Yay 'stros!

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Post Reply
Message
Author
User avatar
Beebs52
Queen of Wack
Posts: 11940
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Location: Location.Location.Location

Yay 'stros!

#1 Post by Beebs52 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:22 pm

Do not EVEN peeps. Red Sox next
Well, then

User avatar
Astros Trash Can
Merry Man
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:51 am
Location: The instant replay room

Re: Yay 'stros!

#2 Post by Astros Trash Can » Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:40 pm

<BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!> <BANG!>
CLANG! CLANG! CLANG!

User avatar
Beebs52
Queen of Wack
Posts: 11940
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Location: Location.Location.Location

Re: Yay 'stros!

#3 Post by Beebs52 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:02 pm

Very nice.
Well, then

User avatar
BackInTex
Posts: 11382
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:43 pm
Location: In Texas of course!

Re: Yay 'stros!

#4 Post by BackInTex » Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:26 pm

Should be a good ALCS for us. We owned Boston this year. 5-2
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
Vandal
Director of Promos
Posts: 5408
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:42 pm
Location: Literary Circles
Contact:

Re: Yay 'stros!

#5 Post by Vandal » Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:43 am

BackInTex wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:26 pm
Should be a good ALCS for us. We owned Boston this year. 5-2
So did Tampa Bay, 11-8.

It's refreshing to see that the most hated team in a sport is not from New England.

The Fenway crowd will be relentless. Sox in 7.
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Working on:
Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

User avatar
BackInTex
Posts: 11382
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:43 pm
Location: In Texas of course!

Re: Yay 'stros!

#6 Post by BackInTex » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:26 am

Vandal wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:43 am
BackInTex wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:26 pm
Should be a good ALCS for us. We owned Boston this year. 5-2
So did Tampa Bay, 11-8.

It's refreshing to see that the most hated team in a sport is not from New England.

The Fenway crowd will be relentless. Sox in 7.
The Sox will win Game 7 because they will be playing by themselves as the Astros will be preparing to face the Giants after Game 6.

As far as most hated team, how can you hate a team who's best player is only 5' 6" and 165 lbs? And when the coach of the team they are playing was the mastermind of whatever you may think you hate the team for.

But I get it, I guess. The Astros have been in the AL only 9 years and have made the ALCS 5 straight times. Meanwhile the Yankees have only been there twice in those 9 years, losing both time to the Astros.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
BackInTex
Posts: 11382
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:43 pm
Location: In Texas of course!

Re: Yay 'stros!

#7 Post by BackInTex » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:28 am

BackInTex wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:26 am
Vandal wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:43 am
BackInTex wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:26 pm
Should be a good ALCS for us. We owned Boston this year. 5-2
So did Tampa Bay, 11-8.

It's refreshing to see that the most hated team in a sport is not from New England.

The Fenway crowd will be relentless. Sox in 7.
The Sox will win Game 7 because they will be playing by themselves as the Astros will be preparing to face the Giants after Game 6.

As far as most hated team, how can you hate a team who's best player is only 5' 6" and 165 lbs? And when the coach of the team they are playing was the mastermind of whatever you may think you hate the team for.

But I get it, I guess. The Astros have been in the AL only 9 years and have made the ALCS 5 straight times. Meanwhile the Yankees have only been there twice in those 9 years, losing both times to the Astros.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
littlebeast13
Dumbass
Posts: 30625
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:20 pm
Location: Between the Suavitel and Fabuloso
Contact:

Re: Yay 'stros!

#8 Post by littlebeast13 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:51 am

BackInTex wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:26 am
But I get it, I guess. The Astros have been in the AL only 9 years and have made the ALCS 5 straight times. Meanwhile the Yankees have only been there twice in those 9 years, losing both time to the Astros.
The Astros have been in the last four ALCS's.

The Astros have won both ALCS's where their opponent was the Yankees.

The Astros have lost both ALCS's where their opponent was any other team.

The Astros opponent in the 2021 ALCS is the Red Sox.

Ergo, the Astros will lose the 2021 ALCS.

Right?

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

User avatar
T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator
Posts: 6870
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:24 pm
Location: State of Confusion

Re: Yay 'stros!

#9 Post by T_Bone0806 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:14 am

Go Bills!
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

User avatar
Vandal
Director of Promos
Posts: 5408
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:42 pm
Location: Literary Circles
Contact:

Re: Yay 'stros!

#10 Post by Vandal » Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:37 am

In those nine years of AL existence, only one team has multiple World Series titles.
Who could it be?

Reality: Back in the spring, no one picked the Red Sox to win more than 80ish games. Then after their mid-summer free fall, no one expected then to make the playoffs. Anything that happens from here out is above and beyond the call.

Sox in 7.
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Working on:
Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

User avatar
mrkelley23
Posts: 5992
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:48 pm
Location: Somewhere between Bureaucracy and Despair

Re: Yay 'stros!

#11 Post by mrkelley23 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:53 am

Dusty will find a way to blow it. One thing he's really good at, is losing playoff games.
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman

User avatar
BackInTex
Posts: 11382
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:43 pm
Location: In Texas of course!

Re: Yay 'stros!

#12 Post by BackInTex » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:03 am

littlebeast13 wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:51 am
BackInTex wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:26 am
But I get it, I guess. The Astros have been in the AL only 9 years and have made the ALCS 5 straight times. Meanwhile the Yankees have only been there twice in those 9 years, losing both time to the Astros.
The Astros have been in the last four ALCS's.

The Astros have won both ALCS's where their opponent was the Yankees.

The Astros have lost both ALCS's where their opponent was any other team.

The Astros opponent in the 2021 ALCS is the Red Sox.

Ergo, the Astros will lose the 2021 ALCS.

Right?

lb13
No, it's based on odd/even years. Astros win ALCS in odd years (2017, 2019, 2021, etc.)
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
earendel
Posts: 13223
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:25 am
Location: mired in the bureaucracy

Re: Yay 'stros!

#13 Post by earendel » Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:45 pm

Not to put a damper on things, but weren't the Astros accused of (and found to have done) stealing opposing teams' signals in 2017 and 2018?
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

User avatar
Beebs52
Queen of Wack
Posts: 11940
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Location: Location.Location.Location

Re: Yay 'stros!

#14 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:47 pm

earendel wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:45 pm
Not to put a damper on things, but weren't the Astros accused of (and found to have done) stealing opposing teams' signals in 2017 and 2018?
Sorta old news. Reference bang bang etc
Well, then

User avatar
BackInTex
Posts: 11382
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:43 pm
Location: In Texas of course!

Re: Yay 'stros!

#15 Post by BackInTex » Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:55 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:26 am
Vandal wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:43 am
BackInTex wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:26 pm
Should be a good ALCS for us. We owned Boston this year. 5-2
So did Tampa Bay, 11-8.

It's refreshing to see that the most hated team in a sport is not from New England.

The Fenway crowd will be relentless. Sox in 7.
The Sox will win Game 7 because they will be playing by themselves as the Astros will be preparing to face the Giants after Game 6.

As far as most hated team, how can you hate a team who's best player is only 5' 6" and 165 lbs? And when the coach of the team they are playing was the mastermind of whatever you may think you hate the team for.

But I get it, I guess. The Astros have been in the AL only 9 years and have made the ALCS 5 straight times. Meanwhile the Yankees have only been there twice in those 9 years, losing both time to the Astros.
Not facing the Giants but did punch out ticket in 6.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
mellytu74
Posts: 8928
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:02 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: Yay 'stros!

#16 Post by mellytu74 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:43 am

I am happy for Dusty Baker, who is a Hall of Fame human being.

I don't know anyone who has met him who doesn't like him.

User avatar
CB Bucknor
Merry Man
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:38 am
Location: Behind home plate

Re: Yay 'stros!

#17 Post by CB Bucknor » Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:55 am

mellytu74 wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:43 am
I am happy for Dusty Baker, who is a Hall of Fame human being.

I don't know anyone who has met him who doesn't like him.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR OUTTA HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Image
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrr outta here!!!!!!

Post Reply