Bruce Willis was busy in 2021

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Vandal
Director of Promos

Bruce Willis was busy in 2021

#1 Post by Vandal » Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:22 pm

Here is a list of movies he was in last year:

Cosmic Sin
Midnight in the Switchgrass
Out of Death
Survive the Game
Apex
Hair of the Dog
Fortress (sequel for this coming in 2022.)

Anyone watch any of these? Does the term “direct to DVD” still exist?

This should make Nic Cage very jealous.
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

BackInTex

Re: Bruce Willis was busy in 2021

#2 Post by BackInTex » Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:30 pm

Vandal wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:22 pm

Cosmic Sin
Out of Death
Survive the Game
Apex
Hair of the Dog

Wow. I was in the same number of good movies he was.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#3 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:08 pm

Vandal wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:22 pm

Cosmic Sin
Out of Death
Survive the Game
Apex
Hair of the Dog

It's now called "direct to VOD." These films show up as rentals on VUDU and similar sites and then go to DVD and Netflix or Hulu. Actors like Willis typically play roles that allow them to film all their scenes in one or two days. They pretty much lend their name to a project for a paycheck.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Vandal
Director of Promos

#4 Post by Vandal » Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:24 pm

Bruce Willis Has Aphasia and Is 'Stepping Away' from Acting, Family Reveals

Bruce Willis is retiring from acting after being diagnosed with aphasia.

The 67-year-old actor's family shared the news on Instagram Wednesday, writing alongside a photo of him on their Instagram feeds, "To Bruce's amazing supporters, as a family we wanted to share that our beloved Bruce has been experiencing some health issues and has recently been diagnosed with aphasia, which is impacting his cognitive abilities."

"As a result of this and with much consideration Bruce is stepping away from the career that has meant so much to him," the caption added.

https://people.com/health/bruce-willis- ... om-acting/
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man

silverscreenselect

#5 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Mar 31, 2022 1:18 pm

I commented on Twitter that the social media reaction to the news about Willis was far less vicious than it might have been if this news became public a week earlier, before the Oscars.

Vandal
Director of Promos

#6 Post by Vandal » Thu Mar 31, 2022 1:20 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 1:18 pm
I commented on Twitter that the social media reaction to the news about Willis was far less vicious than it might have been if this news became public a week earlier, before the Oscars.
It might explain the title of this thread.
Available now:
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man

silverscreenselect

#7 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:30 am

The Razzie Awards announced that they have rescinded the "Award" they gave Willis at their ceremony last week. They created a new category (which was only intended to be a one-off anyway) called "Worst Performance by Bruce Willis in a 2021 film." The winner was Cosmic Sin, one of the films on Vandal's list. The founders of the Razzies issued a statement:
After much thought and consideration, the Razzies have made the decision to rescind the Razzie Award given to Bruce Willis, due to his recently disclosed diagnosis. If someone's medical condition is a factor in their decision making and/or their performance, we acknowledge that it is not appropriate to give them a Razzie.
The Razzies also announced that they rescinded the Worst Actress nomination they gave Shelley Duvall for The Shining after revelations surfaced about her mistreatment on the movie set by director Stanley Kubrick.

FYI, Willis has already completed several movies scheduled for release in 2022 or 2023. He often made one- or two-scene appearances that could be filmed in a short time just so the movies could get his name in the credits.

silverscreenselect

#8 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:18 pm

Bruce Willis showed signs of aphasia on set, directors say
Bruce Willis' struggle with aphasia was apparent when he was shooting some of his more recent films, say directors who worked with him and who have now discussed his condition after Willis' family made his diagnosis public this week....

Director Mike Burns, who worked with Willis on the 2021 film Out of Death, told the Los Angeles Times that he had to condense all of the actor's material down to one day of filming. "After the first day of working with Bruce, I could see it firsthand and I realized that there was a bigger issue at stake here and why I had been asked to shorten his lines," Burns said. Burns collaborated with Willis again on the film The Wrong Place, which is scheduled for release this year, but he had concerns about his mental faculties. When filming began, Burns thought Willis' condition "was worse" and decided not to work with him again. "I am relieved that he is taking time off," he said.

Jesse V. Johnson, who more recently directed Willis on White Elephant (which does not yet have a release date), said "it was clear that he was not the Bruce I remembered," having worked with Willis decades before as a stuntman. Johnson, too, decided not to make another movie with Willis after that experience. "We are all Bruce Willis fans, and the arrangement felt wrong and ultimately a rather sad end to an incredible career, one that none of us felt comfortable with," Johnson said.

Reality star Lala Kent of Bravo's Vanderpump Rules also shared an incident with the Times, discussing the period during which she worked with Willis on the 2020 film Hard Kill. Kent alleges Willis repeatedly fired a prop gun prematurely on the wrong cue. "Because my back was to him, I wasn't aware of what was happening behind me. But the first time, it was like, 'No big deal, let's reset,'" she said. However, there are dueling accounts of this incident. Randall Emmett, Kent's ex and a producer on the film, denied it happened, as did the film's armorer.

"Bruce and I have worked on over 20 films together," Emmett wrote in a statement he shared on Instagram. "He is a terrific actor and legendary action star, an incredible father, and a close friend. I fully support Bruce and his family during this challenging time and admire him for his courage in battling this incredibly difficult medical condition. Bruce will always be a part of my family."
I've seen a couple of Willis's more recent DTV films. He has supporting roles that don't require him to do a lot and usually just a handful of scenes. I attributed this to disinterest and a desire to get a quick paycheck in return for the use of his name in the credits. But this article indicates there may have been more to the attitude that he projected onscreen.

Vandal
Director of Promos

#9 Post by Vandal » Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:38 pm

Actor Bruce Willis Becomes First Celebrity to Sell Rights to Deepfake Firm

Action movie legend Bruce Willis has just become the first Hollywood actor to sell his rights to the possibility of a "digital twin" to the US firm Deepcake, according to The Telegraph. With the use of deepfake technology, Willis has offered his likeness to be used onscreen for future projects, following his first experience with the digital media manipulation in a commercial for Russian phone service, MegaFon, last year.

Deepfake technology allows for the use of a person's likeness to be superimposed over another individual. Through the use of machine learning and AI, it's possible to create a visual and audio "twin" of someone in videos. Though the ability to recreate someone so nearly-flawlessly does raise a few ethical questions, the technology has already been utilized within the Star Wars universe with Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, as well as The Mandalorian Season 2. In 2021, Willis gave permission to Deepcake in order to appear in a commercial, allowing his face to be "digitally transplanted onto another performer." Now, the actor has officially sold the rights to his likeness to be essentially "hired" by Deepcake for future productions.

https://collider.com/bruce-willis-sells ... -deepcake/
Available now:
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man

silverscreenselect

#10 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:12 pm

Vandal wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:38 pm
Actor Bruce Willis Becomes First Celebrity to Sell Rights to Deepfake Firm

Action movie legend Bruce Willis has just become the first Hollywood actor to sell his rights to the possibility of a "digital twin" to the US firm Deepcake, according to The Telegraph. With the use of deepfake technology, Willis has offered his likeness to be used onscreen for future projects, following his first experience with the digital media manipulation in a commercial for Russian phone service, MegaFon, last year.

Deepfake technology allows for the use of a person's likeness to be superimposed over another individual. Through the use of machine learning and AI, it's possible to create a visual and audio "twin" of someone in videos. Though the ability to recreate someone so nearly-flawlessly does raise a few ethical questions, the technology has already been utilized within the Star Wars universe with Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, as well as The Mandalorian Season 2. In 2021, Willis gave permission to Deepcake in order to appear in a commercial, allowing his face to be "digitally transplanted onto another performer." Now, the actor has officially sold the rights to his likeness to be essentially "hired" by Deepcake for future productions.

https://collider.com/bruce-willis-sells ... -deepcake/
Along the same line:

James Earl Jones Signs Over Rights To Voice Of Darth Vader
James Earl Jones – one of the most distinctive voices in the history of film – appears to have made steps to step back from voicing the Star Wars character, Darth Vader, after nearly 40 years in the role. Vanity Fair reports that the actor, aged 91, has signed over the rights to his voice to filmmakers using new AI, technology, Matthew Wood of Lucasfilm told the magazine that the actor “wished to keep Vader alive”
When Disney made Rogue One, they got the approval of Peter Cushing's estate before superimposing a digital recreation of Cushing's face on another actor's body.

BackInTex

#11 Post by BackInTex » Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:20 pm

Any actor that allows this for their likeness is, in my opinion, a sell out, a scab, a traitor to their trade.

Any use of an actor's likeness is preventing another actor or actress to perform. I don't have the right words to express my distaste for this. Not just from a delivered product (because it will suck as bad as CGI) but because it will inhibit the opportunitiy for new blood to enter the industry.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

earendel

#12 Post by earendel » Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:39 am

BackInTex wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:20 pm
Any actor that allows this for their likeness is, in my opinion, a sell out, a scab, a traitor to their trade.

Any use of an actor's likeness is preventing another actor or actress to perform. I don't have the right words to express my distaste for this. Not just from a delivered product (because it will suck as bad as CGI) but because it will inhibit the opportunitiy for new blood to enter the industry.
Apparently this isn't true - Bruce Willis didn't sell the rights to his image. He did allow his face to be used for a commercial for a Russian telecom last year, but that's the extent of it.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."