You'll be proud of me, Sprots!

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Earl the Squirrel

You'll be proud of me, Sprots!

#1 Post by Earl the Squirrel » Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:26 pm

I got my State Ballot Information Booklet and I read the WHOLE THING and already know how I will vote when I get my ballot! Remember, this is only the second time I've ever voted so I have a couple of questions:

There are only three items on there, so will there be separate items for specific counties and cities? If so, do they also send out information or will it just be included with the state ballot. I realize that you are in a different jurisdiction as I am so they might be different, especially since my city and county are way more populated so that would involve more work for them. But is there a general "best practices" that most of them use?

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Re: You'll be proud of me, Sprots!

#2 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:34 pm

Earl the Squirrel wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:26 pm
I got my State Ballot Information Booklet and I read the WHOLE THING and already know how I will vote when I get my ballot! Remember, this is only the second time I've ever voted so I have a couple of questions:

There are only three items on there, so will there be separate items for specific counties and cities? If so, do they also send out information or will it just be included with the state ballot. I realize that you are in a different jurisdiction as I am so they might be different, especially since my city and county are way more populated so that would involve more work for them. But is there a general "best practices" that most of them use?
I'm not Sprots, nor do I live in Colorado, but everywhere I've ever lived, you end up with a single ballot that has all of the races that apply to you. Auxiliary information such as local ballot pamphlets might well arrive separately, but I'd be astonished if you ended up receiving more than one actual ballot. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Earl the Squirrel

#3 Post by Earl the Squirrel » Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:45 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:34 pm
Earl the Squirrel wrote:

I'm not Sprots, nor do I live in Colorado, but everywhere I've ever lived, you end up with a single ballot that has all of the races that apply to you. Auxiliary information such as local ballot pamphlets might well arrive separately, but I'd be astonished if you ended up receiving more than one actual ballot. --Bob
Thanks, Bob. I might not have been clear enough on that. I know everything is on one ballot, but I didn't know if there would be a separate, local mailing to explain all of the local issues up for a vote. I don't pay attention to news very much, so I don't really have an idea on what's going to be up there. I haven't seen a single advert on tv and only a couple of yard signs. Perhaps that will ramp up in October, but I want to get my ballot sent as soon as I get it so I don't forget (like I did with the local (primary?) election in April.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#4 Post by Beebs52 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:56 am

Our community just had a huge meeting concerning incorporation, and various pro- and op-ponents have been sending material forever. You really need to look into background yourself, thru newspapers, online, or humans, because other than brief descriptions from ballot that's it.
Well, then

Earl the Squirrel

#5 Post by Earl the Squirrel » Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:08 am

For anybody keeping score (which is, basically, me) my county booklet arrived today!

Not much excitement, mostly just all of the different school districts wanting property taxes raised, and only a couple apply to me.

Vandal
Director of Promos

#6 Post by Vandal » Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:18 am

I’m as excited as you are.

_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#7 Post by SportsFan68 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:11 pm

Earl the Squirrel wrote:

Well done! I haven't read it yet but will do so before ballots arrive.

There may very well be separate items for specific counties and cities within counties, and they will be on the same ballot. But every ballot in Colorado will have those three items. Counties and municipalities must provide information on each issue respectively. Yes, it involves more work, but it's the law. I do not know of a general "best practice" at the county and city level.

Yes! I am proud of you!
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller