RIP Meat Loaf

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Vandal
Director of Promos

RIP Meat Loaf

#1 Post by Vandal » Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:54 am

Legendary singer and actor Meat Loaf dies aged 74

The Grammy winner, who was born Marvin Lee Aday, passed away on Thursday night with his wife Deborah by his side. In a statement on Facebook, his family said he was “an inspiring artist and beautiful man”. His cause of death has not been confirmed. Written and composed by Jim Steinman, Meat Loaf’s 1977 debut album Bat Out of Hell remains one of the biggest-selling albums in US history with more than 14 million units sold.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity- ... d-26008467
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

Bob Juch

Re: RIP Meat Loaf

#2 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:19 am

Vandal wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:54 am
Legendary singer and actor Meat Loaf dies aged 74

The Grammy winner, who was born Marvin Lee Aday, passed away on Thursday night with his wife Deborah by his side. In a statement on Facebook, his family said he was “an inspiring artist and beautiful man”. His cause of death has not been confirmed. Written and composed by Jim Steinman, Meat Loaf’s 1977 debut album Bat Out of Hell remains one of the biggest-selling albums in US history with more than 14 million units sold.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity- ... d-26008467
It was reported a few days ago that he had COVID.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Ritterskoop

#3 Post by Ritterskoop » Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:52 am

I was a reasonably big fan, not so much of the guy himself, but the bombast, and specifically of Jim Steinman's productions (he died a year or so ago).

So it is from a place of affection that I say, DO NOT buy Braver Than We Are from 4-5 years ago. It is beyond a train wreck. I did like the single with Ellen Foley and Karla DeVito, who sang on "Paradise By the Dashboard Light" (Foley on the album, DeVito on tour). I actually got to see Foley live in NYC about ten years ago, in a little underground jazz club. Remarkable.

The song is track No. 2, an 11-minute nightmare except for the parts with the two ladies. Meatloaf's voice was gone. It wasn't like when Glen Campbell and Johnny Cash got older, and their voices had character. It was gone. Maybe he had a hearing issue by then. So off-pitch.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

Vandal
Director of Promos

#4 Post by Vandal » Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:49 pm

_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

silverscreenselect

#5 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:18 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:19 am
Meat Loaf was an anti-vaxer.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#6 Post by Beebs52 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:06 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:18 pm
Bob Juch wrote:
Cause of death hasn't been released.
Well, then

Pastor Fireball

#7 Post by Pastor Fireball » Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:15 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
And a supporter of Orange Former Guy. Compound that with decades of health problems, it's no surprise that a lot of those anti-vax red-hatters have been shuffling off the mortal coil over the past couple of months. As it says in Galatians 6:7, "God is not mocked, for whatsoever a man sows, that shall he also reap."

It's fortunate that Meat Loaf was a good singer and a good actor. Otherwise, he would have been just another unlikable talentless azijnpisser whom nobody would have missed after he died, like... well, I've already forgotten the names of those anti-vax red-hatters who have died over the past couple of months. My point exactly.

But I will never forget you, Meat Loaf. Hope you've finally found paradise by the dashboard light.
"[Drumpf's] name alone creates division and anger, whose words inspire dissension and hatred, and can't possibly 'Make America Great Again.'" --Kobe Bryant (1978-2020)

"In times of crisis, the wise build bridges. The foolish build barriers." --Chadwick Boseman (1976-2020)

Bob Juch

#8 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:13 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
"I'll do anything for love, but I won't get vaxed." :cry:
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.