To Weyoun-Second Cases of Covid Question

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Spock

To Weyoun-Second Cases of Covid Question

#1 Post by Spock » Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:08 pm

Weyoun, can you describe some of what you have been seeing/are seeing when people get Covid for the second time?

Also, just general thoughts on your 2X Covid patients.

silverscreenselect

Re: To Weyoun-Second Cases of Covid Question

#2 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:31 pm

Serious answer. Just published study from the CDC:

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7032e1.htm
Among Kentucky residents infected with SARS-CoV-2 in 2020, vaccination status of those reinfected during May–June 2021 was compared with that of residents who were not reinfected. In this case-control study, being unvaccinated was associated with 2.34 times the odds of reinfection compared with being fully vaccinated.
There's a whole bunch of caveats and limitations associated with this study. And the dates of the study (May-June) would pretty much preclude any cases of reinfection with the delta variant.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Spock

#3 Post by Spock » Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:56 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:31 pm
Serious answer. Just published study from the CDC:

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7032e1.htm
Among Kentucky residents infected with SARS-CoV-2 in 2020, vaccination status of those reinfected during May–June 2021 was compared with that of residents who were not reinfected. In this case-control study, being unvaccinated was associated with 2.34 times the odds of reinfection compared with being fully vaccinated.
There's a whole bunch of caveats and limitations associated with this study. And the dates of the study (May-June) would pretty much preclude any cases of reinfection with the delta variant.
Oh, wow-Congrats on your Google skills and quickly finding something that MIGHT support your views.

I submit that I have heard much more in-depth discussion of this (and related type papers) on Heying and Weinstein's Dark Horse Podcast than you have. Heying and Weinstein are PHD Evolutionary Biologists that I referenced in "The Mark" thread.

Besides, I wasn't asking for a Googling exercise. I was asking about Weyoun's direct experience with 2X Covid patients.

silverscreenselect

#4 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:02 pm

Spock wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:56 pm
Oh, wow-Congrats on your Google skills and quickly finding something that MIGHT support your views.
I wasn't trying to come up with something that "might" support my views. If anything, I would have thought that the vaccine would have been even more effective in preventing a second infection. If you'll note, this survey is new.

I'd like to hear Weyoun's response too. But I'd wager that he, like most doctors also relies on statistics and case studies that have a lot more patients than his personal observations.

silverscreenselect

#5 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:14 pm

Spock wrote:
I submit that I have heard much more in-depth discussion of this (and related type papers) on Heying and Weinstein's Dark Horse Podcast than you have.
You're right about that. I prefer to listen to rational, scientific discussions, and not the latest quackery.

Spock

#6 Post by Spock » Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:16 pm

Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:14 pm
Spock wrote:
I submit that I have heard much more in-depth discussion of this (and related type papers) on Heying and Weinstein's Dark Horse Podcast than you have.
You're right about that. I prefer to listen to rational, scientific discussions, and not the latest quackery.
What do you mean by "Quackery?"

Do you mean 2 PHD Evolutionary Biologists who you have never heard of before?

Oh, I Know-you can do a quick Google and come up with something.

Spock

#7 Post by Spock » Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:29 pm

SSS>>>I'd like to hear Weyoun's response too. But I'd wager that he, like most doctors also relies on statistics and case studies that have a lot more patients than his personal observations.<<<<

Be that as it may-I want his personal observations on the subset of 2X Covid patients that he has dealt with.

silverscreenselect

#8 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:35 pm

Spock wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:16 pm

You're right. I did look them up. What I found, along with the fact that you drool over them, told me all that I needed to know. Having a PhD doesn't mean that they can't be quacks. In fact, some smart people realize that there's a good cottage industry in kowtowing to rubes. That's how snake oil salesmen made a living.

Spock

#9 Post by Spock » Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:54 am

Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:35 pm
Spock wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:16 pm

You're right. I did look them up. What I found, along with the fact that you drool over them, told me all that I needed to know. Having a PhD doesn't mean that they can't be quacks. In fact, some smart people realize that there's a good cottage industry in kowtowing to rubes. That's how snake oil salesmen made a living.
Yeah, my guys are quacks-but at least they don't have a history of subsidizing Gain-of Function research in Chinese Bioweapons Labs like your guys do. That is kind of a deal breaker for me.

Just remember though-our sparring aside-the main question in this thread is that I am asking for Weyoun's direct clinical experience and his general observations on the subset of his second-case of Covid patients.

Weyoun

#10 Post by Weyoun » Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:10 pm

Spock wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:08 pm
Weyoun, can you describe some of what you have been seeing/are seeing when people get Covid for the second time?

Their presentation is variable. Sometimes it’s mild. Sometimes it’s actually more severe. I had one patient who had some sort of low level Covid for months. He was a nursing home patient. He was always mildly il and kept coming back positive. After a while, we just started to ignore the Covid

To give you one data point, I have a friend working in Alabama. He tells me they have about 100 Covid positive patients right now in their hospital. Consistent with what is seen elsewhere, well over 90 of them are not vaccinated. 11 of those have had Covid previously

Obviously, one data point, but it suggests to me that the vaccine is more protective than having Covid before. This may be in part because the people who are vaccinated got it more recently

Spock

#11 Post by Spock » Sat Aug 14, 2021 2:30 pm

Weyoun wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:10 pm
Spock wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:08 pm

Their presentation is variable. Sometimes it’s mild. Sometimes it’s actually more severe. I had one patient who had some sort of low level Covid for months. He was a nursing home patient. He was always mildly il and kept coming back positive. After a while, we just started to ignore the Covid

To give you one data point, I have a friend working in Alabama. He tells me they have about 100 Covid positive patients right now in their hospital. Consistent with what is seen elsewhere, well over 90 of them are not vaccinated. 11 of those have had Covid previously

Obviously, one data point, but it suggests to me that the vaccine is more protective than having Covid before. This may be in part because the people who are vaccinated got it more recently
Thank You