Why is CPAC rooting for America to fail?

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Weyoun

Re: Why is CPAC rooting for America to fail?

#76 Post by Weyoun » Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:41 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:26 pm
Bob Juch wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:45 am
Weyoun wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:07 am
It’s weird how we have a contagious virus and vaccination seems to prevent morbidity as well as almost all mortality, and yet we STILL have people pushing back.

I think it’s a mental defect. People get comfortable in their universe and how it’s arranged. Anything that changes it throws it off. At this point, the debate has moved from whether not the vaccine is effective to whether or not people feel comfortable having someone else strongly suggest they do something for the benefit of all

What would Jesus do, by the way? Would he mumble about what the vaccine might do to him ten years from now, or would he take the jab?
Jesus would heal the sick.
He would not need to take the vaccination.

He might heal some. He did not heal all the sick during His ministry on Earth.

The question would be what would he instruct HIs disciples to do.
Oh, so he didn’t need vaccines? Interesting. Do you think Jesus needed to eat? Was the crucifixion just him letting his guard down for one day?

silverscreenselect

#77 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:32 am

Amid the current push for Americans to receive the COVID-19 vaccine, some have now started disguising themselves when they go to their vaccine appointments, a southern Missouri doctor said. On July 18, Ozarks Healthcare posted a video on its Facebook page where Dr. Priscilla Frase, a hospitalist and chief medical information officer for Ozarks Healthcare in West Plains, said a pharmacist informed her of some people asking to remain anonymous when receiving the vaccine.

“They’ve had several people come in to get vaccinated who have tried to sort of disguise their appearance and even went so far as to say, ‘Please, please, please don’t let anybody know that I got this vaccine. I don’t want my friends to know but I don’t want to get COVID,’” Frase said. “But they’re very concerned about how their people that they love, within their family and within their friendship circles and work circles are going to react if they found out they got the vaccine.”
https://www.kansascity.com/news/coronav ... 68023.html

That was July 18. More recently:

Ozarks Healthcare in West Plains sets new record for COVID-19 admissions
Ozarks Healthcare has reopened its COVID-19 unit and the hospital has reached full capacity. West Plains, the County seat, is making national news--but it’s not the kind of publicity any town wants. Anderson Cooper recently interviewed an Ozarks Healthcare physician about how some patients don’t want anyone to know they received the vaccination. “It’s really astonishing people are disguising themselves to get the vaccine because they’re afraid of blowback from people,” Cooper said to Dr. Priscilla Frase during a live interview on CNN. Frase confirmed that the hospital has to take extra measures to protect the privacy of people who don’t want friends, family or coworkers to know they got the shot.

As of Friday, July 30, Ozarks Healthcare had 39 COVID-19 patients. Hospital officials say on average, during the past month, someone has died every day from the virus. Dr. Christopher Cochran, M.D. specializes in internal medicine at Ozarks Medical Center. His office oversees most of the outpatient testing done at the hospital. “The vast, overwhelming majority of our COVID-19 patients are unvaccinated,” said Dr. Cochran. “And by that I mean in the upper 90′s percentile.” Dr. Cochran added, “We have not admitted a single vaccinated person into our ICU who was suffering with Covid.”

“I will be the very first to admit that I was absolutely 100% wrong about this disease,” said Cochran. “And that’s one of the reasons that I work so hard to get my community vaccinated because I was wrong and I told my community the wrong things. I didn’t tell anyone this was a fake disease, or it wasn’t real or people weren’t really suffering from it--nothing like that--but I never dreamed it would make it here and do what it’s done to our community.”

Meanwhile, vaccination rates in Howell County remain at some of the lowest levels in the country. Just over 20% of eligible recipients have opted to get the shots. The national average is 56%. However, the Howell County Health Department reports that they’ve seen a significant increase in doses they’ve administered in the past month. They offer vaccine clinics every Friday. A month ago, they gave 20 shots during the clinic. On July 30, they already had given 86 by 2:00, and still had two hours to go.

Pomona resident John Marcum got curbside service at the vaccine clinic when he and his 90-year old father got their first shots. Three of his cousins, all chiropractors, currently are battling COVID. “I guess one’s in real bad shape,” said Marcum. “One of them went to Disneyworld, from what I understand, and got it and brought it back to his brothers.” None of them had been vaccinated. “They just thought they didn’t need it,” said Marcum.

Dr. Cochran said he’s doing everything he can to convince people to get vaccinated. “I don’t know if I hurt people by being wrong,” said Cochran, “but I am trying to help people by being right, and that is to recommend that everyone who can--and that’s almost everyone--get vaccinated for Covid somewhere, somehow.” Cochran said the recent surge in COVID-19 cases has left the hospital staff stretched thin and stressed out. “If you come into Ozarks Healthcare with a heart attack or stroke or any of those things,” he said, “you’re going to get great care, you’re going to get exactly the care that you need, but you’re going to get cared for by a bunch of tired people, because they’re worn out taking care of a disease that’s so preventable, and it’s pretty frustrating for all of us.”
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

silverscreenselect

#78 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:56 am

Texas GOP Official Mocked COVID Five Days Before He Died of Virus
A GOP official from Texas who regularly espoused anti-vaccine and anti-mask views online has died from COVID-19, five days after posting a meme on Facebook questioning the wisdom of getting inoculated against COVID. Dickinson City Council member and State Republican Executive Committee member H. Scott Apley, 45, died in a local hospital around 3 a.m. Wednesday morning, according to a GoFundMe page set up to help Apley’s family with expenses. He was admitted to the facility in Galveston on Sunday with “pneumonia-like symptoms,” and was hooked up to a ventilator as his condition worsened. His wife was also infected, the family said. “He leaves behind his wife, Melissa, who is COVID positive, as well as their infant son Reid.”

Apley is a staunch conservative and devout Christian. But based on his social media activity, Apley didn’t believe COVID was going to affect him or his family. In May, Apley posted an invitation for a “mask burning” being held at a bar in Cincinnati, commenting, “I wish I lived in the area!” A couple of weeks earlier, he posted a news article about giveaways and incentives meant to encourage people to get vaccinated, writing, “Disgusting.” Apley also railed against so-called vaccine passports, which restrict high-risk activities, such as indoor dining, to the fully vaccinated. Recently, he suggested that mask mandates in Germany were akin to Nazism. And when former Baltimore health commissioner Leana Wen celebrated good news this spring about the Pfizer vaccine’s efficacy, a seemingly outraged Apley called her “an absolute enemy of a free people.”

On July 30, less than a week before his death, Apley reposted a meme on his Facebook page that said: “In 6 months, we’ve gone from the vax ending the pandemic—to you can still get covid even if vaxxed—to you can pass covid onto others even if vaxxed—to you can still die of covid even if vaxxed—to the unvaxxed are killing the vaxxed.”
This man was a hero to Spock and BiT. After all, he didn't "quit living to stay alive because anything can kill you." Except, of course, he did quit living. And he wasn't "living in abject fear for a year and a half." Except now he isn't living, in abject fear or otherwise.

BackInTex

#79 Post by BackInTex » Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:18 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:56 am
Texas GOP Official Mocked COVID Five Days Before He Died of Virus
A GOP official from Texas who regularly espoused anti-vaccine and anti-mask views online has died from COVID-19, five days after posting a meme on Facebook questioning the wisdom of getting inoculated against COVID. Dickinson City Council member and State Republican Executive Committee member H. Scott Apley, 45, died in a local hospital around 3 a.m. Wednesday morning, according to a GoFundMe page set up to help Apley’s family with expenses. He was admitted to the facility in Galveston on Sunday with “pneumonia-like symptoms,” and was hooked up to a ventilator as his condition worsened. His wife was also infected, the family said. “He leaves behind his wife, Melissa, who is COVID positive, as well as their infant son Reid.”

Apley is a staunch conservative and devout Christian. But based on his social media activity, Apley didn’t believe COVID was going to affect him or his family. In May, Apley posted an invitation for a “mask burning” being held at a bar in Cincinnati, commenting, “I wish I lived in the area!” A couple of weeks earlier, he posted a news article about giveaways and incentives meant to encourage people to get vaccinated, writing, “Disgusting.” Apley also railed against so-called vaccine passports, which restrict high-risk activities, such as indoor dining, to the fully vaccinated. Recently, he suggested that mask mandates in Germany were akin to Nazism. And when former Baltimore health commissioner Leana Wen celebrated good news this spring about the Pfizer vaccine’s efficacy, a seemingly outraged Apley called her “an absolute enemy of a free people.”

On July 30, less than a week before his death, Apley reposted a meme on his Facebook page that said: “In 6 months, we’ve gone from the vax ending the pandemic—to you can still get covid even if vaxxed—to you can pass covid onto others even if vaxxed—to you can still die of covid even if vaxxed—to the unvaxxed are killing the vaxxed.”
This man was a hero to Spock and BiT. After all, he didn't "quit living to stay alive because anything can kill you." Except, of course, he did quit living. And he wasn't "living in abject fear for a year and a half." Except now he isn't living, in abject fear or otherwise.
Yep, you, and the press, found one. Congrats. I'm sure you're celebrating. You can stop your happy dance now.

I guess we, Spock and I, should start looking for folks who wore a mask, got vaccinated, stayed home in their rooms for the entire year, and still died of whatever and wring our hands over them not getting that last sit down meal at Sizzler or seeing one more movie before they died.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#80 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:53 am

BackInTex wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:18 am
I guess we, Spock and I, should start looking for folks who wore a mask, got vaccinated, stayed home in their rooms for the entire year, and still died of whatever and wring our hands over them not getting that last sit down meal at Sizzler or seeing one more movie before they died.
Of course, judging by the mortality rate among those vaccinated, finding such a person may prove as difficult as finding a unicorn.

Do they still have Sizzlers? I haven't seen one in years. Or Western Sizzlin either.

silverscreenselect

#81 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:11 pm

Florida radio host who railed against Dr. Fauci and vaccines has died from COVID-19
A radio host from Florida who publicly bashed coronavirus vaccines has died from COVID-19. Dick Farrel frequently advocated against the vaccine on his personal Facebook page. "Why take a vax promoted by people who lied 2u all along about masks, where the virus came from and the death toll?" Farrel wrote on Facebook on July 3, with no additional context or clarification.

"Vaccine Bogus Bull Shid!, Two peeps I know, got vaxed, now have Corona, hospitalized critical," he wrote on July 1. "Thank you Moderna, FOR NOTHING!" His friend, Mike McCabe, said on Facebook that Farrel, 65, had been battling COVID-19 for three weeks before his death this week. Farrel also railed against Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation's leading coronavirus expert, calling him a "power tripping lying freak." The longtime radio host was an ardent support of former President Donald Trump, Facebook posts show.
And now, the rest of the story:
After contracting the virus, friends said Farrel texted them and urged them to get the vaccine, according to WPTV, an NBC News affiliate. "He is the reason I took the shot," said Amy Leigh Hair, Farrel's close friend. "He texted me and told me to 'Get it!' He told me this virus is no joke and he said, "I wish I had gotten it!"
Yet another deathbed conversion. At least, his death accomplished something positive.

Bob Juch

#82 Post by Bob Juch » Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:10 am

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Bob Juch

#83 Post by Bob Juch » Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:05 pm

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

wbtravis007

#84 Post by wbtravis007 » Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:41 pm

wbtravis007 wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:35 pm
BackInTex wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:46 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:27 pm
I don't know how you figured that. It looks to me like more than 10% of the American population has had COVID-19.
You have to read all the words in the problem. Key words in SSS's post is "in June".

Unvaccinated Americans: 173,260,835
New June cases: 357,663 (or 0.21% of unvaccinated people)

So I was wrong. Not 99.6% but 99.79% of unvaccinated people did not get sick in June.
I ain't no stinkin' scientist, but your number strikes me as being being ridiculously low. I think it's probably because the numbers that you've come up with in your "problem"(not SSS's) are kind of meaningless.

I'm guessing that the 173+ milliion might include some of the following:

- People who have had the virus, whether they knew it or not or whether it was reported or not.

- People who have continued to try to protect themselves by following the various protocols.

- People who live in communities that have achieved or are close to achieving herd immunity.

- Young kids or others who are considered by just about everybody to be at much lower risk of catching it than most others.

And, I'm guessing that the 357,663 doesn't include some who contracted the virus in June without it being reported for one reason or another.

Common sense tells me that, come flu season, people who live among a bunch of necks, like I do, had best buckle up.
I still am worried about flu season and back-to-school without very many precautions, but I kind of underestimated the degree of the surge we're seeing in neck-dense areas already.

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#85 Post by SportsFan68 » Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:12 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:05 pm
I believe that not only is it polite, it's a matter of safety.

I'll bet that more than 90% of the folks who didn't get vaccinated also didn't drive drunk in the past year and a half as a matter of safety.

I'll bet that more than 83% (my county in 2020) of the folks who didn't get vaccinated also didn't smoke in the past year and a half as a matter of safety.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller