Payback's a...well, you know...

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

Payback's a...well, you know...

#1 Post by T_Bone0806 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:18 am

Last night the Bills did to the Patriots what Tommy did to the Gatlin boys ("...and there were three of them!") in the song "Coward of the County". Allow me to change the lyrics slightly..

"Twenty years of crawling were bottled up inside them
They weren't holding nothing back, they let 'em have it all
When the Bills left Highmark Stadium, not a Patriot was standing
They said, "This one's for Bills Mafia", as they watched the last one fall".

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

jaybee

Re: Payback's a...well, you know...

#2 Post by jaybee » Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:51 pm

I didn't realize that the Pats played last night.

Oh Wait!
Jaybee

tlynn78

#3 Post by tlynn78 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:17 pm

T_Bone0806 wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:18 am
Last night the Bills did to the Patriots what Tommy did to the Gatlin boys ("...and there were three of them!") in the song "Coward of the County". Allow me to change the lyrics slightly..

"Twenty years of crawling were bottled up inside them
They weren't holding nothing back, they let 'em have it all
When the Bills left Highmark Stadium, not a Patriot was standing
They said, "This one's for Bills Mafia", as they watched the last one fall".

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That ame was fun to watch.. The other league I'm in goes through the playoffs, and I'm in first for the week by virtue of being the only one to pick San Fran.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Vandal
Director of Promos

#4 Post by Vandal » Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:59 pm

First off, congratulations to Bills fans who have been waiting for this moment for a very long time. That was a complete ass kicking from beginning to end. Josh Allen was as close to perfect as I’ve ever seen. I hope they continue on because they are a fun and entertaining team.

When the season started, most Pats fans I know would have considered making the playoffs an overachievement. A rookie QB (after a year of the dreadful Cam Newton), a slew of free agents and an aging defense typically don’t add up to success. They had a streak of good luck during the season that propelled them into the postseason, but anyone who watched the games knew they had major flaws.

I’m pretty sure the Pats will bounce back in year two of the Mac Jones era. He has major upside and did not appear to be psyched out by the NFL, like some other young QBs.

I can see the Bills winning it all, except for one scenario. Hmm, who could stop them?
Spoiler

Let’s f*cking go!

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

#5 Post by T_Bone0806 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:57 pm

Vandal wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:59 pm
First off, congratulations to Bills fans who have been waiting for this moment for a very long time. That was a complete ass kicking from beginning to end. Josh Allen was as close to perfect as I’ve ever seen. I hope they continue on because they are a fun and entertaining team.

When the season started, most Pats fans I know would have considered making the playoffs an overachievement. A rookie QB (after a year of the dreadful Cam Newton), a slew of free agents and an aging defense typically don’t add up to success. They had a streak of good luck during the season that propelled them into the postseason, but anyone who watched the games knew they had major flaws.

I’m pretty sure the Pats will bounce back in year two of the Mac Jones era. He has major upside and did not appear to be psyched out by the NFL, like some other young QBs.

I can see the Bills winning it all, except for one scenario. Hmm, who could stop them?
Spoiler

Let’s f*cking go!

Thank you for that, vandal. Remember how you felt in 2004...when the Sox became the first team in MLB history to come back from a 3 games to none deficit in a best of 7 series? Against the team that had caused them so much grief all those years? For that comeback to truly exorcise the demons, it HAD to be the Yankees and it HAD to be a complete humiliation. And to truly banish the Curse of The Bambino, they had to go on to win the World Series. I understood that. Didn't like it, but I understood it. To be honest, a little tiny part of me thought, "Awww, hell, the long haul fans, the ones who suffered all their lives, deserve this".

So yeah, we Bills fans are feeling a wee bit of that. And it HAD to be a complete humiliation for that feeling of redemption. But of course, it won't be complete unless our season ends in a similar fashion to that of the 2004 Sox, with the Bills as the last team standing. For the redemption to truly be complete, it really has to be with the defeat of TB14, however. But we can't think about that now...the Chiefs still have to be considered the cream of the AFC, getting past them will be one hell of a tall order..everyone will need to bring their A game, and play mistake free. Even if we somehow get through them, the Titans or Bengals are not exactly pushovers. So we have two games to win before we can even think about playing for the Lombardi.

But, damn, this win did feel good.
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

Vandal
Director of Promos

#6 Post by Vandal » Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:20 pm

T_Bone0806 wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:57 pm
Vandal wrote:

Spoiler

Let’s f*cking go!

Thank you for that, vandal. Remember how you felt in 2004...when the Sox became the first team in MLB history to come back from a 3 games to none deficit in a best of 7 series? Against the team that had caused them so much grief all those years? For that comeback to truly exorcise the demons, it HAD to be the Yankees and it HAD to be a complete humiliation. And to truly banish the Curse of The Bambino, they had to go on to win the World Series. I understood that. Didn't like it, but I understood it. To be honest, a little tiny part of me thought, "Awww, hell, the long haul fans, the ones who suffered all their lives, deserve this".

So yeah, we Bills fans are feeling a wee bit of that. And it HAD to be a complete humiliation for that feeling of redemption. But of course, it won't be complete unless our season ends in a similar fashion to that of the 2004 Sox, with the Bills as the last team standing. For the redemption to truly be complete, it really has to be with the defeat of TB14, however. But we can't think about that now...the Chiefs still have to be considered the cream of the AFC, getting past them will be one hell of a tall order..everyone will need to bring their A game, and play mistake free. Even if we somehow get through them, the Titans or Bengals are not exactly pushovers. So we have two games to win before we can even think about playing for the Lombardi.

But, damn, this win did feel good.
I like watching entertaining football and only truly despise a few teams (Colts, Steelers, Giants, Ravens and Cowboys) so I’m fine with any AFC matchup. My pick for the NFC is the 49ers, but I wouldn’t be surprised if the Bucs make it there again. By the way,I don’t think anyone fears TB14, but they do fear

Spoiler
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#7 Post by SportsFan68 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:30 pm

I loved that game! I never watch every minute of a football game (except the Broncos) . . . except this one. What a game!
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

#8 Post by T_Bone0806 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:22 am

Vandal wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:20 pm
...they do fear

Spoiler

OK, I dunno where the 14 came from. Perhaps the trauma of what the number 12 inflicted on my psyche all those years caused that massive brain fart.
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

Scott Norwood
Merry Man

#9 Post by Scott Norwood » Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:31 am

Vandal wrote:
I can't imagine!
D'oh! Wide right!

Vandal
Director of Promos

#10 Post by Vandal » Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:48 pm

Tom Brady - 44
Kyle Shanahan - 42
Matt LaFleur - 42
Sean McVay - 35

Tom Brady is older than every opposing NFC head coach remaining in the Playoffs!
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man

Vandal
Director of Promos

#11 Post by Vandal » Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:42 pm

For the first time in over 30 years, both top seeds (Titans and Packers) lost in the divisional round. The Aaron Rodgers Super Bowl appearance count remains at one.

Meanwhile…
Available now:
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man

Vandal
Director of Promos

#12 Post by Vandal » Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:19 pm

The world won’t have to worry about another TB12 Super Bowl. Heck of a comeback, though.
Available now:
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man

Appa23

#13 Post by Appa23 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:58 pm

Ownership of the Bills transferred from Brady to Mahomes.

Appa23

#14 Post by Appa23 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:04 pm

Vandal wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:19 pm
The world won’t have to worry about another TB12 Super Bowl. Heck of a comeback, though.
Almost a historic choke by Rams.

Both games today were lost by a defense allowing free running down the middle of the field as part of their prevent defense.

I bet Cowboys fans watched the Rams and Chiefs execute at the end of the game and thought, “oh, that is how a competent coach and quarterback handle a field goal drill.”

Vandal
Director of Promos

#15 Post by Vandal » Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:44 pm

I feel for the Buffalo fans who get no championship game after their team played so well.
Available now:
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#16 Post by Bob78164 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:07 pm

You'd think that when you walk off the field of a playoff game up 3 points with 13 seconds left, it's probably not gonna be your last play of the season. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Vandal
Director of Promos

#17 Post by Vandal » Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:03 am

Ratings were way up for last weekend's games:

WINDOW..GAME.NET...RTG...+/-.VWRS..+/-

Late Sun. BUF-KC CBS 21.7 +20% 42.74M +21%
Early Sun. LAR-TB NBC 19.8 +8% 38.14M +11%
Prime Sat. SF-GB FOX 17.8 +30% 36.92M +41%
Early Sat. CIN-TEN CBS 15.8 +13% 30.75M +16%
Available now:
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man

Appa23

#18 Post by Appa23 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:18 am

Vandal wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:03 am
Ratings were way up for last weekend's games:

WINDOW..GAME.NET...RTG...+/-.VWRS..+/-

Late Sun. BUF-KC CBS 21.7 +20% 42.74M +21%
Early Sun. LAR-TB NBC 19.8 +8% 38.14M +11%
Prime Sat. SF-GB FOX 17.8 +30% 36.92M +41%
Early Sat. CIN-TEN CBS 15.8 +13% 30.75M +16%
For comparison, last year the early Saturday game was Rams-Packers, the Saturday night game was Bills-Ravens, the Sunday afternoon game was Chiefs-Browns, and the Sunday night game was Bucs-Saints.

Spock

#19 Post by Spock » Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:59 am

Kind of interesting that Craig Bohl (Wyoming coach) has 2 starting NFL QB's.

Josh Allen and Carson Wentz (from his NDSU days).