Why is CPAC rooting for America to fail?

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Message
Author
User avatar
Bob78164
Bored Moderator
Posts: 19908
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Location: By the phone

Why is CPAC rooting for America to fail?

#1 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:15 am

Conservative activists cheered, literally cheered, America missing the Biden Administration's vaccination goal. Why are conservative activists rooting for America to fail? Why are Republican voters rewarding them (with endorsements and primary wins) for rooting against America? Patriotic Americans want to know. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 19190
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Why is CPAC rooting for America to fail?

#2 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:37 am

Bob78164 wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:15 am
Why are conservative activists rooting for America to fail?
They aren't just rooting for America to fail. They're rooting for their fellow Americans, more specifically their fellow conservative activists, to die a pretty horrible death. The Delta variant is now prevalent in the US, and it's more contagious and leads to more hospitalizations, especially among younger people, than the original strains. 99% of those who died in the United States in June were unvaccinated.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
Bob78164
Bored Moderator
Posts: 19908
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Location: By the phone

Re: Why is CPAC rooting for America to fail?

#3 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:57 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:37 am
Bob78164 wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:15 am
Why are conservative activists rooting for America to fail?
They aren't just rooting for America to fail. They're rooting for their fellow Americans, more specifically their fellow conservative activists, to die a pretty horrible death. The Delta variant is now prevalent in the US, and it's more contagious and leads to more hospitalizations, especially among younger people, than the original strains. 99% of those who died in the United States in June were unvaccinated.
I've seen plenty of data supporting the statement that the Delta variant is more contagious, and California's hospitalization numbers have certainly been increasing. I have not yet seen data that convinces me that the variant is more dangerous to those who contract it than are other strains of the disease. What have you seen? --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
BackInTex
Posts: 11199
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:43 pm
Location: In Texas of course!

Re: Why is CPAC rooting for America to fail?

#4 Post by BackInTex » Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:50 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:15 am
Patriotic Americans want to know. --Bob
You asked the question, so I guess you want to know, too?
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
BackInTex
Posts: 11199
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:43 pm
Location: In Texas of course!

Re: Why is CPAC rooting for America to fail?

#5 Post by BackInTex » Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:23 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:37 am
99% of those who died in the United States in June were unvaccinated.
99.6% of those unvaccinated didn't even get sick.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 19190
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Why is CPAC rooting for America to fail?

#6 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:56 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:23 pm
silverscreenselect wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:37 am
99% of those who died in the United States in June were unvaccinated.
99.6% of those unvaccinated didn't even get sick.
And 99.6% of those who don't wear seat belts don't get seriously injured in car accidents.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
Bob78164
Bored Moderator
Posts: 19908
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Location: By the phone

Re: Why is CPAC rooting for America to fail?

#7 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:27 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:23 pm
silverscreenselect wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:37 am
99% of those who died in the United States in June were unvaccinated.
99.6% of those unvaccinated didn't even get sick.
I don't know how you figured that. It looks to me like more than 10% of the American population has had COVID-19.

As for your implied attack on my patriotism, I'm not the one cheering for Americans to die. That's your fellow Republicans you're hearing on the video. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
BackInTex
Posts: 11199
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:43 pm
Location: In Texas of course!

Re: Why is CPAC rooting for America to fail?

#8 Post by BackInTex » Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:46 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:27 pm
BackInTex wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:23 pm
silverscreenselect wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:37 am
99% of those who died in the United States in June were unvaccinated.
99.6% of those unvaccinated didn't even get sick.
I don't know how you figured that. It looks to me like more than 10% of the American population has had COVID-19.
You have to read all the words in the problem. Key words in SSS's post is "in June".

Unvaccinated Americans: 173,260,835
New June cases: 357,663 (or 0.21% of unvaccinated people)

So I was wrong. Not 99.6% but 99.79% of unvaccinated people did not get sick in June.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
Bob78164
Bored Moderator
Posts: 19908
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Location: By the phone

Re: Why is CPAC rooting for America to fail?

#9 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:01 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:46 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:27 pm
BackInTex wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:23 pm
99.6% of those unvaccinated didn't even get sick.
I don't know how you figured that. It looks to me like more than 10% of the American population has had COVID-19.
You have to read all the words in the problem. Key words in SSS's post is "in June".

Unvaccinated Americans: 173,260,835
New June cases: 357,663 (or 0.21% of unvaccinated people)

So I was wrong. Not 99.6% but 99.79% of unvaccinated people did not get sick in June.
Are you really holding out the very beginning of an exponential curve as typical of what we can expect in the future? Hospitalizations in California from COVID have increased by approximately 50% in about a month, as the Delta variant takes hold and begins to spread in earnest. And bear in mind -- if only half of the population is immune and the variant is twice as contagious (an estimate I believe to be conservative), then we can expect just as many cases from the Delta variant now as we saw from other variants before vaccinations were available. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 19190
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Why is CPAC rooting for America to fail?

#10 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:16 pm

I found this information in response to Bob's question about the severity of delta cases but for some reason it didn't post. Data at this point is preliminary, especially in terms of fatalities, which always lag hospitalizations. And if more hospitalizations translate into hospitals being overwhelmed, then the fatality rate will go up.

But I think it's very akin to my example of wearing seat belts. I've never been in an accident in which I or anyone in my car could have been badly injured if we hadn't worn seat belts. But I don't look at the hours I spent buckling and unbuckling and the slight additional discomfort as wasted. And the more that we allow the delta variant to spread, the more we risk having it mutate into something even worse or less resistant to vaccines.
There is some indication that the Delta variant may also result in more severe disease. A study in Scotland, published in the Lancet, found the hospitalization rate of patients with that variant was about 85 percent higher than that of people with the Alpha variant. But because of the time lag between hospitalizations and deaths, there is not enough data to say whether or not Delta is more deadly than other variants. “The thing we were surprised by is just how rapidly the Delta variant took hold,” says Aziz Sheikh, a professor of primary care at the University of Edinburgh and lead author of the Lancet study. “We were again in an exponential phase of growth of cases.” This should be a lesson for the U.S., he says.
https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... n-the-u-s/
There is still little data available about whether the delta variant causes more deaths. What is known is that, according to the PHE, 117 of the 92,056 people infected with the delta variant in the UK up to June 21 died. That means a fatality rate of 0.1%, which is very low in comparison with other variants.
However, experts believe that the low rate of deaths largely has to do with the fact that a large proportion of the UK population is now vaccinated against the coronavirus and does not mean that delta of itself causes any less serious cases of the disease.

Indeed, the hospitalization rate reported so far from the UK indicates that the variant causes a more severe course of illness rather than a milder one: The risk of ending up in hospital after becoming infected with delta is almost double that after being infected by the alpha variant, according to data from the PHE and a new study published in the medical journal The Lancet. "The data from the UK tells us that it is more likely to cause hospitalization, so it wouldn't be surprising if it is found to be more deadly," said Gurdasani. "While vaccinations in countries where these are widely available may avert some of this, that connection between case and hospitalizations is still not going to be lost," Gurdasani said, "and we know that the majority of the world still has a large, unprotected population that hasn't been vaccinated yet." More information is needed to confirm studies and reports that say the delta variant causes more severe disease, said the WHO's COVID technical lead Maria Van Kerkhove.
https://www.dw.com/en/fact-check-what-d ... a-57949754
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 19190
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Why is CPAC rooting for America to fail?

#11 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:21 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:01 pm
Hospitalizations in California from COVID have increased by approximately 50% in about a month, as the Delta variant takes hold and begins to spread in earnest. And bear in mind -- if only half of the population is immune and the variant is twice as contagious (an estimate I believe to be conservative), then we can expect just as many cases from the Delta variant now as we saw from other variants before vaccinations were available. --Bob
The other thing to keep in mind is that vaccination rates are not uniform around the country. People who have not been vaccinated now benefit to a certain extent from the immunity of many vaccinated people around them (not full herd immunity but much better than what we faced last summer). So, you've now got a much more contagious variant spreading more rapidly in pockets of the country where far fewer people have been vaccinated.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
BackInTex
Posts: 11199
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:43 pm
Location: In Texas of course!

Re: Why is CPAC rooting for America to fail?

#12 Post by BackInTex » Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:24 pm

You know what?

If I put on a seat belt and for some reason, perhaps a severe allergy to whatever it's made of, I have a reaction, or perhaps it was manufactured wrong and caused a blister, I can later not use it, or replace it.

If I get a vaccine and for some reason my heart inflames, or it was a bad batch and I get some autoimmune disease, I can't remove those molecules from my system.

Big difference in using an external device vs putting some unknown and unapproved substance into your body.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
Bob78164
Bored Moderator
Posts: 19908
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Location: By the phone

Re: Why is CPAC rooting for America to fail?

#13 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:38 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:24 pm
You know what?

If I put on a seat belt and for some reason, perhaps a severe allergy to whatever it's made of, I have a reaction, or perhaps it was manufactured wrong and caused a blister, I can later not use it, or replace it.

If I get a vaccine and for some reason my heart inflames, or it was a bad batch and I get some autoimmune disease, I can't remove those molecules from my system.

Big difference in using an external device vs putting some unknown and unapproved substance into your body.
No one is asking anyone to put an "unknown and unapproved" substance into their body. Suggesting otherwise is bullshit.

But to return to the original point, are you saying that you'd be okay with CPAC cheering a massive increase in auto accident deaths because of a successful campaign demonizing the use of seat belts? Would you be okay with the NRA cheering a massive increase in deaths from gun violence because of the success of their efforts against regulation? Because that's what CPAC did here. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 19190
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Why is CPAC rooting for America to fail?

#14 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:36 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:24 pm
If I get a vaccine and for some reason my heart inflames, or it was a bad batch and I get some autoimmune disease, I can't remove those molecules from my system.

Big difference in using an external device vs putting some unknown and unapproved substance into your body.
3,000 people die every year in the U.S. from various types of food poisoning. So, by your logic, we should stop eating.

BiT's argument and the argument most right wingers make takes a valid application of the laws of probability and then uses faulty data. When deciding between two courses of action, it's proper to weight the relative probability and risk of each. But right-wingers continue to downplay the risks of COVID, even when we've seen over 600,000 fatalities from the disease in the United States. Then they throw around various risks without attempting to assess the probability or severity of these risks. And the ultimate fallback is that "I can't remove those molecules from my system." Well, guess what. You can't remove the COVID virus from your system either and that's been proven to be far more dangerous than some hypothetical bad batch of vaccine.

According to the CDC, there have been about 6,000 deaths of people who have received at least one dose of the vaccine. That's total confirmed deaths, not necessarily those tied specifically to the vaccine. That's out of 180 million people who have had at least one dose of the vaccine. That's compared to 600,000 deaths from COVID. If people are concerned about the vaccine, they should talk to their physician, but the overwhelming majority of physicians recommend the vaccine.

It would be one thing if BiT, Spock, Trump, Tucker Carlson, and all the COVID and vaccine deniers had been right occasionally about their predictions. But they've been spectacularly wrong each and every time and they keep recommending the same thing each and every time and more people keep dying and conservatives keep cheering like they announced that their favorite school's arch rivals had just lost a big game.
Last edited by silverscreenselect on Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
BackInTex
Posts: 11199
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:43 pm
Location: In Texas of course!

Re: Why is CPAC rooting for America to fail?

#15 Post by BackInTex » Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:47 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:36 pm
BackInTex wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:24 pm
If I get a vaccine and for some reason my heart inflames, or it was a bad batch and I get some autoimmune disease, I can't remove those molecules from my system.

Big difference in using an external device vs putting some unknown and unapproved substance into your body.
3,000 people die every year in the U.S. from various types of food poisoning. So, by your logic, we should stop eating.
My logic does not say stop doing something required to live. Neither getting a vaccination or not wearing a seatbelt will, with 100% assurance, result in death. Plus, one can take reasonable precautions to prevent death from not wearing a seatbelt or dying from food poisoning. Plus, not wearing a seatbelt, or not eating, can, if desired, be reversed. Eat and wear a seatbelt. Once vaccinated, always vaccinated.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
BackInTex
Posts: 11199
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:43 pm
Location: In Texas of course!

Re: Why is CPAC rooting for America to fail?

#16 Post by BackInTex » Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:49 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:38 pm
BackInTex wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:24 pm
You know what?

If I put on a seat belt and for some reason, perhaps a severe allergy to whatever it's made of, I have a reaction, or perhaps it was manufactured wrong and caused a blister, I can later not use it, or replace it.

If I get a vaccine and for some reason my heart inflames, or it was a bad batch and I get some autoimmune disease, I can't remove those molecules from my system.

Big difference in using an external device vs putting some unknown and unapproved substance into your body.
No one is asking anyone to put an "unknown and unapproved" substance into their body. Suggesting otherwise is bullshit.

But to return to the original point, are you saying that you'd be okay with CPAC cheering a massive increase in auto accident deaths because of a successful campaign demonizing the use of seat belts? Would you be okay with the NRA cheering a massive increase in deaths from gun violence because of the success of their efforts against regulation? Because that's what CPAC did here. --Bob
No one was cheering deaths Bob. Be honest, for once. At least try.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 19190
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Why is CPAC rooting for America to fail?

#17 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:04 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:49 pm
No one was cheering deaths Bob. Be honest, for once. At least try.
They weren't cheering deaths but they were cheering something whose inevitable result will be more avoidable deaths. Admittedly, their thinking processes probably weren't that far advanced, but I'd be willing to bet that there will be a few people at this year's CPAC who won't be around for next year's if they don't get vaccinated.

And I'd repeat the point I made in the post I just edited. It's true that "once vaccinated, always vaccinated," but it's also true that once the COVID virus gets in your body, it stays there as well. And I'd rather have something that might possibly some day be shown to be harmful than something that's already been proven to be deadly.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
BackInTex
Posts: 11199
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:43 pm
Location: In Texas of course!

Re: Why is CPAC rooting for America to fail?

#18 Post by BackInTex » Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:38 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:04 pm
BackInTex wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:49 pm
No one was cheering deaths Bob. Be honest, for once. At least try.
They weren't cheering deaths but they were cheering something whose inevitable result will be more avoidable deaths. Admittedly, their thinking processes probably weren't that far advanced, but I'd be willing to bet that there will be a few people at this year's CPAC who won't be around for next year's if they don't get vaccinated.

And I'd repeat the point I made in the post I just edited. It's true that "once vaccinated, always vaccinated," but it's also true that once the COVID virus gets in your body, it stays there as well. And I'd rather have something that might possibly some day be shown to be harmful than something that's already been proven to be deadly for an extremely small percentage of the population not having known medical issues.
Fixed it for you.

I'm sure there are people cheering on the freedom protesters in Cuba now. However, I'll wager many of them won't be around next year either. You stay in your cave and remain alive, I'll do what I do and live a full life (even if a short one).

BTW, what's the line on whether I'm vaccinated or not? Or will be by the end of the year?
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 19190
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Why is CPAC rooting for America to fail?

#19 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:19 am

BackInTex wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:38 am
You stay in your cave and remain alive, I'll do what I do and live a full life (even if a short one).
Again, this isn't a matter of you deciding to do something risky like bungee jumping or having a hurricane party in a coastal high-rise condo as part of "living a full life." If you're wrong, you're the only person to suffer. However, the more people who don't get vaccinated, the more the disease will continue to spread and the more the risk of still more dangerous variants occurring, putting everyone at greater risk. And that nonsense about "known medical issues" is just that, nonsense. The majority of adults in this country have one known medical issue or another that puts them at greater risk.

And let's not kid ourselves. For many right wingers, it's not about weighing the risks or personal freedom, it's about "winning" over the Democrats and liberals.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

wbtravis007
Posts: 987
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:15 pm
Location: Skipperville, Tx.

Re: Why is CPAC rooting for America to fail?

#20 Post by wbtravis007 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:35 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:46 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:27 pm
BackInTex wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:23 pm
99.6% of those unvaccinated didn't even get sick.
I don't know how you figured that. It looks to me like more than 10% of the American population has had COVID-19.
You have to read all the words in the problem. Key words in SSS's post is "in June".

Unvaccinated Americans: 173,260,835
New June cases: 357,663 (or 0.21% of unvaccinated people)

So I was wrong. Not 99.6% but 99.79% of unvaccinated people did not get sick in June.
I ain't no stinkin' scientist, but your number strikes me as being being ridiculously low. I think it's probably because the numbers that you've come up with in your "problem"(not SSS's) are kind of meaningless.

I'm guessing that the 173+ milliion might include some of the following:

- People who have had the virus, whether they knew it or not or whether it was reported or not.

- People who have continued to try to protect themselves by following the various protocols.

- People who live in communities that have achieved or are close to achieving herd immunity.

- Young kids or others who are considered by just about everybody to be at much lower risk of catching it than most others.

And, I'm guessing that the 357,663 doesn't include some who contracted the virus in June without it being reported for one reason or another.

Common sense tells me that, come flu season, people who live among a bunch of necks, like I do, had best buckle up.

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 19190
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Why is CPAC rooting for America to fail?

#21 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:24 am

BackInTex wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:38 am
something that's already been proven to be deadly for an extremely small percentage of the population not having known medical issues
Lauren Toman, the [Missouri] hospital's director of respiratory care, said that while during previous surges patients tended to be older and have preexisting conditions, patients now are younger and healthier -- but are coming in sicker and getting worse more quickly. "They rapidly decline, very fast, and then even after intubation we'll see them rapidly decline and unfortunately we are seeing people passing quicker than before," Toman told CNN. All the patients she has worked with in recent weeks have been unvaccinated, Toman said.

An hour and a half away, Erik Frederick, the chief administrative officer at Mercy Hospital Springfield, told CNN they're seeing patient numbers accelerate "at a pace that's almost unbelievable." The hospital went from 26 Covid-19 patients June 1 to more than 130 on Saturday -- higher than ever before, including their winter surge. "Last year, it took us from September 1 to our peak, on December 28, to go from 24 to 113 (patients)," Frederick said. "We eclipsed that this year in 39 days."
https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/13/us/us-co ... index.html

And for the "it's my body, I'll enjoy life while I can" crowd:
Children will likely pay the price for adults in the US not getting vaccinated at high enough rates to slow or stop the spread of Covid-19, which has been surging in most states, a vaccine expert said. Dr. Peter Hotez, a vaccinologist and dean of the National School of Tropical Medicine at Baylor College of Medicine, told CNN's Anderson Cooper Tuesday that if vaccination rates among adults and kids 12 and older continue to lag amid increased spread of the virus, the youngest members of the population will be most affected. "Transmission will continue to accelerate ... and the ones who will also pay the price, in addition to the unvaccinated adolescents, are the little kids who depend on the adults and adolescents to get vaccinated in order to slow or halt transmission."

In Mississippi, seven children are in intensive care with Covid-19, and two are on ventilators, State Health Officer Dr. Thomas Dobbs tweeted Tuesday evening.
Many more adolescents could become hospitalized, Hotez said, adding up to 30% of children infected will develop long-haul covid. Scientists are now learning about neurological consequences to long-haul covid, Hotez added. Some studies have shown impacts on the brain of people who have been infected with the virus. One study in April found 34% of Covid-19 survivors received a diagnosis for a neurological or psychological condition within six months of their infection. "What you're doing is your condemning a whole generation of adolescents to neurologic injury totally unnecessarily," Hotez said. "It's just absolutely heartbreaking and beyond frustrating for vaccine scientists like myself to see this happen."
https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/14/health/u ... index.html
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
Estonut
Evil Genius
Posts: 10084
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:16 am
Location: Garden Grove, CA

Re: Why is CPAC rooting for America to fail?

#22 Post by Estonut » Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:36 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:19 am
... or having a hurricane party in a coastal high-rise condo as part of "living a full life."
This is in extremely poor taste right now, even for you.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

User avatar
Weyoun
Posts: 1697
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:36 pm

Re: Why is CPAC rooting for America to fail?

#23 Post by Weyoun » Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:49 am

BackInTex wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:24 pm
You know what?

If I put on a seat belt and for some reason, perhaps a severe allergy to whatever it's made of, I have a reaction, or perhaps it was manufactured wrong and caused a blister, I can later not use it, or replace it.

If I get a vaccine and for some reason my heart inflames, or it was a bad batch and I get some autoimmune disease, I can't remove those molecules from my system.

Big difference in using an external device vs putting some unknown and unapproved substance into your body.
This is a terrible example (big surprise) because the rate of side effects is incredibly low.

And I would add COVID can cause heart inflammation as well - I've seen it.

If you are ACTUALLY using a risk/benefit analysis, you would get the vaccine.

Even if your symptoms from COVID are mild, you would have to miss work, and deal with other hassles.

At this point, tens of millions of Americans have been vaccinated. Holding out from some magic medication without side effects is just another form of your denialism.

PS Are you on ANY medications? Did you put up a fight regarding any pills you take?

User avatar
Weyoun
Posts: 1697
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:36 pm

Re: Why is CPAC rooting for America to fail?

#24 Post by Weyoun » Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:53 am

I usually work in Pittsburgh, where the vaccination rate in the city is something like 70%.

I've not seen COVID there in two months.

I work very occasionally in another town in rural PA. It's relatively sophisticated compared to some towns in that area, largely due to tourism, but there are a lot f deniers there.

Saw three cases just on Saturday - one quite ill.

The quite ill gentleman, for whatever reason, wore a badge with his NRA membership number on it, attached to his left upper shirt. I didn't inquire as to why he felt he needed to let me known he was in the NRA. :shock: :shock: :shock: Honestly he was ill enough that someone probably had to pin it onto his shirt.

Some folks are just going to be weird, and they will *never* listen.

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 19190
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Why is CPAC rooting for America to fail?

#25 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:30 pm

Washington Post 7/14/21 wrote:Days after initial data from two coronavirus vaccines showed broad effectiveness at preventing illness, Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) went on Fox Business Network to laud them. “I’ve been a big proponent of releasing it early,” Paul said Nov. 19. “I think that we’ve had enough safety and effectiveness data.” About two weeks later, Paul told Fox: “All I would say to government officials is let’s get the vaccine out as soon as we can.”

Since then, Paul has become one of several congressional Republicans employing conjecture and misinformation to question the efficacy of the vaccines and the Biden administration’s efforts to vaccinate more Americans. While it is not inherently contradictory to praise the vaccines while also asking questions about them, most of these Republican questions are premised on misinformation. It marks a significant shift after those same Republicans touted the vaccines during the Trump administration, and it comes as infections and deaths have grown among the unvaccinated and dropped among the vaccinated. In December, Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.) praised the Trump administration’s “brilliant” Operation Warp Speed for helping expedite the development of coronavirus vaccines. Since then, Johnson has inflated the number of adverse reactions and deaths linked to the vaccines.

Rep. Ronny Jackson (R-Tex.), a former White House physician, told Fox News in November that he would get vaccinated to contribute to herd immunity. By July, Jackson was warning Fox viewers that “this is still an experimental vaccine being used under an emergency use authorization.” In March, Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) praised former president Donald Trump for saving lives with the coronavirus vaccines. By July, Greene was telling Americans not to get vaccinated. Rep. Brian Mast (R-Fla.) produced a video trumpeting Trump’s vaccine effort in December, only to question the long-term effects of the vaccines five months later on Fox. Less than two months after thanking Trump for the vaccines, Rep. Madison Cawthorn (R-N.C.) in July said a Biden effort to vaccinate more Americans could lead to government confiscation of guns and Bibles.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... ning-them/

It's all politics. And people like the man Weyoun treated may pay with their lives. And the lives of their children and grandchildren.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Post Reply