Nobody Can Call Me Anti-Vaxx Unless

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Spock

Nobody Can Call Me Anti-Vaxx Unless

#1 Post by Spock » Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:36 pm

you are also vaccinated against Yellow Fever and various other tropical bugs-as I am.

You might say something like "I don't need them because I never visit the areas where they might be needed."

Note the "I don't need them."

That is exactly how I feel because I have already had Covid. Evidence strongly suggests that I don't need the DAMN shot.

Weyoun

Re: Nobody Can Call Me Anti-Vaxx Unless

#2 Post by Weyoun » Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:20 pm

As matters have it, I am vaccinated against yellow fever.

Having Covid previously, especially the previous strain, doesn’t guarantee jack.

Why chance it? What’s the downside of the vaccine? Especially when you have others who depend on you.

silverscreenselect

#3 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:24 pm

Spock wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:36 pm
you are also vaccinated against Yellow Fever and various other tropical bugs-as I am.
You're playing semantic games here. The term "anti-vaxxer" is being used overwhelmingly now as a shorthand to describe those opposed to the COVID vaccine, just as the term "pro-choice" is used as shorthand to describe one's views about reproductive rights and abortion and not the freedom of choice in general.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#4 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:31 pm

Spock wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:36 pm

You might say something like "I don't need them because I never visit the areas where they might be needed."

Note the "I don't need them."

That is exactly how I feel because I have already had Covid. Evidence strongly suggests that I don't need the DAMN shot.
If yellow fever started becoming prevalent here, I'd get the damn shot as fast as they let me. And if my doctor recommended it, I'd get it whether or not it started becoming prevalent here. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson