RIP Peter Scolari

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Vandal
Director of Promos

RIP Peter Scolari

#1 Post by Vandal » Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:26 am

Peter Scolari Dies: Emmy-Winning ‘Bosom Buddies’, ‘Newhart’, ‘Girls’ Actor Was 66

Peter Scolari, the prolific television and stage actor who found instant fame and a lifelong friendship with Tom Hanks when the two co-starred in the hit 1980 TV comedy Bosom Buddies, died early this morning following a two-year battle with cancer. He was 66.

His death was announced by Ellen Lubin Sanitsky at Wright Entertainment.

Scolari’s 43-year show business career included such highlights as his Emmy-nominated series regular role of producer Michael Harris on Bob Newhart’s 1984-90 comedy Newhart, an Emmy-winning recurring role as the father of Lena Dunham’s character on HBO’s Girls, and, most recently, his role as Bishop Thomas Marx on the CBS supernatural drama Evil

https://deadline.com/2021/10/peter-scol ... 234860691/
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

triviawayne

Re: RIP Peter Scolari

#2 Post by triviawayne » Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:36 am

Wow. He was on CNNs history of sitcoms, and I thought he wasn’t aging well. Didn’t know he was sick.

Ritterskoop

#3 Post by Ritterskoop » Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:35 pm

Poor guy was always compared to his friend Tom Hanks, who made it in movies, while Scolari was the glue that held together any number of shows and stage productions.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

silverscreenselect

#4 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:58 pm

Ritterskoop wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:35 pm
Poor guy was always compared to his friend Tom Hanks, who made it in movies, while Scolari was the glue that held together any number of shows and stage productions.
I loved Bosom Buddies and thought they were equally funny. At the time Hanks got his big break in Splash, Scolari actually had the better career resume. But I think the reason Hanks got the break and Scolari didn't is that Hanks was 6 feet tall and Scolari was 5'7"
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com