These Parents Are Criminal

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Spock

These Parents Are Criminal

#1 Post by Spock » Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:05 pm

CNN clip of a 12 YO Girl writing a letter to her school board requesting a mask mandate to protect her younger brother.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1423042557932625922

These parents have had their minor children living in abject fear for a year and a half of a disease that will likely not affect them. It is not Polio we are talking about here.

I often describe mask use as theater and it doesn't get any more theatrical than the scenes of the family playing a game at home with their masks on.

silverscreenselect

Re: These Parents Are Criminal

#2 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:11 pm

Spock wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:05 pm
CNN clip of a 12 YO Girl writing a letter to her school board requesting a mask mandate to protect her younger brother.
The criminals are the unvaccinated parents who don't care about their own children's safety and want to send them to school so that they can infect other parents' children. About 20% of the new cases being reported are in children, and in Florida, there are 32 pediatric hospitalizations a day for COVID. That's not a large number in the total scheme of things but I doubt any of those children or their parents think it is no big deal.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jemimamcev ... a0c8e73be9
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

silverscreenselect

#3 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:12 pm

Spock wrote:
a disease that will likely not affect them.
Playing Russian roulette "likely" won't affect you if you only pull the trigger one time. Want to try?

Spock

#4 Post by Spock » Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:18 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:11 pm
Spock wrote:
The criminals are the unvaccinated parents who don't care about their own children's safety and want to send them to school so that they can infect other parents' children. About 20% of the new cases being reported are in children, and in Florida, there are 32 pediatric hospitalizations a day for COVID. That's not a large number in the total scheme of things but I doubt any of those children or their parents think it is no big deal.

Obviously, you completely ignore my main point which is the abject terror these 2 kids are living in. Sensible precautions-Yes. Sustained abject terror is uncalled for.

Spock

#5 Post by Spock » Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:34 pm

Worse yet-the parents are complete posers. They have their minor children living in abject terror (for a year and a half) but if they were sincere in their beliefs they would make whatever sacrifices necessary to homeschool the younger one until he can get the shot.

BackInTex

#6 Post by BackInTex » Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:45 pm

Spock wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:18 pm
Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:11 pm
Spock wrote:

Obviously, you completely ignore my main point which is the abject terror these 2 kids are living in. Sensible precautions-Yes. Sustained abject terror is uncalled for.
Of course he does. His narrative requires it. What his logic fails to consider is those few kids who do get real sick and parents don't think it no big deal are much fewer than the kids dying every day by other causes. SSS's worldview is to quit living to stay alive because anything can kill you. I don't understand it but personally know several folks, some decent friends, who are like that. One thing they have in common is a liberal mindset.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#7 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:14 pm

Spock wrote:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1423042557932625922

These parents have had their minor children living in abject fear for a year and a half of a disease that will likely not affect them. It is not Polio we are talking about here.

I often describe mask use as theater and it doesn't get any more theatrical than the scenes of the family playing a game at home with their masks on.
So now you know better than these parents how to raise their kids. Your ignorance is exceeded only by your arrogance.

According to the head of Tennessee's Department of Public Health, children's hospitals in Tennessee (yes, I know that's not Florida) are on pace to completely fill by the end of the week. Which ones? "All of them."

The mantra front-line doctors are starting to apply to the virus is "Younger, sicker, quicker." And not only are you too damn selfish to protect yourself and others by getting the vaccine, I'm guessing you're also too damn selfish to protect others by wearing a god damn mask around them. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#8 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:28 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:45 pm
SSS's worldview is to quit living to stay alive because anything can kill you. I don't understand it but personally know several folks, some decent friends, who are like that. One thing they have in common is a liberal mindset.
If by "liberal mindset," you mean a belief in science, well, I guess we do share that. This pandemic is unlike anything we've gone through in a century, but you and Spock want to turn this into a show of masculine bravado. In most places, this type of macho posturing went out around the time boys went off to college.

I didn't see kids in "abject terror." I saw them with a reasonable sense of precautions. Before we had the vaccine, the best way to prevent OTHERS from getting the virus was to wear masks. Kids weren't likely to catch a bad case, but they could and did spread it to parents, grandparents, teachers, and others with whom they came in contact.

Weyoun

#9 Post by Weyoun » Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:10 pm

Spock wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:34 pm
Worse yet-the parents are complete posers. They have their minor children living in abject terror (for a year and a half) but if they were sincere in their beliefs they would make whatever sacrifices necessary to homeschool the younger one until he can get the shot.
Seems awfully unlibertarian of you to tell someone else how to raise their children.

Anyway, I agree the risk is small, but it’s not nonzero. I am frustrated as the father of a young child that I should have to worry about this at all.

If you were really concerned about the mental health of children, you would get vaccinated and encourage your friends to do the same.

As a parent I am stunned to see another parent behave this way, but you probably think some child are supposed to die around age six from cholera.

But you are interested in your own kind of theatre, aren’t you?

Jackass.

Bob Juch

#10 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:39 pm

Weyoun wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:10 pm
Spock wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:34 pm
Seems awfully unlibertarian of you to tell someone else how to raise their children.

Anyway, I agree the risk is small, but it’s not nonzero. I am frustrated as the father of a young child that I should have to worry about this at all.

If you were really concerned about the mental health of children, you would get vaccinated and encourage your friends to do the same.

As a parent I am stunned to see another parent behave this way, but you probably think some child are supposed to die around age six from cholera.

But you are interested in your own kind of theatre, aren’t you?

Jackass.
Thin the herd. Fewer Republicans. :twisted:
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

silverscreenselect

#11 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:22 pm

Spock wrote:
It is not Polio we are talking about here.
No, it's far more widespread than polio. As I cited previously, polio was killing about 2,000 people a year in the United States in the early 1950s. And according to this site, there were 52,000 total cases of polio and 21,000 cases of paralysis in 1952. But polio was a very visible disease. Paralyzed people could be seen on crutches or in wheelchairs. I had an acquaintance I went to college with who walked with a limp because he had polio as a child. Those who suffer the worst and die from COVID have mostly done so in isolation with nobody but medical workers around them, so it's easy to discount its seriousness for those who don't care to look at any actual data.

https://www.historyofvaccines.org/index ... -1952-1962

Bob Juch

#12 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:04 am

Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:22 pm
Spock wrote:
It is not Polio we are talking about here.
No, it's far more widespread than polio. As I cited previously, polio was killing about 2,000 people a year in the United States in the early 1950s. And according to this site, there were 52,000 total cases of polio and 21,000 cases of paralysis in 1952. But polio was a very visible disease. Paralyzed people could be seen on crutches or in wheelchairs. I had an acquaintance I went to college with who walked with a limp because he had polio as a child. Those who suffer the worst and die from COVID have mostly done so in isolation with nobody but medical workers around them, so it's easy to discount its seriousness for those who don't care to look at any actual data.

https://www.historyofvaccines.org/index ... -1952-1962
I wonder if things would be different if the virus created zombies.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

tlynn78

#13 Post by tlynn78 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:06 am

"Seems awfully unlibertarian of you to tell someone else how to raise their children."

lol - yes, Spock, don't you know you're supposed to leave that to the liberals?
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#14 Post by Beebs52 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:30 am

Curious, since the timeline of vaccine efficacy is questionable will there be booster proof requirements?
Well, then

BackInTex

#15 Post by BackInTex » Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:50 am

Beebs52 wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:30 am
Curious, since the timeline of vaccine efficacy is questionable will there be booster proof requirements?
I don't know how that can be possible since so many Democrats can't get IDs.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#16 Post by Beebs52 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:53 am

General concerns, questions, maybe should be in a separate thread, I dunno. There are several variants and so much is unknown...

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41586-021-03777-9

Sera from individuals who had received one dose of the Pfizer or the AstraZeneca vaccine had a barely discernible inhibitory effect on the Delta variant. Administration of two doses of the vaccine generated a neutralizing response in 95% of individuals, with titres three- to fivefold lower against the Delta variant than against the Alpha variant. Thus, the spread of the Delta variant is associated with an escape from antibodies that target non-RBD and RBD epitopes of the spike protein.
Well, then

Bob Juch

#17 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:31 am

Beebs52 wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:30 am
That's still up in the air. Moderna said the other day that their vaccine is still effective after six months.

Bob Juch

#18 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:35 am

Beebs52 wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:53 am
General concerns, questions, maybe should be in a separate thread, I dunno. There are several variants and so much is unknown...

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41586-021-03777-9

Sera from individuals who had received one dose of the Pfizer or the AstraZeneca vaccine had a barely discernible inhibitory effect on the Delta variant. Administration of two doses of the vaccine generated a neutralizing response in 95% of individuals, with titres three- to fivefold lower against the Delta variant than against the Alpha variant. Thus, the spread of the Delta variant is associated with an escape from antibodies that target non-RBD and RBD epitopes of the spike protein.
Before they started vaccinating people I posted here about the possibility that Covid might mutate and thus not be prevented by the vaccine, just as the common flu does. This isn't quite as bad as I feared, but it's close. The epsilon variant might be worse.

silverscreenselect

#19 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:06 pm

Since Spock brough up the subject of criminal parents, I thought I'd mention a father who is a real criminal.

California dad killed his kids over QAnon and 'serpent DNA' conspiracy theories, feds claim
A California surfing school owner who was charged with killing his two children in Mexico is a follower of QAnon and Illuminati conspiracy theories who thought the children "were going to grow into monsters so he had to kill them," federal officials alleged.

Matthew Taylor Coleman, 40, was charged Wednesday with foreign murder of U.S. nationals in connection with the death of his 2-year-old son and his 10-month-old daughter, according to the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Central District of California. Authorities said Coleman confessed to the killings and told the FBI that he used a spear fishing gun to stab them. A criminal complaint alleges that he told the FBI that he killed his children because he believed they "were going to grow into monsters" and that conspiracy theories led him to believe that his wife had passed down her "serpent DNA" to the children.
Coleman's wife, identified only by her initials, contacted Santa Barbara police after her husband had taken the kids out on Saturday but didn't tell her where they were going, the complaint said. She grew concerned after he failed to respond to her messages, and, knowing that her husband didn't have a car seat with him, she called police.

The complaint alleges that Coleman confessed to the killings upon being interviewed Monday and gave authorities the location of the murder weapon and the discarded bloody clothing. He also identified two bodies recovered by Mexican authorities as those of his children, it said. According to the complaint, Coleman said that he knew what he did was wrong but that "it was the only course of action that would save the world." "Serpent DNA" is a likely to be a reference to the "lizard people" conspiracy theory, which falsely purports that reptilian aliens secretly run the world and have taken over important positions in government, banking and Hollywood.
This guy has a lot in common with the parents who won't get vaccinated and insist on sending their kids to school without masks. The only difference is that he acted a little bit quicker.

BackInTex

#20 Post by BackInTex » Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:10 pm

who thought the children "were going to grow into monsters so he had to kill them,
Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:06 pm

This guy has a lot in common with the parents who won't get vaccinated and insist on sending their kids to school without masks. The only difference is that he acted a little bit quicker.
I think he has more in common with folks who think they've grown into something other than what they are, and folks who agree with them.
~~ Thomas Jefferson