Weyoun

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Beebs52
Queen of Wack

Weyoun

#1 Post by Beebs52 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:05 pm

I thank you for your service and I respect your medical knowledge. That doesn't mean you won't get pushback on things not necessarily in your explicit purview, eg, calling someone a sociopath, with no clinical knowledge, and using your doc status to pretend your opinion has more weight, in a heated societaldiscussion, or disregarding the vagaries of science as time goes on regarding covid or whatever.

That is all.
Well, then

Weyoun

Re: Weyoun

#2 Post by Weyoun » Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:14 pm

I wasn't using my clinical knowledge. Did I hold myself out as a psychiatrist, or did I just call this guy who shot people a sociopath based on my knowledge of what I saw and read about what he did?

It's weird a 17-year-old is toting around a gun like that, right? He wasn't drafted. He has no training (as the evening showed).

Let's not normalize his behavior.

Just because those anarchists were doing their anarchist thing doesn't mean what he did made sense.

We as a country are descending into madness. You don't have to be a doctor to perceive that.

tlynn78

#3 Post by tlynn78 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:56 pm

Weyoun wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:14 pm
I wasn't using my clinical knowledge. Did I hold myself out as a psychiatrist, or did I just call this guy who shot people a sociopath based on my knowledge of what I saw and read about what he did?
Seriously?
It's weird a 17-year-old is toting around a gun like that, right? He wasn't drafted. He has no training (as the evening showed).
No, it's not weird. It's a different life from the one you live. That doesn't make it weird. You have no idea what his training is. I can tell you that at least in the photos I saw, he's handling his weapon correctly.
No, by all means, let's normalize making shit up and seeing what sticks, and opining on things we know ZERO about.
Just because those anarchists were doing their anarchist thing doesn't mean what he did made sense.
Do yourself a favor and spend five minutes looking at ALL the things he did that day/night.
We as a country are descending into madness. You don't have to be a doctor to perceive that.
Well, some are.
The things you are saying simply. are. not. true. But your dedication to your wrongness is impressive.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Weyoun

#4 Post by Weyoun » Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:33 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:56 pm
Weyoun wrote:
Seriously?
No, it's not weird. It's a different life from the one you live. That doesn't make it weird. You have no idea what his training is. I can tell you that at least in the photos I saw, he's handling his weapon correctly.
No, by all means, let's normalize making shit up and seeing what sticks, and opining on things we know ZERO about.
Do yourself a favor and spend five minutes looking at ALL the things he did that day/night.
Well, some are.
The things you are saying simply. are. not. true. But your dedication to your wrongness is impressive.
Funny. That whole post started with my saying that I wouldn't vote to convict him. I think the kid is scumbag (is that a psychological term?) but he was fighting with scumbags, and they started it. But, as a legal matter, he didn't commit homicide. You guys just ran with the whole sociopath comment and didn't read much else - as usual.

His whole approach suggested he didn't have much training. You know, some of us know that holding a gun is not the same as knowing when to use a gun. Or how not to get into that situation.

BTW, I have been to the Mountain West. Despite all your dick swinging, folks walking around taking shots at anarchists is not the life you live, either.

There are places in the world torn by street protests and civil war, but why would I want that for my country, or to see my fellow countrymen suffer? Your commitment to chaos to Own the Libs is impressive.

tlynn78

#5 Post by tlynn78 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:15 pm

Weyoun wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:33 pm
tlynn78 wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:56 pm
Weyoun wrote:
Seriously?
Well, some are.
Funny. That whole post started with my saying that I wouldn't vote to convict him. I think the kid is scumbag (is that a psychological term?) but he was fighting with scumbags, and they started it. But, as a legal matter, he didn't commit homicide. You guys just ran with the whole sociopath comment and didn't read much else - as usual.

His whole approach suggested he didn't have much training. You know, some of us know that holding a gun is not the same as knowing when to use a gun. Or how not to get into that situation.

BTW, I have been to the Mountain West. Despite all your dick swinging, folks walking around taking shots at anarchists is not the life you live, either.

There are places in the world torn by street protests and civil war, but why would I want that for my country, or to see my fellow countrymen suffer? Your commitment to chaos to Own the Libs is impressive.
:lol: Oh, bless your heart.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire