Home cappuccino machines

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Ritterskoop

Home cappuccino machines

#1 Post by Ritterskoop » Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:36 pm

Looking for recommendations from folks who have personal experience with home cappuccino machines (the low-end machines around $180, not necessarily the $500 versions). I'm not wanting to go back to pods, but if they are now making them in something that's not plastic, I would consider it.

I had a Ninja for a while, and the basic frothing wand was not bad, so I might go back to that. It's more for roomie than for me; I am good with regular coffee, and right now, I have a plain ole $20 Krupps coffee pot. But he has come to love the Dunkin' cappuccinos, so I'm pondering.

Thanks for any insights. I've read reviews; you don't need to send me links to those. I want to know what you have experienced. Thanks.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

Bob Juch

Re: Home cappuccino machines

#2 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:12 pm

I bought a Flavia coffee maker years ago because my office had one so I could bring my favorites from home. I still use it. I make myself just two 5 oz cups per day.

It has espresso packets (not pods) and a milk-stuff powder. It's not Starbucks, but I like it occasionally. I use a light roast followed by a dark roast for my daily coffee.

They have a model for $79 and a higher-volume model for $399.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

BackInTex

Re: Home cappuccino machines

#3 Post by BackInTex » Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:10 pm

Coffee only, but I like being able to use ground coffee, either purchased or home ground.
No filter
Single cup
Easy

https://www.target.com/p/hamilton-beach ... lsrc=aw.ds
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson