Some old familiar faces

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob Juch

Some old familiar faces

#1 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:02 am

For those of you not on EFB.

This was one of the teams at O’Brien’s in Santa Monica last night.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

BackInTex

Re: Some old familiar faces

#2 Post by BackInTex » Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:55 am

I recognize 3 of the 5, sort of recognize the guy with the fingers down. Don't recognize the young pup in the back.

Nancy's husband, Nancy, and ulysses5019?
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob Juch

#3 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:47 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:55 am
I recognize 3 of the 5, sort of recognize the guy with the fingers down. Don't recognize the young pup in the back.

The young guy, Hans von Walter, has never been here. He's well known to those of us who went to Las Vegas every year for the trivia championships.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#4 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:03 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:47 pm
BackInTex wrote:

The young guy, Hans von Walter, has never been here. He's well known to those of us who went to Las Vegas every year for the trivia championships.
Wasn't he here as HansVonHans? Or HanzzVon? Or maybe just hanzz. I'm pretty sure he was here under a name something like that. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Bob Juch

#5 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:59 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:03 pm
Bob Juch wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:47 pm
BackInTex wrote:

Wasn't he here as HansVonHans? Or HanzzVon? Or maybe just hanzz. I'm pretty sure he was here under a name something like that. --Bob
I suppose he was. I'm pretty sure he never met anyone at WWTBAM functions.

He's now a Geriatric Psychiatrist at West Los Angeles VA Medical Center. That's was the Sawtelle Old Soldier's Home back in 1904 when Joe Yancey, my great-great-grandfather died there.