Perspectives #1

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
tlynn78

Re: Perspectives #1

#26 Post by tlynn78 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:21 pm

:wink:
Beebs52 wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:54 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:20 pm
tlynn78 wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:42 pm
:wink: But, he's got all those pearls to clutch...
Considering the damage you're doing, that's a pretty fucking cavalier attitude for anyone to take, much less an elected public official.

Let me ask you something. Have you ever actually met and talked to one of the people you insist on misgendering? Faced them and explained to them why it's so important for you to impose this pain upon them? Told them why your insistence on using your preferred pronouns for them is more important than their pain? Have you ever confronted the consequences of your actions? Or do you simply prefer to own the libs, no matter whom it hurts? --Bob
Tell us again the damage tgirl has caused by misgendering. Or when she has misgendered anyone.

Unlike your misgendering of her right here. Tho I think she ain't damaged.

I think you love bloviating about IMPORTANT STUFF with which you have no personal actual gut level caring, other than as a jumping point to reinforce your INTENTION to make sure no repubs blahblahyada. By golly.
Bingo. I actually personally "know" two (formerly) men who now prefer to present themselves as women. Both attorneys. I manage to deal professionally with both of them at least several times a month, without reducing either of them to tears. The single issue that concerned me at all is when one began to use a name different from the one to which their bar number was attached. The state's Commission on Practice has yet to issue a directive, same with my judges, so we simply accept those filings and, believe it or not, go on with our day. Except, of course, when I go back to my office, utter a menacing muahaha or two, shed a few tears over bobbo misgendering me, and begin plotting which vulnerable population to attack next.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#27 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:54 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:21 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:20 pm
Considering the damage you're doing, that's a pretty fucking cavalier attitude for anyone to take, much less an elected public official.

Let me ask you something. Have you ever actually met and talked to one of the people you insist on misgendering? Faced them and explained to them why it's so important for you to impose this pain upon them? Told them why your insistence on using your preferred pronouns for them is more important than their pain? Have you ever confronted the consequences of your actions? Or do you simply prefer to own the libs, no matter whom it hurts? --Bob
Tell us again the damage tgirl has caused by misgendering. Or when she has misgendered anyone.

I think you love bloviating about IMPORTANT STUFF with which you have no personal actual gut level caring, other than as a jumping point to reinforce your INTENTION to make sure no repubs blahblahyada. By golly.
Bingo. I actually personally "know" two (formerly) men who now prefer to present themselves as women. Both attorneys. I manage to deal professionally with both of them at least several times a month, without reducing either of them to tears. The single issue that concerned me at all is when one began to use a name different from the one to which their bar number was attached. The state's Commission on Practice has yet to issue a directive, same with my judges, so we simply accept those filings and, believe it or not, go on with our day. Except, of course, when I go back to my office, utter a menacing muahaha or two, shed a few tears over bobbo misgendering me, and begin plotting which vulnerable population to attack next.
Notice that I haven't weighed in at all on the sports issue. I haven't looked into it enough to have an informed opinion.
This, from a reply from above. By Bob#
This whole thread is based on the sports aspect.

Why would one admit ignorance and then, oh, I dunno, insert random shit? Rather than start a new thread in which one would get, oh, I dunno, mushed up in an argument one can't win logically?
Well, then

tlynn78

#28 Post by tlynn78 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:23 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:54 pm
tlynn78 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:

Notice that I haven't weighed in at all on the sports issue. I haven't looked into it enough to have an informed opinion.

Why would one admit ignorance and then, oh, I dunno, insert random shit? Rather than start a new thread in which one would get, oh, I dunno, mushed up in an argument one can't win logically?
Pearls need clutching.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#29 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:44 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:23 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:54 pm
tlynn78 wrote:

Pearls need clutching.
One must have real actual pearls to survive persistent clutching.

Though, fake stuff may withstand ongoing clutch if the string is like pvc or something.
Well, then

silverscreenselect

#30 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:03 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:07 pm
silverscreenselect wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:55 pm
but there are thousands of them playing high school sports.
I'm only highlighting the above because I think you don't always state truthful stuff. Where are your figures?
This year, NFHS [National Federation of State High School Associations] conducted an informal survey to see how many transgender athletes were competing across the country. "It was very, very few," she says.

There is no data available that provides an exact number of transgender students in high school, let alone transgender student-athletes. There are approximately 15 million high school students in the United States, and approximately 8 million of them participate in high school sports. A CDC study published in 2019 estimated that 1.8 percent of high school students are transgender, meaning there are roughly 270,000 transgender students in U.S. high schools. But a report by the Human Rights Campaign found that only 14% of transgender boys and 12% of transgender girls play sports. Given all of those numbers, it's statistically possible that there are some 35,000 transgender student-athletes in high school, which would mean 0.44% of high school athletes are transgender.

Even as a fraction of the athlete population, that's still considerably more transgender young people playing sports than have made headlines. That's because the overwhelming majority of them don't win championships. Connecticut Interscholastic Athletic Conference (CIAC) executive director Glenn Lungarini saw that phenomenon up close in his conversations with parents in the state. "What was very telling for me was a comment by the parents who said, 'We know that there's other transgender girls running, but we don't care about them because they're not winning,'" Lungarini says.
https://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/32 ... es-debates

Their figure was 35,000. I said thousands, to be on the conservative side.

And from Scientific American:
Two days after the Connecticut lawsuit was filed by the cisgender girls’ families, one of those girls beat one of the transgender girls named in the lawsuit in a Connecticut state championship. It turns out that when transgender girls play on girls’ sports teams, cisgender girls can win. In fact, the vast majority of female athletes are cisgender, as are the vast majority of winners. There is no epidemic of transgender girls dominating female sports.

Policies permitting transgender athletes to play on teams that match their gender identity are not new. The Olympics have had trans-inclusive policies since 2004, but a single openly transgender athlete has yet to even qualify. California passed a law in 2013 that allows trans youth to compete on the team that matches their gender identity; there have been no issues. U SPORTS, Canada’s equivalent to the U.S.’s National Collegiate Athletic Association, has allowed transgender athletes to compete with the team that matches their identity for the past two years.

The notion of transgender girls having an unfair advantage comes from the idea that testosterone causes physical changes such as an increase in muscle mass. But transgender girls are not the only girls with high testosterone levels. An estimated 10 percent of women have polycystic ovarian syndrome, which results in elevated testosterone levels. They are not banned from female sports. Transgender girls on puberty blockers, on the other hand, have negligible testosterone levels. Yet these state bills would force them to play with the boys. Plus, the athletic advantage conferred by testosterone is equivocal. As Katrina Karkazis, a senior visiting fellow and expert on testosterone and bioethics at Yale University explains, “Studies of testosterone levels in athletes do not show any clear, consistent relationship between testosterone and athletic performance. Sometimes testosterone is associated with better performance, but other studies show weak links or no links. And yet others show testosterone is associated with worse performance.” The bills’ premises lack scientific validity.

Claiming that transgender girls have an unfair advantage in sports also neglects the fact that these kids have the deck stacked against them in nearly every other way imaginable. They suffer from higher rates of bullying, anxiety and depression—all of which make it more difficult for them to train and compete. They also have higher rates of homelessness and poverty because of common experiences of family rejection. This is likely a major driver of why we see so few transgender athletes in collegiate sports and none in the Olympics.
https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... rts-teams/
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

wbtravis007

#31 Post by wbtravis007 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:40 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:27 pm
I have for a long time stayed off of this bored. I got tired of the arguments and pettiness, and I was finally disgusted with myself for being dragged into it and participating in it myself. Insanity is continuing to do the same things and believing the outcome will change.

But I have continued to monitor this bored and think about what I see, especially from the leftist elements, and wonder about how they can continue to make the same claims and observations that, at the least ring hollow, and that at the most are totally ridiculous based on what I know and what seems obvious to me.

I truly believe that maybe they are just not ever exposed to a different viewpoint or perspective. There are many people who are experts on specific subject matter, eminently qualified to have an opinion, or present facts, about a subject, that they are just not exposed to. Maybe if they get some credible information from people who know the subject, and take time to verify the facts they present, it might open up their minds to a different perspective. But this assumes they are open to it, which may be a moot assumption in some cases.

Regardless, I am going to try. I will post, from time to time, a different perspective on a subject which is being discussed on this bored. I may or may not agree 100% with the opinions of the presenter, but I will probably agree with more than 50% of what they say, because, after all, it represents my perspective. I cannot vouch for every fact that is presented, but the presenter is responsible for that, and I would wager that most, if not all, the presenters have fact-checked themselves before presenting the fact.

I WILL NOT PARTICIPATE in any discussions. I will not get in a back and forth. I have been there, done that, and it does no good. I'm sure that a dissenting view to anything posted here can be found. It should not be hard to find, because there are people whose job it is to figure out how to counter any factual argument and make sure it is posted prominently on the internet. That is true for ANY SIDE of any argument. The trick is to think for yourself. Listen to what these people have to say and decide for yourself who has the more convincing and truthful argument.

Here's my first one. If it doesn't degrade into people calling each other names and maybe sparks some actual intellectual discussion, I might do more.

https://www.prageru.com/video/the-end-of-womens-sports

Dennis Prager has a long running, nationally syndicated talk show. He does not present himself as an objective journalist. He has a point of view, and he generally supports his point of view with cogent arguments and facts. He has created a website called PragerU, which presents his perspective in easy to digest 5 minute videos. I suggest you do away with the expected attacks on his person or his integity, which, again, are probably easily found because it is the first move to negate anything he might say, and concentrate on the content.

Good Luck
ICM!

Knew it.

Reminiscent of the pledge not to ever listen to Rush again if he were to hire a lawyer.

Chalk up another win for Skippy's Prediction Services, Inc.

wbtravis007

#32 Post by wbtravis007 » Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:23 pm

I have for a long time stayed off of this bored. I got tired of the arguments and pettiness, and I was finally disgusted with myself for being dragged into it and participating in it myself. Insanity is continuing to do the same things and believing the outcome will change.

But I have continued to monitor this bored and think about what I see, especially from the leftist elements, and wonder about how they can continue to make the same claims and observations that, at the least ring hollow, and that at the most are totally ridiculous based on what I know and what seems obvious to me.

I truly believe that maybe they are just not ever exposed to a different viewpoint or perspective. There are many people who are experts on specific subject matter, eminently qualified to have an opinion, or present facts, about a subject, that they are just not exposed to. Maybe if they get some credible information from people who know the subject, and take time to verify the facts they present, it might open up their minds to a different perspective. But this assumes they are open to it, which may be a moot assumption in some cases.

Regardless, I am going to try. I will post, from time to time, a different perspective on a subject which is being discussed on this bored. I may or may not agree 100% with the opinions of the presenter, but I will probably agree with more than 50% of what they say, because, after all, it represents my perspective. I cannot vouch for every fact that is presented, but the presenter is responsible for that, and I would wager that most, if not all, the presenters have fact-checked themselves before presenting the fact.

I WILL NOT PARTICIPATE in any discussions. I will not get in a back and forth. I have been there, done that, and it does no good. I'm sure that a dissenting view to anything posted here can be found. It should not be hard to find, because there are people whose job it is to figure out how to counter any factual argument and make sure it is posted prominently on the internet. That is true for ANY SIDE of any argument. The trick is to think for yourself. Listen to what these people have to say and decide for yourself who has the more convincing and truthful argument.

Here's my first one. If it doesn't degrade into people calling each other names and maybe sparks some actual intellectual discussion, I might do more.

Dennis Prager has a long running, nationally syndicated talk show. He does not present himself as an objective journalist. He has a point of view, and he generally supports his point of view with cogent arguments and facts. He has created a website called PragerU, which presents his perspective in easy to digest 5 minute videos. I suggest you do away with the expected attacks on his person or his integity, which, again, are probably easily found because it is the first move to negate anything he might say, and concentrate on the content.

Good Luck
ICM!

Again.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#33 Post by Beebs52 » Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:43 pm

wbtravis007 wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:23 pm

Good Luck
ICM!

Again.
YCM kinda past the initial post, point, etc. But that's okay. I'm time hampered myself.
Well, then

flockofseagulls104

#34 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:27 pm

wbtravis007 wrote:

Good Luck
ICM!

Again.
Based on the inability of people like you to accept any perspective but your own. I changed my mind. What business is it of yours, anyway, troll? And what the hell does ICM mean?
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

tlynn78

#35 Post by tlynn78 » Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:58 am

Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:27 pm
wbtravis007 wrote:

Good Luck
ICM!

Again.
Based on the inability of people like you to accept any perspective but your own. I changed my mind. What business is it of yours, anyway, troll? And what the hell does ICM mean?

"ICM" is from wayback in the bored history, and was used to indicate, "I chuckle mildly." (as opposed to LMAO) - In this instance, I suspect "I'm changing meds" is more accurate.

wbtravis007

#36 Post by wbtravis007 » Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:59 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:58 am
Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:27 pm
wbtravis007 wrote:

ICM!

Again.

"ICM" is from wayback in the bored history, and was used to indicate, "I chuckle mildly." (as opposed to LMAO) - In this instance, I suspect "I'm changing meds" is more accurate.
Nope. It's: "I chortle mightily!"

Y'all are really hurting my feelings calling me a troll and talking about meds and what not.

Meanies!