So, Are You Vaccinated People Living Your Best Life This Summer?

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
tlynn78

Re: So, Are You Vaccinated People Living Your Best Life This Summer?

#26 Post by tlynn78 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:55 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:20 pm
Hahahahahaha...snort.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.axios. ... 03912.html
LOL - but that's diiiffffferent...
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Weyoun

#27 Post by Weyoun » Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:16 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:44 am
franktangredi wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:20 am
Weyoun wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:04 am

I consider it stolen valor.

I still get nightmares about last December. This coward is claiming he’s something special because he won’t wear a mask.

“Grandpappy, what did you do during the pandemic?”

“Well I went to the county fair three weekends in a row.”
Nobody responds to you because they know you actually know something. But you won a long time ago.
Two corrections:

1) “Grandpappy, what did you do during the pandemic?” "I continued to produce food to feed the masses rather rather than shutdown farming operations in fear."

2) And I have and continue to respond to Weyoun. As he continues to respond to me.

Many consider Weyoun and others in his field, heroes for putting themselves at risk to save lives during the pandemic. I have no problem with that, and tend to agree with the label. But when those "heroes" wear their new badge with honor while dismissing the contributions of someone who also continued to do their part in keeping people alive (producing food) because they wear their bravado openly as well, it makes them seem less than thankful for the contribution of those they seem to consider as mere serfs.
Please stop putting words in my mouth. And thanks for your soft endorsement of the hard work I did last year - it means a lot!

But where have I said that the work of someone who works on a farm or the grocery store lacks value?

Of course that work is vital. All the more reason to get everyone vaccinated. I would hate for somebody in a meat packing plant to get sick.

But Spock is not talking about work. He’s talking about going to the parade (and also bragging that he was dopey enough, in one of least densely populated states in the country, to get Covid last year.)

He wanted to rub everyone’s face in shit and he’s appropriately getting called out.

tlynn78

#28 Post by tlynn78 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:21 pm

Weyoun wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:16 pm
BackInTex wrote:
franktangredi wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:20 am

Nobody responds to you because they know you actually know something. But you won a long time ago.
Two corrections:

1) “Grandpappy, what did you do during the pandemic?” "I continued to produce food to feed the masses rather rather than shutdown farming operations in fear."

2) And I have and continue to respond to Weyoun. As he continues to respond to me.

Many consider Weyoun and others in his field, heroes for putting themselves at risk to save lives during the pandemic. I have no problem with that, and tend to agree with the label. But when those "heroes" wear their new badge with honor while dismissing the contributions of someone who also continued to do their part in keeping people alive (producing food) because they wear their bravado openly as well, it makes them seem less than thankful for the contribution of those they seem to consider as mere serfs.
Please stop putting words in my mouth. And thanks for your soft endorsement of the hard work I did last year - it means a lot!

But where have I said that the work of someone who works on a farm or the grocery store lacks value?

Of course that work is vital. All the more reason to get everyone vaccinated. I would hate for somebody in a meat packing plant to get sick.

But Spock is not talking about work. He’s talking about going to the parade (and also bragging that he was dopey enough, in one of least densely populated states in the country, to get Covid last year.)

He wanted to rub everyone’s face in shit and he’s appropriately getting called out.

LOL - is it your medically sound opinion that he got Covid because he was 'dopey enough'? Didn't realize that was a prerequisite. Sounds completely legit.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

silverscreenselect

#29 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:03 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:33 pm
Is there evidence that someone who is vaccinated, but gets COVID, can't transmit? I haven't seen anything. So I'll repeat what I said above, that your friend is just as likely to have contracted the virus from someone who is vaccinated but got sick.
People who have been vaccinated and contract COVID can transmit to others. That's what was demonstrated in Massachusetts last month and led to the revised CDC guidelines. I haven't seen any information as to whether an individual with breakthrough COVID is more or less likely to transmit the disease to someone else.

But I know that the number of new cases reported among vaccinated people is much lower than among the unvaccinated. As of last week, the CDC had about 125,000 breakthrough cases (previously vaccinated people) total. We are now reporting over 50,000 new cases a day. So the chances that Bob's friend or anyone was infected by someone who was vaccinated are much smaller than if it was an unvaccinated person.

And the recognition that you could get transmissible COVID even though vaccinated is what's led a lot of places and employers to put in new mask or vaccine mandates.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

silverscreenselect

#30 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:08 pm

Spock wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:31 pm
Or, are you cowering in fear again?

Let's see-last 3 weekends, I have been to 2 well-attended county fairs, an outdoor concert, a large parade etc-with nary a mask to be seen. Plus, the obvious crowded travel situation to the 3rd World in June.

The Spock family is carrying natural immunity from having had it last fall.
There are probably a number of drinking and driving alcoholics out there who take great pride in the fact that they've never received a DUI.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#31 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:40 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:03 pm
BackInTex wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:33 pm
Is there evidence that someone who is vaccinated, but gets COVID, can't transmit? I haven't seen anything. So I'll repeat what I said above, that your friend is just as likely to have contracted the virus from someone who is vaccinated but got sick.
People who have been vaccinated and contract COVID can transmit to others. That's what was demonstrated in Massachusetts last month and led to the revised CDC guidelines. I haven't seen any information as to whether an individual with breakthrough COVID is more or less likely to transmit the disease to someone else.

But I know that the number of new cases reported among vaccinated people is much lower than among the unvaccinated. As of last week, the CDC had about 125,000 breakthrough cases (previously vaccinated people) total. We are now reporting over 50,000 new cases a day. So the chances that Bob's friend or anyone was infected by someone who was vaccinated are much smaller than if it was an unvaccinated person.

And the recognition that you could get transmissible COVID even though vaccinated is what's led a lot of places and employers to put in new mask or vaccine mandates.
It turns out that my partner's illness wasn't COVID. Both he and his wife, who also fell ill, tested negative.

Another of my partners (also vaccinated) did contract COVID, as did his wife, and he is waiting out his quarantine period. Both partners are feeling much better and neither required hospitalization.

Senator Lindsey Graham, by the way, has tested positive for COVID. He has been vaccinated, and reports that the disease feels like a sinus infection. Senator Graham is quarantining for 10 days. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

a1mamacat

#32 Post by a1mamacat » Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:00 pm

Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:08 pm
Spock wrote:

Let's see-last 3 weekends, I have been to 2 well-attended county fairs, an outdoor concert, a large parade etc-with nary a mask to be seen. Plus, the obvious crowded travel situation to the 3rd World in June.

There are probably a number of drinking and driving alcoholics out there who take great pride in the fact that they've never received a DUI.
So when did the Darwin awards add a family category?
Lover of Soft Animals and Fine Art
1st annual international BBBL Champeeeeen!

Bob Juch

#33 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:01 pm

Lindsey Graham tests positive for Covid-19 and has had 'flu-like symptoms' despite being vaccinated

(CNN)Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina announced Monday that he has tested positive for Covid-19 despite being vaccinated and has experienced "flu-like symptoms," but said that he now has only "mild symptoms" and is very glad he had been vaccinated because "without vaccination I am certain I would not feel as well as I do now."

"I was just informed by the House physician I have tested positive for #COVID19 even after being vaccinated. I started having flu-like symptoms Saturday night and went to the doctor this morning," he tweeted.
Graham wrote in a follow-up tweet, "I feel like I have a sinus infection and at present time I have mild symptoms. I will be quarantining for ten days. I am very glad I was vaccinated because without vaccination I am certain I would not feel as well as I do now. My symptoms would be far worse."
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Weyoun

#34 Post by Weyoun » Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:38 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:21 pm
Weyoun wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:16 pm
BackInTex wrote:

Two corrections:

LOL - is it your medically sound opinion that he got Covid because he was 'dopey enough'? Didn't realize that was a prerequisite. Sounds completely legit.
Yes

BackInTex

#35 Post by BackInTex » Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:42 am

Spock wrote:

Or people who smoke and have never (so far) gotten lung cancer or have COPD. (Darwin award family plan anyone?)
Or overweight people who've never had a heart attack or required by-pass surgery or have Type-II diabetes.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#36 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:39 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:42 am
Spock wrote:

Or people who smoke and have never (so far) gotten lung cancer or have COPD. (Darwin award family plan anyone?)
Or overweight people who've never had a heart attack or required by-pass surgery or have Type-II diabetes.
The point is that the failure to have an adverse consequence from risky behavior does not mean that the behavior isn't risky. Thanks for providing some more examples that demonstrate Spock's dopeyness.

tlynn78

#37 Post by tlynn78 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:48 pm

Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:39 pm
BackInTex wrote:

The point is that the failure to have an adverse consequence from risky behavior does not mean that the behavior isn't risky. Thanks for providing some more examples that demonstrate Spock's dopeyness.
Do you girls all wear pink on Wednesdays?

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#38 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:01 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:48 pm
BackInTex wrote:
I'm not following. Is suggesting that we're "girls" supposed to be some sort of insult? The context suggests so, but I don't understand why. Please elaborate. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

tlynn78

#39 Post by tlynn78 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:11 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:01 pm
tlynn78 wrote:

I'm not following. Is suggesting that we're "girls" supposed to be some sort of insult? The context suggests so, but I don't understand why. Please elaborate. --Bob
Movie reference for those whose behavior mimics that of a high school (or junior high) Mean Girl. You gotta get out more.

Vandal
Director of Promos

#40 Post by Vandal » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:15 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:11 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:
Movie reference for those whose behavior mimics that of a high school (or junior high) Mean Girl. You gotta get out more.
That's so fetch!
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

tlynn78

#41 Post by tlynn78 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:18 pm

Vandal wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:15 pm
tlynn78 wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:11 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
That's so fetch!
Never gonna happen.

kroxquo

#42 Post by kroxquo » Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:16 pm

For what it's worth, here is a piece entitled "I’m An ICU Doctor And I Cannot Believe The Things Unvaccinated Patients Are Telling Me"

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/icu-doct ... ket-newtab
You live and learn. Or at least you live. - Douglas Adams