You Go Girl, I Guess

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Message
Author
User avatar
Weyoun
Posts: 1881
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:36 pm

Re: You Go Girl, I Guess

#26 Post by Weyoun » Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:44 am

Beebs52 wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:04 pm
Weyoun, you first said it

"But beyond that, I do not really care about the issue, because I don’t care about marginal Ivy League sports"

Regardless of the school, which you also mischaracterized, swimming is not "marginal" nor confined to Ivy League competitions.
When was the last time SportsCenter covered ivy league sports that were not football or basketball or the Beanpot?

I realize you and that blowhard are just arguing just to argue this point, but no one would’ve cared about this athletic event had it not been for the transgender athlete involved.

The fact that folks like you get the vapors over this essentially irrelevant athletic event while ignoring much larger problems in society is pretty much all I need to know about your clown political views.

User avatar
Weyoun
Posts: 1881
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:36 pm

Re: You Go Girl, I Guess

#27 Post by Weyoun » Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:47 am

BackInTex wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:34 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:04 pm
Weyoun, you first said it

"But beyond that, I do not really care about the issue, because I don’t care about marginal Ivy League sports"

Regardless of the school, which you also mischaracterized, swimming is not "marginal" nor confined to Ivy League competitions.
Don't argue facts with him. He has greater knowledge and knows everything. He probably listens to his patients the same way. People get the wrong kidneys removed by people like him. "Doc I told you to remove my left kidney". "I did, I removed the kidney on the left."
Just as an experiment, could you try arguing with me by arguing the actual facts, instead of (1) suggesting I’m a terrible parent or (2) a dangerous, incompetent professional?

Just give it a shot. I know might be a stretch for you, but I think you might like the idea of actually engaging someone else on the intellectual level.

I’ll admit, I think you’ve got some pretty abhorrent moral views, but I’ve never tried to make it that personal. I’ve never questioned your ability to raise a child or your ability to do your job.

I would appreciate it if you engaged me on the same level.

User avatar
BackInTex
Posts: 11897
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:43 pm
Location: In Texas of course!

Re: You Go Girl, I Guess

#28 Post by BackInTex » Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:38 am

Weyoun wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:44 am
Beebs52 wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:04 pm
Weyoun, you first said it

"But beyond that, I do not really care about the issue, because I don’t care about marginal Ivy League sports"

Regardless of the school, which you also mischaracterized, swimming is not "marginal" nor confined to Ivy League competitions.
When was the last time SportsCenter covered ivy league sports that were not football or basketball or the Beanpot?

I realize you and that blowhard are just arguing just to argue this point, but no one would’ve cared about this athletic event had it not been for the transgender athlete involved.

The fact that folks like you get the vapors over this essentially irrelevant athletic event while ignoring much larger problems in society is pretty much all I need to know about your clown political views.
First, you are correct. I wouldn't have even known about this particular event just like you didn't know about the particular event that caused the death of a friend of mine at church. Though I did have two daughters who competed at the collegiate level, one in swimming and one in track that makes the issue a personal one. I'm not ignoring what I think is a large and growing problem in society because there are others, thus this and my initial thread. Are you a single issue person?

There are many problems in society. Whether they are larger than this is a personal ranking. I can't rank this one against others such has growing crime and the lack of accountability, homelessness, loss of family values, etc. It's like trying to rank having a bullet through the head or through the heart. I believe they are all detrimental to our society and I believe it is devolving as a result.

Just as an experiment, could you try arguing with me by arguing the actual facts, instead of (1) suggesting I’m a terrible parent or (2) a dangerous, incompetent professional?

Just give it a shot. I know might be a stretch for you, but I think you might like the idea of actually engaging someone else on the intellectual level.
I'll answer 2) first. You've held yourself out as the expert, without fault, and dismissed anything contrary to your authoritative opinion. You've called those who disagree with your "facts" idiots. This is where I get the "arrogance" tag for you from. As I've commented before, I nearly died because of such arrogance, a doctor who would not even consider facts presented to him that might mean his initial diagnosis is wrong, because I was not a doctor (I ended up being right, and likely a day or two away from dying or at least not being able to fully recover). I see your similar arrogance displayed here and if that arrogance here is also how you are in your practice, I view you the same as my previous doctor, dangerous. Hopefully you are not and you listen to your patients and consider the possibilities that the A+B+C = D you've learned in medical school and your years in practice is not always correct, because maybe B was really b.

There are plenty of medical doctors out there who will disagree with many of your "facts". None of them deny there is Covid, and people are getting sick and many are dying. I don't think anyone here has done that. However many are do not feel the restrictions (masks, business closures, etc.) are effective enough to warrant some of the draconian measures implemented by our government (and many of those abroad).

I don't have time to go back through the many threads to see who fired the first shot. But I'm willing to call a truce on the insults, if you are.

1) As I said above, I had two daughters who competed in athletics, and both have daughters of their own now who, based solely on the genes they should have received from them and their husbands, will be in competitive athletics as well. So this is a personal issue. I should have just stated my opinion about the advice and left it at that.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
Bob78164
Bored Moderator
Posts: 20716
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Location: By the phone

Re: You Go Girl, I Guess

#29 Post by Bob78164 » Sun Dec 12, 2021 12:19 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:38 am
However many . . . do not feel the restrictions (masks, business closures, etc.) are effective enough to warrant some of the draconian measures implemented by our government (and many of those abroad).
Whether particular prophylactic measures are "warrant[ed]" in this context is not a medical opinion. It is a moral judgment about our values as a society and a balancing of interests, albeit a judgment that is informed by some underlying facts.

Specifically, the underlying facts are quantifications of the transmissibility and danger of COVID and the safety of extant vaccinations. I think the data on both of the latter are sufficiently clear to put them beyond reasonable debate. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
jaybee
Posts: 1918
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:44 pm
Location: Knoxville, TN

Re: You Go Girl, I Guess

#30 Post by jaybee » Sun Dec 12, 2021 1:04 pm

There are plenty of medical doctors out there who will disagree with many of your "facts". None of them deny there is Covid, and people are getting sick and many are dying. I don't think anyone here has done that. However many are do not feel the restrictions (masks, business closures, etc.) are effective enough to warrant some of the draconian measures implemented by our government (and many of those abroad).

Wandering off topic but I feel the need to point out that it is impossible for anyone to reach a conclusion as to the effectiveness of mask mandates since we have not had a mask mandate over the entire run of Covid.

Yeah, yeah, I know - But what about all those mask mandates ...... In a word "mandate" meaning mandatory has never happened. A mask mandate is proven to be very effective but almost everyone must be a part. In dealing with a highly contagious disease like Covid, a small number of people in an enclosed area can cause things to spread quickly (pretty well proven as well - this is what's happened over the last year and a half.) Maybe things are different in some parts of the country but around here whenever we had a "mask mandate" the results were pretty predictable: Hospitals and doctors offices had almost 100% compliance. A few businesses took a firm stance to require mask usage indoors, but they were only successful if they posted someone at the front door who would refuse entry to anyone without a mask. But by far the majority of "mask mandated" places put up signs at the entrance and let it go at that. Compliance varied over time but for the most part maybe half of people inside would wear a mask. With that many people going without a mask it made the "mandate" more of a "better than nothing but still not going to work" kind of thing. Also predictably, it's those same people who refused to wear a mask who point fingers to say that a mask mandate does not work.
Jaybee

User avatar
Beebs52
Queen of Wack
Posts: 13004
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Location: Location.Location.Location

Re: You Go Girl, I Guess

#31 Post by Beebs52 » Sun Dec 12, 2021 5:45 pm

Weyoun wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:44 am
Beebs52 wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:04 pm
Weyoun, you first said it

"But beyond that, I do not really care about the issue, because I don’t care about marginal Ivy League sports"

Regardless of the school, which you also mischaracterized, swimming is not "marginal" nor confined to Ivy League competitions.
When was the last time SportsCenter covered ivy league sports that were not football or basketball or the Beanpot?

I realize you and that blowhard are just arguing just to argue this point, but no one would’ve cared about this athletic event had it not been for the transgender athlete involved.

The fact that folks like you get the vapors over this essentially irrelevant athletic event while ignoring much larger problems in society is pretty much all I need to know about your clown political views.
My vapors are certainly not aroused by this swimming kerfluffle. There are many things I comment upon on this bored, most just fluff or annoyances. That you think this bored exemplifies what's important in my life in the grand scheme indicates your lack of understanding how social media works.

And, as a doctor, you are merely a technician, and a fallible one at times, as are we all.
Well, then

User avatar
tlynn78
Posts: 7839
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:31 am
Location: Montana

Re: You Go Girl, I Guess

#32 Post by tlynn78 » Mon Dec 13, 2021 1:32 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 5:45 pm
Weyoun wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:44 am
Beebs52 wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:04 pm
Weyoun, you first said it

"But beyond that, I do not really care about the issue, because I don’t care about marginal Ivy League sports"

Regardless of the school, which you also mischaracterized, swimming is not "marginal" nor confined to Ivy League competitions.
When was the last time SportsCenter covered ivy league sports that were not football or basketball or the Beanpot?

I realize you and that blowhard are just arguing just to argue this point, but no one would’ve cared about this athletic event had it not been for the transgender athlete involved.

The fact that folks like you get the vapors over this essentially irrelevant athletic event while ignoring much larger problems in society is pretty much all I need to know about your clown political views.
My vapors are certainly not aroused by this swimming kerfluffle. There are many things I comment upon on this bored, most just fluff or annoyances. That you think this bored exemplifies what's important in my life in the grand scheme indicates your lack of understanding how social media works.

And, as a doctor, you are merely a technician, and a fallible one at times, as are we all.

My, someone certainly likes to overestimate his influence over the thoughts of others. I'm glad you escaped the vapors this time, Beebs. Now get to work on your clown political views (HAHAHA - coming from someone who thinks the Biden admin is a good thing).
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand

User avatar
themanintheseersuckersuit
Posts: 7545
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:37 pm
Location: South Carolina

Re: You Go Girl, I Guess

#33 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:45 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:12 pm
Interesting that with all the well-documented abuse that female athletes encounter, Spock wants to stand up for the rights of Harvards and Yalies not to have to compete with a trans woman.
I nominate this as the Most BobJ post of all time
Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.

User avatar
Beebs52
Queen of Wack
Posts: 13004
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Location: Location.Location.Location

Re: You Go Girl, I Guess

#34 Post by Beebs52 » Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:00 pm

themanintheseersuckersuit wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:45 am
silverscreenselect wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:12 pm
Interesting that with all the well-documented abuse that female athletes encounter, Spock wants to stand up for the rights of Harvards and Yalies not to have to compete with a trans woman.
I nominate this as the Most BobJ post of all time
😆
Well, then

User avatar
Bob Juch
Posts: 25083
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
Contact:

Re: You Go Girl, I Guess

#35 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:12 pm

themanintheseersuckersuit wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:45 am
silverscreenselect wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:12 pm
Interesting that with all the well-documented abuse that female athletes encounter, Spock wants to stand up for the rights of Harvards and Yalies not to have to compete with a trans woman.
I nominate this as the Most BobJ post of all time
I consider that an insult --- to me.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

User avatar
Beebs52
Queen of Wack
Posts: 13004
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Location: Location.Location.Location

Re: You Go Girl, I Guess

#36 Post by Beebs52 » Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:29 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:12 pm
themanintheseersuckersuit wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:45 am
silverscreenselect wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:12 pm
Interesting that with all the well-documented abuse that female athletes encounter, Spock wants to stand up for the rights of Harvards and Yalies not to have to compete with a trans woman.
I nominate this as the Most BobJ post of all time
I consider that an insult --- to me.
😁
Well, then

User avatar
BackInTex
Posts: 11897
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:43 pm
Location: In Texas of course!

Re: You Go Girl, I Guess

#37 Post by BackInTex » Thu Dec 16, 2021 2:41 pm

themanintheseersuckersuit wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:45 am
silverscreenselect wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:12 pm
Interesting that with all the well-documented abuse that female athletes encounter, Spock wants to stand up for the rights of Harvards and Yalies not to have to compete with a trans woman.
I nominate this as the Most BobJ post of all time

And crickets from SSS on the Ghislaine Maxwell trial and how no effort is being made to cast a net wider than her. He must not really care about sex trafficking of minors.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
BackInTex
Posts: 11897
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:43 pm
Location: In Texas of course!

Re: You Go Girl, I Guess

#38 Post by BackInTex » Thu Dec 16, 2021 2:42 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:12 pm
themanintheseersuckersuit wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:45 am
silverscreenselect wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:12 pm
Interesting that with all the well-documented abuse that female athletes encounter, Spock wants to stand up for the rights of Harvards and Yalies not to have to compete with a trans woman.
I nominate this as the Most BobJ post of all time
I consider that an insult --- to me.
Sometimes your insight does surprise me.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 20721
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: You Go Girl, I Guess

#39 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:08 am

Missouri Trans student awarded $4 million in lawsuit against school district
A Trans male student was awarded more than $4 million in damages for sex discrimination against him by the suburban Kansas City Blue Springs R-IV School District. A jury in Jackson County delivered its verdict Monday. In documents filed in court, the lawsuit noted that the student had legally changed his named in 2010 and had successfully petitioned the Jackson County Circuit Court in 2014 to amend his birth certificate to reflect his gender and new name, NBC News affiliate KSHB 41 News in Kansas City reported.

The student was denied use of the boys’ restrooms and locker rooms at Blue Springs R-IV School District’s Delta Woods Middle School and the Freshman Center. “Defendants again denied [the plaintiff] access to the boys’ restrooms and locker rooms even though he is recognized as a boy under the laws of the state of Missouri,” the suit stated. “Defendants continue to deny [the plaintiff] access to the boys’ restrooms and locker rooms as of the filing of this Petition.”

The student participated in boys’ P.E. and athletics in middle school, including the eighth grade boys’ football team and track team, and he had to use a “separate, single person, unisex bathroom outside the boys’ locker room because Defendants refused to give him access to the boys’ locker rooms.” The student “chose not to participate in fall sports for the 2014-2015 school year at the Freshman Center due to being denied access to the boys’ locker room and restrooms,” the lawsuit’s filing stated.
I'm putting this next part of the excerpt as a spoiler because of the language used:
Spoiler
The lawsuit filed for the student states that the district’s reason for denying him access was because he was transgender and “is alleged to have female genitalia.” “Upon information and belief, Defendants do not speculate, inspect, or otherwise inquire as to the genitalia of other male students,” the lawsuit said. “Defendants have discriminated and continue to discriminate against Plaintiff R.M.A. based on his sex.
Just imagine. A person born female competes in male sports despite not having the right hormones to compete at that level, according to Spock and BiT.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
Weyoun
Posts: 1881
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:36 pm

Re: You Go Girl, I Guess

#40 Post by Weyoun » Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:14 am

tlynn78 wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 1:32 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 5:45 pm
Weyoun wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:44 am


When was the last time SportsCenter covered ivy league sports that were not football or basketball or the Beanpot?

I realize you and that blowhard are just arguing just to argue this point, but no one would’ve cared about this athletic event had it not been for the transgender athlete involved.

The fact that folks like you get the vapors over this essentially irrelevant athletic event while ignoring much larger problems in society is pretty much all I need to know about your clown political views.
My vapors are certainly not aroused by this swimming kerfluffle. There are many things I comment upon on this bored, most just fluff or annoyances. That you think this bored exemplifies what's important in my life in the grand scheme indicates your lack of understanding how social media works.

And, as a doctor, you are merely a technician, and a fallible one at times, as are we all.

My, someone certainly likes to overestimate his influence over the thoughts of others. I'm glad you escaped the vapors this time, Beebs. Now get to work on your clown political views (HAHAHA - coming from someone who thinks the Biden admin is a good thing).
What have I said the Biden administration is a good thing?

I think they’ve done a terrible job with inflation and they are botching Covid.

I certainly voted for him over Trump, because I feel like, with Trump, we’d be even worse off right now.

That’s a damning with faith praise given that Trump was so awful a president.

User avatar
Weyoun
Posts: 1881
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:36 pm

Re: You Go Girl, I Guess

#41 Post by Weyoun » Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:22 am

BackInTex wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:38 am
Weyoun wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:44 am
Beebs52 wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:04 pm
Weyoun, you first said it

"But beyond that, I do not really care about the issue, because I don’t care about marginal Ivy League sports"

Regardless of the school, which you also mischaracterized, swimming is not "marginal" nor confined to Ivy League competitions.
When was the last time SportsCenter covered ivy league sports that were not football or basketball or the Beanpot?

I realize you and that blowhard are just arguing just to argue this point, but no one would’ve cared about this athletic event had it not been for the transgender athlete involved.

The fact that folks like you get the vapors over this essentially irrelevant athletic event while ignoring much larger problems in society is pretty much all I need to know about your clown political views.
First, you are correct. I wouldn't have even known about this particular event just like you didn't know about the particular event that caused the death of a friend of mine at church. Though I did have two daughters who competed at the collegiate level, one in swimming and one in track that makes the issue a personal one. I'm not ignoring what I think is a large and growing problem in society because there are others, thus this and my initial thread. Are you a single issue person?

There are many problems in society. Whether they are larger than this is a personal ranking. I can't rank this one against others such has growing crime and the lack of accountability, homelessness, loss of family values, etc. It's like trying to rank having a bullet through the head or through the heart. I believe they are all detrimental to our society and I believe it is devolving as a result.

Just as an experiment, could you try arguing with me by arguing the actual facts, instead of (1) suggesting I’m a terrible parent or (2) a dangerous, incompetent professional?

Just give it a shot. I know might be a stretch for you, but I think you might like the idea of actually engaging someone else on the intellectual level.
I'll answer 2) first. You've held yourself out as the expert, without fault, and dismissed anything contrary to your authoritative opinion. You've called those who disagree with your "facts" idiots. This is where I get the "arrogance" tag for you from. As I've commented before, I nearly died because of such arrogance, a doctor who would not even consider facts presented to him that might mean his initial diagnosis is wrong, because I was not a doctor (I ended up being right, and likely a day or two away from dying or at least not being able to fully recover). I see your similar arrogance displayed here and if that arrogance here is also how you are in your practice, I view you the same as my previous doctor, dangerous. Hopefully you are not and you listen to your patients and consider the possibilities that the A+B+C = D you've learned in medical school and your years in practice is not always correct, because maybe B was really b.

There are plenty of medical doctors out there who will disagree with many of your "facts". None of them deny there is Covid, and people are getting sick and many are dying. I don't think anyone here has done that. However many are do not feel the restrictions (masks, business closures, etc.) are effective enough to warrant some of the draconian measures implemented by our government (and many of those abroad).

I don't have time to go back through the many threads to see who fired the first shot. But I'm willing to call a truce on the insults, if you are.

1) As I said above, I had two daughters who competed in athletics, and both have daughters of their own now who, based solely on the genes they should have received from them and their husbands, will be in competitive athletics as well. So this is a personal issue. I should have just stated my opinion about the advice and left it at that.
I’ve never held myself out as an expert, without fault.

I have held myself out as an *expert*. We’ve been dealing with a disease for approaching two years, yes, you will develop an expertise in it.

It does not mean I cannot be wrong about certain things, but the debate needs to be at that level, and not at a personal level.

I also, and I mean this is nice as possible, know more about medicine then the entirety of the regular posters here do, combined. That’s because I have a professional degree in it and I practice it every day. If your professional degree is in accounting, the rest of us would not know as much about accounting as you would.

And that’s ok! That’s not arrogance. That’s simply called expertise.

I’m sorry you had a bad experience with another doctor. As someone who works in the emergency department and sees what happens when people get bad care, and then heads our direction, I do empathize with that.

That doesn’t mean I’m a bad doctor, however. My organization actually offered me a quality director position recently because they appreciate how thoroughly I work up patients and look for shortfalls in their care. I will be turning it down, because I’m already tapped out. I’m not sure if I could see myself practicing medicine two years and now based on the amount of badness I’ve seen happen in 2020 and in 2021.

I appreciate your offer for truce. Please understand I have absolutely zero problems with people questioning whether at the facts I am quoting are accurate. Studies can be difficult to interpret. There are a lot of variables.

I just don’t appreciate the actions of some who simply refuse to listen to me, call me arrogant, when I think a lot of the problem is the message, not the messenger.

I think you even tip off part of the reason in your post. I have not talked about lockdowns or mask mandates in any significant amount.

There’s a lot of social stuff people are worried about with Covid and it clouds their sense of what is going on in hospitals. Plus just fatigue about it all.

Anyway, I will avoid the personal swipes toward you if you do likewise. If you I feel I’m wrong about something regarding Covid, I don’t have an issue with it being pointed out. But explain why am wrong, and don’t just treat me like I’m an arrogant jackass.

User avatar
tlynn78
Posts: 7839
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:31 am
Location: Montana

Re: You Go Girl, I Guess

#42 Post by tlynn78 » Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:52 pm

Weyoun wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:14 am
tlynn78 wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 1:32 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 5:45 pm


My vapors are certainly not aroused by this swimming kerfluffle. There are many things I comment upon on this bored, most just fluff or annoyances. That you think this bored exemplifies what's important in my life in the grand scheme indicates your lack of understanding how social media works.

And, as a doctor, you are merely a technician, and a fallible one at times, as are we all.

My, someone certainly likes to overestimate his influence over the thoughts of others. I'm glad you escaped the vapors this time, Beebs. Now get to work on your clown political views (HAHAHA - coming from someone who thinks the Biden admin is a good thing).
What have I said the Biden administration is a good thing?

I think they’ve done a terrible job with inflation and they are botching Covid.

I certainly voted for him over Trump, because I feel like, with Trump, we’d be even worse off right now.

That’s a damning with faith praise given that Trump was so awful a president.
Like I said, laughable.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand

User avatar
jarnon
Posts: 5564
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:52 pm
Location: Merion, Pa.

Re: You Go Girl, I Guess

#43 Post by jarnon » Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:17 am

Effective immediately, USA Swimming will require trans women athletes to submit an application to compete to a three-person panel of "independent medical experts," who will determine whether "prior physical development of the athlete as a male" gives the athlete "a competitive advantage over the athlete's cisgender female competitors." The swimmer must also show that their testosterone levels have been less than 5 nanomoles per liter continuously for at least 36 months.

Other organizations such as the NCAA are considering whether to adopt this standard as well. Most of them now require a shorter treatment period and no assessment of prior physical development.

Reaction is mixed, with some advocates characterizing the new rule as an overreaction driven by right-wing criticism.

User avatar
BackInTex
Posts: 11897
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:43 pm
Location: In Texas of course!

Re: You Go Girl, I Guess

#44 Post by BackInTex » Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:33 pm

Timothy LeDuc to become 1st openly nonbinary US Winter Games athlete

Curious about what the protocol will be on this. They have Mens' competitions, Womens', and mixed pairs. How will he be allowed to compete, or why would he compete in a named class if he doesn't believe he belongs in either. And if competing in mixed, does he he think he can either compete with a male partner or female partner?
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
Beebs52
Queen of Wack
Posts: 13004
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Location: Location.Location.Location

Re: You Go Girl, I Guess

#45 Post by Beebs52 » Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:46 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:33 pm
Timothy LeDuc to become 1st openly nonbinary US Winter Games athlete

Curious about what the protocol will be on this. They have Mens' competitions, Womens', and mixed pairs. How will he be allowed to compete, or why would he compete in a named class if he doesn't believe he belongs in either. And if competing in mixed, does he he think he can either compete with a male partner or female partner?
Just call it pairs and have whoever skate. The other categories, um...
Saw pairs up close at 1992 Olympics. It's way more athletic than dance, so go for it. Not so much lyrical, fluid yada yada. Unless it's specifically mens or womens skate, in which we get back into the whole who is what, I don't care. Dance, eh, undecided.
Well, then

User avatar
Vandal
Director of Promos
Posts: 5833
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:42 pm
Location: Literary Circles
Contact:

Re: You Go Girl, I Guess

#46 Post by Vandal » Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:53 pm

Image
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Working on:
Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

User avatar
Beebs52
Queen of Wack
Posts: 13004
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Location: Location.Location.Location

Re: You Go Girl, I Guess

#47 Post by Beebs52 » Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:30 pm

Vandal wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:53 pm
Image
Amiright?
Well, then

User avatar
tlynn78
Posts: 7839
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:31 am
Location: Montana

Re: You Go Girl, I Guess

#48 Post by tlynn78 » Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:39 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:30 pm
Vandal wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:53 pm
Image
Amiright?
Might as well.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 6496
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: You Go Girl, I Guess

#49 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:44 pm

Who the hell are these people that decided this 'policy'? What gave them the power to do this and how can we get it set back to sanity?
Any of us that know that there are physical differences between the biological sexes, oh, we're haters, right, bob? That trumps all the other ramifications and consequences.

https://www.swimmingworldmagazine.com/n ... ding-back/

https://www.swimmingworldmagazine.com/n ... l-females/
----------- Added after I posted this
SSS: First one to respond, as always... SilverScreenStalker. I don't know what he said. But it sure is nice not knowing... or caring.
Last edited by flockofseagulls104 on Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 20721
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: You Go Girl, I Guess

#50 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:19 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:44 pm
Who the hell are these people that decided this 'policy'? What gave them the power to do this and how can we get it set back to sanity?
These people are the Ivy League and the NCAA. They have the power because they conduct the events and championships.

Thank you for your support of women's sports.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Post Reply