Gov. Abbott has COVID-19

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Message
Author
User avatar
Bob Juch
Posts: 24203
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
Contact:

Gov. Abbott has COVID-19

#1 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:57 pm

He was vaccinated.

Res ipsa loquitur.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

User avatar
Bob78164
Bored Moderator
Posts: 20026
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Location: By the phone

Re: Gov. Abbott has COVID-19

#2 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:32 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:57 pm
He was vaccinated.

Res ipsa loquitur.
He is apparently asymptomatic -- his case was caught because he's tested daily. The real issue is whether the other people with whom he attended unmasked events caught it from him. We probably won't know that for at least a few days. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
bazodee
Posts: 896
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:23 am
Location: Atlanta, Georgia

Re: Gov. Abbott has COVID-19

#3 Post by bazodee » Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:53 am

Bob78164 wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:32 pm
Bob Juch wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:57 pm
He was vaccinated.

Res ipsa loquitur.
He is apparently asymptomatic -- his case was caught because he's tested daily. The real issue is whether the other people with whom he attended unmasked events caught it from him. We probably won't know that for at least a few days. --Bob
I think the real question is, given the heightened transmissibility of the Delta variant, how many of all of us are also COVID-positive? Most of us aren't testing nearly as often as we did nine months ago.

User avatar
BackInTex
Posts: 11322
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:43 pm
Location: In Texas of course!

Re: Gov. Abbott has COVID-19

#4 Post by BackInTex » Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:30 pm

bazodee wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:53 am
I think the real question is, given the heightened transmissibility of the Delta variant, how many of all of us are also COVID-positive? Most of us aren't testing nearly as often as we did nine months ago.
You were testing often? Why?

I've never been tested.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
bazodee
Posts: 896
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:23 am
Location: Atlanta, Georgia

Re: Gov. Abbott has COVID-19

#5 Post by bazodee » Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:36 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:30 pm
bazodee wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:53 am
I think the real question is, given the heightened transmissibility of the Delta variant, how many of all of us are also COVID-positive? Most of us aren't testing nearly as often as we did nine months ago.
You were testing often? Why?

I've never been tested.
Needed to travel (fly) twice. Very early in the outbreak, I had some symptoms that were consistent with COVID, but resolved easily. At that point it was thought that may offer some degree of immunity.

wbtravis007
Posts: 1013
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:15 pm
Location: Skipperville, Tx.

Re: Gov. Abbott has COVID-19

#6 Post by wbtravis007 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:41 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:30 pm
bazodee wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:53 am
I think the real question is, given the heightened transmissibility of the Delta variant, how many of all of us are also COVID-positive? Most of us aren't testing nearly as often as we did nine months ago.
You were testing often? Why?

I've never been tested.
Were you never exposed to someone who tested positive? Chances of a symptom-free infection are high enough to concern me about the possibility of infecting someone when I was exposed. And, even when I wasn’t, I was getting tested every week for free with no wait and orally until my parents were vaccinated. They’re in their 90s and I was doing their grocery shopping. If I had it I wanted to know.

No big deal.

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 19412
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Gov. Abbott has COVID-19

#7 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:05 pm

I was tested shortly before my two medical procedures in January, and then Mrs. SSS and I were tested again before we went on an out-of-state trip last month.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 19412
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Gov. Abbott has COVID-19

#8 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:08 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:32 pm
Bob Juch wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:57 pm
He was vaccinated.

Res ipsa loquitur.
He is apparently asymptomatic -- his case was caught because he's tested daily. The real issue is whether the other people with whom he attended unmasked events caught it from him. We probably won't know that for at least a few days. --Bob
Here's another example of a politician who's a giant hypocrite. Abbott isn't stupid. He's got medical issues and I'd be willing to bet he got vaccinated as quickly as he could. And he has access to medical treatment most of us don't. But instead of telling everyone about his vaccine status and encouraging them to get vaccinated themselves, as ex-Pres Bush did, he's instead been posturing about their freedoms to kill themselves and their fellow Texans.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
Beebs52
Queen of Wack
Posts: 11869
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Location: Location.Location.Location

Re: Gov. Abbott has COVID-19

#9 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:06 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:08 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:32 pm
Bob Juch wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:57 pm
He was vaccinated.

Res ipsa loquitur.
He is apparently asymptomatic -- his case was caught because he's tested daily. The real issue is whether the other people with whom he attended unmasked events caught it from him. We probably won't know that for at least a few days. --Bob
Here's another example of a politician who's a giant hypocrite. Abbott isn't stupid. He's got medical issues and I'd be willing to bet he got vaccinated as quickly as he could. And he has access to medical treatment most of us don't. But instead of telling everyone about his vaccine status and encouraging them to get vaccinated themselves, as ex-Pres Bush did, he's instead been posturing about their freedoms to kill themselves and their fellow Texans.
What the fuck are you talking about?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.lubboc ... 5557701001
Well, then

User avatar
tlynn78
Posts: 7262
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:31 am
Location: Montana

Re: Gov. Abbott has COVID-19

#10 Post by tlynn78 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:14 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:06 pm
silverscreenselect wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:08 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:32 pm
He is apparently asymptomatic -- his case was caught because he's tested daily. The real issue is whether the other people with whom he attended unmasked events caught it from him. We probably won't know that for at least a few days. --Bob
Here's another example of a politician who's a giant hypocrite. Abbott isn't stupid. He's got medical issues and I'd be willing to bet he got vaccinated as quickly as he could. And he has access to medical treatment most of us don't. But instead of telling everyone about his vaccine status and encouraging them to get vaccinated themselves, as ex-Pres Bush did, he's instead been posturing about their freedoms to kill themselves and their fellow Texans.
What the fuck are you talking about?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.lubboc ... 5557701001
Whatever CNN tells him to, as usual
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine

User avatar
Beebs52
Queen of Wack
Posts: 11869
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Location: Location.Location.Location

Re: Gov. Abbott has COVID-19

#11 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:32 pm

wbtravis007 wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:41 pm
BackInTex wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:30 pm
bazodee wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:53 am
I think the real question is, given the heightened transmissibility of the Delta variant, how many of all of us are also COVID-positive? Most of us aren't testing nearly as often as we did nine months ago.
You were testing often? Why?

I've never been tested.
Were you never exposed to someone who tested positive? Chances of a symptom-free infection are high enough to concern me about the possibility of infecting someone when I was exposed. And, even when I wasn’t, I was getting tested every week for free with no wait and orally until my parents were vaccinated. They’re in their 90s and I was doing their grocery shopping. If I had it I wanted to know.

No big deal.
We got tested back in 2020 cause it was free.
That was it.
I had no test before my surgery, unless they didn't tell me. Why would you test weekly? We were taking care of grandbabes during the initial phases. Holy crap. And, there were Covid pos cases "around" preschool and kindergarten classes.
We survived. Ta da!
Well, then

wbtravis007
Posts: 1013
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:15 pm
Location: Skipperville, Tx.

Re: Gov. Abbott has COVID-19

#12 Post by wbtravis007 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:33 pm

[/quote]
Beebs52 wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:32 pm
wbtravis007 wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:41 pm
BackInTex wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:30 pm


You were testing often? Why?

I've never been tested.
Were you never exposed to someone who tested positive? Chances of a symptom-free infection are high enough to concern me about the possibility of infecting someone when I was exposed. And, even when I wasn’t, I was getting tested every week for free with no wait and orally until my parents were vaccinated. They’re in their 90s and I was doing their grocery shopping. If I had it I wanted to know.

No big deal.
We got tested back in 2020 cause it was free.
That was it.
I had no test before my surgery, unless they didn't tell me. Why would you test weekly? We were taking care of grandbabes during the initial phases. Holy crap. And, there were Covid pos cases "around" preschool and kindergarten classes.
We survived. Ta da!
I said why I was testing weekly: because of my parents I wanted to know if I had it. And, it was free, no line, no pain or discomfort. My thought was: why NOT get tested weekly.

User avatar
Beebs52
Queen of Wack
Posts: 11869
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Location: Location.Location.Location

Re: Gov. Abbott has COVID-19

#13 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:53 pm

wbtravis007 wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:33 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:32 pm
wbtravis007 wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:41 pm


Were you never exposed to someone who tested positive? Chances of a symptom-free infection are high enough to concern me about the possibility of infecting someone when I was exposed. And, even when I wasn’t, I was getting tested every week for free with no wait and orally until my parents were vaccinated. They’re in their 90s and I was doing their grocery shopping. If I had it I wanted to know.

No big deal.
We got tested back in 2020 cause it was free.
That was it.
I had no test before my surgery, unless they didn't tell me. Why would you test weekly? We were taking care of grandbabes during the initial phases. Holy crap. And, there were Covid pos cases "around" preschool and kindergarten classes.
We survived. Ta da!
I said why I was testing weekly: because of my parents I wanted to know if I had it. And, it was free, no line, no pain or discomfort. My thought was: why NOT get tested weekly.
[/quote]
Because you could catch it within the 10-14 day period anyway and not test positive? Seems a bit obsessive. Especially on the day they got vaccinated.
Well, then

wbtravis007
Posts: 1013
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:15 pm
Location: Skipperville, Tx.

Re: Gov. Abbott has COVID-19

#14 Post by wbtravis007 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:45 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:53 pm
wbtravis007 wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:33 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:32 pm
wbtravis007 wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:41 pm


Were you never exposed to someone who tested positive? Chances of a symptom-free infection are high enough to concern me about the possibility of infecting someone when I was exposed. And, even when I wasn’t, I was getting tested every week for free with no wait and orally until my parents were vaccinated. They’re in their 90s and I was doing their grocery shopping. If I had it I wanted to know.

No big deal.
We got tested back in 2020 cause it was free.
That was it.
I had no test before my surgery, unless they didn't tell me. Why would you test weekly? We were taking care of grandbabes during the initial phases. Holy crap. And, there were Covid pos cases "around" preschool and kindergarten classes.
We survived. Ta da!
I said why I was testing weekly: because of my parents I wanted to know if I had it. And, it was free, no line, no pain or discomfort. My thought was: why NOT get tested weekly.
Because you could catch it within the 10-14 day period anyway and not test positive? Seems a bit obsessive. Especially on the day they got vaccinated.
[/quote]

Not sure what you mean about the 10-14 day stuff. What I’m saying is pretty simple. I had the opportunity to get tested hassle-free weekly and wanted to know if I had it as often as I could. So, why not?

Obsessive? Hell, if it’s hassle free and I can get it daily or hourly, why not do it? Just don’t understand why you think that needs to be explained again.

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 19412
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Gov. Abbott has COVID-19

#15 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:03 pm

bazodee wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:53 am
Bob78164 wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:32 pm
Bob Juch wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:57 pm
He was vaccinated.

Res ipsa loquitur.
He is apparently asymptomatic -- his case was caught because he's tested daily. The real issue is whether the other people with whom he attended unmasked events caught it from him. We probably won't know that for at least a few days. --Bob
I think the real question is, given the heightened transmissibility of the Delta variant, how many of all of us are also COVID-positive? Most of us aren't testing nearly as often as we did nine months ago.
Los Angeles County health officials report that 30% of current COVID cases (98% of which are the delta variant) are breakthrough cases of those already vaccinated. This comes on the same day that three fully vaccinated US Senators report testing positive for COVID. And there's been one study that shows that the virus load in breakthrough cases is actually higher than in other new COVID cases, although the time period during which breakthrough individuals can spread the virus is lower. This actually makes sense, because the vaccine would likely do a better job of warding off lower levels of infection and it would take a high virus dose to overwhelm the body's immune system. Also, the vaccinated body would react more quickly, giving the virus less time to cause severe distress.

And Bazodee is undoubtedly right. Not all that many people got tested last year, and almost nobody on a regular basis. So a lot of mild cases could easily have been ignored. All of this makes the "natural immunity" claim of those who have already had the virus much shakier than it was two or three months ago.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
Bob Juch
Posts: 24203
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
Contact:

Re: Gov. Abbott has COVID-19

#16 Post by Bob Juch » Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:13 am

Image
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

User avatar
earendel
Posts: 13214
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:25 am
Location: mired in the bureaucracy

Re: Gov. Abbott has COVID-19

#17 Post by earendel » Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:12 pm

Trump held a rally in Alabama and when he recommended that his audience get vaccinated he was booed. Of course, being Trump, he waffled somewhat, saying that the people had the right to choose whether to get the shot or not.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

User avatar
tlynn78
Posts: 7262
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:31 am
Location: Montana

Re: Gov. Abbott has COVID-19

#18 Post by tlynn78 » Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:53 pm

earendel wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:12 pm
Trump held a rally in Alabama and when he recommended that his audience get vaccinated he was booed. Of course, being Trump, he waffled somewhat, saying that the people had the right to choose whether to get the shot or not.

"...saying that the people had the right to choose whether to get the shot or not."

So, stating a fact is "waffling"? I mean, so far, people do have the right to choose.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine

User avatar
Bob Juch
Posts: 24203
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
Contact:

Re: Gov. Abbott has COVID-19

#19 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:24 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:53 pm
earendel wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:12 pm
Trump held a rally in Alabama and when he recommended that his audience get vaccinated he was booed. Of course, being Trump, he waffled somewhat, saying that the people had the right to choose whether to get the shot or not.

"...saying that the people had the right to choose whether to get the shot or not."

So, stating a fact is "waffling"? I mean, so far, people do have the right to choose.
Many have the right to choose to get vaccinated or to keep their job.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

User avatar
BackInTex
Posts: 11322
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:43 pm
Location: In Texas of course!

Re: Gov. Abbott has COVID-19

#20 Post by BackInTex » Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:59 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:24 pm
tlynn78 wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:53 pm
earendel wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:12 pm
Trump held a rally in Alabama and when he recommended that his audience get vaccinated he was booed. Of course, being Trump, he waffled somewhat, saying that the people had the right to choose whether to get the shot or not.

"...saying that the people had the right to choose whether to get the shot or not."

So, stating a fact is "waffling"? I mean, so far, people do have the right to choose.
Many have the right to choose to get vaccinated or to keep their job.
I haven't heard of any employers who fire employees for getting vaccinated, but like you say, it's a free country.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
Bob Juch
Posts: 24203
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
Contact:

Re: Gov. Abbott has COVID-19

#21 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:26 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:59 pm
Bob Juch wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:24 pm
tlynn78 wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:53 pm



"...saying that the people had the right to choose whether to get the shot or not."

So, stating a fact is "waffling"? I mean, so far, people do have the right to choose.
Many have the right to choose to get vaccinated or to keep their job.
I haven't heard of any employers who fire employees for getting vaccinated, but like you say, it's a free country.
I missed the word, "not"; I was awake since 2:30. Nevertheless, there are some businesses that have posted signed saying those who are vaccinated are banned; that would include their employees, I suppose.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

User avatar
earendel
Posts: 13214
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:25 am
Location: mired in the bureaucracy

Re: Gov. Abbott has COVID-19

#22 Post by earendel » Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:17 am

tlynn78 wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:53 pm
earendel wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:12 pm
Trump held a rally in Alabama and when he recommended that his audience get vaccinated he was booed. Of course, being Trump, he waffled somewhat, saying that the people had the right to choose whether to get the shot or not.

"...saying that the people had the right to choose whether to get the shot or not."

So, stating a fact is "waffling"? I mean, so far, people do have the right to choose.
Do they? Does their "right to choose" include the right to infect others, possibly ending up in hospitalization or death? I've always heard that "the right to swing my fist ends at the point of someone else's nose". So choosing not to be vaccinated may be OK for the individual, but not if it impinges on the rights of others to not become sick.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

User avatar
tlynn78
Posts: 7262
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:31 am
Location: Montana

Re: Gov. Abbott has COVID-19

#23 Post by tlynn78 » Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:34 am

earendel wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:17 am
tlynn78 wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:53 pm
earendel wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:12 pm
Trump held a rally in Alabama and when he recommended that his audience get vaccinated he was booed. Of course, being Trump, he waffled somewhat, saying that the people had the right to choose whether to get the shot or not.

"...saying that the people had the right to choose whether to get the shot or not."

So, stating a fact is "waffling"? I mean, so far, people do have the right to choose.
Do they? Does their "right to choose" include the right to infect others, possibly ending up in hospitalization or death? I've always heard that "the right to swing my fist ends at the point of someone else's nose". So choosing not to be vaccinated may be OK for the individual, but not if it impinges on the rights of others to not become sick.
None of that changes the fact that currently, the vaccine is a choice and not a mandate. Like abortion, that, you know, literally kills another human nearly 100% of the time.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine

User avatar
BackInTex
Posts: 11322
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:43 pm
Location: In Texas of course!

Re: Gov. Abbott has COVID-19

#24 Post by BackInTex » Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:50 am

earendel wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:17 am
tlynn78 wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:53 pm
earendel wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:12 pm
Trump held a rally in Alabama and when he recommended that his audience get vaccinated he was booed. Of course, being Trump, he waffled somewhat, saying that the people had the right to choose whether to get the shot or not.

"...saying that the people had the right to choose whether to get the shot or not."

So, stating a fact is "waffling"? I mean, so far, people do have the right to choose.
Do they? Does their "right to choose" include the right to infect others, possibly ending up in hospitalization or death? I've always heard that "the right to swing my fist ends at the point of someone else's nose". So choosing not to be vaccinated may be OK for the individual, but not if it impinges on the rights of others to not become sick.
Do you feel that way about the flu vaccine? Did you two years ago?

Also, where does one's right to be fat and unhealthy end (when it limits my right to go on about my life even if it puts them at risk because of their poor health)?

If we're going to mandate vaccinations we should mandate exercise and diet restrictions when someone's BMI exceeds certain thresholds as they will then consume more than their share of medical resources. Cigarettes should be banned or at least those who smoke go to the back of the line at hospitals (as suggested by some legal "scholars" here for the unvaccinated).
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
Beebs52
Queen of Wack
Posts: 11869
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Location: Location.Location.Location

Re: Gov. Abbott has COVID-19

#25 Post by Beebs52 » Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:55 am

earendel wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:17 am
tlynn78 wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:53 pm
earendel wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:12 pm
Trump held a rally in Alabama and when he recommended that his audience get vaccinated he was booed. Of course, being Trump, he waffled somewhat, saying that the people had the right to choose whether to get the shot or not.

"...saying that the people had the right to choose whether to get the shot or not."

So, stating a fact is "waffling"? I mean, so far, people do have the right to choose.
Do they? Does their "right to choose" include the right to infect others, possibly ending up in hospitalization or death? I've always heard that "the right to swing my fist ends at the point of someone else's nose". So choosing not to be vaccinated may be OK for the individual, but not if it impinges on the rights of others to not become sick.
Don't forget your shingles vaccine mandate, too.


"Shingles itself is not contagious. You can't spread the condition to another person. However, the varicella-zoster virus is contagious, and if you have shingles, you can spread the virus to another person, which could then cause them to develop chickenpox.'
Well, then

Post Reply