Here's a bit of positive news

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BackInTex

Here's a bit of positive news

#1 Post by BackInTex » Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:56 pm

I'm supposed to go to Melbourne, FL tomorrow to attend a strategy meeting with several peers and our boss. The boss "suggested" we all take Covid tests before going. Not mandated mind you, but his email was "It might be a good idea if we all take a Covid test prior to the meeting."

So I went up to CVS and purchased one of the home test kits (actually bought two).

The results? Positive. So no trip to FL. Guess I'll participate virtually from my home office, with is no fun being the one person not in a room while everyone else is having discussions.

I don't have any real symptoms other than a little dry cough and random trouble talking when I don’t take a full breath, which I’ve had for three years since inhaling -18 air in Wisconsin during the polar vortex. It’s a little worse than it has been so guess that could be the Coviid piling on.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Re: Here's a bit of positive news

#2 Post by Bob78164 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:01 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:56 pm
I'm supposed to go to Melbourne, FL tomorrow to attend a strategy meeting with several peers and our boss. The boss "suggested" we all take Covid tests before going. Not mandated mind you, but his email was "It might be a good idea if we all take a Covid test prior to the meeting."

So I went up to CVS and purchased one of the home test kits (actually bought two).

The results? Positive. So no trip to FL. Guess I'll participate virtually from my home office, with is no fun being the one person not in a room while everyone else is having discussions.

I don't have any real symptoms other than a little dry cough and random trouble talking when I don’t take a full breath, which I’ve had for three years since inhaling -18 air in Wisconsin during the polar vortex. It’s a little worse than it has been so guess that could be the Coviid piling on.
I'm glad you're vaxxed, and that you learned about the infection in time to minimize spread. I hope the course of your infection remains relatively easy. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#3 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:45 pm

This virus seems to be going around on this Bored. I'm glad you're in fairly good shape. Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#4 Post by Beebs52 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:00 pm

Be well. This all sucks.
Well, then

jaybee

#5 Post by jaybee » Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:14 pm

Well crap! But at least you're not very sick and definitely good that you'll not be spreading it to anyone else. And I guess - if you really didn't want to go on the business trip - that could be a win.
Jaybee

a1mamacat

#6 Post by a1mamacat » Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:26 pm

Jeez lots of positives popping up. Get better soon BIT.
Lover of Soft Animals and Fine Art
1st annual international BBBL Champeeeeen!

tlynn78

#7 Post by tlynn78 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:39 pm

Not my fave "positive" news. Like I told t-bone, lots of fluids, take care.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire