You (don't) got LS...

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Robert Preston
Merry Man

You (don't) got LS...

#1 Post by Robert Preston » Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:07 pm

Now I know all you folks are the right kind of BBs. I'm going to be perfectly frank. There's a classic Bored challenge coming soon. Not just any challenge, it's LYRICALLY...

SPEAKING!

BBs of the WWTBAM Bored. Heed that warning before it's too late! Watch for the telltale signs of this new Bored challenge. Are you constantly saying, "I remember that song!" or "When I was a kid, we only had one radio station," or "I wasn't even alive in the 60s/70s/80s."

If so my friends. . .ya got Lyrically Speaking!

Trouble with a Capital L and that rhymes with Hell and that stands for LS 2022.

Lyrically Speaking!
The one, the only

Say it.

Play it.

Arriving soon.

ish
I am the Music Man

franktangredi

Re: You got LS...

#2 Post by franktangredi » Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:12 pm

HALLELUJAH!

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#3 Post by SportsFan68 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:26 pm

franktangredi wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:12 pm
HALLELUJAH!
Rec!
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#4 Post by littlebeast13 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:27 pm

As for why almost all of January has now passed without the start of the new LSWE season, there are a few reasons for that....

First and foremost, I've largely planned out games for the entire run of LSWE using mainly two lyrics sites... one which went down about four years ago, and another which went down last September. Both sites were easily searchable by song title or artist, and most importantly, both sites only featured Billboard charting songs with some other popular cuts thrown in the mix. Many lyrics sites out there are such a hodgepodge of garbage songs and garbage bands, that they're unusable for this purpose. When I search for "satisfaction" and the first fifty results are weird titles by unknown artists with no mention of the Rolling Stones, that's not going to work. I need to have as little noise as possible to filter through. If anyone has any recs for some good lyrics sites (or even just song sites) that feature a good search function and little to no garbage results, feel free to pass them along...

Second, I honestly got a bit spooked by the lack of participation in my LS Tangredi game. Seems most of the true game players on this Bored have long moved on due to all of the usual nonsense, and my mental file of who was still around that might play LSWE this year grew shorter and shorter. Given the difficulty I was going to have in composing games, the lack of people it was being done for wasn't exactly inspiring me to get creating...

And of course, all of this was before the news about TBone this week, who has been the LSWE's sole player throughout its 15 years. Even if I was ready, it wouldn't be right at all to start up the game now out of respect for him....

I would like to run an 2022 LSWE (Even if it ends up being a LSSE) sometime this year, but it probably won't be in the immediate future...

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

Vandal
Director of Promos

#5 Post by Vandal » Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:44 pm

Time for a strongly-worded C&D letter to the Promos department.

We can wait.
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

franktangredi

#6 Post by franktangredi » Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:41 pm

franktangredi wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:12 pm
HALLELUJAH!
d

I clearly misread the message.

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

Re: You (don't) got LS...

#7 Post by SportsFan68 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:25 am

:(
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

Vandal
Director of Promos

#8 Post by Vandal » Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:28 pm

I take full blame for the misinformation about the upcoming LS. I misread one of lB’s Tangredi posts, thought the return of LS was imminent and let my dipshit Merrymen do their thing.

My apologies to LB for putting him in an uncomfortable spot. He should never have had to explain anything.

Let all please support the game when it arrives.

Vandal
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#9 Post by Beebs52 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:42 pm

I think you're okay.
Well, then

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#10 Post by littlebeast13 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:07 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:42 pm
I think you're okay.
Well, that depends on your meaning of "okay"......

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#11 Post by littlebeast13 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:09 pm

And I have no problem with what Vandal did. He's just doing his thing, and I should have made an announcement earlier, but didn't decide until yesterday that LSWE is going back on the back burner for now...

I admire Vandal for trying to keep things goofy and light in a rather dark era in this Bored's life....

lb13

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#12 Post by Beebs52 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:13 pm

littlebeast13 wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:09 pm
And I have no problem with what Vandal did. He's just doing his thing, and I should have made an announcement earlier, but didn't decide until yesterday that LSWE is going back on the back burner for now...

I admire Vandal for trying to keep things goofy and light in a rather dark era in this Bored's life....

lb13
😍
Well, then