on one end, with a strangely fluid quality on the other hand.

And I would not talk to the media about this.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#102 Post by Beebs52 » Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:33 pm

Weyoun wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:23 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:19 pm
Weyoun wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:00 pm

Well I don’t know him… her…. him.
Weyoun, I'm actually curious about your take on the wife. How was she crazy and would anyone contact you about that?
Hard to pin down. A cold, mercenary quality on one end, with a strangely fluid quality on the other hand.

And I would not talk to the media about this.
Is the info about her having no compunction about passing along medical info reminiscent?
Well, then

Bob Juch

#103 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:16 am

Spock wrote:
Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:56 am
This video comparing US and Russian military recruitment has been floating around for awhile, but it struck me that many here in the bubble that SSS and the Bobs live in may not have seen it.

Posted without comment as none is needed.

https://twitter.com/MattWalshBlog/statu ... 0538131468
https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/ha ... 022-10-03/

Half of mobilised men in Russian region sent home, commissar fired, governor says

MOSCOW, Sept 29 (Reuters) - President Vladimir Putin said on Thursday that "all mistakes" made in a call-up to reinforce Russia's military operation in Ukraine should be corrected, his first public acknowledgment that the "partial mobilisation" he announced last week had not gone smoothly.

There have been widespread public expressions of discontent from officials and citizens over the way the mobilisation has been handled, including complaints about enlistment officers sending call-up papers to clearly ineligible men.

Thousands of men have fled Russia to avoid a draft that was billed as enlisting those with military experience and required specialities but has often appeared oblivious to individuals' service record, health, student status or even age.

Some 2,000 people have also been arrested at unsanctioned anti-war protests in over 30 towns and cities, and some of them promptly given call-up papers - something the Kremlin said was perfectly legal.

"In the course of this mobilisation, many questions are coming up, and all mistakes must be corrected and prevented from happening in the future," Putin said.

"For example, I'm thinking of fathers of many children, or people suffering from chronic diseases, or who those who are already past conscription age."

Russia's announcement on Sept. 21 of its first public mobilisation since World War Two had even attracted criticism from the Kremlin's own official supporters, something almost unheard of in Russia since it sent its army into Ukraine seven months ago.

"They're infuriating people, as if on purpose, as if out of spite. As if they'd been sent by Kyiv," the strongly pro-Kremlin editor of Russia's state-run RT news channel, Margarita Simonyan, said on Saturday.

On Monday, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov acknowledged that some call-ups had been issued in error, saying mistakes were being corrected by regional governors and the ministry of defence.

Putin notably refrained from assigning blame for the errors - either to the ministry, led by his close ally Sergei Shoigu, or to the regional officials entrusted with deciding precisely who call-up papers should go to.

Shoigu said last week that Moscow planned to enlist only 300,000 personnel. The Kremlin later denied a report by the independent Novaya Gazeta Europe that an undisclosed clause in Putin's mobilisation decree provided for one million reservists to be called up.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

silverscreenselect

#104 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:39 pm

The Russian troops that have been called up are being issued very basic equipment at best. The price of Kevlar vests in Moscow has gone up 1800% since the mobilization.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

jarnon

#105 Post by jarnon » Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:13 am

Philadelphia Inquirer wrote:U.S. leak shows toll on elite Russian forces

The clandestine units known as “spetsnaz” have been sapped by poor decisions, newly divulged assessments indicate.

BY ALEX HORTON (WASHINGTON POST)

The war in Ukraine has gutted Russia’s clandestine spetsnaz forces and it will take Moscow years to rebuild them, according to classified U.S. assessments obtained by the Washington Post.

The finding, which has not been previously reported, is among a cache of sensitive materials leaked online through the messaging platform Discord. U.S. officials attributed their assessments to Russian commanders’ overreliance on the specialized units who have been put to use as part of frontline infantry formations that, like the Ukrainians, have suffered massive numbers of dead and wounded.

Typically, spetsnaz personnel are assigned the sorts of stealthy, high-risk missions — including an apparent order to capture Ukraine’s president, Volodymyr Zelensky — for which they receive some of the Russian military’s most advanced training. But when Moscow launched its full-scale invasion last year, senior commanders eager to seize momentum and skeptical of their conventional fighters’ prowess deviated from the norm, ordering elite forces into direct combat, according to U.S. intelligence findings and independent analysts who have closely followed spetsnaz deployments.

The rapid depletion of Russia's commando units, observers say, shifted the war's dynamic from the outset, severely limiting Moscow's ability to employ clandestine tactics in support of conventional combat operations. U.S. officials believe the staggering casualties these units have sustained will render them less effective not only in Ukraine but also in other parts of the world where Russian forces operate, according to the assessments, which range in date from late 2022 to earlier this year.

The hollowing of these units appears to be evident in satellite imagery featured among the leaked materials. Before-and-after photos — showing a base used by the 22nd Separate Spetsnaz Brigade in southern Russia, according to the document — reveal that “all but one of five Russian
Separate Spetsnaz Brigades that returned from combat operations in Ukraine in late summer 2022 suffered significant losses.”

The slide includes two overhead images, one taken in November 2021, months before the invasion began, and another captured a year later. The
former shows a bustling motor pool teeming with vehicles; the latter reveals what U.S. officials concluded is a state of extreme depletion months after the brigade’s return home with fewer than half of the Tigr tactical vehicles it had before the deployment. The 22nd and two other spetsnaz brigades suffered an estimated 90% to 95% attrition rate, the assessments say.

Compounding Russia’s problems is the loss of experience within its elite forces. Spetsnaz soldiers require at least four years of specialized training, the U.S. documents say, concluding that it could take as long as a decade for Moscow to reconstitute these units.

The documents do not say how many spetsnaz troops are estimated to have been killed or wounded in Ukraine, but the materials, citing intelligence intercepts, assess that one unit alone — the 346th — “lost nearly the entire brigade with only 125 personnel active out of 900 deployed.”

U.S. intelligence analysts tracked every spetsnaz unit that returned home to southern Russia from Ukraine — except for one: the 25th Spetsnaz
Regiment. Severe personnel and equipment losses, the documents say, “could explain why there is no clear [intelligence] signature of their return to garrison.”

The U.S. government assessments dovetail with analysts’ observations. Rob Lee, a Russia military expert and senior fellow with the Foreign Policy
Research Institute, said that because Russia’s motorized rifle infantry soldiers proved ineffective, commanders have sought to compensate by
pushing elite airborne units, naval infantry, and spetsnaz to the front, including in the failed bid to capture Ukraine’s capital, Kyiv, and for
campaigns in the east and south.

There was an immediate consequence to that strategy, Lee said. Russian commanders, having burned through the best-trained fighters, forfeited the valuable skills those troops possess, including intelligence gathering and reconnaissance, from the start of the invasion through last fall.
“That affected the rest of the war because Russia lost all these key capabilities up front that they couldn’t easily replace — both equipmentwise
and talent-wise,” he said. “That affected what they could and couldn’t do.”

Just days into the war, spetsnaz troops arrived in the eastern city of Kharkiv in small numbers and without much support from conventional troops, Lee said. Many of them were killed or captured, he noted. Several of their specialized vehicles were destroyed, videos and photos show.
A similar situation played out in Mariupol in the south, Lee said, and in the eastern Donbas region, where fighting often took place in wooded areas where regular Russian motorized rifle units had difficulty operating.

Spetsnaz forces have also operated in the coal-mining town of Vuhledar in the Donetsk region, Lee said, where Ukrainian and Russian forces have
battled for months.

A soldier who served in Vuhledar with Ukraine’s 72nd Mechanized Brigade told the Post that while he could not confirm his unit faced spetsnaz, that was probably the case because they carried advanced body armor along with high-end night vision and thermal optics. Those enemy troops operated in small units, this soldier said, conducting traditional reconnaissance and infantry missions. He spoke on the condition of anonymity, citing the sensitivity of recent operations.

The apparent death of a spetsnaz brigade commander in Vuhledar in February further illustrates the scope of problems facing Russia, Lee said. If
such a senior military leader “is that far forward, there is probably something not quite right. Either losses are too heavy in that unit, or they’re
being used in a way they’re not supposed to be used,” he added.

Russia's expenditure of its elite troops will have cascading effects, the documents say, including a loss of some ability to train paramilitary groups
in unconventional warfare tactics, "which Russia has used to advance its interests abroad."

It’s clear that spetsnaz are a finite resource that can’t be easily replenished, Lee said. What’s not clear is whether conventional Russian commanders have learned from what’s happened in Ukraine or how best to use these elite forces. “It’s going to be a while before there is a full understanding of how they are adapting,” he said.
This article reminded me of Spock’s post last year. The spetsnaz troops really are as formidable as the soldiers in the recruitment video. But they’re being wasted as cannon fodder.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

silverscreenselect

#106 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:19 pm

Spock wrote:
This video comparing US and Russian military recruitment has been floating around for awhile, but it struck me that many here in the bubble that SSS and the Bobs live in may not have seen it.

Since Spock has seen fit to go back and pat himself on the back over some posts with his Sons of the Pioneer buddies, I thought I'd remind everyone of this golden oldie of his.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

jarnon

#107 Post by jarnon » Sun Apr 16, 2023 5:12 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:19 pm
Spock wrote:

Since Spock has seen fit to go back and pat himself on the back over some posts with his Sons of the Pioneer buddies, I thought I'd remind everyone of this golden oldie of his.
I was reminded of that post by an article I read yesterday. I posted it in full above; here’s my comment if you don’t have time to read it all.
jarnon wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:13 am
This article reminded me of Spock’s post last year. The spetsnaz troops really are as formidable as the soldiers in the recruitment video. But they’re being wasted as cannon fodder.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

jarnon

#108 Post by jarnon » Fri May 05, 2023 9:21 am

Ukraine delegate hits Russian at Black Sea summit in Turkey

I thought this article would be about a verbal scuffle, but no.

Pull quote >>> Paws off our flag, paws off Ukraine, Russian filth! <<<

Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי