Arbery Verdict

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
kroxquo

Re: Arbery Verdict

#26 Post by kroxquo » Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:13 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:14 am
tlynn78 wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:07 am
"I'm not going to get caught up in a game of whataboutism."

Which means you know full well Biden has exhibited far more bigotry than Trump ever did, but he's not Trump, so you just don't care

Name me one time that the 45th President was tolerant of an opinion that differed from his own.

Oh, bless your heart. For starters, he ran as a Republican.
"Here is a list of times that the 45th President was intolerant of an opinion that differed from his own:

The 2016 election was rigged to deny him a popular victory - that's not intolerance. And does the phrase "Russian collusion" mean anything? Hilz?
He had the largest inaugural crowd in history - again, not intolerance.
A hurricane threatened Alabama - again...
People should wear masks to prevent a pandemic - lol - psst, read the label on the box of masks.
Vladimir Putin can be trusted to be honest with him - so he's "tolerant" of Putin and not Xi Jinpin
It's okay to pressure a the leader of a foreign country for political gain - HAHAHAHAHA!! Biden, Ukraine?
He actually won the 2020 election" - again, not intolerance.

Krox, you satisfied my initial question by avoiding it. By the way, Biden's your president now, so you want to turn your attention to all his "accomplishments" and leave the orange bogeyman meme behind.
It is not the facts of these that we are discussing. It his opinions on them and in most of those, that opinion was not shaken even in the face of irrefutable facts.

I will agree that Biden has been a disappointment. Frankly, I'm not that surprised. He was not my first choice as the Democratic candidate. I would have preferred Elizabeth Warren, Amy Klobuchar, Kirsten Gillibrand, Corey Booker, or Bernie Sanders. But Biden is what we got. I firmly believe that the country and American democracy itself is safer now than if the the 45th President had been re-elected.
You live and learn. Or at least you live. - Douglas Adams

tlynn78

#27 Post by tlynn78 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:40 pm

kroxquo wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:13 pm
tlynn78 wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:07 am
"I'm not going to get caught up in a game of whataboutism."

Which means you know full well Biden has exhibited far more bigotry than Trump ever did, but he's not Trump, so you just don't care

Name me one time that the 45th President was tolerant of an opinion that differed from his own.

Oh, bless your heart. For starters, he ran as a Republican.
"Here is a list of times that the 45th President was intolerant of an opinion that differed from his own:

The 2016 election was rigged to deny him a popular victory - that's not intolerance. And does the phrase "Russian collusion" mean anything? Hilz?
People should wear masks to prevent a pandemic - lol - psst, read the label on the box of masks.
Vladimir Putin can be trusted to be honest with him - so he's "tolerant" of Putin and not Xi Jinpin
It's okay to pressure a the leader of a foreign country for political gain - HAHAHAHAHA!! Biden, Ukraine?

Krox, you satisfied my initial question by avoiding it. By the way, Biden's your president now, so you want to turn your attention to all his "accomplishments" and leave the orange bogeyman meme behind.
It is not the facts of these that we are discussing. It his opinions on them and in most of those, that opinion was not shaken even in the face of irrefutable facts.

I will agree that Biden has been a disappointment. Frankly, I'm not that surprised. He was not my first choice as the Democratic candidate. I would have preferred Elizabeth Warren, Amy Klobuchar, Kirsten Gillibrand, Corey Booker, or Bernie Sanders. But Biden is what we got. I firmly believe that the country and American democracy itself is safer now than if the the 45th President had been re-elected.
Oh yes, things are so much better :roll:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Bob Juch

#28 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:07 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:40 pm
kroxquo wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:

Yes, they are. Stop watching Fox News.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

tlynn78

#29 Post by tlynn78 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:01 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:07 pm
tlynn78 wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:40 pm
kroxquo wrote:

Yes, they are. Stop watching Fox News.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

themanintheseersuckersuit

#30 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:27 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:17 pm
BackInTex wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:08 pm
tlynn78 wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:45 pm
Sounds like they got it right, from what (very) little I've heard.
Yep, the jury system has worked well this past week in the two major cases.
At least two!
Andrew Coffee IV was acquitted https://www.wpbf.com/article/andrew-cof ... s/38304640#
Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.