Wha?

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BackInTex

Re: Wha?

#26 Post by BackInTex » Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:25 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:20 pm
BackInTex wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:03 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:51 pm
And yet you have no apparent objection to tampons being provided in rest rooms designated for women.

You'll have to forgive me for thinking that the resistance to this is driven by hateful attitudes such as BiT freely expresses here, rather than any real economic concern. --Bob
There you go with the name calling. There is no hate. You need a mirror
If it's not hate, it's fear.
For the future of our society. True.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#27 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:30 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:51 pm
And yet you have no apparent objection to tampons being provided in rest rooms designated for women.

You'll have to forgive me for thinking that the resistance to this is driven by hateful attitudes such as BiT freely expresses here, rather than any real economic concern. --Bob
You, apparently, didn't read the initial post either. Trust me, I know more about tampons et al than you and Bob. And I guarantee you that no woman, trans or not, is staking their identity on skanky women's products sold in a college bathroom. And any trans person my age is probably laughing at you all.
Well, then

tlynn78

#28 Post by tlynn78 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:14 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:30 pm
Bob Juch wrote:
BackInTex wrote:

You, apparently, didn't read the initial post either. Trust me, I know more about tampons et al than you and Bob. And I guarantee you that no woman, trans or not, is staking their identity on skanky women's products sold in a college bathroom. And any trans person my age is probably laughing at you all.
Un-freaking-doubtedly.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Bob Juch

#29 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:29 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:25 pm
Bob Juch wrote:
BackInTex wrote:

No, it's your society, not ours.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

tlynn78

#30 Post by tlynn78 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:15 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:29 pm
BackInTex wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:25 pm
Bob Juch wrote:

No, it's your society, not ours.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

silverscreenselect

#31 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:11 pm

A student at one of America's most famous historically-female colleges implored bosses to install tampon and sanitary pad dispensers in men's bathrooms to be more inclusive to 'those with uteruses.' Smith College student writer Jade Mosely made the suggestion in a piece entitled Smith Has A Period Problem for the college's paper The Sophian. ...

The writer, whose name does not appear anywhere in college directories, or the newspaper's staff list, claimed that house bathrooms and other public restrooms on campus are not installed with dispensers for students.
So a person who may or may not be a student at Smith College or on the college staff publishes an opinion piece in the independent, student-run school newspaper and suddenly this becomes a cause celebre for right wing news outlets around the world with the Daily Mail devoting nine bullet points to it. When I was a student, people published kooky letters to the newspaper all the time (I remember one who complained that he couldn't get gasoline for 9/10 of a cent a gallon because they took down the number of cents on the price sign at a local gas station, leaving only the 9/10). Most of those people would love it if anyone even discussed their letter. But somehow this becomes international news reflecting, I guess, the attitude of students at Smith.

Here is the link to the actual piece: https://thesophian.com/smith-has-a-period-problem/

If you'll note, the gist of Jade Mosely's complaint is that the school's tampon machines run out and aren't always replaced. (As a veteran of hundreds, if not thousands, of public restrooms in my life, I can tell you that the toilet paper in those bathrooms isn't always replaced either.) Mosely is also upset that the machines aren't free. I guess spending $56,000 a year doesn't leave students with a nickel left over for an extra tampon. Her comment about tampons being made available in men's bathrooms is thrown in almost as an afterthought.

Not surprisingly, Smith College declined to comment. The Daily Mail goes on to add a lot of extraneous material to its article, starting with an Instagram group. "Bathrooms of Smith College," which supports Mosely's claim that the tampon machines on campus are often empty. They then quote AOC (always a good target for rightwingers) and bring up an unrelated case from three years earlier in which a black student claimed she had been racially profiled when police were called when she was eating a meal at a school cafeteria after it had closed. They then finish by mentioning an ACLU article about providing free menstrual products in public restrooms and adding briefly that those should include men's restrooms as well.

So what you've got is a single opinion piece in a student newspaper written by someone who may or may not be a student about the unavailability of free tampons in restrooms and it becomes somehow a mass effort to install tampon machines in men's rooms. This is how the right wing keeps its minions fired up, by taking every stray comment from any liberal and turning it into a major culture war.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#32 Post by Beebs52 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:31 am

This ishow the right wing keeps its minions fired up, by taking every stray comment from any liberal and turning it into a major culture war

No. You did not read my original post, which was about absurdity and grossness of these items in public bathrooms in general. YOU are making it about "right wingers". That's what you do.

I find your dismissal of my stance misogynistic and evidence of bigotry.

(stomping feet and throwing a snit cause I can)
Well, then

silverscreenselect

#33 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:06 am

Beebs52 wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:31 am
This ishow the right wing keeps its minions fired up, by taking every stray comment from any liberal and turning it into a major culture war

No. You did not read my original post, which was about absurdity and grossness of these items in public bathrooms in general. YOU are making it about "right wingers". That's what you do.

I did read your original comment. The very first reply to your comment was from BiT, who didn't refer to the "absurdity and grossness of these items in public bathrooms in general." His comment:
There is a faction of the Democratic party that wants this here.
That's what turned this thread into a political issue, which demonstrates the point I made about how the right wing keeps its minions fired up.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#34 Post by Beebs52 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:10 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:06 am
Beebs52 wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:31 am

I did read your original comment. The very first reply to your comment was from BiT, who didn't refer to the "absurdity and grossness of these items in public bathrooms in general." His comment:
There is a faction of the Democratic party that wants this here.
That's what turned this thread into a political issue, which demonstrates the point I made about how the right wing keeps its minions fired up.
Well, qed, the man genders can't stick to the point. I win.
Well, then

A Non E. Muss

#35 Post by A Non E. Muss » Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:43 pm

Here we go again with the political posts. :(

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#36 Post by Beebs52 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:50 pm

I tried to be absurd but failed.
Well, then

Vandal
Director of Promos

#37 Post by Vandal » Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:35 pm

All this thread needs is a Carrie reference:

_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#38 Post by Beebs52 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:46 pm

Vandal wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:35 pm

😁
Well, then

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#39 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:30 pm

Vandal wrote:

Seriously, Vandal?

Just what the hell do you have against psychopathic telekinetic pyromaniacs? Geez, I thought more of you than that. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

tlynn78

#40 Post by tlynn78 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:31 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:46 pm
Vandal wrote:

😁
Gah! That movie gave me my first 'jump scare' (that I remember)