RIP Ann W. Shealy

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
themanintheseersuckersuit

RIP Ann W. Shealy

#1 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:06 pm

Age 96. The woman that taught me to swim
https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/sc ... d=31643091
Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

Re: RIP Ann W. Shealy

#2 Post by Beebs52 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:50 pm

How cool was she!
Well, then

themanintheseersuckersuit

Re: RIP Ann W. Shealy

#3 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:09 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:50 pm
How cool was she!
I knew her as Ann McCoy and I realize I don’t know who McCoy was. I am wondering if she is going to be with her first husband in Grove Hill. She was one of the reasons I ended up with the Red Cross when Hugo paid a visit
Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.