A Sign of the Times -- Unfortunately

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
tlynn78

Re: A Sign of the Times -- Unfortunately

#51 Post by tlynn78 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:07 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:06 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:42 pm
My neurosurgeon told me hospital covid numbers are wonky since they do get paid more per case. But, hey, he's only a doctor.
He's a doctor who's seeing his hospitals fill with COVID patients. As in patients being treated for COVID and dying from it, not merely patients who test positive after being admitted for a different reason. Just like thousands of other doctors across the country whose eyewitness testimony you're ignoring.

Y'all need to learn the concept of error bars. I could believe (with adequate proof, which I haven't seen) that measurement errors mean that California's ratios are off by a bit. But there's no way that the measured numbers are off by so much that California's unvaccinated-to-vaccinated hospitalization and death ratios are remotely close to 1:1. And at least according to the State's Web site, they are measuring people being treated for COVID, not merely people in the hospital for other reasons who test positive. --Bob
"And at least according to the State's Web site,"
LMAO!
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Weyoun

#52 Post by Weyoun » Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:10 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:42 pm
My neurosurgeon told me hospital covid numbers are wonky since they do get paid more per case. But, hey, he's only a doctor.
Did you consider that it is more expensive to treat Covid patients? Even if you’re asymptomatic, you have to do all sorts of isolation precautions. That adds up.

The people who make these points never have to regularly staff a hospital.

And trust me that hospital would much rather have a bunch of neurosurgery patients since they can bill for quite a bit. As that neurosurgeon can tell you

Weyoun

#53 Post by Weyoun » Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:11 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:19 pm
Weyoun wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:09 pm
tlynn78 wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:37 am
The problem with statistics is they're only as good as input. Garbage in, garbage out, if you will. My husband was not admitted for any reason related to Covid. He received zero treatment for Covid. But you can be damn sure he showed up in the county's "Covid hospitalizations" statistics.
That seems like supposition.

However most hospitals test admits for Covid for infection control reasons. I think that’s pretty understandable.

You seem to be suggesting a lot of the numbers are inflated. But you can be damn sure they are not.

LOL - okay.
You’re right, it’s totally made up. 750,000 people dead. Thousands of years of life expectancy gone.

All made up because us city folks really get worked up about you Montana folks.

Weyoun

#54 Post by Weyoun » Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:17 pm

By the way, tlynn is demonstrating the point I made above. She just states flatly that, of course, had her husband had died, we would just call it Covid, just to milk the system for money, presumably. Or to keep the game up somehow.

But that was entirely a hypothetical. What she is so mad about, thankfully, didn’t happen.

But she’s convinced that people out there are “doctoring” numbers and making up stuff, presumably to take advantage of her or the system.

Conspiratorial, paranoid thinking.

tlynn78

#55 Post by tlynn78 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:18 pm

Weyoun wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:11 pm
tlynn78 wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:19 pm
Weyoun wrote:

However most hospitals test admits for Covid for infection control reasons. I think that’s pretty understandable.

You seem to be suggesting a lot of the numbers are inflated. But you can be damn sure they are not.

LOL - okay.
You’re right, it’s totally made up. 750,000 people dead. Thousands of years of life expectancy gone.

All made up because us city folks really get worked up about you Montana folks.
I was LOL'ing your 'supposition' comment and to a lesser extent, your being 'damn sure' the numbers aren't inflated. I don't think a single person on here is arguing COVID isn't a real thing. But you do you.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Bob Juch

#56 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:45 pm

Weyoun wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:37 am
The problem with statistics is they're only as good as input. Garbage in, garbage out, if you will. My husband was not admitted for any reason related to Covid. He received zero treatment for Covid. But you can be damn sure he showed up in the county's "Covid hospitalizations" statistics.

I wrote here over a year ago that my cardiologist complained to me that COVID deaths were being underreported. He and other doctors were told to put anything except COVID as the cause of death.

The Florida department of health was accused of doing the same thing.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#57 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:19 pm

Weyoun wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:17 pm
By the way, tlynn is demonstrating the point I made above. She just states flatly that, of course, had her husband had died, we would just call it Covid, just to milk the system for money, presumably. Or to keep the game up somehow.

But that was entirely a hypothetical. What she is so mad about, thankfully, didn’t happen.

But she’s convinced that people out there are “doctoring” numbers and making up stuff, presumably to take advantage of her or the system.

She's also demonstrating innumeracy. If Covid-present hospitalizations and deaths not caused by Covid were inflating hospitalization and death numbers, they'd do so for both the vaccinated and the unvaccinated. And under the hypothesis that the vaccines don't help prevent hospitalization or death, they'd do so in proportion to the ratio of vaccinated to unvaccinated in the general population. In other words, an error of that sort can't come close to skewing the numbers the way she's suggesting. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#58 Post by Beebs52 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:01 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:19 pm
Weyoun wrote:

She's also demonstrating innumeracy. If Covid-present hospitalizations and deaths not caused by Covid were inflating hospitalization and death numbers, they'd do so for both the vaccinated and the unvaccinated. And under the hypothesis that the vaccines don't help prevent hospitalization or death, they'd do so in proportion to the ratio of vaccinated to unvaccinated in the general population. In other words, an error of that sort can't come close to skewing the numbers the way she's suggesting. --Bob
Anecdotally speaking, fuck you both. You have privileged knowledge that hospitals don't conflate numbers? Really? Not inflate, conflate.
Well, then

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#59 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:16 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:01 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
Weyoun wrote:

Anecdotally speaking, fuck you both. You have privileged knowledge that hospitals don't conflate numbers? Really? Not inflate, conflate.
Nothing privileged about it. Just do the math. There's no way any such errors could throw the RATIOS off that much.

Unless you think the hospitals are ONLY performing such "conflation" for the unvaccinated. In which case, a charge of paranoia appears justified. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

tlynn78

#60 Post by tlynn78 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:17 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:01 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
Weyoun wrote:

You kinda have to feel sorry for them, though, right? I will say, my ego's boosted by Weyoun's apparent belief in my multi-tasking abilities. I mean, not just a crazy, not just paranoid, but a conspiracy theorist, to boot. Don't be jelly, Beebs. And Bob-o, well, let's just say I'd take his medical advice about as quickly as I'd take his legal advice.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#61 Post by Beebs52 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:24 pm

I apologize for saying fuck you both. I do that when someone is condescending and dismissive and, wrong.
Well, then

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#62 Post by Beebs52 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:32 pm

Well, then

silverscreenselect

#63 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:38 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:24 pm
I apologize for saying fuck you both. I do that when someone is condescending and dismissive and, wrong.
You must have a lot of fun conversations with yourself in the mirror.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

tlynn78

#64 Post by tlynn78 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:46 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:38 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Self-reflection is a skill you might consider trying to develop

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#65 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:52 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:32 pm
https://www.theatlantic.com/health/arch ... ng/620062/

Re numbers
That's why I rely on California's numbers, which (a) report hospitalizations CAUSED by Covid, and (b) tell us how many of those patients also were admitted to the ICU. The ratio of ICU patients to total patients hasn't dropped precipitously. --Bob

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#66 Post by Beebs52 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:54 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
You are a piece of work.
Well, then

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#67 Post by Beebs52 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:58 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:54 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
You are a piece of work.
Thanks for acknowledging my fuck you. It wasn't directed at you, but you may have one, too. For which I won't apologize.
Well, then

silverscreenselect

#68 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:29 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:58 pm

Thanks for acknowledging my fuck you. It wasn't directed at you, but you may have one, too. For which I won't apologize.
So, either I'm not condescending, not dismissive, or not wrong. Thanks.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Estonut
Evil Genius

#69 Post by Estonut » Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:46 pm

Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:29 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Read it again, bonehead!

Edited to fix SSS' faulty quoting.
Last edited by Estonut on Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#70 Post by Beebs52 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:46 pm

Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:29 pm
Beebs52 wrote:

Just a Richardhead.
Well, then

Bob Juch

#71 Post by Bob Juch » Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:17 am

Cuomo misrepresented COVID-19 nursing home toll, report says

https://abc7ny.com/gov-andrew-cuomo-nur ... /11256654/

Others in other areas probably did the same.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Weyoun

#72 Post by Weyoun » Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:54 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
You must talk to yourself a lot, then. Do people look at you funny?

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#73 Post by Beebs52 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:42 pm

Weyoun wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:54 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
You must talk to yourself a lot, then. Do people look at you funny?
You're late to the party. In re response to sss.
Well, then

BackInTex

#74 Post by BackInTex » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:50 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:17 am

I'm shocked. Shocked I tell you!

BTW, do you think any of those doing or complicit in the misrepresenting are MDs?
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob Juch

#75 Post by Bob Juch » Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:10 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:50 pm
Bob Juch wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:17 am

I'm shocked. Shocked I tell you!

BTW, do you think any of those doing or complicit in the misrepresenting are MDs?
I know they are. They were ordered to do so by their management.