I may be incommunicado for a bit..

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Message
Author
User avatar
tlynn78
Posts: 7422
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:31 am
Location: Montana

Re: I may be incommunicado for a bit..

#26 Post by tlynn78 » Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:01 pm

Spock wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:37 pm
tlynn78 wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:44 pm
Spock wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 2:16 pm
I have good maps of Montana. Can I come too?

Sure, we may need a pack mule.
I have a genuine Cowboy hat that I could wear-although, I prefer to wear my 10 dollar Bush hat.

I may not be an actual hard-boiled, ring-tailed roarer from the back side of the mountain, but I can at least look like one.

I also plan to stretch the yarn just a little bit in future years and refer to the companions that I stol-er, I mean recovered the fortune from as "Young Ladies." It just works better that way for the grandkiddies.
I may need to re-assess my plans...
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine

Spock
Posts: 3549
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:01 pm

Re: I may be incommunicado for a bit..

#27 Post by Spock » Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:10 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:01 pm
Spock wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:37 pm
tlynn78 wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:44 pm



Sure, we may need a pack mule.
I have a genuine Cowboy hat that I could wear-although, I prefer to wear my 10 dollar Bush hat.

I may not be an actual hard-boiled, ring-tailed roarer from the back side of the mountain, but I can at least look like one.

I also plan to stretch the yarn just a little bit in future years and refer to the companions that I stol-er, I mean recovered the fortune from as "Young Ladies." It just works better that way for the grandkiddies.
I may need to re-assess my plans...
Maybe we all need to watch "Treasure of the Sierra Madre" as a model of what not to do.

Rubbing my hands together with glee. They will watch the movie and figure we are all on the same page.

User avatar
tlynn78
Posts: 7422
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:31 am
Location: Montana

Re: I may be incommunicado for a bit..

#28 Post by tlynn78 » Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:39 am

Spock wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:10 pm
tlynn78 wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:01 pm
Spock wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:37 pm


I have a genuine Cowboy hat that I could wear-although, I prefer to wear my 10 dollar Bush hat.

I may not be an actual hard-boiled, ring-tailed roarer from the back side of the mountain, but I can at least look like one.

I also plan to stretch the yarn just a little bit in future years and refer to the companions that I stol-er, I mean recovered the fortune from as "Young Ladies." It just works better that way for the grandkiddies.
I may need to re-assess my plans...
Maybe we all need to watch "Treasure of the Sierra Madre" as a model of what not to do.

Rubbing my hands together with glee. They will watch the movie and figure we are all on the same page.
:lol: :lol: :lol: You scoundrels are forgetting who has the journal...
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine

User avatar
Beebs52
Queen of Wack
Posts: 12106
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Location: Location.Location.Location

Re: I may be incommunicado for a bit..

#29 Post by Beebs52 » Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:46 am

We could take her to the saloon for moonshine, er, dinner and figure out logistics.
Well, then

User avatar
tlynn78
Posts: 7422
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:31 am
Location: Montana

Re: I may be incommunicado for a bit..

#30 Post by tlynn78 » Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:35 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:46 am
We could take her to the saloon for moonshine, er, dinner and figure out logistics.
Y'all would have fit right in bitd - the author apparently had to ditch some ne'er do wells who were on his tail more than once...
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine

Spock
Posts: 3549
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:01 pm

Re: I may be incommunicado for a bit..

#31 Post by Spock » Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:23 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:35 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:46 am
We could take her to the saloon for moonshine, er, dinner and figure out logistics.
Y'all would have fit right in bitd - the author apparently had to ditch some ne'er do wells who were on his tail more than once...
You know, the journal might be fake. I have some contacts at Frontier Partisans that might be able to help authenticate it. You should probably send it to Beebs and she will work with me on the verification and so forth. As all the tribes on the Plains say-"Beebs, She can be the trusted."

Except, maybe when Gold is involved.

User avatar
T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator
Posts: 6905
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:24 pm
Location: State of Confusion

Re: I may be incommunicado for a bit..

#32 Post by T_Bone0806 » Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:23 pm

Spock wrote: As all the tribes on the Plains say-"Beebs, She can be the trusted."

Except, maybe when Gold is involved.
or shoes.
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

Spock
Posts: 3549
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:01 pm

Re: I may be incommunicado for a bit..

#33 Post by Spock » Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:50 pm

I always knew if I hung around an internet Bored called "Who Wants to be a Millionaire' I would get my opportunity-Bwah,hah hah.

I mean get the opportunity to help a couple of young(ish?) ladies on an adventure-Yeah, that's it-I am only going along for the adventure.

User avatar
tlynn78
Posts: 7422
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:31 am
Location: Montana

Re: I may be incommunicado for a bit..

#34 Post by tlynn78 » Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:50 pm

T_Bone0806 wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:23 pm
Spock wrote: As all the tribes on the Plains say-"Beebs, She can be the trusted."

Except, maybe when Gold is involved.
or shoes.
Especially shoes.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine

Spock
Posts: 3549
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:01 pm

Re: I may be incommunicado for a bit..

#35 Post by Spock » Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:35 am

tlynn78 wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:50 pm
T_Bone0806 wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:23 pm
Spock wrote: As all the tribes on the Plains say-"Beebs, She can be the trusted."

Except, maybe when Gold is involved.
or shoes.
Especially shoes.
Good, we know her weakness. We can use that against her. Just spitballin' here, but my first thought is that as we cross the Crow lands on the way in we can get her to trade her share (to us) for a really fancy pair of beaded moccasins and we can also throw in a really nice pair of fancy cowboy boots.

Yeah, I know-you are going to say something like-"What share does she have? and Spock for that matter? I have the damn journal."

Do you like chocolate?

Spock
Posts: 3549
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:01 pm

Re: I may be incommunicado for a bit..

#36 Post by Spock » Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:50 am

Re-Beebs and shoes

Idea #2

After we find the treasure, I pull out a pair of $600 Mahnolo Blahnik pumps

She will be putty in my hands as she trades away her half er I mean, our hands as she trades away her third.

User avatar
Beebs52
Queen of Wack
Posts: 12106
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Location: Location.Location.Location

Re: I may be incommunicado for a bit..

#37 Post by Beebs52 » Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:00 am

Are you serious? Louboutin or you're both going down.
Well, then

User avatar
tlynn78
Posts: 7422
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:31 am
Location: Montana

Re: I may be incommunicado for a bit..

#38 Post by tlynn78 » Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:58 am

Beebs52 wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:00 am
Are you serious? Louboutin or you're both going down.
You're so easy. vixen.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine

User avatar
Beebs52
Queen of Wack
Posts: 12106
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Location: Location.Location.Location

Re: I may be incommunicado for a bit..

#39 Post by Beebs52 » Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:43 am

tlynn78 wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:58 am
Beebs52 wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:00 am
Are you serious? Louboutin or you're both going down.
You're so easy. vixen.
That's hussy to you.
Well, then

Spock
Posts: 3549
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:01 pm

Re: I may be incommunicado for a bit..

#40 Post by Spock » Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:12 pm

I may need some help from the peanut gallery.

Admittedly, I confuse myself a lot sometimes and I am not sure if I am working with Texas Lil against Montana Maggie or Montana Maggie against Texas Lil. Does anyone have a spreadsheet going because I don't have a clue.

Kind of reminds me of these 2 sisters in high school-I could never decide which one I liked and they had me chasing my tail every which way. Wait a second-they might be serious about gthe packhorse thing and well too bad so sad if a horse breaks a leg.

As an aside-any thread readers should especially enjoy watching Treasure of the Sierra Madre. It should strike close to home considering we have all seen how TGirl and Beebs behaved when they got the mere scent of gold.

User avatar
tlynn78
Posts: 7422
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:31 am
Location: Montana

Re: I may be incommunicado for a bit..

#41 Post by tlynn78 » Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:37 pm

Spock wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:12 pm
I may need some help from the peanut gallery.

Admittedly, I confuse myself a lot sometimes and I am not sure if I am working with Texas Lil against Montana Maggie or Montana Maggie against Texas Lil. Does anyone have a spreadsheet going because I don't have a clue.

Kind of reminds me of these 2 sisters in high school-I could never decide which one I liked and they had me chasing my tail every which way. Wait a second-they might be serious about gthe packhorse thing and well too bad so sad if a horse breaks a leg.

As an aside-any thread readers should especially enjoy watching Treasure of the Sierra Madre. It should strike close to home considering we have all seen how TGirl and Beebs behaved when they got the mere scent of gold.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine

Spock
Posts: 3549
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:01 pm

Re: I may be incommunicado for a bit..

#42 Post by Spock » Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:37 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:37 pm
Spock wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:12 pm
I may need some help from the peanut gallery.

Admittedly, I confuse myself a lot sometimes and I am not sure if I am working with Texas Lil against Montana Maggie or Montana Maggie against Texas Lil. Does anyone have a spreadsheet going because I don't have a clue.

Kind of reminds me of these 2 sisters in high school-I could never decide which one I liked and they had me chasing my tail every which way. Wait a second-they might be serious about gthe packhorse thing and well too bad so sad if a horse breaks a leg.

As an aside-any thread readers should especially enjoy watching Treasure of the Sierra Madre. It should strike close to home considering we have all seen how TGirl and Beebs behaved when they got the mere scent of gold.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Oh, Oh-my medicine might be warning me to be aware of 2 shady ladies. Many Native American tribes viewed the owl as a symbol of death. While deer hunting this evening-as twilight settled in-an owl almost hit me in the face. Yeah, Yeah-I can take a subtle hint with the best of them and I will sleep with both eyes open.

Interesting article on a Death Valley prospector in my new True West magazine-relevant quote.

>>>"He and a partner found ore so rich that, as miners say. 'it has the eagle stamped right on it'<<<<

That's the kind of mother lode we are after ladies. We can do the split as if afterward.

Kind of funny that one of the books I am, currently reading is called "We Pointed Them North"-probably the best cowboy memoir. A lot of Texas vs Montana stuff in the book with all the Texas cowboys driving cattle to Montana and so forth.

While he ended up marrying very well-Granville Stuart's half Shoshone daughter-early on in the book his female company wasn't quite so distinguished-lots of fun names in that part.

User avatar
tlynn78
Posts: 7422
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:31 am
Location: Montana

Re: I may be incommunicado for a bit..

#43 Post by tlynn78 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:35 am

Spock wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:37 pm
tlynn78 wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:37 pm
Spock wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:12 pm
I may need some help from the peanut gallery.

Admittedly, I confuse myself a lot sometimes and I am not sure if I am working with Texas Lil against Montana Maggie or Montana Maggie against Texas Lil. Does anyone have a spreadsheet going because I don't have a clue.

Kind of reminds me of these 2 sisters in high school-I could never decide which one I liked and they had me chasing my tail every which way. Wait a second-they might be serious about gthe packhorse thing and well too bad so sad if a horse breaks a leg.

As an aside-any thread readers should especially enjoy watching Treasure of the Sierra Madre. It should strike close to home considering we have all seen how TGirl and Beebs behaved when they got the mere scent of gold.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Oh, Oh-my medicine might be warning me to be aware of 2 shady ladies. Many Native American tribes viewed the owl as a symbol of death. While deer hunting this evening-as twilight settled in-an owl almost hit me in the face. Yeah, Yeah-I can take a subtle hint with the best of them and I will sleep with both eyes open.

Interesting article on a Death Valley prospector in my new True West magazine-relevant quote.

>>>"He and a partner found ore so rich that, as miners say. 'it has the eagle stamped right on it'<<<<

That's the kind of mother lode we are after ladies. We can do the split as if afterward.

Kind of funny that one of the books I am, currently reading is called "We Pointed Them North"-probably the best cowboy memoir. A lot of Texas vs Montana stuff in the book with all the Texas cowboys driving cattle to Montana and so forth.

While he ended up marrying very well-Granville Stuart's half Shoshone daughter-early on in the book his female company wasn't quite so distinguished-lots of fun names in that part.
I've come across some fun finds in our old judgment books - Kit Carson comes to mind, and there are others. Our oldest marriage license was issued before Montana was a state.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine

Spock
Posts: 3549
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:01 pm

Re: I may be incommunicado for a bit..

#44 Post by Spock » Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:31 pm

Rotten Tomatoes on Treasure of the Sierra Madre

>>>"In this classic adventure film, two rough-and-tumble wanderers, Dobbs (Humphrey Bogart) and Curtin (Tim Holt), meet up with a veteran prospector, Howard (Walter Huston), in Mexico and head into the Sierra Madre mountains to find gold. Although they discover treasure, they also find plenty of trouble, not only from ruthless bandits lurking in the dangerous Mexican wilderness but from their own insecurities and greed, which threaten to bring conflict at any moment."<<<

LOL

User avatar
Beebs52
Queen of Wack
Posts: 12106
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Location: Location.Location.Location

Re: I may be incommunicado for a bit..

#45 Post by Beebs52 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:14 pm

We don't follow others' narratives. We make our own. Therefore, tgirlie, I'll have my people get with your people, and if Spock has people, they'll people up with our people and hammer out a contract.

While they do all that go ahead and give me the map and whatever and I'll craft an itinerary.
Well, then

Spock
Posts: 3549
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:01 pm

Re: I may be incommunicado for a bit..

#46 Post by Spock » Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:20 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:14 pm
We don't follow others' narratives. We make our own. Therefore, tgirlie, I'll have my people get with your people, and if Spock has people, they'll people up with our people and hammer out a contract.

While they do all that go ahead and give me the map and whatever and I'll craft an itinerary.
I only have one people and his name is Sheldon Cooper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1lvzsQW68w

Well, I only have one people for contracts. I may (or may not) have other people for dirty work help in the mountains.

If Spock has people-That is funny.

User avatar
Beebs52
Queen of Wack
Posts: 12106
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Location: Location.Location.Location

Re: I may be incommunicado for a bit..

#47 Post by Beebs52 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:28 pm

Spock wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:20 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:14 pm
We don't follow others' narratives. We make our own. Therefore, tgirlie, I'll have my people get with your people, and if Spock has people, they'll people up with our people and hammer out a contract.

While they do all that go ahead and give me the map and whatever and I'll craft an itinerary.
I only have one people and his name is Sheldon Cooper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1lvzsQW68w

Well, I only have one people for contracts. I may (or may not) have other people for dirty work help in the mountains.

If Spock has people-That is funny.
Well you don't strike me as an agent/lawyery type.
Well, then

Spock
Posts: 3549
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:01 pm

Re: I may be incommunicado for a bit..

#48 Post by Spock » Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:38 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:28 pm
Spock wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:20 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:14 pm
We don't follow others' narratives. We make our own. Therefore, tgirlie, I'll have my people get with your people, and if Spock has people, they'll people up with our people and hammer out a contract.

While they do all that go ahead and give me the map and whatever and I'll craft an itinerary.
I only have one people and his name is Sheldon Cooper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1lvzsQW68w

Well, I only have one people for contracts. I may (or may not) have other people for dirty work help in the mountains.

If Spock has people-That is funny.
Well you don't strike me as an agent/lawyery type.
Wait till you meet my people-they definitely won't strike you as the agent/lawyery type. They are a little more rough around the edges than you might expect. My peeps at Frontier Partisans are making their plans as we speak.

Hey, TGirlie. I have been in contact with Sheldon and the Frontier Partisans and we he needs the journal to draw up the contract.

User avatar
Beebs52
Queen of Wack
Posts: 12106
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Location: Location.Location.Location

Re: I may be incommunicado for a bit..

#49 Post by Beebs52 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:43 pm

Spock wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:38 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:28 pm
Spock wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:20 pm


I only have one people and his name is Sheldon Cooper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1lvzsQW68w

Well, I only have one people for contracts. I may (or may not) have other people for dirty work help in the mountains.

If Spock has people-That is funny.
Well you don't strike me as an agent/lawyery type.
Wait till you meet my people-they definitely won't strike you as the agent/lawyery type. They are a little more rough around the edges than you might expect. My peeps at Frontier Partisans are making their plans as we speak.

Hey, TGirlie. I have been in contact with Sheldon and the Frontier Partisans and we he needs the journal to draw up the contract.
Apparently you didn't comprehend "whatever". Why don't you tighten the reins on your peep until I CRAFT MY ITINERARY
Well, then

Spock
Posts: 3549
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:01 pm

Re: I may be incommunicado for a bit..

#50 Post by Spock » Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:01 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:43 pm
Spock wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:38 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:28 pm


Well you don't strike me as an agent/lawyery type.
Wait till you meet my people-they definitely won't strike you as the agent/lawyery type. They are a little more rough around the edges than you might expect. My peeps at Frontier Partisans are making their plans as we speak.

Hey, TGirlie. I have been in contact with Sheldon and the Frontier Partisans and we he needs the journal to draw up the contract.
Apparently you didn't comprehend "whatever". Why don't you tighten the reins on your peep until I CRAFT MY ITINERARY
Subtle baseball bat to the side of the head message received. Wink-Wink

You are not the first female over the years who has had to whack me upside the head with a baseball bat for me to get a clue.

Post Reply