What will L.A. Etc Use for the Mark?

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Spock

Re: What will L.A. Etc Use for the Mark?

#51 Post by Spock » Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:56 am

Oh, and as far as 11YO's filling the beds we will have to see about that over time.

You are, quite simply, the best there is at jumping on an initial media narrative and, a couple of weeks later, when the facts on the ground don't quite match that narrative it doesn't matter to you because you have long since moved on to the next "Squirrel."

silverscreenselect

#52 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Aug 14, 2021 12:32 pm

Spock wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:56 am
You are, quite simply, the best there is at jumping on an initial media narrative and, a couple of weeks later, when the facts on the ground don't quite match that narrative it doesn't matter to you because you have long since moved on to the next "Squirrel."
You're right about the facts on the ground not matching my narrative. They're usually much worse.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Spock

#53 Post by Spock » Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:03 pm

A quick thought on how things work in my world that might surprise some.

Other than my parents (who are vaccinated) I have only really talked about vaccination with one lady. The husband's hobby is growing sweet corn-so for years we have gotten corn there.

The lady has a long history of health problems-bone marrow transplants and so forth-and I was genuinely interested if her health history allowed her to have the shot.

She was able to have it-but their life hasn't changed much because of her immune system problems so they have been pretty isolated long before Covid.

I simply have no idea which of my friends have had the shot or not. We haven't ever really talked about it. I can guess about some-but I may or may not be right.

Spock

#54 Post by Spock » Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:49 pm

Spock wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:03 pm
A quick thought on how things work in my world that might surprise some.

Other than my parents (who are vaccinated) I have only really talked about vaccination with one lady. The husband's hobby is growing sweet corn-so for years we have gotten corn there.

The lady has a long history of health problems-bone marrow transplants and so forth-and I was genuinely interested if her health history allowed her to have the shot.

She was able to have it-but their life hasn't changed much because of her immune system problems so they have been pretty isolated long before Covid.

I simply have no idea which of my friends have had the shot or not. We haven't ever really talked about it. I can guess about some-but I may or may not be right.
I just realized that for all the years I have known her I have been mostly able to refrain from hawking loogies in her direction. The "Mostly" is because she was our playground supervisor in elementary school and some stuff may have happened there that I can't be sure about at this remove of time.-LOL.

Spock

#55 Post by Spock » Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:13 pm

As a matter of interest, using August 11, 2021 numbers we have a grand total of 354 Covid deaths from age zero to 17-with no indication of how many of these kids had severe comorbidities like cancer and so forth. -Most likely most of them had severe comorbidities.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covi ... #SexAndAge

It appears, as of early August anyway, to SSS's great disappointment we have yet to fill mass graves with children.

But, yeah-let's continue to scare the living crap out of little girls.

silverscreenselect

#56 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:00 pm

Spock wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:13 pm
It appears, as of early August anyway, to SSS's great disappointment we have yet to fill mass graves with children.

But, yeah-let's continue to scare the living crap out of little girls.
I'm sure that those who survive but merely spend a couple of weeks intubated in an ICU ward won't be the slightest bit traumatized during their ordeal. I have a feeling that if one of your children was in the ICU, you wouldn't be quite so cavalier about all this.

And you also ignore the fact that children can transmit the infection to other classmates who can then transmit the infection to adults. But most of them probably have natural immunity so there's nothing to worry about.

silverscreenselect

#57 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:03 pm

Spock wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:56 am
Could you point out one time when I've pointed out something about COVID that the "facts on the ground don't match that narrative" and I've moved on? You're engaging in a typical Trumpian argument here, accuse your opponents falsely of what you've done and then move on. Remember all your claims last summer about herd immunity? How did they turn out?

Bob Juch

#58 Post by Bob Juch » Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:57 am

But the least skeptical of the shot had a Master's degree - with only 8.3 percent of that group being vaccine-hesitant.
Those stats are irrelevant. How many of those with advanced degrees have them in non-scientific fields?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#59 Post by Beebs52 » Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:50 am

Bob Juch wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:57 am
But the least skeptical of the shot had a Master's degree - with only 8.3 percent of that group being vaccine-hesitant.
Those stats are irrelevant. How many of those with advanced degrees have them in non-scientific fields?
Your question is irrelevant. I don't think field of study matters. A phd indicates an educated, aware person, which is the point. Someone who has critical thinking skills...
I'm sorry, I crack myself up.
Well, then

silverscreenselect

#60 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:14 am

Beebs52 wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:50 am
Bob Juch wrote:
Your question is irrelevant. I don't think field of study matters. A phd indicates an educated, aware person, which is the point. Someone who has critical thinking skills...
The very size of this survey should point out the problem with it. There were five million people "surveyed," with 10,000 reported PhDs. The survey was actually conducted by Facebook, which then shared its findings with the Carnegie Mellon and Pitt researchers, who performed their own analysis. The study has not been peer reviewed. That should raise red flags about the representative nature of the sampling.

By contrast, a recent KFF survey conducted using accepted sampling methods shows that 19% of those who said they will definitely not get the vaccine were "college educated or more." That means anything from a bachelor's degree on up, which would indicate that there's not many PhDs in that group.

https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covid-1 ... july-2021/

Bob Juch

#61 Post by Bob Juch » Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:29 am

Beebs52 wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:
How about:
Dr Bill Cosby
Dr Rand Paul
Dr Larry Nasser
Dr Josef Mengele
Dr Bashar al-Assad
Dr Christopher Duntsch
?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#62 Post by Beebs52 » Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:33 am

Bob Juch wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:29 am
Beebs52 wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:

How about:
Dr Bill Cosby
Dr Rand Paul
Dr Larry Nasser
Dr Josef Mengele
Dr Bashar al-Assad
Dr Christopher Duntsch
?
You missed my sarcasm. I must work on delivery. "crack myself up..."
Well, then

Estonut
Evil Genius

#63 Post by Estonut » Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:30 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:53 am
Fewer than 350 people a year under the age of 21 have been abducted by strangers in the United States in the last decade, but that hasn't prevented generations of parents talking to their children about that subject.
That's per year since 2010. Not too good with numbers, eh?
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

silverscreenselect

#64 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:27 pm

Estonut wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:30 pm
silverscreenselect wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:53 am
Fewer than 350 people a year under the age of 21 have been abducted by strangers in the United States in the last decade, but that hasn't prevented generations of parents talking to their children about that subject.
That's per year since 2010. Not too good with numbers, eh?
That's what I said.
On average, fewer than 350 people under the age of 21 have been abducted by strangers in the United States per year since 2010, the FBI says. From 2010 through 2017, the most recent data available, the number has ranged from a low of 303 in 2016 to a high of 384 in 2011 with no clear directional trend.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-wisc ... SKCN1P52BJ

Spock

#65 Post by Spock » Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:44 pm

Never thought I would see the day here where the Left is trashing PHD's.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#66 Post by Beebs52 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:50 pm

Spock wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:44 pm
I have a great friend who has a phd. Years ago when we were neighbors we'd laff and laff at her stories of professors and colleagues, as she studied.
Well, then

Bob Juch

#67 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:15 pm

Spock wrote:
What makes you think that?

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#68 Post by Beebs52 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:29 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:15 pm
Spock wrote:
What makes you think that?
This is only my take on it. Because academia, tenure, weird and woke shit would preclude bashing phds. Of course trashing libertarian, or "conservative" phds is de rigueur
Well, then

Spock

#69 Post by Spock » Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:23 am

New Zealand just had ONE case of Covid and is majorly locking down.

Jacinda Ardern (the PM) asked Kiwis not to go outside unless absolutely necessary.

So, I guess they aren't supposed to follow the science on the benefits of Vitamin D and on general outdoor fitness.

Yeah, sit in the house and get fat. That will help you stay healthy.

I realize that the Left lives in an Edenic world where Covid is the only health problem. but, away from the Garden-other health problems still exist.

silverscreenselect

#70 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:43 am

Spock wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:23 am
I realize that the Left lives in an Edenic world where Covid is the only health problem. but, away from the Garden-other health problems still exist.
The lockdown is for three days except for Auckland and Coromandel, a coastal town where the victim spent time. The lockdown there is for seven days. Authorities are talking to the man so they can do contact tracing and see how widespread the threat is, if any. New Zealand had not had a reported case in six months, BUT the country has a very low vaccination rate. Citizens had been living pretty much without restrictions since February.

This may be an overreaction, but from a health standpoint, the people in New Zealand have had a lot better time of it the last six months than the entire rest of the world. People can survive three days indoors. They might not survive a mass COVID outbreak.
So, I guess they aren't supposed to follow the science on the benefits of Vitamin D and on general outdoor fitness.
Also, it's still winter in New Zealand. The average August temperature in Auckland low/high is 46-59 F. It also rains on about half the days in the month and there is an average of 4.5 days of sunshine per day. The capital, Wellington, is on the South Island, and temperatures there are even colder, with slightly less rain. So, it's not like Los Angeles in August, and you don't have a lot of people out soaking up the rays this time of year. As many, many people in the United States have discovered, you can keep fit indoors as well.

silverscreenselect

#71 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:13 am

Spock wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:23 am
New Zealand just had ONE case of Covid and is majorly locking down.

Since that one case and the lockdown being initiated, they have had a total of 21 cases reported. The patient zero had done a good bit of traveling before the disease was detected.

This shows just how quickly this delta variant can spread in an environment where most people are not vaccinated. And that it's possible in New Zealand through contact tracing and quarantines to keep the cases in check. If these 21 individuals had continued to go about their daily business, we could have had many more cases by now. Most doctors think the actual number of infected is probably 50-100.

This is in a country that had a total of 2500 cases and 26 deaths before now.