RIP Louie Anderson

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Vandal
Director of Promos

RIP Louie Anderson

#1 Post by Vandal » Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:33 am

Louie Anderson, Emmy-Winning Comedian, Dies at 68

Louie Anderson, iconic Emmy-winning stand-up, actor and game show host, died Friday after battling cancer, his publicist confirmed to Variety. He was 68.

A seasoned stand-up with a career spanning over three decades, Anderson broke through as a comedian in 1984, when he performed a set on “The Tonight Show starring Johnny Carson.” From there, he performed a comedy special on Showtime in 1987, made regular TV appearances on late-night shows, and appeared in movies such as “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off” in 1986 and “Coming to America” in 1988.

In 1995, Anderson produced, created and starred in the Fox original animated series “Life with Louie.” Like much of Anderson’s stand-up, “Life with Louie” was based heavily on his experiences growing up in Saint Paul, Minn. in a large family of 11 children. The comic voiced a fictionalized version of his 8-year-old self in the show, winning two Daytime Emmys for Performer in an animated program. The show ran from 1995 to 1998. In 1996, he created and starred in a short-lived sitcom on CBS “The Louie Show” which was canceled after six episodes. In 1999, Anderson was the first host for the third revival of the hit syndicated game show “Family Feud,” leaving the show after four years in 2002.

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/loui ... 235159674/
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

Re: RIP Louie Anderson

#2 Post by Beebs52 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:04 am

:(
We met him in the early 80s in Las Vegas. Had lunch while waiting for our friend Argus Hamilton. He was just the sweetest guy completely.
Well, then

Bob Juch

#3 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:10 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:04 am
We met him in the early 80s in Las Vegas. Had lunch while waiting for our friend Argus Hamilton. He was just the sweetest guy completely.
Argus was the M.C. at The Comedy Store, right?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#4 Post by Beebs52 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:20 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:10 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:04 am
Argus was the M.C. at The Comedy Store, right?
Still is! Does podcasts and such and writes columns.
Well, then