Racist attack on Larry Elder, leftists silent

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
silverscreenselect

Re: Racist attack on Larry Elder, leftists silent

#51 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:59 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:06 am
But there are enough Republicans in Donny's thrall that his supporters win most Republican primaries. They have enough control over the party to punish people like Rep. Cheney for doing the right thing. And yet when Trump peeps win primaries, pretty much all remaining Republicans are willing to vote for them in the general election. That's pretty much just as bad.
A New Hampshire lawmaker on Tuesday switched his party affiliation from Republican to Democrat due what he says is the Republican House leadership's anti-vaccine stance. "I cannot stand idly by while extremists reject the reasonable precautions of vaccinations and masks," Rep. Bill Marsh of Brookfield said in a statement. "And so I have reluctantly changed my party affiliation. I urge others to consider what is happening and come to their own conclusions." In an interview with NBC10 Boston, Marsh said the last straw was a rally held by New Hampshire House Republicans on Tuesday opposing President Joe Biden's proposed COVID-19 vaccine requirement for large companies. "They're calling for a special session to basically do the same thing (Florida Gov. Ron) DeSantis is doing in Florida," he said.

"The faction that's currently dominant in the Republican Party in the House in New Hampshire opposes vaccines and masks and mandates of any kind, and are of the opinion that public health measures are unconstitutional," he added. "I believe Supreme Court case law shows that not to be the case." He said in the press release announcing his party switch that he has come to realize that a majority of Republicans, both locally and in the New Hampshire House, hold values which no longer reflect what he considers traditional Republican values. "My intention had been to quietly finish my term and enjoy my retirement in peace. Unfortunately events have forced my hand," he said.
https://www.nbcboston.com/news/local/la ... e/2491873/

Rep. Marsh is a retired physician, so he knows the science behind the vaccine measures. If Republicans continue to make elections about vaccine mandates, election fraud, and kissing Trump's rear end, they're going to alienate the types of voters like Rep. Marsh who can make the difference in swing states like New Hampshire, where there will be a key Senate race next year.

And an unrelated note. The New Hampshire House of Representatives has 400 representatives in a tiny state in size with a population of under 1.4 million. That's about one representative for every 3,500 people. How in the world do they need that many?
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Bob Juch

#52 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:58 pm

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Estonut
Evil Genius

#53 Post by Estonut » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:13 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:29 am
Estonut wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:14 am
What does Fox news have to do with this? Both of our articles came from KTLA, which is related to Fox only in your mind.
Fox News (along with Newsmax and OAN and the other right-wing sounding boards) is where disgruntled Republicans go with any "evidence" of election fraud because they know that it will get widespread, unquestioning coverage. Your buddy Larry Elder has already been pushing claims of election fraud.
So, in other words, this has nothing to do with Fox News.

My buddy Larry Elder? I barely knew who he was a month ago. How is he my buddy?
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

BackInTex

#54 Post by BackInTex » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:39 pm

Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:59 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
But there are enough Republicans in Donny's thrall that his supporters win most Republican primaries. They have enough control over the party to punish people like Rep. Cheney for doing the right thing. And yet when Trump peeps win primaries, pretty much all remaining Republicans are willing to vote for them in the general election. That's pretty much just as bad.
A New Hampshire lawmaker on Tuesday switched his party affiliation from Republican to Democrat due what he says is the Republican House leadership's anti-vaccine stance. "I cannot stand idly by while extremists reject the reasonable precautions of vaccinations and masks," Rep. Bill Marsh of Brookfield said in a statement. "And so I have reluctantly changed my party affiliation. I urge others to consider what is happening and come to their own conclusions." In an interview with NBC10 Boston, Marsh said the last straw was a rally held by New Hampshire House Republicans on Tuesday opposing President Joe Biden's proposed COVID-19 vaccine requirement for large companies. "They're calling for a special session to basically do the same thing (Florida Gov. Ron) DeSantis is doing in Florida," he said.

"The faction that's currently dominant in the Republican Party in the House in New Hampshire opposes vaccines and masks and mandates of any kind, and are of the opinion that public health measures are unconstitutional," he added. "I believe Supreme Court case law shows that not to be the case." He said in the press release announcing his party switch that he has come to realize that a majority of Republicans, both locally and in the New Hampshire House, hold values which no longer reflect what he considers traditional Republican values. "My intention had been to quietly finish my term and enjoy my retirement in peace. Unfortunately events have forced my hand," he said.

Rep. Marsh is a retired physician, so he knows the science behind the vaccine measures.
My f-I-l was a physician and he was wrong many many times. Physicians are human. Not Gods.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

BackInTex

#55 Post by BackInTex » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:39 pm

Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:59 pm
Bob78164 wrote:

Rep. Marsh is a retired physician, so he knows the science behind the vaccine measures.
My f-I-l was a physician and he was wrong many many times. Physicians are human. Not Gods.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#56 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:04 pm

Estonut wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:13 pm
Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:29 am
Estonut wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:14 am
What does Fox news have to do with this? Both of our articles came from KTLA, which is related to Fox only in your mind.
Fox News (along with Newsmax and OAN and the other right-wing sounding boards) is where disgruntled Republicans go with any "evidence" of election fraud because they know that it will get widespread, unquestioning coverage. Your buddy Larry Elder has already been pushing claims of election fraud.
So, in other words, this has nothing to do with Fox News.

My buddy Larry Elder? I barely knew who he was a month ago. How is he my buddy?
Fox News is shorthand for the right wing media which was all over this story very quickly.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com