Interesting Wrestling Documentary

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Post Reply
Message
Author
User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 19419
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Interesting Wrestling Documentary

#1 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:03 pm

For those who follow the sport:

It's called You Cannot Kill David Arquette and describes the wrestling career of the actor, best known for his appearance in the Scream series and for marrying Courteney Cox. In 2000, Arquette made a wrestling movie called Ready to Rumble sponsored by WCW, which was then on its last legs as a wrestling association. As part of the promotion for the film, Arquette wound up winning the WCW championship, thanks to the usual behind-the-scenes dirty tricks involved. Although he lost the title back two weeks later, most real wrestling fans hated him for what they considered making a joke about the sport (I'm not sure how they reacted to Donald Trump's stint in the WWE a few years later).

In 2018, Arquette decided to get back into wrestling for real (or as real as it gets) and embarked on a training regimen that ended with him participating in a number of lower level fights. The movie covers his comeback and it's surprisingly effective, although as with anything associated with wrestling, it's hard to tell how serious this is. But there are scenes of Arquette training in Mexico and taking part in some street matches (where they literally fight on the city streets for tips from passersby).

The film is available on Hulu and Kanopy.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
Beebs52
Queen of Wack
Posts: 11870
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Location: Location.Location.Location

Re: Interesting Wrestling Documentary

#2 Post by Beebs52 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:04 pm

Why a Trump reference again? Who cares?
Well, then

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 19419
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Interesting Wrestling Documentary

#3 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:42 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:04 pm
Why a Trump reference again? Who cares?
When the film makers played clips of fans reacting badly to Arquette's appearance, they noted that other celebrities would get involved in wrestling later and showed a clip of Donald Trump slamming some other manager to the floor outside the ring.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
Beebs52
Queen of Wack
Posts: 11870
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Location: Location.Location.Location

Re: Interesting Wrestling Documentary

#4 Post by Beebs52 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:51 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:42 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:04 pm
Why a Trump reference again? Who cares?
When the film makers played clips of fans reacting badly to Arquette's appearance, they noted that other celebrities would get involved in wrestling later and showed a clip of Donald Trump slamming some other manager to the floor outside the ring.
Plus other celebrities...you know I'm just jacking with you. Cause ya like the Trump angle
Well, then

User avatar
Bob Juch
Posts: 24205
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
Contact:

Re: Interesting Wrestling Documentary

#5 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:26 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:51 pm
silverscreenselect wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:42 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:04 pm
Why a Trump reference again? Who cares?
When the film makers played clips of fans reacting badly to Arquette's appearance, they noted that other celebrities would get involved in wrestling later and showed a clip of Donald Trump slamming some other manager to the floor outside the ring.
Plus other celebrities...you know I'm just jacking with you. Cause ya like the Trump angle
I'd pay money to see Trump get body slammed.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 19419
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Interesting Wrestling Documentary

#6 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:07 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:26 pm
I'd pay money to see Trump get body slammed.
This is the closest I could get with Stone Cold Steve Austin.

Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Post Reply