Perspectives #1

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
flockofseagulls104

Perspectives #1

#1 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:27 pm

I have for a long time stayed off of this bored. I got tired of the arguments and pettiness, and I was finally disgusted with myself for being dragged into it and participating in it myself. Insanity is continuing to do the same things and believing the outcome will change.

But I have continued to monitor this bored and think about what I see, especially from the leftist elements, and wonder about how they can continue to make the same claims and observations that, at the least ring hollow, and that at the most are totally ridiculous based on what I know and what seems obvious to me.

I truly believe that maybe they are just not ever exposed to a different viewpoint or perspective. There are many people who are experts on specific subject matter, eminently qualified to have an opinion, or present facts, about a subject, that they are just not exposed to. Maybe if they get some credible information from people who know the subject, and take time to verify the facts they present, it might open up their minds to a different perspective. But this assumes they are open to it, which may be a moot assumption in some cases.

Regardless, I am going to try. I will post, from time to time, a different perspective on a subject which is being discussed on this bored. I may or may not agree 100% with the opinions of the presenter, but I will probably agree with more than 50% of what they say, because, after all, it represents my perspective. I cannot vouch for every fact that is presented, but the presenter is responsible for that, and I would wager that most, if not all, the presenters have fact-checked themselves before presenting the fact.

I WILL NOT PARTICIPATE in any discussions. I will not get in a back and forth. I have been there, done that, and it does no good. I'm sure that a dissenting view to anything posted here can be found. It should not be hard to find, because there are people whose job it is to figure out how to counter any factual argument and make sure it is posted prominently on the internet. That is true for ANY SIDE of any argument. The trick is to think for yourself. Listen to what these people have to say and decide for yourself who has the more convincing and truthful argument.

Here's my first one. If it doesn't degrade into people calling each other names and maybe sparks some actual intellectual discussion, I might do more.

https://www.prageru.com/video/the-end-of-womens-sports

Dennis Prager has a long running, nationally syndicated talk show. He does not present himself as an objective journalist. He has a point of view, and he generally supports his point of view with cogent arguments and facts. He has created a website called PragerU, which presents his perspective in easy to digest 5 minute videos. I suggest you do away with the expected attacks on his person or his integity, which, again, are probably easily found because it is the first move to negate anything he might say, and concentrate on the content.

Good Luck
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

silverscreenselect

Re: Perspectives #1

#2 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:23 pm

Flock:

It's good to have you back here, although I do wish you would stay more often.

Dennis Prager is more pleasant and soft-spoken than most, but expressing the same poorly supported arguments in a pleasant tone doesn't make them any more correct. The girl in the video filed a federal lawsuit against the Connecticut Interscholastic Athletic Conference which was dismissed because the two "boys" who defeated her in the race she mentions had graduated and she could not identify any other transgender athletes competing against her or the three other plaintiffs in the case. The girl in the video also did not mention that the two transgender athletes had been undergoing hormone therapy. The fact that their winning times wouldn't have qualified for the boy's championships is probably a good indication of the effectiveness of that therapy in regard to their performance.

The fact is that there isn't a flood of transgender male-to-female athletes dominating women's sports. There are a few examples that get undue amounts of media attention, usually in conservative media. The vast majority of transgender athletes aren't getting headlines because they weren't winning. The rest of the story from an ESPN article:
Karissa Niehoff, the executive director of the National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS), isn't clear on what all the fuss is about. "They're trying to put legislative momentum behind a problem that really doesn't exist," Niehoff says. This year, NFHS conducted an informal survey to see how many transgender athletes were competing across the country. "It was very, very few," she says.

There is no data available that provides an exact number of transgender students in high school, let alone transgender student-athletes. There are approximately 15 million high school students in the United States, and approximately 8 million of them participate in high school sports. A CDC study published in 2019 estimated that 1.8 percent of high school students are transgender, meaning there are roughly 270,000 transgender students in U.S. high schools. But a report by the Human Rights Campaign found that only 14% of transgender boys and 12% of transgender girls play sports. Given all of those numbers, it's statistically possible that there are some 35,000 transgender student-athletes in high school, which would mean 0.44% of high school athletes are transgender.

Even as a fraction of the athlete population, that's still considerably more transgender young people playing sports than have made headlines. That's because the overwhelming majority of them don't win championships. Connecticut Interscholastic Athletic Conference (CIAC) executive director Glenn Lungarini saw that phenomenon up close in his conversations with parents in the state. "What was very telling for me was a comment by the parents who said, 'We know that there's other transgender girls running, but we don't care about them because they're not winning,'" Lungarini says.
https://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/32 ... es-debates

There's no question that some athletes have advantages over others. Some have the benefit of years of private training and the best equipment and facilities at their schools. Some take various drugs. Athletic associations increasingly ban performance-enhancing drugs for that reason. The solution isn't a blanket ban on transgender athletes but finding appropriate requirements in regard to their hormone levels. The fact that two transgender athletes won a few races in Connecticut while hundreds of others are back in the pack with all the other competitors just means that these two happen to be better than their competition, not that there needs to be a blanket ban on transgender athletes.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

tlynn78

#3 Post by tlynn78 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:00 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:23 pm
Flock:

It's good to have you back here, although I do wish you would stay more often.

Dennis Prager is more pleasant and soft-spoken than most, but expressing the same poorly supported arguments in a pleasant tone doesn't make them any more correct. The girl in the video filed a federal lawsuit against the Connecticut Interscholastic Athletic Conference which was dismissed because the two "boys" who defeated her in the race she mentions had graduated and she could not identify any other transgender athletes competing against her or the three other plaintiffs in the case. The girl in the video also did not mention that the two transgender athletes had been undergoing hormone therapy. The fact that their winning times wouldn't have qualified for the boy's championships is probably a good indication of the effectiveness of that therapy in regard to their performance.

The fact is that there isn't a flood of transgender male-to-female athletes dominating women's sports. There are a few examples that get undue amounts of media attention, usually in conservative media. The vast majority of transgender athletes aren't getting headlines because they weren't winning. The rest of the story from an ESPN article:
Karissa Niehoff, the executive director of the National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS), isn't clear on what all the fuss is about. "They're trying to put legislative momentum behind a problem that really doesn't exist," Niehoff says. This year, NFHS conducted an informal survey to see how many transgender athletes were competing across the country. "It was very, very few," she says.

There is no data available that provides an exact number of transgender students in high school, let alone transgender student-athletes. There are approximately 15 million high school students in the United States, and approximately 8 million of them participate in high school sports. A CDC study published in 2019 estimated that 1.8 percent of high school students are transgender, meaning there are roughly 270,000 transgender students in U.S. high schools. But a report by the Human Rights Campaign found that only 14% of transgender boys and 12% of transgender girls play sports. Given all of those numbers, it's statistically possible that there are some 35,000 transgender student-athletes in high school, which would mean 0.44% of high school athletes are transgender.

Even as a fraction of the athlete population, that's still considerably more transgender young people playing sports than have made headlines. That's because the overwhelming majority of them don't win championships. Connecticut Interscholastic Athletic Conference (CIAC) executive director Glenn Lungarini saw that phenomenon up close in his conversations with parents in the state. "What was very telling for me was a comment by the parents who said, 'We know that there's other transgender girls running, but we don't care about them because they're not winning,'" Lungarini says.
https://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/32 ... es-debates

There's no question that some athletes have advantages over others. Some have the benefit of years of private training and the best equipment and facilities at their schools. Some take various drugs. Athletic associations increasingly ban performance-enhancing drugs for that reason. The solution isn't a blanket ban on transgender athletes but finding appropriate requirements in regard to their hormone levels. The fact that two transgender athletes won a few races in Connecticut while hundreds of others are back in the pack with all the other competitors just means that these two happen to be better than their competition, not that there needs to be a blanket ban on transgender athletes.
Great to see you back, Flock!
It damages actual young women if it knocks them out of contention for consideration of sports scholarships or recruitment. How many young women need to lose out before it's too many?
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#4 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:55 am

tlynn78 wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:00 am
It damages actual young women if it knocks them out of contention for consideration of sports scholarships or recruitment. How many young women need to lose out before it's too many?
It damages "actual young women" to have people deliberately misgender them out of some misguided desire to enforce an obsolete cultural norm. How many trans women need to commit suicide before it's too many? --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

tlynn78

#5 Post by tlynn78 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:59 am

Bob78164 wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:55 am
tlynn78 wrote:
It damages "actual young women" to have people deliberately misgender them out of some misguided desire to enforce an obsolete cultural norm. How many trans women need to commit suicide before it's too many? --Bob
Those individuals should certainly seek mental health assistance.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#6 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:48 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:59 am
Bob78164 wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:55 am
tlynn78 wrote:
Those individuals should certainly seek mental health assistance.
Many of those women are. And people like you are part of the reason so many of them need it. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#7 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:50 pm

Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

flockofseagulls104

#8 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:59 pm

silverscreenselect

#9 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:59 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
The entire gist of this girl's argument is that two boys who weren't good enough to compete on boys' teams pulled a Corporal Klinger and let their hair grow so they could win a girl's championship. She goes on about how hard she trained, and I'm sure she did. But I'd be willing to bet that those two transgender girls trained just as long and hard. If trans females had a huge advantage in women's sports, then the various championships would be dominated by them. Instead, their wins are few and far between (but get inordinate amounts of publicity).

The reason this girl's case got thrown out of federal court was because she couldn't point to any current harm she was suffering. For all the complaining about how "boys" are destroying women's sports, this was two transgender girls. Asking to bar transgender girls from high school athletics is the equivalent of trying to ban Jamaica from the Olympic Games because Usain Bolt is much faster than the competition in his race.

tlynn78

#10 Post by tlynn78 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:03 pm

Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:59 pm
tlynn78 wrote:
The entire gist of this girl's argument is that two boys who weren't good enough to compete on boys' teams pulled a Corporal Klinger and let their hair grow so they could win a girl's championship. She goes on about how hard she trained, and I'm sure she did. But I'd be willing to bet that those two transgender girls trained just as long and hard. If trans females had a huge advantage in women's sports, then the various championships would be dominated by them. Instead, their wins are few and far between (but get inordinate amounts of publicity).

The reason this girl's case got thrown out of federal court was because she couldn't point to any current harm she was suffering. For all the complaining about how "boys" are destroying women's sports, this was two transgender girls. Asking to bar transgender girls from high school athletics is the equivalent of trying to ban Jamaica from the Olympic Games because Usain Bolt is much faster than the competition in his race.
Then why have separation of sexes for sports at all? And the Usain Bolt thing is an utterly false comparison, unless I've missed that he's only running in women's races.

jarnon

#11 Post by jarnon » Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:18 pm

SSS didn’t address the argument in the video that trans girls have an unfair advantage because of body changes at puberty, even if they take hormones later. To be fair, female athletes who went through puberty as boys should compete on men’s teams.

Whatever team they belong to, trans athletes deserve respect and protection against harassment. Nobody goes through the ordeal of gender transition on a whim, or to get an unfair advantage in sports. Education and strict anti-discrimination policies are a must.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

silverscreenselect

#12 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:24 pm

I'm not going to comment about the professor of theology who professes to be an expert on the differences between the sexes.

As far as the MMA fighter is concerned, MMA is a very rough sport. Fighters get hurt badly all the time. Joao Carvalho died hours after a match in which he took 41 blows to the head. On the female side, Saeideh Aletaha died after suffering a brain injury in a fight. Orbital fractures like Tamikka Brents suffered are common too. About 14% of eye injuries in MMA are orbital fractures. The overall injury rate in MMA competition is over 20%, with head injuries, including fractures and concussions, the most common. So Brents took a beating, but it's not all that surprising considering the nature of the sport.

That's especially true in the lower levels where Fallon Fox and her opponent Tamikka Brents fought. The disparity in talent at those levels can be considerable. Tamikka Brents wound up her career with a 2-4 record. She wasn't very good. None of the fighters that Fox beat had a winning record. In her only match against a decent fighter, Fox lost decisively. Fallon Fox pretty much retired from the sport after the Brents fight when she became too controversial and booking fights for her became a hot potato item in MMA. As far as Fox's biological "advantage," she was competing against women in the same weight class (featherweight). Further, from Wikipedia:
Eric Vilain, the director of the Institute For Society And Genetics at UCLA, worked with the Association of Boxing Commissions when they wrote their policy on transgender athletes. He stated in Time magazine that "Male to female transsexuals have significantly less muscle strength and bone density, and higher fat mass, than males" and said that, to be licensed, transgender female fighters must undergo complete "surgical anatomical changes ..., including external genitalia and gonadectomy" and subsequently a minimum of two years of hormone replacement therapy, administered by a board certified specialist. In general concurrence with peer-reviewed scientific literature, he states this to be "the current understanding of the minimum amount of time necessary to obviate male hormone gender related advantages in sports competition". Vilain reviewed Fox's medical records and said she has "clearly fulfilled all conditions." When asked if Fox could, nonetheless, be stronger than her competitors, Vilain replied that it was possible, but noted that "sports is made up of competitors who, by definition, have advantages for all kinds of genetics reasons".

BackInTex

#13 Post by BackInTex » Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:39 pm

So....much....crap....
The girl in the video filed a federal lawsuit against the Connecticut Interscholastic Athletic Conference which was dismissed because the two "boys" who defeated her in the race she mentions had graduated and she could not identify any other transgender athletes competing against her or the three other plaintiffs in the case.
How is that a supporting argument? If a thief no longer has possession of the stolen article he is still a thief. If a thief has stolen all there is to steal and there is nothing left to steal, he is still a thief. If a thief steals from you, and then later gives back the items, he is still a thief.
The girl in the video also did not mention that the two transgender athletes had been undergoing hormone therapy.
....after they have reaped the physical size and muscle mass benefits of going through puberty with male hormones.

The fact that their winning times wouldn't have qualified for the boy's championships is probably a good indication of the effectiveness of that therapy in regard to their performance.
It's a better indication that they were mediocre in the first place. Look at the statistics shown about the world class female athlete whose best times were bested by 300 high school boys.
The fact is that there isn't a flood of transgender male-to-female athletes dominating women's sports.
There aren't a flood of transgender athletes to begin with. But does quantity matter? A few slaves is O.K.? Just not a flood of the them?
Not minimizing the poor psychological health of these folks. I do feel sorry for them. But their mental state is not a supporting argument to allow them to tread on the rights of others.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#14 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:02 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:39 pm
Not minimizing the poor psychological health of these folks. I do feel sorry for them. But their mental state is not a supporting argument to allow them to tread on the rights of others.
I'd believe you felt sorry for them if I hadn't seen you, right here on this very Bored, contributing to the damage. But it's clear that you, like tgirl, insist on your "right" to impose an obsolete cultural construct on them over their vehement objection, no matter what damage that insistence causes.

Saying that objecting to being misgendered is "tread[ing] on the rights of others" is pretty much the same as saying that objecting to use of the n-word is treading on the rights of others. --Bob

tlynn78

#15 Post by tlynn78 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:07 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:02 pm
BackInTex wrote:
I'd believe you felt sorry for them if I hadn't seen you, right here on this very Bored, contributing to the damage. But it's clear that you, like tgirl, insist on your "right" to impose an obsolete cultural construct on them over their vehement objection, no matter what damage that insistence causes.

Saying that objecting to being misgendered is "tread[ing] on the rights of others" is pretty much the same as saying that objecting to use of the n-word is treading on the rights of others. --Bob
You are a complete fecking tool. I'm not imposing anything on anyone. Hey, I even play 'the floor is lava' with my grandkids. I just don't set the floor on fire to make it so.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#16 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:21 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:07 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:02 pm
BackInTex wrote:

You are a complete fecking tool. I'm not imposing anything on anyone. Hey, I even play 'the floor is lava' with my grandkids. I just don't set the floor on fire to make it so.
Whatever you say, mister. --Bob

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#17 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:23 pm

Obsolete cultural construct.

Actually that is the crux of the argument. Biological sexual identification is an absolute from birth, with the exception, I guess, of hermaphrodites.

It has nothing to do with what one identifies as or what one chooses to love/screw, etc. I don't give a rat's ass. Has nothing to do with working, voting, blah blah.

It does have to do with anything biologically sexually specific, like, oh, some sports?

You, Bob, aren't the arbiter of cultural constructs. That's pretty involved. Not sure you're on that committee.
Well, then

tlynn78

#18 Post by tlynn78 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:42 pm

:wink:
Beebs52 wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:23 pm

Actually that is the crux of the argument. Biological sexual identification is an absolute from birth, with the exception, I guess, of hermaphrodites.

It has nothing to do with what one identifies as or what one chooses to love/screw, etc. I don't give a rat's ass. Has nothing to do with working, voting, blah blah.

It does have to do with anything biologically sexually specific, like, oh, some sports?

You, Bob, aren't the arbiter of cultural constructs. That's pretty involved. Not sure you're on that committee.

But, he's got all those pearls to clutch...

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#19 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:10 pm

Beebs52 wrote:

Notice that I haven't weighed in at all on the sports issue. I haven't looked into it enough to have an informed opinion.

But it doesn't take extensive research to know that the intentional cruelty of deliberately misgendering someone is wrong, and that's where I'm taking issue with the Bored's only (as far as I know) elected official. Deliberate cruelty is not okay. And standing by and saying nothing only encourages the practice.

It's a free country -- tgirl can refer to people using any pronouns he likes. But I'll call it out each and every time, and if there's anyone who doesn't like it, that's too damn bad. --Bob

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#20 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:20 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:42 pm
Beebs52 wrote:

Considering the damage you're doing, that's a pretty fucking cavalier attitude for anyone to take, much less an elected public official.

Let me ask you something. Have you ever actually met and talked to one of the people you insist on misgendering? Faced them and explained to them why it's so important for you to impose this pain upon them? Told them why your insistence on using your preferred pronouns for them is more important than their pain? Have you ever confronted the consequences of your actions? Or do you simply prefer to own the libs, no matter whom it hurts? --Bob

Bob Juch

#21 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:45 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:20 pm
tlynn78 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:

Considering the damage you're doing, that's a pretty fucking cavalier attitude for anyone to take, much less an elected public official.

Let me ask you something. Have you ever actually met and talked to one of the people you insist on misgendering? Faced them and explained to them why it's so important for you to impose this pain upon them? Told them why your insistence on using your preferred pronouns for them is more important than their pain? Have you ever confronted the consequences of your actions? Or do you simply prefer to own the libs, no matter whom it hurts? --Bob
That
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#22 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:54 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:20 pm
tlynn78 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:

Tell us again the damage tgirl has caused by misgendering. Or when she has misgendered anyone.

Unlike your misgendering of her right here. Tho I think she ain't damaged.

I think you love bloviating about IMPORTANT STUFF with which you have no personal actual gut level caring, other than as a jumping point to reinforce your INTENTION to make sure no repubs blahblahyada. By golly.
Well, then

silverscreenselect

#23 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:55 pm

BackInTex wrote:
The fact is that there isn't a flood of transgender male-to-female athletes dominating women's sports.
There aren't a flood of transgender athletes to begin with. But does quantity matter? A few slaves is O.K.? Just not a flood of the them?
I didn't say there weren't a flood of transgender athletes. I said there weren't a flood of such athletes dominating women's sports. There aren't a flood of transgender athletes, but there are thousands of them playing high school sports. There would undoubtedly be more but for the harsh treatment they often get at the hands of those interested in "fairness." And most of them don't win, just like most cisgendered athletes don't win. If transgendered girls had such an overwhelming advantage over cisgendered girls, you would expect them to be winning events and championships by the boatload. But they're not.

Sports has never been a completely even playing field. Shaquille O'Neal had a big advantage over most basketball players because he was a lot taller and powerfully muscled. Michael Phelps has a big advantage over other swimmers for similar reasons.

In some bizarre notion of "fairness," you want to overlook every advantage some athletes have over others except for one and then you ignore the best indicator of how much of an advantage being born male is... the competitive results. Transgendered athletes do win occasionally. But training, practice, coaching, equipment, and other factors have a lot to do with that, just as they do with cisgendred athletes.

The girl in the video (who is currently running track at the College of Charleston) lost for the same reason that every other runner loses. Others were faster, both ciswomen and transwomen.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#24 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:07 pm

Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:55 pm
BackInTex wrote:
I didn't say there weren't a flood of transgender athletes. I said there weren't a flood of such athletes dominating women's sports. There aren't a flood of transgender athletes, but there are thousands of them playing high school sports. There would undoubtedly be more but for the harsh treatment they often get at the hands of those interested in "fairness." And most of them don't win, just like most cisgendered athletes don't win. If transgendered girls had such an overwhelming advantage over cisgendered girls, you would expect them to be winning events and championships by the boatload. But they're not.

Sports has never been a completely even playing field. Shaquille O'Neal had a big advantage over most basketball players because he was a lot taller and powerfully muscled. Michael Phelps has a big advantage over other swimmers for similar reasons.

In some bizarre notion of "fairness," you want to overlook every advantage some athletes have over others except for one and then you ignore the best indicator of how much of an advantage being born male is... the competitive results. Transgendered athletes do win occasionally. But training, practice, coaching, equipment, and other factors have a lot to do with that, just as they do with cisgendred athletes.

The girl in the video (who is currently running track at the College of Charleston) lost for the same reason that every other runner loses. Others were faster, both ciswomen and transwomen.
I'm only highlighting the above because I think you don't always state truthful stuff. Where are your figures?
Well, then

Bob Juch

#25 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:20 pm

NCAA Has Updated Its Policy On Transgender Participation

https://thespun.com/more/top-stories/nc ... ticipation
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.