RIP Alex Cord

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
silverscreenselect

RIP Alex Cord

#1 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:01 pm

Actor best known for his co-starring role on the TV series Airwolf in the 1980s. He played a lot of action roles on TV and the movies from the 60s to 80s. His best known film role was as the John Wayne character in the remake of Stagecoach. Cord suffered from polio as a child and spent time in an iron lung. His parents then introduced him to horseback riding as part of his recovery, and he was an avid rider his entire life.

Age 88.

This scene is from one of Cord's best remembered TV guest roles on Gunsmoke. If you look closely behind lead villain Morgan Woodward, you'll see a very young Harrison Ford as one of his flunkies.

Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

Re: RIP Alex Cord

#2 Post by SportsFan68 » Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:33 pm

I thought Cord was wonderful in Stagecoach. For a long time, that was the only Stagecoach in my experience.

Then some station showed the John Wayne version on the late show. Wow! I thought. He's really handsome!

But I saw Cord in the role first, so he wins.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

silverscreenselect

Re: RIP Alex Cord

#3 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:24 am

SportsFan68 wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:33 pm
I thought Cord was wonderful in Stagecoach. For a long time, that was the only Stagecoach in my experience.

Then some station showed the John Wayne version on the late show. Wow! I thought. He's really handsome!

But I saw Cord in the role first, so he wins.
There was actually a country musician TV movie version of Stagecoach in the mid-80s with Kris Kristofferson (in the Wayne/Cord role), Johnny Cash and June Carter, Willie Nelson, and Waylon Jennings.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com