RIP Silvercamaro

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Beebs52
Queen of Wack

RIP Silvercamaro

#1 Post by Beebs52 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:27 pm

Please do not share this on any other forum, etc. Please.

I expect her to jump in and say the reports of her demise are greatly exaggerated but I can't find anyone to refute.
Here is her obituary, which I found on Friday.
https://obituaries.normantranscript.com ... 1083183904

Since then Kay, Skoop and I have been trying to communicate with her family, newspaper, etc to no avail. I last spoke to her in May and sent texts and called after with no luck. Phone # for her, her (ex)husband and listings for sons are disconnected. I received an email from a past co-worker, who had posted on her obituary, who had only heard she'd been ill and was in Tulsa. She hadn't spoken with her in years.

Judy was brilliant, funny, skewed, talented, kind and when I first met her in Birmingham for an audition she assured me she wasn't an ax murderer even though she had a potato peeler in her luggage. We roomed together at the hotel.

Since then I and many others met up with her in Norman and elsewhere for many hijinks.

If anyone has any info please let us all know. She was a gem.
Well, then

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

Re: RIP Silvercamaro

#2 Post by kayrharris » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:37 pm

I am truly sad. I loved Judy, her wit, her knowledge, her generous hospitality when I showed up in Norman and her undying love for her precious animals.

I will miss her terribly.
She was a true gem.

kay
"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. "
Benjamin Franklin

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#3 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:40 pm

Oh, no. I’d realized it had been a while since she posted but I assumed she just hadn’t seen anything she cared to engage with. I met her in person and will remember her as a class act. —Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Ritterskoop

#4 Post by Ritterskoop » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:47 pm

Judy inspired me to work on a project on women and girls in sports, which finally did publish, long after the conversation that sparked it. She was a super human being, and I'm sure she has her own corner of whatever afterlife awaits us, filled with former rescue dogs.

Anyone who loved her or admired her, do please donate to the rescue organization found in the link on Beebs' post. It is a tiny bit of printing out a thing, writing an actual check, and finding a stamp, but you can do it. I want them to be blown away by how many of us appreciated our Camaro.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

BackInTex

#5 Post by BackInTex » Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:06 pm

I am truly saddened by this. Judy was a class act. I met her once in person and spoke with her on the phone during the war dialing days. R.I.P.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

jaybee

#6 Post by jaybee » Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:40 pm

Judy was the very first BB that I ever met in person. Like Beebs - At the Birmingham auditions. She was, and always will be a class act. I know that prior to the auditions I had some qualms about actually meeting some of these "internet people". Judy not only proved that this group is made of just real people but turned out to be one of those really nice people that you are glad to have met. We had some BAM meet-ups, some cards and phone calls over the years but I too, had not talked to her in several years now. I will miss her. The world just became a little less classy.

She will always hold the record for the best, "Why I was late to BAM" story.
Jaybee

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#7 Post by SportsFan68 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:21 pm

Among the population comprising people I've met online, it would be difficult to find someone I admire more than Judy. Nah, not difficult -- impossible.

Even when she disagreed with me, she did it in such a kind and noncombative way, totally unlike the sarcasm (or worse) I've seen in other instances.

And whoever said she has the absolute best story for being late to WWTBAM is absolutely right. Sometimes I imagine that phone call . . . "Hello, WWTBAM producer, may I please reschedule? A telephone pole just fell on my Camaro on the way to the airport, missing my head by about three feet . . ."

Missing her . . .
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

wbtravis007

#8 Post by wbtravis007 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:37 pm

Wow. I came on bored this evening because I figured there would be a thread about Colin Powell and I was going to express my sadness — (I knew him when he was a colonel) — and comment on what a class act he was.

Then I see this about silver-c and Christie1111, and I’m really just saddened so much more. I knew them only from the bored, but still.

The “classy”description obviously applies to them all.

I really enjoyed silver-c’s sense of humor and the times that she would rip somebody — (usually me) — a new one if she wanted to. It was obvious that she was brilliant.

Shedding a tear and saying a prayer tonight.

a1mamacat

#9 Post by a1mamacat » Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:43 pm

I didn’t think my heart could hurt anymore this past week, but it is raw and bleeding again.

Sliver, you beautiful B. O. B.,
you will be incredibly missed.
Lover of Soft Animals and Fine Art
1st annual international BBBL Champeeeeen!

ghostjmf

#10 Post by ghostjmf » Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:09 pm

Oh no.

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#11 Post by littlebeast13 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:29 pm

I'm glad I was a part of chat back in the day, because if I weren't, I'd have never been convinced to tag along to Gridiron five times (really just once.... after the first time, even a wallflower like me was excited to go again). She was a gracious host, a lovely lady, and a true friend to creatures great and small. I would not have Evil Squirrel without her....

RIP Judy

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

mellytu74

#12 Post by mellytu74 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:35 pm

The other day, I was going through papers and found AnnieCamaro's Four-Legged BB certificate for Miss Denise.

Sliver and the doggies have all been on my mind so much this week. That wonderful sense of humor. The kindness. The sheer B.O.B-ness of her.

I want to play FNGD. And chat.

And I miss the White Hot Glare.

Phil Ken Sebbin

#13 Post by Phil Ken Sebbin » Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:54 pm

Hey all,
It's been a while but I wanted to give my respects for Judy.
I had never met her in person but she had worked and volunteered to be a PAF for me before it was taken away at the last minute. I had a few conversations over the phone and she was a sweetheart.
Thank you, SC, for sharing your time with me.
"Once had an awkward moment, just to see how it felt."

"I had a wonderful time, but this wasn't it." - Groucho Marx

"Oooohhh, you wascally wabbit!" - Elmer Fudd

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#14 Post by kayrharris » Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:59 pm

LB, in looking for contact information I’m sad to say the Gridiron Show is no longer. Me and my fear of dogs and Annie slept with me two nights. 90 pounds of dog and she took up the whole bed. Our late night after show IHOP meals with much laughter. Me getting in and out of that Camaro! What a sight to behold and yes, getting you all the way to Oklahoma and socializing with us, I think Beebs was riding with you when you had a wreck in front of Whataburger after leaving the bowling alley.

I have been very sad. Remember the good times. We had plenty.

kay
Benjamin Franklin

melleon

#15 Post by melleon » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:54 pm

Saddest week in Bored history. My son and I loved seeing “Silvercamaro” on the leader board of the enhanced TV online game, always in the top 5 along with RobWilson.

hermillion
Bored Millionaire

#16 Post by hermillion » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:33 pm

Heartbroken. Judy was the first Buddy I met in person, and gently introduced me to this world of fans that I never knew existed before my own appearance. You guys were a little intimidating, but - any friend of SC was a friend of mine! Gridiron weekends were a blast, and I'm sorry to hear that institution is no more! Dinners "out" with Judy always led to stunned waiters listening to her very specific order of a baked potato with cheese - and butter - and cheese -- and sour cream - oh, and did I mention - cheese! AnnieCamero inspired herjosie to make her first forays online, and we both appreciated the encouragement. We shared a fanship for the Oklahoma Sooners, and I'm sure she would have been delighted this season! The world is a little less gracious. :(
"If you think in terms of a year, plant a seed; if in terms of ten years, plant a tree; if in terms of a hundred years, teach the people." - Confucious

"Who dares to teach must never cease to learn." -- John Cotton Dana

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

#17 Post by T_Bone0806 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:38 pm

I'm devastated. That's all I have to say..except I hope Annie came running over the Rainbow Bridge to greet her.
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

silverscreenselect

#18 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:56 pm

I realize Judy died over a month ago, but, for us, that's two veterans gone in a week. Both classy people; both I would have loved to meet. It feels a lot sadder this week.

Our sympathies to both the families.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

TheCalvinator24

#19 Post by TheCalvinator24 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:44 pm

She was there to cheer me on at the end of the OKC Marathon in 2012. I’ll never forget that. You are missed, SilverC
It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. —Albus Dumbledore

franktangredi

#20 Post by franktangredi » Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:08 am

I am so, so sorry to hear about this. What a lovely lady she was.

Of course, she has been honored in every general knowledge game I've posted for years. And she will continue to be.

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#21 Post by littlebeast13 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:46 am

kayrharris wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:59 pm
LB, in looking for contact information I’m sad to say the Gridiron Show is no longer. Me and my fear of dogs and Annie slept with me two nights. 90 pounds of dog and she took up the whole bed. Our late night after show IHOP meals with much laughter. Me getting in and out of that Camaro! What a sight to behold and yes, getting you all the way to Oklahoma and socializing with us, I think Beebs was riding with you when you had a wreck in front of Whataburger after leaving the bowling alley.

I have been very sad. Remember the good times. We had plenty.

kay

Sprots was along for that ride from hell too. We were headed there from the bowling alley, which was another Gridiron tradition, at least for me and Sprots...

I also didn't know if I still had this photo because Photobucket is holding my images for ransom, but luckily I uploaded it to my blog at some point in time....
Silvercamaro posing with the LBN, from Gridiron 2010
lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#22 Post by kayrharris » Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:50 am

Yes! I forgot Sprouts with you. Is that the famous Neon? What a great photo. I’m glad you found it.

kay
Benjamin Franklin

themanintheseersuckersuit

#23 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:33 am

A best friend I never met
Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.

themanintheseersuckersuit

#24 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:45 am

The link to donate is https://www.secondchancenorman.com/donate/
You donate first and then send and email
Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.

Vandal
Director of Promos

#25 Post by Vandal » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:10 am

So sorry to hear about this. By all accounts, she was the real deal. RIP Ms. Murphy.
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster