Aloha!

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BackInTex

Aloha!

#1 Post by BackInTex » Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:25 pm

Mrs. BiT and I booked our 30th Anniversary trip to Hawaii for June 2020. 2000 was our 30th year, but the actual anniversary was March of this year. We honeymooned there and haven't been back since. Wanted to go at 10, but 4 young kids and I was just changing jobs, so we decided to wait until 20. But then we couldn't afford it at 20 because, well, 4 kids. So at 30 we for sure would go back. Booked and paid for the trip in December 2019.

Then COVID hit. Hawaii shut down. It was only going to be a couple of weeks so I cancelled everything and rebooked for the end of July 2020. Nope.

So I cancelled everything and rebooked for November 2020. Hawaii was open but required $200 tests each a day or so before, well after I could cancel the hotel reservations should we test positive, plus there was no inter-island travel. We wanted to see Oahu and Kauai (stayed on Maui for our honeymoon). So cancelled those plans as well.

This past August I had lunch with someone from work who was going in October. Hmmmm.... So I did the research and booked the trip. 3 nights on Waikiki Beach then a hop over to Kauai for 5 nights. Most everything is working out as planned. Got an upgraded room on Waikiki, we got upgraded to Premium Economy on the flight over (then I got upgraded to 1st and Mrs. BiT was next on the list but I didn't want to chance we would not be seated together so I told United to put me back with her and lock us from getting upgraded again). We will get upgraded food options and free drinks, so its like regular first class, just no laydown sleeper seats. We won't need them on the way over. Coming back probably no such luck. They changed planes so there are only 12 first class seats, so we will stay in economy (but with the extra legroom).

We leave tomorrow morning.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

Re: Aloha!

#2 Post by Beebs52 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:31 pm

Mahalo! Means thank you, but you know...
Well, then

tlynn78

#3 Post by tlynn78 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:34 pm

Have a fabulous time! Hawaii is so beautiful.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

silverscreenselect

#4 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:37 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:25 pm
3 nights on Waikiki Beach then a hop over to Kauai for 5 nights.
Kauai is a lovely island. Mrs. SSS and I spent three nights there in the early days of our marriage.

Have a great time out there.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Bob Juch

#5 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:42 pm

Heather spent three weeks there last month. She was working so got just one day on a beach.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

#6 Post by T_Bone0806 » Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:50 pm

Hope you're having/had a good time.
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

Spock

#7 Post by Spock » Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:25 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:37 pm
BackInTex wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:25 pm
3 nights on Waikiki Beach then a hop over to Kauai for 5 nights.
Kauai is a lovely island. Mrs. SSS and I spent three nights there in the early days of our marriage.

Have a great time out there.
I am surprised that you could find enough Golden Corrals there to eat at.

silverscreenselect

#8 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:32 pm

Spock wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:25 pm
We actually did eat at a buffet in downtown Honolulu one night (we had rented a car so we weren't stuck at Waikiki). I don't recall them having steaks, but they had a lot of ribs and a lot of the other diners were big native Hawaiians. This place catered to the locals. I found it in one of those Hawaii on $20 a Day books (pre-internet era).

Bob Juch

#9 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:51 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:32 pm
Spock wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:25 pm
We actually did eat at a buffet in downtown Honolulu one night (we had rented a car so we weren't stuck at Waikiki). I don't recall them having steaks, but they had a lot of ribs and a lot of the other diners were big native Hawaiians. This place catered to the locals. I found it in one of those Hawaii on $20 a Day books (pre-internet era).
So how was your Yaris rental?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

silverscreenselect

#10 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:35 am

Bob Juch wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:51 pm
So how was your Yaris rental?
This was 30+ years ago, so I don't remember the rental company. I do remember that we got a ticket in Kauai because the car didn't have an up-to-date inspection sticker. The cop said to just give it to the rent-a-car company when I turned the car in.