Rittenhouse trial

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Message
Author
User avatar
Beebs52
Queen of Wack
Posts: 12084
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Location: Location.Location.Location

Rittenhouse trial

#1 Post by Beebs52 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:42 pm

Def attorney rebuttal is weird. Chaos tourist. And why didn't he fight back. I guess if the defendant had bashed Rosenbaum in the head and killed him that would have been...

They are not good attorneys.
Well, then

User avatar
Bob Juch
Posts: 24331
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
Contact:

Re: Rittenhouse trial

#2 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:18 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:42 pm
Def attorney rebuttal is weird. Chaos tourist. And why didn't he fight back. I guess if the defendant had bashed Rosenbaum in the head and killed him that would have been...

They are not good attorneys.
Agreed, but the judge is the worst.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

User avatar
Beebs52
Queen of Wack
Posts: 12084
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Location: Location.Location.Location

Re: Rittenhouse trial

#3 Post by Beebs52 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:30 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:18 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:42 pm
Def attorney rebuttal is weird. Chaos tourist. And why didn't he fight back. I guess if the defendant had bashed Rosenbaum in the head and killed him that would have been...

They are not good attorneys.
Agreed, but the judge is the worst.
Not sure. Not appellate worthy.
Well, then

User avatar
tlynn78
Posts: 7405
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:31 am
Location: Montana

Re: Rittenhouse trial

#4 Post by tlynn78 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:48 am

Bob Juch wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:18 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:42 pm
Def attorney rebuttal is weird. Chaos tourist. And why didn't he fight back. I guess if the defendant had bashed Rosenbaum in the head and killed him that would have been...

They are not good attorneys.
Agreed, but the judge is the worst.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine

User avatar
tlynn78
Posts: 7405
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:31 am
Location: Montana

Re: Rittenhouse trial

#5 Post by tlynn78 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:16 pm

Not Guilty - all counts

Perfect.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine

User avatar
Beebs52
Queen of Wack
Posts: 12084
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Location: Location.Location.Location

Re: Rittenhouse trial

#6 Post by Beebs52 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:23 pm

Yep
Well, then

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 19596
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Rittenhouse trial

#7 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:38 pm

White privilege is alive and well in Wisconsin. I'd be curious to see if the Feds will bring charges against him for crossing state lines.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
a1mamacat
Posts: 6699
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:02 pm
Location: Great White North

Re: Rittenhouse trial

#8 Post by a1mamacat » Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:38 pm

Dear God, that’s f***ed.

:shock:
Lover of Soft Animals and Fine Art
1st annual international BBBL Champeeeeen!

User avatar
BackInTex
Posts: 11440
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:43 pm
Location: In Texas of course!

Re: Rittenhouse trial

#9 Post by BackInTex » Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:51 pm

a1mamacat wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:38 pm
Dear God, that’s f***ed.

:shock:
What SSS said? Yep
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
BackInTex
Posts: 11440
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:43 pm
Location: In Texas of course!

Re: Rittenhouse trial

#10 Post by BackInTex » Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:51 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:38 pm
White privilege is alive and well in Wisconsin. I'd be curious to see if the Feds will bring charges against him for crossing state lines.
It’s illegal to cross state lines?
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
tlynn78
Posts: 7405
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:31 am
Location: Montana

Re: Rittenhouse trial

#11 Post by tlynn78 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:53 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:51 pm
a1mamacat wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:38 pm
Dear God, that’s f***ed.

:shock:
What SSS said? Yep

Right? Poor boos just can't handle when the facts don't = their mindset.
Too bad those two fine individuals weren't on the jury. You know, instead of the ones who actually listened to/saw/considered all the ACTUAL EVIDENCE in the case.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine

User avatar
Beebs52
Queen of Wack
Posts: 12084
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Location: Location.Location.Location

Re: Rittenhouse trial

#12 Post by Beebs52 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:54 pm

Why aren't sss and sauce following Arbery trial?
Well, then

User avatar
tlynn78
Posts: 7405
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:31 am
Location: Montana

Re: Rittenhouse trial

#13 Post by tlynn78 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:09 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:54 pm
Why aren't sss and sauce following Arbery trial?
LOL - <<sounds of at least one of them frantically googling...>>
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine

User avatar
Beebs52
Queen of Wack
Posts: 12084
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Location: Location.Location.Location

Re: Rittenhouse trial

#14 Post by Beebs52 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:11 pm

Have you ever been on a murder trial jury? I have. Your job as a juror is to evaluate evidence and the charges. Not your feelings about other situations.
Well, then

User avatar
tlynn78
Posts: 7405
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:31 am
Location: Montana

Re: Rittenhouse trial

#15 Post by tlynn78 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:20 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:11 pm
Have you ever been on a murder trial jury? I have. Your job as a juror is to evaluate evidence and the charges. Not your feelings about other situations.
And certainly not your politics. But you know, feelings are more important than facts, enaht.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine

User avatar
Bob78164
Bored Moderator
Posts: 20144
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Location: By the phone

Re: Rittenhouse trial

#16 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:24 pm

It'll be interesting to see how the civil wrongful death cases turn out. The prosecution had a serious problem here. Under Wisconsin law, they had to refute the defendant's self-defense case beyond a reasonable doubt. (That standard in not compelled by the Constitution for an affirmative defense in a criminal case, but that's reportedly the choice Wisconsin has made.) I seriously doubt that a civil lawsuit will be subject to the same burden of proof, and as we saw with O.J., that can make all the difference. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
tlynn78
Posts: 7405
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:31 am
Location: Montana

Re: Rittenhouse trial

#17 Post by tlynn78 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:30 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:24 pm
It'll be interesting to see how the civil wrongful death cases turn out. The prosecution had a serious problem here. Under Wisconsin law, they had to refute the defendant's self-defense case beyond a reasonable doubt. (That standard in not compelled by the Constitution for an affirmative defense in a criminal case, but that's reportedly the choice Wisconsin has made.) I seriously doubt that a civil lawsuit will be subject to the same burden of proof, and as we saw with O.J., that can make all the difference. --Bob
Yeah, that'll work out.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine

User avatar
Weyoun
Posts: 1750
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:36 pm

Re: Rittenhouse trial

#18 Post by Weyoun » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:37 pm

I would’ve voted not guilty. The kid is a sociopath, and I suspect he will be involved in something like this again.

I am sad about the situation because I do think someone down the road will die because of him.

However the video did strongly suggest it was self-defense. Even sociopaths waving guns are allowed to defend themselves when someone is stupid enough to attack first.

User avatar
tlynn78
Posts: 7405
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:31 am
Location: Montana

Re: Rittenhouse trial

#19 Post by tlynn78 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:51 pm

Weyoun wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:37 pm
I would’ve voted not guilty. The kid is a sociopath, and I suspect he will be involved in something like this again.

I am sad about the situation because I do think someone down the road will die because of him.

However the video did strongly suggest it was self-defense. Even sociopaths waving guns are allowed to defend themselves when someone is stupid enough to attack first.
Aren't you just one hell of a diagnostician? Do you even need to meet with patients to diagnose them? What a time-save that must be.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine

User avatar
BackInTex
Posts: 11440
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:43 pm
Location: In Texas of course!

Re: Rittenhouse trial

#20 Post by BackInTex » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:08 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:51 pm
Weyoun wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:37 pm
I would’ve voted not guilty. The kid is a sociopath, and I suspect he will be involved in something like this again.

I am sad about the situation because I do think someone down the road will die because of him.

However the video did strongly suggest it was self-defense. Even sociopaths waving guns are allowed to defend themselves when someone is stupid enough to attack first.
Aren't you just one hell of a diagnostician? Do you even need to meet with patients to diagnose them? What a time-save that must be.
Sociopath to the good doctor, Good Samaritan to folks who value law and order.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
Weyoun
Posts: 1750
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:36 pm

Re: Rittenhouse trial

#21 Post by Weyoun » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:32 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:08 pm
tlynn78 wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:51 pm
Weyoun wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:37 pm
I would’ve voted not guilty. The kid is a sociopath, and I suspect he will be involved in something like this again.

I am sad about the situation because I do think someone down the road will die because of him.

However the video did strongly suggest it was self-defense. Even sociopaths waving guns are allowed to defend themselves when someone is stupid enough to attack first.
Aren't you just one hell of a diagnostician? Do you even need to meet with patients to diagnose them? What a time-save that must be.
Sociopath to the good doctor, Good Samaritan to folks who value law and order.
This child goes around pretending to be a paramedic and a soldier, and you salute him as being completely normal.

He wasn’t there to help, he was there to participate in the melee.

If you look how he reacted, he pretty clearly was in over his head.

Which only makes sense. He didn’t know what he’s doing. He has no law enforcement or military training. Just showing up with a gun to a riot is it making anything better.

And you applaud him shooting three people? I don’t have much respect for those folks either, but I’m not understanding how their deaths made anything better.

The fact you seem so gleeful about it is tempting me to make some other diagnoses…

There is a deep spiritual darkness hanging over this country right now

User avatar
Beebs52
Queen of Wack
Posts: 12084
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Location: Location.Location.Location

Re: Rittenhouse trial

#22 Post by Beebs52 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:39 pm

Weyoun wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:32 pm
BackInTex wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:08 pm
tlynn78 wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:51 pm


Aren't you just one hell of a diagnostician? Do you even need to meet with patients to diagnose them? What a time-save that must be.
Sociopath to the good doctor, Good Samaritan to folks who value law and order.
This child goes around pretending to be a paramedic and a soldier, and you salute him as being completely normal.

He wasn’t there to help, he was there to participate in the melee.

If you look how he reacted, he pretty clearly was in over his head.

Which only makes sense. He didn’t know what he’s doing. He has no law enforcement or military training. Just showing up with a gun to a riot is it making anything better.

And you applaud him shooting three people? I don’t have much respect for those folks either, but I’m not understanding how their deaths made anything better.

The fact you seem so gleeful about it is tempting me to make some other diagnoses…

There is a deep spiritual darkness hanging over this country right now
One must always look in the mirror.
Well, then

User avatar
tlynn78
Posts: 7405
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:31 am
Location: Montana

Re: Rittenhouse trial

#23 Post by tlynn78 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:45 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:39 pm
Weyoun wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:32 pm
BackInTex wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:08 pm
Sociopath to the good doctor, Good Samaritan to folks who value law and order.
This child goes around pretending to be a paramedic and a soldier, and you salute him as being completely normal.

He wasn’t there to help, he was there to participate in the melee.

If you look how he reacted, he pretty clearly was in over his head.

Which only makes sense. He didn’t know what he’s doing. He has no law enforcement or military training. Just showing up with a gun to a riot is it making anything better.

And you applaud him shooting three people? I don’t have much respect for those folks either, but I’m not understanding how their deaths made anything better.

The fact you seem so gleeful about it is tempting me to make some other diagnoses…

There is a deep spiritual darkness hanging over this country right now
One must always look in the mirror.
Indeed.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine

User avatar
tlynn78
Posts: 7405
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:31 am
Location: Montana

Re: Rittenhouse trial

#24 Post by tlynn78 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:54 pm

Weyoun wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:32 pm
BackInTex wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:08 pm
tlynn78 wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:51 pm


Aren't you just one hell of a diagnostician? Do you even need to meet with patients to diagnose them? What a time-save that must be.
Sociopath to the good doctor, Good Samaritan to folks who value law and order.
This child goes around pretending to be a paramedic and a soldier, and you salute him as being completely normal.

He wasn’t there to help, he was there to participate in the melee.

If you look how he reacted, he pretty clearly was in over his head.

Which only makes sense. He didn’t know what he’s doing. He has no law enforcement or military training. Just showing up with a gun to a riot is it making anything better.

And you applaud him shooting three people? I don’t have much respect for those folks either, but I’m not understanding how their deaths made anything better.

The fact you seem so gleeful about it is tempting me to make some other diagnoses…

There is a deep spiritual darkness hanging over this country right now
I don't recall saluting or applauding. I think the justice system worked as it should, and I think that's excellent. You sure you don't work for MSNBC?
I mean, the nerve of that little jerk, cleaning graffiti and attempting to assist business owners trying to save their businesses. Good thing you can climb into his head and tell us all about him. And gleeful? LOL, you go ahead and 'diagnose' to your heart's content. You're right about the spiritual darkness. "Physician, heal thyself" comes to mind.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine

User avatar
BackInTex
Posts: 11440
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:43 pm
Location: In Texas of course!

Re: Rittenhouse trial

#25 Post by BackInTex » Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:18 pm

Weyoun wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:32 pm
BackInTex wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:08 pm
tlynn78 wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:51 pm


Aren't you just one hell of a diagnostician? Do you even need to meet with patients to diagnose them? What a time-save that must be.
Sociopath to the good doctor, Good Samaritan to folks who value law and order.
This child goes around pretending to be a paramedic and a soldier, and you salute him as being completely normal.

He wasn’t there to help, he was there to participate in the melee.

If you look how he reacted, he pretty clearly was in over his head.

Which only makes sense. He didn’t know what he’s doing. He has no law enforcement or military training. Just showing up with a gun to a riot is it making anything better.

And you applaud him shooting three people? I don’t have much respect for those folks either, but I’m not understanding how their deaths made anything better.

The fact you seem so gleeful about it is tempting me to make some other diagnoses…

There is a deep spiritual darkness hanging over this country right now
I fear for your patients. You ability to make assessments is terrible. Where have I applauded Rittenhouse? Where have I appeared gleeful he shot these people? Use the quote feature.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Post Reply