Oops

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Beebs52
Queen of Wack

Oops

#1 Post by Beebs52 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:12 pm

Well, then

BackInTex

Re: Oops

#2 Post by BackInTex » Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:36 pm

But Trump drew a low probability path for a hurricane that didn’t agree with the official forecast.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

tlynn78

#3 Post by tlynn78 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:28 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:36 pm
But Trump drew a low probability path for a hurricane that didn’t agree with the official forecast.
It's just because he has a stutter, doncha know? C'mon, man!
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

silverscreenselect

#4 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:46 pm

BackInTex wrote:
My guess is that a whole lot of people who were around in 1967 don't have perfect recall of what they were doing on which days, including me. Biden's comments were off-the-cuff remarks at a holiday party.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

jarnon

#5 Post by jarnon » Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:10 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:46 pm
BackInTex wrote:
My guess is that a whole lot of people who were around in 1967 don't have perfect recall of what they were doing on which days, including me. Biden's comments were off-the-cuff remarks at a holiday party.
This is one of Biden's canned stories that he retells often. This time he confused the Six Day War with the Yom Kippur War. I bet many in the audience noticed the error. Here's an account of the actual meeting:
When Biden met Golda: New details emerge of storied encounter on the eve of war
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

tlynn78

#6 Post by tlynn78 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:13 pm

Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:46 pm
BackInTex wrote:
Careful, dude, you're a little long in the tooth for such contortions.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#7 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:22 pm

I'm really not sure of the point here.

Are you saying that for some reason President Biden deliberately lied about the date on which this meeting happened and that's evidence that we shouldn't trust him? Are you saying that getting the date wrong in this context indicates some other reason that we shouldn't trust him? (If it's the latter, there will be little difficulty finding countless comparable or worse examples applicable to many people in public life, undoubtedly including some whom you respect and admire.)

Why should anyone care about this, other than to score points in a meaningless game of gotcha? --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Spock

#8 Post by Spock » Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:44 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:22 pm

Are you saying that for some reason President Biden deliberately lied about the date on which this meeting happened and that's evidence that we shouldn't trust him? Are you saying that getting the date wrong in this context indicates some other reason that we shouldn't trust him? (If it's the latter, there will be little difficulty finding countless comparable or worse examples applicable to many people in public life, undoubtedly including some whom you respect and admire.)

Why should anyone care about this, other than to score points in a meaningless game of gotcha? --Bob
Whatever you say-"Mr. Last Night in Sweden."

tlynn78

#9 Post by tlynn78 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:53 pm

Bob78164 wrote:

Yes, why on earth discuss the fact that our President is a dementia-ridden tool? Keep those blinders firmly in place

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#10 Post by Bob78164 » Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:28 am

tlynn78 wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:53 pm
Bob78164 wrote:

Yes, why on earth discuss the fact that our President is a dementia-ridden tool? Keep those blinders firmly in place
President Biden has been making mistakes like that for decades. He's no more a dementia-ridden fool than you are. Given the logic you're employing here, probably less.

You just don't like President Biden, so you're willing to say ugly things about him given the flimsiest of excuses. That says much more about you than it does about President Biden.

Alas, in this respect you're all too typical of Republican elected officials. Which is why the Republican Party needs to be politically bulldozed until the national party has suffered the same fate it's already suffered in California. Perhaps a sane conservative party will arise from its ashes. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#11 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:40 am

Bob78164 wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:28 am
tlynn78 wrote:
President Biden has been making mistakes like that for decades. He's no more a dementia-ridden fool than you are. Given the logic you're employing here, probably less.

You just don't like President Biden, so you're willing to say ugly things about him given the flimsiest of excuses. That says much more about you than it does about President Biden.

Alas, in this respect you're all too typical of Republican elected officials. Which is why the Republican Party needs to be politically bulldozed until the national party has suffered the same fate it's already suffered in California. Perhaps a sane conservative party will arise from its ashes. --Bob
Biden's comments were made at a holiday party and were a story he's told often before. Speaking as someone who's not that much younger than Biden (or Trump), I can say that my memory of dates and events back then and what I did on them is somewhat fuzzy and when I tell stories about that time, they may have inaccuracies if someone were to fact check them they way Republicans seem to want to do with Biden. If Biden actually thought that the events with Meir occurred on the eve of the Six Day War instead of the Yom Kuppur War (as opposed to this being a slip of the tongue as he rattled off a story), then it's the type of mistaken memory that's quite common, even for people who are a lot younger than Biden. (Look at all the cases of mistaken identity testimony at criminal trials.) That's not dementia, that's the normal aging process and how it affects memory in everyone who gets to that age.

It's not like he went on national TV and claimed that passing a memory test that's given to check for dementia is a sign that he's more intelligent than 99% of the public.

Bob Juch

#12 Post by Bob Juch » Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:29 am

Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:40 am
Bob78164 wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:28 am
tlynn78 wrote:

Biden's comments were made at a holiday party and were a story he's told often before. Speaking as someone who's not that much younger than Biden (or Trump), I can say that my memory of dates and events back then and what I did on them is somewhat fuzzy and when I tell stories about that time, they may have inaccuracies if someone were to fact check them they way Republicans seem to want to do with Biden. If Biden actually thought that the events with Meir occurred on the eve of the Six Day War instead of the Yom Kuppur War (as opposed to this being a slip of the tongue as he rattled off a story), then it's the type of mistaken memory that's quite common, even for people who are a lot younger than Biden. (Look at all the cases of mistaken identity testimony at criminal trials.) That's not dementia, that's the normal aging process and how it affects memory in everyone who gets to that age.

It's not like he went on national TV and claimed that passing a memory test that's given to check for dementia is a sign that he's more intelligent than 99% of the public.
I have the same problem with remembering the wrong decade now that I'm an old fart.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

tlynn78

#13 Post by tlynn78 » Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:04 pm

Y'all can keep telling yourselves and each other whatever fantasies you need to. It won't make them so.

Estonut
Evil Genius

#14 Post by Estonut » Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:32 am

I don't think you're remembering that claim correctly. Please cite.

I guess you've also forgotten Biden's sharp-as-a-tack, non-racist response "hitting back" when asked if he has taken a cognitive test:

I'm forward looking to your response.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

kroxquo

#15 Post by kroxquo » Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:57 am

Estonut wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:32 am

I guess you've also forgotten Biden's sharp-as-a-tack, non-racist response "hitting back" when asked if he has taken a cognitive test:

I'm forward looking to your response.
I am not hearing racism here. If you are referring to the cocaine comment, that would apply to any reporter asking the question.

Nothing in his response concerns me about his cognitive ability. If you are referring to the stumbling over his words at the ernd, that is normal for someone with a well-documented stammer and not out of the ordinary for old fogies (as I can attest to).

I am not at all clear at the point you're trying to make with this clip.
You live and learn. Or at least you live. - Douglas Adams

silverscreenselect

#16 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:10 am

Estonut wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:32 am
You're right as to the specifics. This came up in the interview with Chris Wallace.
Earlier this month, the president revealed to Fox News’ Sean Hannity that he had “very recently” taken a cognitive exam at the Walter Reed Army Medical Center, saying he had “aced it” and that doctors were “very surprised. They said ‘That’s an unbelievable thing. Rarely does anybody do what you just did.’”
Trump recently brought up his performance on the test as a challenge to Joe Biden, 77, the presumptive 2020 Democratic presidential nominee. On Wednesday, after a press briefing, Trump spoke to Fox News contributor Dr. Marc Siegel, during which he described the memory portion of the test. “It's like you'll go: Person, woman, man, camera, TV. So they say, ‘Could you repeat that?' So I said, ‘Yeah. So it's person, woman, man, camera, TV.’ ‘Okay, that's very good. If you get it in order, you get extra points.’”

In an interview with Fox News’ Chris Wallace on Sunday, Trump said that the exam gets progressively more difficult. “Yes, the first few questions are easy, but I'll bet you couldn't even answer the last five questions. I'll bet you couldn't, they get very hard, the last five questions,” he told Wallace.
Trump then got into a long exchange with Wallace over his recent claim that he had "aced" a cognitive test. After Trump challenged Biden to take such an exam, Wallace said he had recently taken the same exam and found it to be quite easy. "They have a picture, and it says 'what's that?' and it's an elephant," Wallace said. Trump pushed back, saying that was "all misrepresentation."

"Because, yes, the first few questions are easy, but I'll bet you couldn't even answer the last five questions," Trump said. "I'll bet you couldn't. They get very hard, the last five questions." Wallace said one of the questions was to count back from 100 by seven. Trump continued to insist that Wallace "couldn't answer many of the questions."
Judge for yourself how common is "rarely."