Biden's Amerika

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BackInTex

Biden's Amerika

#1 Post by BackInTex » Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:23 pm

Obama to campaign with McAuliffe in Virginia governor's race
First lady Jill Biden is set to visit on Friday. Stacey Abrams, the voting rights activist, grassroots organizer and former Georgia Democratic gubernatorial candidate, will campaign with McAuliffe in Norfolk and northern Virginia on Sunday.

McAuliffe said on “Morning Joe” that Obama would be coming Saturday, in a way that suggested the visit would precede Abrams’ events. His campaign then had to clarify his remarks.

McAuliffe stumped with President Joe Biden in July.
Biden supports the guy who says "I don’t think parents should be telling schools what they should teach."

And Biden's DOJ treating parents who dare speak up at school board meetings as domestic terrorists.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

Re: Biden's Amerika

#2 Post by Beebs52 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:31 pm

Before the usuals do the usual, note that there are already laws in place regarding violence, assaults, etc
Well, then

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#3 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:38 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:23 pm
First lady Jill Biden is set to visit on Friday. Stacey Abrams, the voting rights activist, grassroots organizer and former Georgia Democratic gubernatorial candidate, will campaign with McAuliffe in Norfolk and northern Virginia on Sunday.

McAuliffe said on “Morning Joe” that Obama would be coming Saturday, in a way that suggested the visit would precede Abrams’ events. His campaign then had to clarify his remarks.

Biden supports the guy who says "I don’t think parents should be telling schools what they should teach."

And Biden's DOJ treating parents who dare speak up at school board meetings as domestic terrorists.
Bullshit. The Department of Justice is treating those who use threats of violence or intimidation to affect the political process in exactly the way it should. And political violence is different in kind from ordinary assault, because it's an attempt to prevent voters from working their will through the democratic process. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#4 Post by Beebs52 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:42 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:38 pm
BackInTex wrote:

Bullshit. The Department of Justice is treating those who use threats of violence or intimidation to affect the political process in exactly the way it should. And political violence is different in kind from ordinary assault, because it's an attempt to prevent voters from working their will through the democratic process. --Bob
One of the funniest things you ever posted.
Well, then

BackInTex

#5 Post by BackInTex » Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:21 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:42 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
Obama to campaign with McAuliffe in Virginia governor's raceBiden supports the guy who says "I don’t think parents should be telling schools what they should teach."

Not funny. Concerning.

Bob not only thinks 650, mostly unarmed but zero who actually used a weapon, folks strolling through a building taking selfies is an insurrection, an insurrection defeated by a single bullet to an unarmed woman, but that parents speaking emotionally to their elected officials is a threat of violence or intimidation. But using the full force of the federal government to threaten it's citizens with terrorism charges for exercising free speech....well, and they call Trump a fascist.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#6 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:49 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:21 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
Not funny. Concerning.

Bob not only thinks 650, mostly unarmed but zero who actually used a weapon, folks strolling through a building taking selfies is an insurrection, an insurrection defeated by a single bullet to an unarmed woman, but that parents speaking emotionally to their elected officials is a threat of violence or intimidation. But using the full force of the federal government to threaten it's citizens with terrorism charges for exercising free speech....well, and they call Trump a fascist.
I think the cops who had the shit beaten out of them might disagree with your factual contention about no one using weapons during the January 6 insurrection. So might the Senators, Representatives, and Vice President who literally fled for their lives until it was safe to return to do their jobs. But if you're truly trying to excuse the insurrection, then we're living on two different planets and the only solution is to politically bulldoze you and those who agree with you until there's no remaining risk that those you support will have the power to facilitate another insurrection. Which seems to be the same conclusion that Max Boot has reached.

Show me an example of someone the Justice Department is moving against for nothing more than "speaking emotionally to their elected officials." --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#7 Post by Beebs52 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:59 pm

Oh Bob. Who cares what wapo thinks. Or Max Boot?
Here's more from your fave paper

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... rns-biden/
Well, then

Bob Juch

#8 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:10 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:59 pm

Afghanistan is Biden's Bay of Pigs. The process had already been started when both Biden and JFK took office. Their mistake was trusting those who were heading up the operations.

Perhaps if Biden hadn't been frozen out of intel during his transition, he might have been able to modify things more than he did (by pushing that date back).
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#9 Post by Beebs52 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:15 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:10 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:59 pm

Afghanistan is Biden's Bay of Pigs. The process had already been started when both Biden and JFK took office. Their mistake was trusting those who were heading up the operations.

Perhaps if Biden hadn't been frozen out of intel during his transition, he might have been able to modify things more than he did (by pushing that date back).
Well there ya go. So what? You must have INSIDE SOURCES. Ooh. Keep the bulldozer oiled.
Well, then

tlynn78

#10 Post by tlynn78 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:22 pm

LET'S GO, BRANDON!
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

silverscreenselect

#11 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:19 pm

BackInTex wrote:
an insurrection defeated by a single bullet to an unarmed woman,
The insurrection was beaten by the fact that the rioters didn't find the targets they were after because they had been evacuated. What do you think those people would have done if that had actually cornered those Congressmen and Senators? Pose for selfies?
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

silverscreenselect

#12 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:21 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:31 pm
Before the usuals do the usual, note that there are already laws in place regarding violence, assaults, etc
There are also laws in place regarding sedition and insurrection.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#13 Post by Beebs52 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:24 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:21 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Oh fucking please.
Well, then

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#14 Post by Beebs52 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:30 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:24 pm
silverscreenselect wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:21 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Oh fucking please.
By the way where are George Soros et al and the BLM organization people, not BLM normal people, right now?
Well, then

BackInTex

#15 Post by BackInTex » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:31 am

Huge airline crisis happening this week. Even bigger supply chain crisis. Anyone seen Biden's Transportation Secretary Pete? He seems to follow Harris' crisis management philosophy......hide and hope it gets worse because you really don't care about the people you were elected or appointed to work for.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#16 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:31 am

Bob78164 wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:49 pm
BackInTex wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
Not funny. Concerning.

I think the cops who had the shit beaten out of them might disagree with your factual contention about no one using weapons during the January 6 insurrection. So might the Senators, Representatives, and Vice President who literally fled for their lives until it was safe to return to do their jobs. But if you're truly trying to excuse the insurrection, then we're living on two different planets and the only solution is to politically bulldoze you and those who agree with you until there's no remaining risk that those you support will have the power to facilitate another insurrection. Which seems to be the same conclusion that Max Boot has reached.

Show me an example of someone the Justice Department is moving against for nothing more than "speaking emotionally to their elected officials." --Bob
This is the sort of thing that merits action from the DoJ. In the last 30 seconds or so of the 2-minute video, the member gets specific about what she's been enduring. People brandishing weapons. People calling DCS to falsely claim she's abusing her child. Having to accompany DCS while DCS checks under her child's clothing to confirm that there are no burn marks.

So are you saying that DoJ should just let this happen? --Bob

Bob Juch

#17 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:33 am

BackInTex wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:31 am
Huge airline crisis happening this week. Even bigger supply chain crisis. Anyone seen Biden's Transportation Secretary Pete? He seems to follow Harris' crisis management philosophy......hide and hope it gets worse because you really don't care about the people you were elected or appointed to work for.
What huge airline crisis? Do you mean Southwest canceling over 2000 flights last weekend?

The supply chain crisis is due to underemployment; the solution is to raise wages.

I'm sure Secretary Pete has been seen by his staff. What would you like him to be doing?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

BackInTex

#18 Post by BackInTex » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:53 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:33 am
BackInTex wrote:
What huge airline crisis? Do you mean Southwest canceling over 2000 flights last weekend?

The supply chain crisis is due to underemployment; the solution is to raise wages.

I'm sure Secretary Pete has been seen by his staff. What would you like him to be doing?
But you don't know that he's been seen by his staff. The entire Department has been silent all week.

The airline crisis was stories 1, 2, and 3 on most news shows this past week.....and crickets from the Administration.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#19 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:24 pm

Well, then

Bob Juch

#20 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:22 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:53 pm
Bob Juch wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:33 am
BackInTex wrote:

But you don't know that he's been seen by his staff. The entire Department has been silent all week.

The airline crisis was stories 1, 2, and 3 on most news shows this past week.....and crickets from the Administration.
https://www.usnews.com/news/business/ar ... ng-backlog

Again I ask, what airline crisis? The increasing number of idiots who disrupt flights due to mask requirements?

silverscreenselect

#21 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:49 pm

BackInTex wrote:
but that parents speaking emotionally to their elected officials is a threat of violence or intimidation.
I'm not sure who BiT is referring to here. Is it these people?

Or perhaps these people:

Angry Men With Zip-Ties Ambush School Principal After COVID Masking Request

Or perhaps this is the sort of emotional speaking that BiT had in mind:
A parent of a Birmingham [MI] student was removed from a school board meeting Tuesday after giving a Nazi salute. The incident happened during a debate about whether masks should be required in schools. After another parent spoke in support of masks, the man stood up, rendered the Nazi salute, and said, "Heil Hitler." School board meetings are recorded, but that portion was edited out because of the nature of the action.
https://www.fox2detroit.com/news/parent ... rd-meeting

Or maybe these are the sort of parents that BiT was referring to:

Death threats, violence, intimidation mark another pandemic school year
This summer, [Torie] Gibson started as superintendent for the Amador County [CA] Unified School District. Just before school started, things looked bright: Coronavirus case numbers were down, California was reopening and masks were coming off. But she soon realized that as the Delta variant emerged, masks, testing and quarantines would once again be required. That meant trouble.

On Day One of class, the father of a little girl got so angry because she had to wear a face mask that he cussed out a principal and punched a teacher in the face. Anti-maskers have emailed [Gibson] death threats. In late September, police came to one of her schools after a family directed their child to attend class unmasked and refused to leave until authorities were called.
Maybe it's the emotional parents who have been in touch with this school board member:

Florida school board member who supports masks reveals threats her family received
For months, as a debate over masks in Florida classrooms raged, Brevard County School Board member Jennifer Jenkins said she was reluctant to speak about threats she and her family allegedly received. "I've tried not to talk about this stuff publicly. I don't reject people coming here and speaking their voice. ... I reject them following my car around. I reject them saying that they're coming for me, that I need to beg for mercy. I reject that when they are using their First Amendment rights on public property, they're also going behind my home and brandishing their weapons to my neighbors."
I'm sure that most of the people who show up to public meetings to oppose vaccine and mask mandates do so civilly. But I've yet to see reports of anyone in favor of those mandates engaging in this type of activity. Those who disrupt and shut down these meetings aren't just emotional parents. They engage in behavior that's not part of the public meeting process. They threaten, they assault, and sometimes go farther. And many of the people who show up at these meetings aren't parents, or at least aren't parents of the school boards in question. (Local laws in many jurisdiction restrict comments at school board meetings to those who have students in that district.) They are outside provocateurs looking to stir up trouble and disrupt.

silverscreenselect

#22 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:04 am

Bob Juch wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:22 pm
BackInTex wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:53 pm
https://www.usnews.com/news/business/ar ... ng-backlog

Again I ask, what airline crisis? The increasing number of idiots who disrupt flights due to mask requirements?
According to Southwest, weather and air traffic control snafus began grounding a number of flights on Friday. (The Federal Aviation Administration confirmed that a staffing shortfall at an air traffic control center, weather, and military training exercises did cause cancellations and delays, but only for a few hours.) That initial wave of cancellations, Southwest said, discombobulated their whole system by preventing aircrafts and crews from being in the right places at the right times according to schedule. There was then a cascading effect in which other flights also had to be canceled because of these labor and airplane issues piling up. Southwest is also still trying to ramp up operations again after it made cutbacks during the height of the pandemic, which also affected its ability to absorb the initial shock of nixed flights.

This appears not to be an aviation problem so much as a Southwest problem; other airlines were able to carry on with minimal cancellations after Friday’s disruptions. Southwest has generally struggled with coordinating its operations as of late; it had the highest percentage of cancellations and worst on-time performance among the country’s four major airlines in June and July. The Southwest pilots union further blamed the company’s technical systems and processes for reassigning pilots when disruptions occur, claiming that these are long-standing problems that executives have failed to fix for years. The airline has struggled with rerouting pilots partly because it uses a “point-to-point” system, which focuses on flying passengers directly to their destinations. This is opposed to the “hub-and-spoke” model that American Airlines uses, in which passengers are often first routed to a main base of operations before departing for their final destination. While the point-to-point system has the advantage of reducing travel times and the number of connecting flights, it can be difficult to adapt to unexpected situations. Southwest’s point-to-point network also covers an unusually large geographic area, which makes reassigning pilots even more complicated.
https://slate.com/business/2021/10/sout ... pened.html

So, what you've got is a problem caused by weather conditions in the Jacksonville, FL, area that hurt Southwest because the way it chooses to schedule and route its flights makes it more vulnerable to this type of problem. It's not an "airline crisis"; it's an embarrassment for one airline caused by some poor management decisions. The article I cited goes on to debunk the various right-wing theories that the cancellations were due to sickout protests by pilots or controllers in response to a vaccine mandate.