Rittenhouse trial

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Beebs52
Queen of Wack

Re: Rittenhouse trial

#51 Post by Beebs52 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:51 pm

You're sorta kinda going off the rails with scattershot accusations about everyone incorrectly and in a pissy manner.
Well, then

tlynn78

#52 Post by tlynn78 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:56 pm

Weyoun wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:52 pm
Spock wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:49 pm
tlynn78 wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:51 pm

Aren't you just one hell of a diagnostician? Do you even need to meet with patients to diagnose them? What a time-save that must be.
Where I lose the trail a little is that we have been lead to believe that he has been busy on the front lines of the Covid fight in a variety of hospitals from the inner city to rural areas. Interesting to note that his experiences just happen to fit exactly the expected stereotypes of such areas.

So is he also a highly trained Psychiatrist that is able to diagnose mental illnesses without seeing the patients-or does he moonlight as such or what?
Was I acting as a psychiatrist when I called that kid a sociopath? No, but the kid sure acts and sounds like a sociopath.

"Interesting" that you seem to imply that I am making up where I work, or what I do.

The need to think everyone who is disagreeing with you is just making things up... well it's psychiatrically interesting, let's put it that way. Let's avoid a formal diagnosis since that's not my job and that seems to particularly get under your skin.

More Covid deaths this year than last, by the way. Good job, team.
The "need to think everyone who is disagreeing with you is just making things up" is "interesting psychiatrically" but the need to label anyone who disagrees with you "mentally ill" is cool, right? Well, that's a new one, I'll give you that.

And WHAT!! MORE Covid deaths this year,!!??! Why, it's almost like either the vaccine isn't working, or the numbers are being toyed with. Hmm.Well, at least Biden's ahead of Trump in something.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

BackInTex

#53 Post by BackInTex » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:57 pm

Bob Juch wrote: So let me see if I got this right:

I can carry an AK-47 to a protest and when people start attacking me because I have one, I can shoot them in self-defense? If so, I'm going to go to a MAGA rally.
BackInTex wrote: Sounds like an actual threat, but fortunately for you, and more fortunately for the rest of the world, you can not carry an AK-47 to a protest. You can not carry an AK-47 to the gun range, unless you have a special permit, which I doubt you have.
Bob Juch wrote: That's means I can't do it, it's just illegal to do so.
If you aren't concerned with legalities then why ponder about people starting to attack you? Just do what you want and shoot those you disagree with.
Bob Juch wrote: You can buy a semiautomatic AK-47 clone and like any semiautomatic which is 80% of all handguns sold and 60% of all rifles sold it's legal in Arizona.
Now you're back to wanting to be law abiding. Great. But an AK-47 clone is not an AK-47.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#54 Post by Bob78164 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:01 pm

Weyoun wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:17 pm
I realize that my job probably does make your uncomfortable - since I have the actual knowledge and experience to call you and others on their garbage arguments - but, please, don't question my ability to practice my profession based on Internet arguments.
As someone who has been subject to this precise tactic here on the Bored and pushed back, hard (much harder than you have), I applaud this statement. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Bob Juch

#55 Post by Bob Juch » Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:09 pm

BackInTex wrote:
If you aren't concerned with legalities then why ponder about people starting to attack you? Just do what you want and shoot those you disagree with.
Like Rittenhouse?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#56 Post by Beebs52 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:14 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:01 pm
Weyoun wrote:
I realize that my job probably does make your uncomfortable - since I have the actual knowledge and experience to call you and others on their garbage arguments - but, please, don't question my ability to practice my profession based on Internet arguments.
As someone who has been subject to this precise tactic here on the Bored and pushed back, hard (much harder than you have), I applaud this statement. --Bob

Poor babes.
Well, then

tlynn78

#57 Post by tlynn78 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:27 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:01 pm
Weyoun wrote:
Has Weyoun claimed only to follow the parts of the Hippocratic oath that he agrees with? Must have missed that.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

tlynn78

#58 Post by tlynn78 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:29 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:51 pm
You're sorta kinda going off the rails with scattershot accusations about everyone incorrectly and in a pissy manner.
Lol! I can't tell to whom this is directed, and the choices are plentiful!

BackInTex

#59 Post by BackInTex » Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:35 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:09 pm
BackInTex wrote:
Like Rittenhouse?
Quit being stupid. Or at least try.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Weyoun

#60 Post by Weyoun » Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:16 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:56 pm
Weyoun wrote:
Spock wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:49 pm

Where I lose the trail a little is that we have been lead to believe that he has been busy on the front lines of the Covid fight in a variety of hospitals from the inner city to rural areas. Interesting to note that his experiences just happen to fit exactly the expected stereotypes of such areas.

So is he also a highly trained Psychiatrist that is able to diagnose mental illnesses without seeing the patients-or does he moonlight as such or what?
Was I acting as a psychiatrist when I called that kid a sociopath? No, but the kid sure acts and sounds like a sociopath.

"Interesting" that you seem to imply that I am making up where I work, or what I do.

The need to think everyone who is disagreeing with you is just making things up... well it's psychiatrically interesting, let's put it that way. Let's avoid a formal diagnosis since that's not my job and that seems to particularly get under your skin.

The "need to think everyone who is disagreeing with you is just making things up" is "interesting psychiatrically" but the need to label anyone who disagrees with you "mentally ill" is cool, right? Well, that's a new one, I'll give you that.

And WHAT!! MORE Covid deaths this year,!!??! Why, it's almost like either the vaccine isn't working, or the numbers are being toyed with. Hmm.Well, at least Biden's ahead of Trump in something.
Or it could be the vaccine is working, and it's mainly killing the unvaccinated.

There's a great deal of evidence for that argument that you just ignore, because you think other people are the "enemy" and are out to get you and your way of life.

tlynn78

#61 Post by tlynn78 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:21 pm

Weyoun wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:16 pm
tlynn78 wrote:
Weyoun wrote:

Or it could be the vaccine is working, and it's mainly killing the unvaccinated.

There's a great deal of evidence for that argument that you just ignore, because you think other people are the "enemy" and are out to get you and your way of life.
But...and bear with me here, last year we were ALL unvaccinated, but fewer died than this year. But hey, like I said, you do you. I didn't know I had any enemies, so thanks for that enlightenment. I swear, with the level of your omniscience, if you ever get tired of doctoring, you'd have a shot at a show on CNN.

Weyoun

#62 Post by Weyoun » Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:26 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:21 pm
Weyoun wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:

But...and bear with me here, last year we were ALL unvaccinated, but fewer died than this year. But hey, like I said, you do you. I didn't know I had any enemies, so thanks for that enlightenment. I swear, with the level of your omniscience, if you ever get tired of doctoring, you'd have a shot at a show on CNN.
But - and bear with me here - we keep track of the vaccinated just like we do who die.

It COULD be that when you have a country of 330 million, it takes a while for the virus to get around. Especially when folks like you are pitching in!

It COULD be that, just like the Spanish flu, the subsequent waves get to more people.

Just some thoughts! It sure does seem like the hospital ICUs are full of unvaccinated folks, but maybe One America News knows different!

tlynn78

#63 Post by tlynn78 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:39 pm

Weyoun wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:26 pm
tlynn78 wrote:
Weyoun wrote:

But - and bear with me here - we keep track of the vaccinated just like we do who die.

It COULD be that when you have a country of 330 million, it takes a while for the virus to get around. Especially when folks like you are pitching in!

It COULD be that, just like the Spanish flu, the subsequent waves get to more people.

Just some thoughts! It sure does seem like the hospital ICUs are full of unvaccinated folks, but maybe One America News knows different!
Just, wow. You are in so deep you can't even see how entrenched you are. I kind of feel sorry for you. What the heck is One American News?

Bob Juch

#64 Post by Bob Juch » Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:50 pm

Weyoun wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:
Weyoun wrote:

The Delta variant is, not could be, more virulent.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Weyoun

#65 Post by Weyoun » Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:28 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:39 pm
Weyoun wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:

Just, wow. You are in so deep you can't even see how entrenched you are. I kind of feel sorry for you. What the heck is One American News?
I don't think you normally feel sorry for folks, based on your general attitude and worldview, so I am glad something got through to you.

Weyoun

#66 Post by Weyoun » Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:28 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:50 pm
Weyoun wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:

Made up! Done just to sell vaccines. Ask tlynn.

tlynn78

#67 Post by tlynn78 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:21 pm

Weyoun wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:28 pm
Bob Juch wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:50 pm
Weyoun wrote:

Made up! Done just to sell vaccines. Ask tlynn.
:lol: :lol: nope, never have said it. But hey, make up more nonsense. But still, impressive. It took the Bobs and SSS far longer to reach this level of, well, I'll be nice. My dick's tired of swinging.🤣

silverscreenselect

#68 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:22 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Another reason why deaths were lower last year was because of lockdowns, bans and limits on crowded gatherings, increased social distancing and more mask wearing. As we loosened up those precautions, the disease spread more rapidly.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

themanintheseersuckersuit

#69 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:58 am

Bob78164 wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:24 pm
It'll be interesting to see how the civil wrongful death cases turn out. The prosecution had a serious problem here. Under Wisconsin law, they had to refute the defendant's self-defense case beyond a reasonable doubt. (That standard in not compelled by the Constitution for an affirmative defense in a criminal case, but that's reportedly the choice Wisconsin has made.) I seriously doubt that a civil lawsuit will be subject to the same burden of proof, and as we saw with O.J., that can make all the difference. --Bob
Bob, you are a lawyer and you actually wrote this. Who would be the plaintiff? Which plaintiff could survive summary judgement. Who could avoid a counterclaim for malicious Prosecution and abuse of process?
Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.

silverscreenselect

#70 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:49 am

themanintheseersuckersuit wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:58 am
Bob78164 wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:24 pm
It'll be interesting to see how the civil wrongful death cases turn out. The prosecution had a serious problem here. Under Wisconsin law, they had to refute the defendant's self-defense case beyond a reasonable doubt. (That standard in not compelled by the Constitution for an affirmative defense in a criminal case, but that's reportedly the choice Wisconsin has made.) I seriously doubt that a civil lawsuit will be subject to the same burden of proof, and as we saw with O.J., that can make all the difference. --Bob
Bob, you are a lawyer and you actually wrote this. Who would be the plaintiff? Which plaintiff could survive summary judgement. Who could avoid a counterclaim for malicious Prosecution and abuse of process?
The plaintiffs would be the three people Rittenhouse shot (or their next of kin). Admittedly, there would be difficulty collecting a judgment against him now, but I have a feeling he's going to be milking his right-wing popularity for a lot of money.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

themanintheseersuckersuit

#71 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:59 am

The plaintiffs would be the three people Rittenhouse shot (or their next of kin).

Not quite as sympathetic as Nicole Brown Simpson’s motherless children
Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.

Bob Juch

#72 Post by Bob Juch » Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:08 am

Rittenhouse's friend, Dominick Black, faces two counts of intentionally giving a dangerous weapon to a person under 18 causing death.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#73 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:07 pm

For those who are content with a legal regime that allows a situation like this to occur without consequence under the criminal law, remember that the same set of rules will apply if the demonstrators are right-wingers and the defendant is an avowed adherent of the philosophy of antifa.

I'm not saying that the jury got this wrong. I'm saying it's probably time to think about changing the law so that the next time this happens, the law points to a different result. It's probably a bad idea for it to be legal for a 17-year-old to obtain an assault weapon, cross a state line in order to go looking for trouble, find the trouble he was looking for, and kill a couple of people as a result. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

tlynn78

#74 Post by tlynn78 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:27 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:07 pm
For those who are content with a legal regime that allows a situation like this to occur without consequence under the criminal law, remember that the same set of rules will apply if the demonstrators are right-wingers and the defendant is an avowed adherent of the philosophy of antifa.

I'm not saying that the jury got this wrong. I'm saying it's probably time to think about changing the law so that the next time this happens, the law points to a different result. It's probably a bad idea for it to be legal for a 17-year-old to obtain an assault weapon, cross a state line in order to go looking for trouble, find the trouble he was looking for, and kill a couple of people as a result. --Bob
Do you lobby to change the law every time a verdict doesn't go your way?

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#75 Post by Beebs52 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:28 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:07 pm

You're really an advocate for justice? Of course the result would be the same. You want laws to change because of your political bent? Or you just don't agree with the result?
Wow.
Well, then