"Normal Tourist" Re-Arrested After Buying 37 More Guns

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
silverscreenselect

"Normal Tourist" Re-Arrested After Buying 37 More Guns

#1 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:14 pm

A Virginia police officer who was fired after storming the US Capitol was jailed Wednesday by a federal judge because he ordered a large stockpile of guns and ammunition after his January arrest, and posted online in support of future political violence. Thomas Robertson, a retired Army Reservist who later worked for the Rocky Mount Police Department, was one of the first rioters charged by the Justice Department.

He was released in January but re-arrested this month after investigators said they found a rifle and bomb-making material in his home, and also learned that he recently bought another 37 guns on the Internet. The decision from Judge Christopher Cooper means Robertson will stay behind bars until his case is resolved, which could take months or even drag into 2022. His lawyer said Robertson is in solitary confinement, for his own safety, because he's a former police officer. He pleaded not guilty to four counts, including felony obstruction of congressional proceedings.

Prosecutors say Robertson called for more violence after January 6. He allegedly posted online that "the only voice these people will now listen to is violence," so people should "buckle armor or just stay at home." After that, prosecutors said, Robertson started purchasing more weapons. "I have learned that if you peacefully protest than you will be arrested, fired, be put on a no-fly list," he allegedly posted on an online gun forum last month. "I have learned very well that if you dip your toe into the Rubicon... cross it. Cross it hard and violent and play for all the marbles." The judge took note of these and other postings, and pointed out that they occurred at the same time Robertson went on a "remarkable shopping spree for high-powered assault weapons." Prosecutors alleged that he spent about $16,000 on the guns in a two-month span.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/28/politics ... index.html

By the way, willfully shipping or transporting firearms across state lines while under federal indictment is a separate felony that Robertson can add to his list of criminal offenses. But he's just another normal tourist out for a stroll through the Capitol on January 6.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Spock

Re: "Normal Tourist" Re-Arrested After Buying 37 More Guns

#2 Post by Spock » Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:33 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:14 pm
A Virginia police officer who was fired after storming the US Capitol was jailed Wednesday by a federal judge because he ordered a large stockpile of guns and ammunition after his January arrest, and posted online in support of future political violence. Thomas Robertson, a retired Army Reservist who later worked for the Rocky Mount Police Department, was one of the first rioters charged by the Justice Department.

He was released in January but re-arrested this month after investigators said they found a rifle and bomb-making material in his home, and also learned that he recently bought another 37 guns on the Internet. The decision from Judge Christopher Cooper means Robertson will stay behind bars until his case is resolved, which could take months or even drag into 2022. His lawyer said Robertson is in solitary confinement, for his own safety, because he's a former police officer. He pleaded not guilty to four counts, including felony obstruction of congressional proceedings.

Prosecutors say Robertson called for more violence after January 6. He allegedly posted online that "the only voice these people will now listen to is violence," so people should "buckle armor or just stay at home." After that, prosecutors said, Robertson started purchasing more weapons. "I have learned that if you peacefully protest than you will be arrested, fired, be put on a no-fly list," he allegedly posted on an online gun forum last month. "I have learned very well that if you dip your toe into the Rubicon... cross it. Cross it hard and violent and play for all the marbles." The judge took note of these and other postings, and pointed out that they occurred at the same time Robertson went on a "remarkable shopping spree for high-powered assault weapons." Prosecutors alleged that he spent about $16,000 on the guns in a two-month span.

By the way, willfully shipping or transporting firearms across state lines while under federal indictment is a separate felony that Robertson can add to his list of criminal offenses. But he's just another normal tourist out for a stroll through the Capitol on January 6.
Hmm, history repeats. A year and a half ago-you and your ilk were following the bouncy ball (squirrel) of Trump's impeachment and completely missed (and dismissed) the first signs of Covid.

Now you have a new bouncy ball to follow (squirrel). I wonder what you will miss this time.

As I said to Bob#'s. I hope that none of us lives long enough to see what a real insurrection looks like.

wbtravis007

#3 Post by wbtravis007 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:10 am

Spock wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:33 am
Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:14 pm

Hmm, history repeats. A year and a half ago-you and your ilk were following the bouncy ball (squirrel) of Trump's impeachment and completely missed (and dismissed) the first signs of Covid.

Now you have a new bouncy ball to follow (squirrel). I wonder what you will miss this time.

As I said to Bob#'s. I hope that none of us lives long enough to see what a real insurrection looks like.
Not sure what point you’re trying to make here. Are you saying that you and your ilk know better than to consider this guy and his ilk to be anything other than what would amount to a tourist?

silverscreenselect

#4 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:21 am

Spock wrote:

Donald Trump 1/22/20 wrote:We have it totally under control. It's one person coming in from China. We have it under control. It's going to be just fine.
Donald Trump 1/24/20 wrote:China has been working very hard to contain the Coronavirus. The United States greatly appreciates their efforts and transparency. It will all work out well. In particular, on behalf of the American People, I want to thank President Xi!
Joe Biden 1/27/20 wrote:The possibility of a pandemic is a challenge Donald Trump is unqualified to handle as president. He is the worst possible person to lead our country through a global health challenge. The outbreak of a new coronavirus, which has already infected more than 2,700 people and killed over 80 in China, will get worse before it gets better. Cases have been confirmed in a dozen countries, with at least five in the United States. There will likely be more. … To be blunt, I am concerned that the Trump administration’s shortsighted policies have left us unprepared for a dangerous epidemic that will come sooner or later.
Donald Trump 1/30/20 wrote:Now we're working very strongly with China on the coronavirus — that's a new thing that a lot of people are talking about. Hopefully it won't be as bad as some people think it could be. But we're working very closely with them and with a lot of other people and a lot of other countries. And we think we have it very well under control. We have very little problem in this country at this moment — five. And those people are all recuperating successfully.
Joe Biden 1/31/20 wrote:We have, right now, a crisis with the coronavirus. This is no time for Donald Trump's record of hysteria and xenophobia - hysterical xenophobia - and fearmongering to lead the way instead of science.
Joe Biden 2/1/20 wrote:We are in the midst of a crisis with the coronavirus. We need to lead the way with science — not Donald Trump's record of hysteria, xenophobia, and fear-mongering. He is the worst possible person to lead our country through a global health emergency.
Donald Trump 2/2/20 wrote:Well, we pretty much shut it down coming in from China. We have a tremendous relationship with China, which is a very positive thing. Getting along with China, getting along with Russia getting along with these countries.
Donald Trump 2/7/20 wrote:Nothing is easy, but [China's President Xi] will be successful, especially as the weather starts to warm & the virus hopefully becomes weaker, and then gone.
Donald Trump 2/10/20 wrote:Now, the virus that we're talking about having to do — you know, a lot of people think that goes away in April with the heat — as the heat comes in. Typically, that will go away in April. We're in great shape though. We have 12 cases — 11 cases, and many of them are in good shape now
Donald Trump 2/13/20 wrote: [The virus] has not been spreading very much. In our country, we only have, basically, 12 cases and most of those people are recovering and some cases fully recovered. So it's actually less.

[Q: Did the Chinese tell the truth about this?]Well, you never know. I think they want to put the best face on it. So you know, I mean, if somebody -- if you were running it, you'd probably -- you wouldn't want to run out to the world and go crazy and start saying whatever it is because you don't want to create a panic. But, no, I think they've handled it professionally and I think they're extremely capable.
Donald Trump 2/24/20 wrote:The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA. We are in contact with everyone and all relevant countries. CDC & World Health have been working hard and very smart. Stock Market starting to look very good to me!
Donald Trump 2/25/20 wrote:CDC and my Administration are doing a GREAT job of handling Coronavirus, including the very early closing of our borders to certain areas of the world... So far, by the way, we have not had one death. Let's keep it that way!
Donald Trump 2/27/20 wrote:[W]hen you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done... It’s a little like the regular flu that we have flu shots for. And we’ll essentially have a flu shot for this in a fairly quick manner… This is a flu. This is like a flu... [W]e're testing everybody that we need to test. And we're finding very little problem
Donald Trump 2/28/20 wrote:t's going to disappear. One day — it's like a miracle — it will disappear... The Democrats are politicizing the coronavirus. You know that, right?...They tried the impeachment hoax. That was on a perfect conversation and this is their new hoax.
Joe Biden 2/28/20 wrote:No one takes the president's word for these things. He, at a minimum, exaggerates everything. And the idea that he's going to stand there and say, ‘everything is fine, don't worry,' who's going to believe that? Let the experts speak like we did in our administration
I'm not going to go back and parse what Bob and I may have said about the pandemic in the early stages. Neither one of us was in a position to do anything about it, and we didn't even have the best guidance regarding what safety precautions to take because it was so new. Joe Biden wasn't in a position to do anything about it either, but at least he used his limited bully pulpit to try to warn people to take this seriously. Trump did and, to use Spock's words, "completely missed and dismissed the first signs of COVID.

silverscreenselect

#5 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:37 am

Spock wrote:
Here's one that we didn't live through. John Brown's attack force at Harpers Ferry comprised 22 men in total. His forces seized the armory on October 17, 1859, taking several dozen hostages. At dawn the next day, army forces under Robert E. Lee broke in and in three minutes captured or killed most of Brown's force. Here's how the newspapers of the day described the event: "The label "raid" was not used at the time. A month after the attack, a Baltimore newspaper listed 26 terms used, including "insurrection", "rebellion", "treason", and "crusade". "Raid" was not among them."

Here's another one we didn't live through. On November 8, 1923, Adolph Hitler and a group of armed followers crashed a meeting of right-wing sympathizers in a Munich Beer Hall. After recruiting most of the people in the crowd to his side, Hitler's forces of about 2,000 left the next day for a planned march on Berlin where they intended to rally support for an overthrow of the German government. They didn't get very far before being stopped by armed police who shot and killed several of them. Hitler was arrested and convicted of treason. Rudolph Hess and others were convicted as well, while Herman Goering escaped to Austria.

These other insurrections had considerably fewer participants and didn't last much longer than what occurred at the Capitol and it was mostly the time it took to gather sufficient opposition forces. The only difference seems to be a greater willingness on the part of the troops or police opposing the insurrectionists to resort to gunfire to quell the insurrections.

Estonut
Evil Genius

#6 Post by Estonut » Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:53 am

Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:37 am
The only difference seems to be a greater willingness on the part of the troops or police opposing the insurrectionists to resort to gunfire to quell the insurrections.
Well, that, and the fact that those 2 groups of insurrectionists were actually armed.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx