Story to make you twirl your mustache

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
SpacemanSpiff

Story to make you twirl your mustache

#1 Post by SpacemanSpiff » Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:11 am

Once in awhile, I see a neat story about how one gets back at an arrogant individual -- in this case, an entire family -- that wrongs someone. This is one of those stories.

https://www.oola.com/social-life/256417 ... -pettiness

Short version -- person who lives in a beach community with others has a stranger park his car in his driveway. When the occupant confronts the guy about it, he basically says it's legal for his to park there and what-are-you-going-to-do-about-it (with the wife and kids acting the same way), and head out with their gear to the beach. Needless to say, he did something about it, beyond just the obvious.

I thought it made for entertaining reading.
"If you're dead, you don't have any freedoms at all." - Jason Isbell

silverscreenselect

Re: Story to make you twirl your mustache

#2 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:47 am

When I was a freshman at Georgia Tech, I ate a lot of meals at Junior's Grill which was right across the street from the freshman dorms (the building was later bulldozed for Olympic housing). It was in the same building with a laundromat owned by the same man, and there were about a half-dozen parking places in front of the two businesses. The building was about 100 yards away from the stadium. Every football Saturday, the owner would put a sign in the window, "Football Parking $10." For reference, tickets back then cost $6, and you could buy a meal (meat and two plus a drink) at Junior's for about $1.50. I asked him once why he was charging so much, because nobody would park there and pay that sort of money. He said, "That's the idea."
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Bob Juch

Re: Story to make you twirl your mustache

#3 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:08 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:47 am
When I was a freshman at Georgia Tech, I ate a lot of meals at Junior's Grill which was right across the street from the freshman dorms (the building was later bulldozed for Olympic housing). It was in the same building with a laundromat owned by the same man, and there were about a half-dozen parking places in front of the two businesses. The building was about 100 yards away from the stadium. Every football Saturday, the owner would put a sign in the window, "Football Parking $10." For reference, tickets back then cost $6, and you could buy a meal (meat and two plus a drink) at Junior's for about $1.50. I asked him once why he was charging so much, because nobody would park there and pay that sort of money. He said, "That's the idea."
My parents want to Cal. We went to every home football game. Parking lots were next to nonexistent. Every house within a mile of the stadium rented their driveways and even lawns for parking at $10 per car.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.