RIP Alexander Hamilton

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Vandal
Director of Promos

RIP Alexander Hamilton

#1 Post by Vandal » Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:18 am

Anniversary time: 217 years ago yesterday, July 11, 1804, Aaron Burr and and Alexander Hamilton "rowed across the Hudson at dawn' for their infamous duel. Hamilton died of his mortal gunshot would the following afternoon, July 12, 217 years ago today.

Someone should write a play about this.
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

Bob Juch

Re: RIP Alexander Hamilton

#2 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:18 pm

Vandal wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:18 am
Anniversary time: 217 years ago yesterday, July 11, 1804, Aaron Burr and Alexander Hamilton "rowed across the Hudson at dawn' for their infamous duel. Hamilton died of his mortal gunshot wound the following afternoon, July 12, 217 years ago today.

Someone should write a play about this.
Actually, someone should write a miniseries about him; there's a lot more than the musical summarized. That should be as popular as the John Adams one. (What the John Adams miniseries left out is that my 4th great-grandfather, Peter Etter, used to have afternoon tea and political discussions with him often before Peter was forced to move to Nova Scotia in 1776.)

When I worked at the Citigroup office in Weehawken, I went to the reenactment of the duel that they hold every year.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.