It Is Probably Nothing

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
flockofseagulls104

Re: It Is Probably Nothing

#51 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sat Feb 19, 2022 10:57 am

Nobody wants to answer the question: What is an antivaxxer?
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

flockofseagulls104

#52 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:19 am

I will let you people argue about the numbers and whether Mr Hirschman's observations are valid or not. That's why we're in this quagmire to begin with. Nobody knows what's valid and what's not because everyone is so goddamn sure the other guy is full of shit.

What I was observing was the first response to Spock's links from dr. weyoun. It included a specific and totally out-of-the-blue political swipe at someone he supposedly knew. He went on to use the epithet 'antivaxxer'. Not a particularly scientific analysis, IMO. I also pointed out some assumptions he made that I thought were driven by bias and not by analysis. Could it be that dr weyoun's political beliefs have a role in his medical judgement?

I would very much like to understand what the term 'antivaxxer' means to dr weyoun. Is he not aware that our current VP was totally against getting vaccinated depending upon what political party was in the white house? Is Ms Harris an antivaxxer? Suppose Donald Trump had been re-elected. Don't you suppose Ms. Harris would have been leading the movement to not trust the vaccine, based on her statement? I wonder what would dr. weyoun's medical opinion be in that situation?

https://youtu.be/p7WD8l0Dc1I

Am I an antivaxxer since my only stake in this is that I support an individual's right to choose? And what does he think, being in the medical profession, should be done with people he designates as antivaxxers? Should we create some new power of the federal government to deal with them as needed for the 'public good'?

Inquiring minds want to know.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

flockofseagulls104

#53 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:42 pm

Weyoun wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 6:59 am
We’ve poked all sorts of holes in the guy’s story.

I have not seen a response to any of them.

- how does the guy know their vaccine status?
He could have politely asked, if he was curious. I answered that question.
- statistically how does this huge number of patients square with trends seen nationally, especially in Pike County AL, with a vaccine rate of 50%?
As I have stated, I don't know, and it's not what I asked you.
- would not Covid explain this phenomenon better given that?
I don't know, and I think you are going back to this because you don't want to answer my question.
- how do stringy white clots make sense as a physiological process?
Why are you asking ME this? My posts have nothing to do with that debate.

Etc.

He says also the he does not care if Hirschman is “right or wrong.” We have noticed…
Apparently, you haven't. I want to know what you think an antivaxxer is.

silverscreenselect

#54 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Feb 19, 2022 1:05 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:19 am
Nobody knows what's valid and what's not because everyone is so goddamn sure the other guy is full of shit.
That's what's wrong with your argument. People do know what's valid and what's not, and by people I mean the overwhelming majority of the medical and scientific community as opposed to you, Spock, and an embalmer in Alabama.

You could probably find someone posting on the internet somewhere claiming that the earth is flat. That doesn't transform the question of the earth's shape into a debatable proposition as to what's valid and what's not. You say you don't know what the facts are. But when you continue to give equal weight to people like this guy in Alabama and advance arguments on his behalf, you are elevating nonsense to the level of a reasonable scientific hypothesis.

The dictionary definition of anti-vaxxer is someone who is opposed to a vaccine. When used today, it invariably refers to the COVID vaccine. My definition of it is someone who is actively propounding that opposition, often in as public a forum as possible and often completely unsupported by facts or supported by fallacious or invented "facts." By that definition, Hirschman is an anti-vaxxer.

As far as Kamala Harris, you even played a clip of her response. She said: "If the public health officials, if Dr. Fauci, the doctors, tell us that we should take it, I'll be the first in line to take it. But if Donald Trump tells us we should take it, I'm not going to take it." That's pretty much what we've all said in every thread about this subject. The public health officials overwhelmingly recommend taking it. And, by the way, the initial vaccines were developed during the Trump administration. As opposed to that, Harris said she wouldn't take the word of a man who suggested taking bleach as a cure for COVID.

For Democrats, medical and scientific facts don't vary depending on who is in office. For Republicans, they often do.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

flockofseagulls104

#55 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sat Feb 19, 2022 2:52 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 1:05 pm
Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:19 am
Nobody knows what's valid and what's not because everyone is so goddamn sure the other guy is full of shit.
That's what's wrong with your argument. People do know what's valid and what's not, and by people I mean the overwhelming majority of the medical and scientific community as opposed to you, Spock, and an embalmer in Alabama.

You could probably find someone posting on the internet somewhere claiming that the earth is flat. That doesn't transform the question of the earth's shape into a debatable proposition as to what's valid and what's not. You say you don't know what the facts are. But when you continue to give equal weight to people like this guy in Alabama and advance arguments on his behalf, you are elevating nonsense to the level of a reasonable scientific hypothesis.

The dictionary definition of anti-vaxxer is someone who is opposed to a vaccine. When used today, it invariably refers to the COVID vaccine. My definition of it is someone who is actively propounding that opposition, often in as public a forum as possible and often completely unsupported by facts or supported by fallacious or invented "facts." By that definition, Hirschman is an anti-vaxxer.

As far as Kamala Harris, you even played a clip of her response. She said: "If the public health officials, if Dr. Fauci, the doctors, tell us that we should take it, I'll be the first in line to take it. But if Donald Trump tells us we should take it, I'm not going to take it." That's pretty much what we've all said in every thread about this subject. The public health officials overwhelmingly recommend taking it. And, by the way, the initial vaccines were developed during the Trump administration. As opposed to that, Harris said she wouldn't take the word of a man who suggested taking bleach as a cure for COVID.

For Democrats, medical and scientific facts don't vary depending on who is in office. For Republicans, they often do.
Once again, ignoring my question, and even making it even more valid.
You can't see beyond your own nose. If Donald Trump had been reelected, Dr. Fauci may or may not have been retained. If he was in the administration and he recommended taking the vaccine, I venture to guess Ms. Harris would follow through on her statement. If Dr Fauci had not been retained, no matter what his stance, I venture to guess she would also be against being vaccinated simply because it came from the Trump administration. You frickin know that as well as I do. Don't pretend otherwise.

For the fifteenth time, what is the definition of 'antivaxxer', dr weyoun, please. He is the doctor, not you.

silverscreenselect

#56 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Feb 19, 2022 3:27 pm

Sat Feb 19, 2022 2:52 pm
If Donald Trump had been reelected, Dr. Fauci may or may not have been retained. If he was in the administration and he recommended taking the vaccine, I venture to guess Ms. Harris would follow through on her statement. If Dr Fauci had not been retained, no matter what his stance, I venture to guess she would also be against being vaccinated simply because it came from the Trump administration.
You conveniently overlooked the rest of what Kamala Harris said. Fauci may or may not have been around for a second Trump term. All the other medical experts would still be around and would be rendering their scientific opinions about the vaccine. While you, Spock, and the embalmer from Alabama may want to reduce the vaccine to a political proposition, it's a matter of medicine and science. Considering the severity of the consequences, I would not refuse the vaccine to make a political statement and I highly doubt Kamala Harris would either.

silverscreenselect

#57 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:14 pm

Martin Luther on the Bubonic Plague 1527 wrote:Others sin on the right hand. They are much too rash and reckless, tempting God and disregarding everything which might counteract death and the plague. They disdain the use of medicines; they do not avoid places and persons infected by the plague, but lightheartedly make sport of it and wish to prove how independent they are. They say that it is God’s punishment; if he wants to protect them he can do so without medicines or our carefulness. That is not trusting God but tempting him. God has created medicines and provided us with intelligence to guard and take good care of the body so that we can live in good health.

If one makes no use of intelligence or medicine when he could do so without detriment to his neighbor, such a person injures his body and must beware lest he become a suicide in God’s eyes. By the same reasoning a person might forego eating and drinking, clothing and shelter, and boldly proclaim his faith that if God wanted to preserve him from starvation and cold, he could do so without food and clothing. Actually that would be suicide. It is even more shameful for a person to pay no heed to his own body and to fail to protect it against the plague the best he is able, and then to infect and poison others who might have remained alive if he had taken care of his body as he should have. He is thus responsible before God for his neighbor’s death and is a murderer many times over. Indeed, such people behave as though a house were burning in the city and nobody were trying to put the fire out. Instead they give leeway to the flames so that the whole city is consumed, saying that if God so willed, he could save the city without water to quench the fire.

No, my dear friends, that is no good. Use medicine; take potions which can help you; fumigate house, yard, and street; shun persons and places where your neighbor does not need your presence or has recovered, and act like a man who wants to help put out the burning city. What else is the epidemic but a fire which instead of consuming wood and straw devours life and body? You ought to think this way: “Very well, by God’s decree the enemy has sent us poison and deadly offal. Therefore I shall ask God mercifully to protect us. Then I shall fumigate, help purify the air, administer medicine, and take it. I shall avoid persons and places where my presence is not needed in order not to become contaminated and thus perchance infect and pollute others, and so cause their death as a result of my negligence. If God should wish to take me, he will surely find me, and I have done what he has expected of me and so I am not responsible for either my own death or the death of others. If my neighbor needs me, however, I shall not avoid place or person but will go freely, as stated above. See, this is such a God-fearing faith because it is neither brash nor foolhardy and does not tempt God.”
Martin Luther had more on the ball 600 years ago than a lot of anti-vaxxers today.

flockofseagulls104

#58 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sat Feb 19, 2022 5:25 pm

Just sayin, SSS, I have no interest in what you have to say or what you think about anything. Whatever it is, I'll just concede you are right, correct and on the money. I have nothing with which to respond or argue with you, and no desire to do so. You win in your personal vendetta against me. OK? So you have nothing left to prove.

I am asking the doctor who he includes by using the term antivaxxer.

Estonut
Evil Genius

#59 Post by Estonut » Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:57 pm

For Democrats, medical and scientific facts don't vary depending on who is in office.
No, they vary depending on the polls.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

tlynn78

#60 Post by tlynn78 » Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:34 pm

Estonut wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:57 pm
For Democrats, medical and scientific facts don't vary depending on who is in office.
No, they vary depending on the polls.
Exactly.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Weyoun

#61 Post by Weyoun » Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:50 pm

Sat Feb 19, 2022 10:57 am
Do you need a cartoon or do I have to tell you

flockofseagulls104

#62 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:49 pm

Weyoun wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:50 pm
I had nothing to do with any cartoon. You brought up the term 'antivaxxer'. You are supposedly a man of medical science. Tell me what the term antivaxxer means to you.
By the way you are avoiding the question, it looks like you are not even sure yourself what it means. But you weren't hesitant in throwing it around.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#63 Post by Beebs52 » Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:29 pm

Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:49 pm
Weyoun wrote:
I had nothing to do with any cartoon. You brought up the term 'antivaxxer'. You are supposedly a man of medical science. Tell me what the term antivaxxer means to you.
By the way you are avoiding the question, it looks like you are not even sure yourself what it means. But you weren't hesitant in throwing it around.
He's referring to an illustration in the article I posted. I guess if you only read picture books and not all the scary writing with them it's all a cartoon.
Well, then

flockofseagulls104

#64 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:46 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:29 pm
Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:49 pm
Weyoun wrote:

He's referring to an illustration in the article I posted. I guess if you only read picture books and not all the scary writing with them it's all a cartoon.
I knew what he was referring to. He was just using that distraction as a distraction from actually answering my question.

flockofseagulls104

#65 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:53 pm

Weyoun wrote:
Yes, doctor, you need to tell me, and if you ever do, I would like to ask you some follow-up questions.

Weyoun

#66 Post by Weyoun » Sun Feb 20, 2022 7:24 pm

Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:53 pm
Weyoun wrote:
Yes, doctor, you need to tell me, and if you ever do, I would like to ask you some follow-up questions.
For some reason that doesn’t entice me

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#67 Post by Beebs52 » Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:01 pm

Know this isn't my dog in the fight, but it is amusing that you're blowing him off when you're tahred or sumpin.
Well, then

flockofseagulls104

#68 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:48 pm

Weyoun wrote:
Sun Feb 20, 2022 7:24 pm
Weyoun wrote:

:) :) :) :)
Yep. Just like I thought.

Weyoun

#69 Post by Weyoun » Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:30 pm

Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:48 pm
Weyoun wrote:

You clearly want to give some kind of opinion on the subject. Just go ahead and give it

silverscreenselect

#70 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:55 pm

Weyoun wrote:

Flock:

This must be an all-time record for you for the most anal thread ever.

flockofseagulls104

#71 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:59 pm

Weyoun wrote:
Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:30 pm
Weyoun wrote:

You clearly want to give some kind of opinion on the subject. Just go ahead and give it
No I'm actually giving you the opportunity to explain yourself. When you use a term like that as an epithet, you need to define it. I'm giving you the chance. I think you just threw it out there, like someone using the N-word, with just as much thought put into it. So give me your well-informed, medically appropriate, scientific definition of the word.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#72 Post by Bob78164 » Sun Feb 20, 2022 11:47 pm

Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:59 pm
No I'm actually giving you the opportunity to explain yourself. When you use a term like that as an epithet, you need to define it.
No, he doesn't. He really doesn't. His views on the subject are crystalline in their clarity and he has explained them most pellucidly. I really can't imagine how it would advance anyone's knowledge or understanding to cooperate with your apparent desire to play semantic games. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Weyoun

#73 Post by Weyoun » Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:32 am

Weyoun wrote:

No I'm actually giving you the opportunity to explain yourself. When you use a term like that as an epithet, you need to define it. I'm giving you the chance. I think you just threw it out there, like someone using the N-word, with just as much thought put into it. So give me your well-informed, medically appropriate, scientific definition of the word.
I don’t “need” to do anything.

silverscreenselect

#74 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:01 am

Weyoun wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:32 am
Weyoun wrote:

Uh-oh. Looks like Flock's set the stage for patting himself on the back, claiming no one will communicate with him because we've all got a liberal agenda and have made up our minds, and taking a victory lap as he applauds his ingenuity.

flockofseagulls104

#75 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:24 am

Weyoun wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:32 am
Weyoun wrote:

I didn't ask for the opinions of the peanut gallery. I'm asking you. You seem to want to be a source for 'medical' knowledge, however, it is very apparent your medical knowledge is tainted by your political bias and bigotry. Your refusal to defend your use of the epithet 'antivaxxer' shows this clearly. It is clearly not a scientific term, and your use of it calls into question any 'medical' opinion or advice you give out. I sympathize with any of your patients who happen to have a different political perspective than you hold.