University of Montana Report

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Spock

University of Montana Report

#1 Post by Spock » Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:21 pm

Drove with youngest out to Missoula last weekend.

2 vehicles out-1 back. He was a little leery about driving alone for the first time-plus he wanted us along to make sure tuition was paid correctly.

He and Mrs S wanted to drive through Yellowstone on the way out so we spent the first night in a family favorite town (Buffalo, Wyo) then drove through the parking lot that is Yellowstone.

Drove some pretty country between Yellowstone and Butte.

We were with him when he checked his guns in with campus security-he is hoping to find a place to hunt elk.

He is ready for his welding classes to start as this week was mostly orientation crap. He chose this program because he gets to be part of the University of Montana but then you get the downside with all the "capitalism sucks" crap tied to orientation.

He got to clear his palate some by attending the local Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation chapter banquet.

We stopped at the tourist trap that is "Wheat Montana" at Three Forks. Highly recommend this bakery stop and we will hit it again if we drive by and they are open. I was familiar with the story from farm magazines.

Waved at TGirl on the way through Billings.

I didn't get to stop at Little Bighorn (I wanted the bookstore) but did hit a museum bookstore in Cody Wyo and a bookstore in Medora.

tlynn78

Re: University of Montana Report

#2 Post by tlynn78 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:59 am

No wonder I got the urge to wave in a general sort of way this weekend! Best of luck to him. He'll love Montana!
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire